Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does this laptop run Sims 4?

Comments

• Options
    chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »
    https://pood.telia.ee/productInfo/24/sulearvuti-dell-inspiron-15-5000-(5567)/272726556?filter=1339-16807_1352-13953_983-5043
    I think it's this one.

yeah you gotta copy paste it. Just click on the "tehnilised andmed" for the important stuff

Because of the lower resolution 1366 x 768 You might be able to get low/medium settings.
    However it's going to struggle with Most of the Expansions/Packs.
    Ideally you need a quad core cpu for laptop and that i7 is only dual core.
    If your looking for something to play at high settings with expansions then that laptop is not going to do it.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    edited April 2017
    Yeah, I think it will struggle. You could probably get by with laptop mode on so you don't damage the CPU since it's dual core like what chesterbigbird said.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    daisychain08daisychain08 Posts: 31 Member
    I bought a brand new laptop several months ago just to play The Sims because my old laptop wasn't working properly after buying new packs. I went to a website that (I was thought) calculated what I would need on a laptop to run the sims properly. It gave me the specs but it didn't take into account all the stuff packs, expansion packs and such. After I bought The Vampires pack my new laptop lost the ability to save and all my houses and households disappeared. They told me to copy and paste a whole bunch of stuff in the thread(I forgot the program they told me to use) and they told me my laptop wasn't able to run it because it wasn't up to the specs. I prefer laptops cause I travel a lot and take my laptop places with me. What is the best laptop to buy so I can run all the packs, and future packs so I don't buy another laptop that is useless when I buy new packs? Thank you for your time.
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Well, I don't support thread hijacking but what else am I supposed to look out for other than that i7 thing and the quad core cpu? And what resolution?
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member
    I'm looking for laptops as well and I'm looking for these specs(I play games that requires more but maybe its a guideline):
    HQ/MG i7 processor
    8 GB RAM (I'm personally looking for laptops with 16 GB RAM)
    1050 GTX - graphics card (I believe 970m can work but personally get 1050 to be sure that your laptop actually can handle the game)

Well that's pretty much what you can look for, resolution isn't something you really need to be consider about (imho).

For brand of laptop, don't go for HP, Lenovo and those as they generally cant handle sims. HP Omen are overpriced as same as alienware so I recommend either buying MSI or ASUS ROG laptop as they do focus on heavy gaming.

Good luck(:
  • Options
    @WiggleyTuff does that information say that I need the quad core cpu? Like I wanna write the good requirements down and take them to shop and ask for a laptop with those. So I'd like everything, like very important requirements. I don't need the tip toppest laptop but good enough for sims.
  • Options
    WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member
    MQ and HQ stands for quad core processors, RAM is how much things you can have on at the time and windows takes up 2 and the game take up 4 I think which equals to 6 so having 8 is enough for sims. A graphic card that I mentioned is good enough to run the sims with all it possible expansionpacks, game packs and stuff pack but I recommend getting a GTX 1050 since they are better and more powerfull than the 900 series.

If you look for a laptop with the specs I mentioned, youll find a laptop that can handle the sims 4 and prob for a long time too.

@phoebebebe13 might be able to fill in stuff I forgot or something I got wrong, I'm still kinda new to specs(:
  • Options
    topcattopcat Posts: 5 New Member
    I'm having issues trying to play my game.... I cant remember my origin details (have tried all my email addresses!) and when I try and play the game it asks me to put in the code and then says the code is already being used... any ideas how I can find out which account the code will work with?!
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    topcat wrote: »
    I'm having issues trying to play my game.... I cant remember my origin details (have tried all my email addresses!) and when I try and play the game it asks me to put in the code and then says the code is already being used... any ideas how I can find out which account the code will work with?!

You can't add the code again once it's been added - you'll need to recover your Origin details. If you contact EA Help, they can help you with that.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    topcattopcat Posts: 5 New Member

You can't add the code again once it's been added - you'll need to recover your Origin details. If you contact EA Help, they can help you with that.

thank you :)

• Options

what has this got to do with my laptop questions?
  • Options
    DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member

what has this got to do with my laptop questions?

Nothing, really, but you have to take into consideration people can't start their own posts while labeled a new member so they'll piggy-Back other threads to get help. Nothing wrong with it, as long as you are still getting the help you need, which you are.

As such, the specs wiggly posted are what you are looking for. I do agree, stay away from HP, Dell, etc even with those specs as they aren't designed with cooling in mind.
  • Options
    WiggleyTuff does that information say that I need the quad core cpu? Like I wanna write the good requirements down and take them to shop and ask for a laptop with those. So I'd like everything, like very important requirements. I don't need the tip toppest laptop but good enough for sims.

The specs that WiggleyTuff said are good enough. However, I would rather get an 1050ti or 1060 cuz we don't know how much intense the future packs are going to be.

Resolution for most laptops with these specs would be 1920x1080.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2017

okay, smartypantsies :smiley: how's this one? https://www.euronics.ee/t/74216/tahvelarvutid-ja-arvutid/sulearvuti-msi-gl62-6qf/gl62-6qf-635nl click on Spetsifikatsioonid
  • Options

okay, smartypantsies :smiley: how's this one? https://www.euronics.ee/t/74216/tahvelarvutid-ja-arvutid/sulearvuti-msi-gl62-6qf/gl62-6qf-635nl click on Spetsifikatsioonid

That will play the game well. High settings. :)
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    edited April 2017
    omggg. I can afford this one!!! :D I just have to hurry cause that's the...final sell or whatever it's called in ennglish. I'm so excited!!! :D Thanks.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    omggg. I can afford this one!!! :D I just have to hurry cause that's the...final sell or whatever it's called in ennglish. I'm so excited!!! :D Thanks.

Your welcome.
    Enjoy the laptop. ;)
    @DeKay plays with those specs i think.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    edited April 2017

Your welcome.
    Enjoy the laptop. ;)

I almost do except that my processor is an older generation (Mine is the lousy i7-4720HQ. LOL). The one you are gonna have is probably gonna be better. :)
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    DeKay wrote: »

Your welcome.
    Enjoy the laptop. ;)

I almost do except that my processor is an older generation (Mine is the lousy i7-4720HQ. LOL). The one you are gonna have is probably gonna be better. :)

Haha a generation older. You should really get rid of that and upgrade LOL :wink:
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options

Your welcome.
    Enjoy the laptop. ;)

Haha a generation older. You should really get rid of that and upgrade LOL :wink:

I wish I could but I would have to buy a new laptop. Hahaha. One day, I will, when I start working. XD
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2017

Your welcome.
    Enjoy the laptop. ;)

:)

I'm in the process of buying it. But there's a cheaper one... https://www.klick.ee/msi-gl72-i7-8gb-1000gb is it the same or... is it good enough? Just checking.

click on tehnilised andmed. :)
  • Options

Your welcome.
    Enjoy the laptop. ;)

:)

I'm in the process of buying it. But there's a cheaper one... https://www.klick.ee/msi-gl72-i7-8gb-1000gb is it the same or... is it good enough? Just checking.

click on tehnilised andmed. :)

This one is 17 inch the other 15 inch. Both same hardware wise.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    alright, thanks. I dunno which one to get now. Like, I can get a bigger one for cheaper lol
  • Options
    alright, thanks. I dunno which one to get now. Like, I can get a bigger one for cheaper lol

Big one will be heavier so it might not be good for travel just in case you want to bring your laptop out once in a while. And it's harder to find 17" laptop casings. XD At least at my place, it is hard.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options

For me i would go bigger. I hate small screens, But depends on your needs.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide