Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does this laptop run Sims 4?

Comments

• Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited April 2017
    Well, I bought the smaller one cause the payment conditions were better.
    Think my old one's 17 inch one... i hope 15 doesn't look too small.

Oh and thanks guys for your input! :)
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    If anyone is thinking of buying a new machine make sure it has or can handle Windows 10 Creator's edition. I am having great trouble trying to install it even though my laptop is only over two years old and Microsoft says it approves processors etc. It seems to be HP's fault. I have got it from 30% to 90% before it giving up so still hopeful a workaround can be found or I find the stumbling block.
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Mchap353 wrote: »
    If anyone is thinking of buying a new machine make sure it has or can handle Windows 10 Creator's edition. I am having great trouble trying to install it even though my laptop is only over two years old and Microsoft says it approves processors etc. It seems to be HP's fault. I have got it from 30% to 90% before it giving up so still hopeful a workaround can be found or I find the stumbling block.

HP had big problems even going from Windows 8 to 8.1. My guess is your hardware has something to do with it. Sorry to say HP has gone down hill. Would never buy HP now
  • Options
    I'm using my mum's man's HP while I wait for my new laptop to be delivered. He said he had to go get it fixed when the forceful Win 10 was going on. And the repairman said this laptop just can't handle Win 10, so it was stripped back to Win 7.
  • Options
    WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member
    Well cant say i agree, i have an HP laptop and my windows works just fine. Never had any issues with it really.

Anyways OP, my laptop is the smaller one and for me its perfect as the bigger ones are clumsy when you move around alot. Thats my opinion(:
  • Options
    Well cant say i agree, i have an HP laptop and my windows works just fine. Never had any issues with it really.

Anyways OP, my laptop is the smaller one and for me its perfect as the bigger ones are clumsy when you move around alot. Thats my opinion(:

Your HP might be newer. There are many older computers that can't handle windows 10 because of their hardware. Not just HP. The hardware is out of date for windows 10. When I stated HP had problems with upgrading windows, I got that directly from microsoft. The upgrade also ruined my HP laptop from 8 to 8.1.
  • Options

Have you installed the Creator update? It is only that I had trouble with when I was offered the update as an Insider. HP have a list of Creator tested machines on their support site and I couldn't find mine on it. Check it out.

I have always tended to buy HP machines and really like them even though I do need a cooler pad underneath when running Sims4.
  • Options
    chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    edited April 2017
    I installed the creator update on my desktop, It's a big update so i am guessing those with "brand name laptops" may have some issues with compatibility.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    @chesterbigbird

You might understand this. I cannot!

Copied from 19th April entry on HP messageboard by Mutzli to others having same error code.
    "I think so. It looks like there is an address conflict between the TPM module and Ethernet card. Probably caused by the way Windows 10 is accessing the TPM information. I know that in Creators update they changed how Windows is using the TPM information."
  • Options
    @chesterbigbird

Copied from 19th April entry on HP messageboard by Mutzli to others having same error code.
    "I think so. It looks like there is an address conflict between the TPM module and Ethernet card. Probably caused by the way Windows 10 is accessing the TPM information. I know that in Creators update they changed how Windows is using the TPM information."

Sorry have no idea LOL.
    I think that is a problem for HP to work out.
    Like i said above, It's usually laptops such as hp/dell/Toshiba that have issues with big windows updates, And unfortunately the laptop manufacturer's rarely have updates to fix issues similar to this, I'm not saying they will not fix it but it might take them some time to do it, Usually they blame Microsoft and tell you to go back to another OS.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,603 Member
    @chesterbigbird

Have you tried uninstalling the creators update? I'm not too sure if it's possible but maybe you can try.

https://www.howtogeek.com/235474/how-to-roll-back-builds-and-uninstall-updates-on-windows-10/
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    DeKay wrote: »
    @chesterbigbird

Have you tried uninstalling the creators update? I'm not too sure if it's possible but maybe you can try.

https://www.howtogeek.com/235474/how-to-roll-back-builds-and-uninstall-updates-on-windows-10/

It's rolled back itself so I am ok. HP seems to be poor in supporting laptops that get past the warranty date though and I do not think that I will make them my next purchase. Microsoft support have emailed me as to my efforts so far and I have sent feedback so the ball is in their court. Wrote that they promised my machine could take it so keep their promise!

Someone on the feed I read wrote that it might have to wait to the next major update to sort out. (Redstone)?

PS: I did find after buying my very first HP Compaq laptop donkey's years ago that a complete removal of everything HP and complete reformat and installation of a vanilla Windows setup let me upgrade my Ram (refused before) and the machine worked perfectly for ten years after passing it on to my sister! The Cmos gave out eventually.
  • Options
    DeKay wrote: »
    @chesterbigbird

It's rolled back itself so I am ok. HP seems to be poor in supporting laptops that get past the warranty date though and I do not think that I will make them my next purchase. Microsoft support have emailed me as to my efforts so far and I have sent feedback so the ball is in their court. Wrote that they promised my machine could take it so keep their promise!

Someone on the feed I read wrote that it might have to wait to the next major update to sort out. (Redstone)?

PS: I did find after buying my very first HP Compaq laptop donkey's years ago that a complete removal of everything HP and complete reformat and installation of a vanilla Windows setup let me upgrade my Ram (refused before) and the machine worked perfectly for ten years after passing it on to my sister! The Cmos gave out eventually.

HP has poor support even under warranty. They took hold of my computer , wiped too many things off and damaged the computer. This was with the forced 8.1 upgrade from windows 8. Like I said Microsoft personally told me most of their problems come from HP and cheap hardware. I too owned a compac/HP . It lasted a very long time. They don't make computers like they use to. Back in the day you did not have all the choices you do now when it comes to computer hardware. Most games back in the day played on any computer. We have moved on from that when it comes to gaming. What people think are reliable companies like HP/Dell etc use a lot of cheap hardware. I would never buy from them again. There are much better companies out there that make good computers tough you may never heard of them.

@Dekay owns a custom gaming laptop. I own a gaming laptop and a custom gaming desktop. Custom is the best way to go. You pick out all your own certified hardware and don't have to deal with off the shelf un-certified cheaper hardware.
  • Options
    @chesterbigbird @phoebebebe13 @DeKay

In case you get this problem again! It's going to happen to a lot of people playing Sims4 eventually.

I got a reply from the Microsoft forum so I'm off to try it.

A lot of users are having issue upgrading to the Creators Edition using the Update Assistant, it is reporting system as incompatible, when they are not, it is stalling and sometimes going into an update loop . . .
    Your best option is to download the ISO using the Media Creation Tool and use the ISO to update to the Creators Edition - Click HERE to get the Media Creation Tool (click 'Get Tool Now')
    Start the tool, click 'Create Installation Media for another PC', then when asked click 'Create ISO' instead of create USB Flash drive.
    When the ISO downloads, double click it and start the upgrade by opening Setup.exe
  • Options

In case you get this problem again! It's going to happen to a lot of people playing Sims4 eventually.

A lot of users are having issue upgrading to the Creators Edition using the Update Assistant, it is reporting system as incompatible, when they are not, it is stalling and sometimes going into an update loop . . .
    Your best option is to download the ISO using the Media Creation Tool and use the ISO to update to the Creators Edition - Click HERE to get the Media Creation Tool (click 'Get Tool Now')
    Start the tool, click 'Create Installation Media for another PC', then when asked click 'Create ISO' instead of create USB Flash drive.
    When the ISO downloads, double click it and start the upgrade by opening Setup.exe

That's what Allot of people including myself used to upgrade to windows 10. Windows update always throws tantrums. The ISO may not be a fix for compatability issues though.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    @Mchap353 Im on windows 8.1 . I refused windows 10. My son has windows 10 and I don't like it. It has auto updates and @chesterbigbird can tell you it has it's issues.

If you pay microsoft a yearly fee ( I think $150) they will help you. I would trust them taking over my computer and fix it more than HP any day.

Also laptops are more fragile than a desktop. They can't be upgraded like some desktops. Some laptops can not handle the upgrade on windows.
  • Options
    @phoebebebe13

I wish I'd refused it! I really wanted to try the Game mode though and Microsoft checked and reported my laptop's processors, etc. were capable of installing it. I'm giving up for the present and let the techies hound HP and Microsoft into dealing with it!

Thanks all for the replies.

• Options
    @Mchap353 Microsoft update windows 10 also told me my windows 7 tablet could be upgraded to windows 10. It was not the truth. My hardware was not compatible. I knew that and stopped the update. They did this to a lot of computers that could not handle the update. Allot of people had to revert back to their older OS

Your welcome and good luck on them fixing your issue
  • Options

Thank you. But I think I already have the update installed? Maybe? Hahaa, I don't even know. Windows 10 always updates on its own. I'll remember this if my laptop still has not have the Creator's update.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Apparently right now it's by choice to install the Creator's update. Eventually, it will be automatic and you will know because your browser will be set to default Microsoft Edge. Just an easy way to spot it. We can turn it off when that happens.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Apparently right now it's by choice to install the Creator's update. Eventually, it will be automatic and you will know because your browser will be set to default Microsoft Edge. Just an easy way to spot it. We can turn it off when that happens.

Oh well in that case, I don't have the update yet.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Okay, I got my laptop today! Yay! Haven't installed Sims yet. Wold any of you know whether I have to change some settings or something on the laptop before playing?
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »
    Okay, I got my laptop today! Yay! Haven't installed Sims yet. Wold any of you know whether I have to change some settings or something on the laptop before playing?

You shouldn't need to. When you start the game, you can go see which default settings it picked for you in Game Options for graphics. You might want to change those if you have lag issues, but you probably won't need to.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »

Hello :) It is exciting that you have now got your new laptop! Happy simming on it! :)
  • Options
    http://modthesims.info/t/481768
    You will need to follow that. Its for ts3 but the ame applies to ts4 (just make the profile for ts4 instead.)
    You will also need to enable vertical sync in the Nvidia settings.

i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide