Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Lacks Diversity In Music

Comments

• Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    PugLove888 wrote: »
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    @dorcsyful the backyard radio station has kind of a country vibe and I like it
    Like how the real country station needs to be exist, but backyard is like a modern form of country!

I didn't know that the Backyard SP had a country-ish radio station until 2 days ago when I finally bought the Backyard SP in the sale that EA had! B)

Also, the items of the upcoming Eco pack are of a country style, so maybe they might include a Classic Country station?!? :) It is possible because even though Country music doesn't seem to go with an Eco themed pack, neither does laundry and they are still including that! LOL ;)
    Pets! OK
  • Options
    DJraxDJrax Posts: 50 Member
    I haven't really ever been that crazy about the sims soundtrack. The vampire track is kinda cool, I guess.
  • Options
    PugLove888PugLove888 Posts: 674 Member
    DJrax wrote: »
    I haven't really ever been that crazy about the sims soundtrack. The vampire track is kinda cool, I guess.

@DJrax , I do love the background music that came with the Vampires pack! B) But nothing can compare to the complete awesomeness of the background music in TS1! <3<3<3 I also loved the main theme to TS2 and the radio station that played college rock that came with TS2 University EP! <3<3<3 TS3 and TS4 background music isn't as good imo. I never got tired of the music in TS1!
    Home is where your Pugs are! <3
  • Options
    Another radio station is singer songwriter! But with hip hop, I think it'll be in the update patch or something!
  • Options
    Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    Agreed. I'd like genres like rap to come back.
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    MingYangYo wrote: »
    Terra wrote: »
    I get that they don't have some of the genres you want yet, but TS4 base game had more radio stations than any previous game, and they have been steadily building up the radio selection with new stations. I love having Talk Radio, Baroque, New Age, Easy Listening, Jazz, Spop, Backyard... We're getting something a little different, which I like. :) But R&B and Hip-Hop are such popular stations that I'm sure they will be added in. It impresses me that we get new radio stations in stuff packs, and lord knows we have plenty of those, so we've still got plenty of time for the genres you're talking about to be added.

It's not what I want it's that many simmers of different backgrounds were left out. Me and my bff's started playing the Sims 4 together and we are of different colors so we expected some music for us to be in there too. There's no music for us we don't fist pump until the sun comes up. Ts4 base game has the most limited radio stations in the series. It's 2017 where is the diversity that should have been in game since 2014? We have to wait or pay for what makes us feel welcome as many stations are not of our culture. Every song in ts4 is sweet bubble gum like and I'm sick of it. Flavor is needed! Metal will bring that fire ! Ts2 had the best diverse soundtrack shipped, well because they included the good stuff all together first and then added more. You like the music it's your taste it's not mines or anybody else's who's wondering when their genre will appear. The radio stations that are missing are nothing new under the sun and the fact that they left something so simple out lets me know that they're not as welcoming as they appear. Why did my latin sims have to dance to pop -_- and my goth sim sure as heck didn't want to listen to pop.

I'm sorry you feel left out by the musical selection in the game. I have hope that they will add the stations you're asking for though because as I said, they add new radio stations pretty often, and the ones you're asking for are popular genres. They added some of my personal favourites that weren't in the base game (New Age, Baroque, J-Pop) so I hope that soon they add yours in too. :) TS2 did come with great music! I miss the Latin and College Rock stations the most.
  • Options
    Nomiko13 wrote: »
    Agreed. I'd like genres like rap to come back.
    I think Rap will be known as Hip Hop will feature some Rap songs from The Sims House Party, like Perfect Patio Stuff's Country has renamed Backyard and Bowling Night Stuff's Disco has renamed NuDisco.
  • Options
    justdancerebeccajustdancerebecca Posts: 1,334 Member
    edited November 2017
    what?
    you can upload your own...and if i'm correct you can label your own genres
    wr7jm5.png&quot

• Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I mute all the music and sound and only have the voices on soft. Just my preference.

I usually play the game whilst watching the news channels on TV, so that I don't feel too guilty about wasting too much of my time.
  • Options
    MingYangYo wrote: »
    I get that they don't have some of the genres you want yet, but TS4 base game had more radio stations than any previous game, and they have been steadily building up the radio selection with new stations. I love having Talk Radio, Baroque, New Age, Easy Listening, Jazz, Spop, Backyard... We're getting something a little different, which I like. :) But R&B and Hip-Hop are such popular stations that I'm sure they will be added in. It impresses me that we get new radio stations in stuff packs, and lord knows we have plenty of those, so we've still got plenty of time for the genres you're talking about to be added.

It's not what I want it's that many simmers of different backgrounds were left out. Me and my bff's started playing the Sims 4 together and we are of different colors so we expected some music for us to be in there too. There's no music for us we don't fist pump until the sun comes up. Ts4 base game has the most limited radio stations in the series. It's 2017 where is the diversity that should have been in game since 2014? We have to wait or pay for what makes us feel welcome as many stations are not of our culture. Every song in ts4 is sweet bubble gum like and I'm sick of it. Flavor is needed! Metal will bring that fire ! Ts2 had the best diverse soundtrack shipped, well because they included the good stuff all together first and then added more. You like the music it's your taste it's not mines or anybody else's who's wondering when their genre will appear. The radio stations that are missing are nothing new under the sun and the fact that they left something so simple out lets me know that they're not as welcoming as they appear. Why did my latin sims have to dance to pop -_- and my goth sim sure as heck didn't want to listen to pop.

I'm sorry you feel left out by the musical selection in the game. I have hope that they will add the stations you're asking for though because as I said, they add new radio stations pretty often, and the ones you're asking for are popular genres. They added some of my personal favourites that weren't in the base game (New Age, Baroque, J-Pop) so I hope that soon they add yours in too. :) TS2 did come with great music! I miss the Latin and College Rock stations the most.

@Terra , I agree that the Latin and College Rock in TS2 were great! B) Don't even get me started on how much I loooooved the College Rock station I loved all those songs but one, and that one I still liked! :D<3 Glad to find another fan of the TS2 College Rock station! o:)
    As for TS4, I would also like a Rap/Hip Hop station, and a Hard Rock/Heavy Metal station! B)
    I also love the Baroque station! I also really love the World Music Station! <3 (But nothing is as awesome as all the TS1 music and the TS2 College Rock station! <3<3<3
  • Options
    HausOfSuperHausOfSuper Posts: 1,825 Member
    I want a darkwave station again. The Spooky one we have in the game is basically pop with halloween thematic.
    Male. INFP. Virgo.
  • Options
    I want a darkwave station again. The Spooky one we have in the game is basically pop with halloween thematic.

@HausOfSuper , thanks for reminding me! I couldn't think of the name of it, but I knew there was a great station like that that I really loved! <3<3<3
  • Options

@DJrax , I do love the background music that came with the Vampires pack! B) But nothing can compare to the complete awesomeness of the background music in TS1! <3<3<3 I also loved the main theme to TS2 and the radio station that played college rock that came with TS2 University EP! <3<3<3 TS3 and TS4 background music isn't as good imo. I never got tired of the music in TS1!

ts2 soundtrack was my life. I have it muted in TS4. I usually play my own music while I build or play a family
    wr7jm5.png&quot

• Options

ts2 soundtrack was my life. I have it muted in TS4. I usually play my own music while I build or play a family

@justdancerebecca , TS2 as a whole had wonderful music! The main person who composed music for TS2 was Mark Mothersbaugh. B) He's done a ton of stuff but is most known for being part of the 80's New Wave group Devo, whose best known hit was "Whip it!"! <3 Check out his Discography on Wikipedia! He's extremely talented. He also did the music for MySims and MySims Kingdoms (just to name his Sims-related stuff!) <3 I still go around humming the theme music to TS2! <3 (I can't even remember TS3 and TS4's isn't that inspiring.) :/ Chances are you've heard some of his other stuff and didn't even realize it! :D
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited November 2017
    Sims music comes down to nostalgia. I think only Sims 1 music is universally loved because it sounds old fashioned, like it’s from a sitcom in the sixties. Personally I love some of the themes Chris Lennertz did for TS3 Pets. I think they hire talented people for all of the versions. TS3 music wouldn’t have meant that much to me if I hadn’t played and loved the game so much. It runs through my veins and hearing it triggers associations with fun playing. It’s the same with TS2 music, which leaves me rather indifferent because I didn’t play the game that much.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    I've played and still play 2, 3, and 4, and for me TS2 has the most memorable music. Humming it right now. :)
  • Options
    CrmelsimloverCrmelsimlover Posts: 65 Member
    edited November 2017
    I loved Sims 1, 2, and some of 3's music. Sims 1 had a soundtrack from the Superstar pack that gives me life. I still play it in my car and turn it up! There was also a song from Sims 2 Pets, Simantopia, that I always allowed to loop because I loved it so much. I also like how in Sims 1, there were different dances for each station like country had line dancing.

I'd also like to see some chillout/downtempo/trip hop music, but they would probably label that as a sub genre of Electronica. R/B would be nice.
    lKb34rE.png
    A calm sea never made a skillful mariner.

• Options
    MMXMMX Posts: 4,428 Member
    They should add genres like “Rock,” “Techno” and “Drum’n’Bass.” It just doesn’t feel right when your own Drum’n’Bass songs end up in the Alternative genre because you don’t know where to put them.
  • Options

@justdancerebecca , TS2 as a whole had wonderful music! The main person who composed music for TS2 was Mark Mothersbaugh. B) He's done a ton of stuff but is most known for being part of the 80's New Wave group Devo, whose best known hit was "Whip it!"! <3 Check out his Discography on Wikipedia! He's extremely talented. He also did the music for MySims and MySims Kingdoms (just to name his Sims-related stuff!) <3 I still go around humming the theme music to TS2! <3 (I can't even remember TS3 and TS4's isn't that inspiring.) :/ Chances are you've heard some of his other stuff and didn't even realize it! :D

when i did have TS4 music playing, I hardly noticed it. Like I can't recall any of it if someone were to ask :/ but thank you! :) I'll check it out
    wr7jm5.png&quot

• Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I want a darkwave station again.

That is what I want too!
    If I can't have EBM, then darkwave will do.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    I want darkwave and goth music stations!
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • Options
    There really should be a several more stations! I miss R&B, Latin, Metal, Darkwave/Goth, ect. :'( I guess the only problem is that there are sooooo many subgenres of music that it would be impossible to please everyone. :o That said, I think that having more diverse stations is a good way to introduce people to different styles of music. Yes, that is what the internet is for, but sometimes people get too caught up on the words that they can't appreciate the actual music! With the radio stations on The Sims, you can just concentrate on the sound! Case in point, many people might be intimidated by World Music in real life because they want it to be in their language, but with the Sim, it is all in Simlish so no one expects to actually understand it! This can free up the listener to concentrate on how the sounds make you feel! B)

Also, I would really love to have every radio station with every song for every version of the Sims! I would also love to have every theme song and every Buy Mode, Build Mode, screen loading song in every version of the Sims! <3 While I am not as crazy about the music for TS3 and TS4, I would still want to have it. :D
  • Options
    @PugLove888 The Pets themes from Sims 3 I mentioned I found on Spotify. I think you’ll be able to find Sims 2 themes there as well? When you type the composer? (those are build/buy mode themes, not sure about radiostation themes)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    @PugLove888 The Pets themes from Sims 3 I mentioned I found on Spotify. I think you’ll be able to find Sims 2 themes there as well? When you type the composer? (those are build/buy mode themes, not sure about radiostation themes)

@JoAnne65 , thanks for the info! <3 I don't have access to the composers names for TS2 and TS3 songs anymore. I remember a few, but most I forgot. Would I or someone else be able to find the songs without the composers names?
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    @PugLove888 Maybe these pages can be helpful (I remember using this to track down the themes from Pets).

Sims: sims.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_songs_in_The_Sims
    Sims 2: sims.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_songs_in_The_Sims_2
    Sims 3: sims.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_songs_in_The_Sims_3
    Sims 4: sims.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_songs_in_The_Sims_4

(they mention the composers)
    5JZ57S6.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top