Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The "Off Topic" section should literally just be a "Forum Games" section.

LyniaSCLyniaSC Posts: 1,021 Member
Because that's exactly what it is.

And no, I'm not saying that nobody posts anything else, but when you look around at what's here it's pretty much just games XD.

Just an observation from your local Captain Obvious.

Comments

• Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    I was going to say there's enough else posted but I looked at the first page and yeah... there's nothing else there.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I once made a suggestion to have a separate forum games section from Off Topic so that the regular OT discussions don't get buried, but the mods didn't take it.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    They really should have though because occasionally there's something else, but it gets moved away from the first page pretty quickly, and then the rest is just games.
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    LyniaSC wrote: »
    They really should have though because occasionally there's something else, but it gets moved away from the first page pretty quickly, and then the rest is just games.

Agreed, even though it seems redundant, having a seperate section for that would prove useful for those not interested in the games which tend to dominate the section.
  • Options
    honeyboomhoneyboom Posts: 243 Member
    on one of the first forums i used they had a games section. pretty good idea.
    "every star may be a sun to someone"-carl sagan
  • Options
    honeyboom wrote: »
    on one of the first forums i used they had a games section. pretty good idea.

Yeah, I've been on other forums where they've done it too, and it does seem to work well. It really helps to keep things more organized.

Also, I've seen people post chats on here that probably would have received more comments, but then everyone was commenting on the games so it got pushed to the bottom and right on off the page. And I get it because I really like playing the games too, but at some point it starts to become unfair to those who try to post other content.
  • Options
    pandabear1836pandabear1836 Posts: 2,269 Member
    I guess you should mention this over on the ideas and feedback section so people can see it! I think it's a good idea!
  • Options
    I guess you should mention this over on the ideas and feedback section so people can see it! I think it's a good idea!

I probably will! :) Originally it wasn't really supposed to be an idea, just an observation more than anything, which is why I posted it here. I didn't realize at the time though that this was something others had thought as well.
  • Options
    snarklessnarkles Posts: 244 Member
    I quite agree! I love playing games as much as the next person, but it'd be nice to see the threads with actual content not get pushed to the bottom. :)
    xSfr2Kh.jpg
  • Options
    KendranaKendrana Posts: 4,072 Member
    Seems like a reasonable idea. Either that or create a section specifically for games.
  • Options
    KandyKandy Posts: 2,008 Member
    Yeah that would be nice! And it would give that section more room to breathe. As others said, all other topics get kinda pushed to the side because games have people constantly replying, so it would be nice if there could be a separate topic for that.
  • Options
    DarkSuperNinjaDarkSuperNinja Posts: 1,204 Member
    Tbh, I feel like a Role-Playing Section is needed to!

I don't mind if other people want to role-play, but recently I've been digging through tons of role-plays just to get to actual posts! xD It'd be nice if they could be split into a separate section somehow! xD
  • Options
    Haids5987Haids5987 Posts: 8,465 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I once made a suggestion to have a separate forum games section from Off Topic so that the regular OT discussions don't get buried, but the mods didn't take it.
    That's interesting. I wonder why? That seems like a perfectly reasonable request, and a clever one too! Maybe if enough of us suggest it, it will be more seriously considered? Because you're right, @LyniaSC. I didn't realize it, but it totally is just more or less a forum games section! :smile:
    signature2.png?ssl=1&w=450
    **Also known as EmeraldCityTaurus***
  • Options
    MangAnimeJeMangAnimeJe Posts: 563 Member
    I do enjoy playing the games here (more than anything else I admit) but yes, I agree it's kind of unfair for the people who post something not related to games and just get buried in the 3rd-4th page. Splitting it up would be great.