Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Lacks Diversity In Music

MingYangYoMingYangYo Posts: 362 Member
This game seems to be behind the times a bit music wise. Where is the metal,r&b,Latin,hip hop,rock and country? It's suppose to be a game for anyone but culturally the music isn't there. It was in the previous games why did you leave out something so simple as music for anyone to enjoy ? Seems like this game only has chill music you listen to at starbucks or something. Why did you leave the other flavors of music out?! I just don't get why they were left behind when different types of people play this game :|
Let me in I got a heart of gold

L2Oe8ie.jpg
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    I would love to hear hip hop in simlish, I didn't really have problem with it since I usually hear it only if one of my sims autonomously turn on the stereo. But they're adding more and more genre to the game. I don't know if they'll add more though.
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
  • Options
    dorcsyfuldorcsyful Posts: 851 Member
    I love country music. Just the other day I wanted to put a few of my favourites into the game and I had to put them into the Pop category. :'(
    P.S.: I think this should be either in the feedback or the ideas corner category.
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited January 2017
    The game has the quite the selection of music already though I do understand wanting more especially giving more common genres more focus but to the game is lacking diversity is an overstatement in my opinion.

Just recently the game added two new genres with City Living being Spop which is Jpop and World which is a variety of cultural musics. It also added new music to Pop and Alternative which they themselves are all quite different but due to there being no real genre of focus in those sections they just get added to those two existing genres in game. Same goes with Get to Work and Get Together, honestly if you listen to the entire selection in both Pop and Alternative it sounds like a broad range of genres all lump together.

A pack the did add a very focused set of music that should of gotten it's own genre was Outdoor Retreat with it's selections sounding very indie folk rock.

As for county they have already added a selection of music that would count as country called Backyard which was added in Perfect Patio.

With the vampire pack on the way we may a new genre similar to ts3 Dark Wave genre.
  • Options
    dorcsyful wrote: »
    I love country music. Just the other day I wanted to put a few of my favourites into the game and I had to put them into the Pop category. :'(
    P.S.: I think this should be either in the feedback or the ideas corner category.

I need some Tim McGraw in this game! I love all types of music but my favorites are missing :/ oh sorry I will move it :#

L2Oe8ie.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    VentusMatt wrote: »
    The game has the quite the selection of music already though I do understand wanting more especially giving more common genres more focus but to the game is lacking diversity is an overstatement in my opinion.

Just recently the game added two new genres with City Living being Spop which is Jpop and World which is a variety of cultural musics. It also added new music to Pop and Alternative which they themselves are all quite different but due to there being no real genre of focus in those sections they just get added to those two existing genres in game. Same goes with Get to Work and Get Together, honestly if you listen to the entire selection in both Pop and Alternative it sounds like a broad range of genres all lump together.

A pack the did add a very focused set of music that should of gotten it's own genre was Outdoor Retreat with it's selections sounding very indie folk rock.

As for county they have already added a selection of music that would count as country called Backyard which was added in Perfect Patio.

With the vampire pack on the way we may a new genre similar to ts3 Dark Wave genre.

Yes but it's too much pop lol pop isn't the only genre people listen to it feels like Coachella! I need metal with some screamers :D we just need options I can't take anymore pop music.I hope to see some darkness come into this game. It actually does lack diversity though like r&b and hip hop was ignored, Metal and rock was ignored and Latin and salsa was ignored. These are huge types of diverse music for diverse people and I feel left out in all of them. I know others do too

L2Oe8ie.jpg
  • Options
    I don't have the option to move this I'm sorry.

L2Oe8ie.jpg
  • Options
    AkramA wrote: »
    I would love to hear hip hop in simlish, I didn't really have problem with it since I usually hear it only if one of my sims autonomously turn on the stereo. But they're adding more and more genre to the game. I don't know if they'll add more though.

Yeah but it should've been in the base game really. The Sims 2 was very thoughtful when targeting crowds with different music we all felt welcome to play the new game.

L2Oe8ie.jpg
  • Options

Well, I'm not giong to pay €10 for an extra radio station.
  • Options
    KnoxhoodKnoxhood Posts: 266 Member
    The game definitely needs a metal station! Even though the game is lacking the station at least they have enabled the ability to add in your own music. I just put in the metal music and post hardcore I like since I get sick of the ridiculous amount of pop music they have in this game.
    EA ID: Knoxhood
    VzZNxCw.gif
    PC Specs: Corsair 760T Black Case, Intel core i7 6700K CPU, Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero Mobo, MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Founders Edition, 64GB DDR4 Geil 2400MHz RAM, 2x 240GB HyperX Savage & Samsung 850 EVO SSDs, 9TB WD Red HDDs, ID-COOLING FrostFlow 240L Red LED CPU cooling,750W PSU.
  • Options
    Knoxhood wrote: »
    The game definitely needs a metal station! Even though the game is lacking the station at least they have enabled the ability to add in your own music. I just put in the metal music and post hardcore I like since I get sick of the ridiculous amount of pop music they have in this game.

Yeah we can add our own but they should be thoughtful about all types of players and exactly I can't take all that pop stuff I'm sick of it I need new types to listen to :( I love the metal station from the Sims 2 those artist were dedicated lol

L2Oe8ie.jpg
  • Options
    dorcsyful wrote: »

Well, I'm not giong to pay €10 for an extra radio station.

I feel the same way. If I have to pay for some hip hop so help me..... They are really milking it this time.

L2Oe8ie.jpg
  • Options
    x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
    Well it depends.

I love my rap/hip hop music, but their choice in music is weird for me.

I remember in TS3 I heard Souljaboy on the radio. And right now I don't like him.
  • Options
    Well it depends.

I love my rap/hip hop music, but their choice in music is weird for me.

I remember in TS3 I heard Souljaboy on the radio. And right now I don't like him.

I know it went down hill but I know some new creators who are going back to the true hip hop. I would recommend Drake or Tory Lanez lol maybe even Bryson tiller. I think they would sound good in simlish and soulja boy in ts3 ?! lol that's hilarious :D

L2Oe8ie.jpg
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    There's a contemporary country radio station in the Backyard Stuff pack.

I'm sure a lot of the rest will come in packs over time. We're only just over 2 years in.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I have always been suspicious of the 'electronica' music from The Sims before. There where some cool 'Rave' tunes from the rave theme in TS1's House Party. TS2 did have some cool 'Techno' tunes yet there where not really Techno in the official sense. Then in TS3 things went the very easy route and where just called 'Electronica' Good tunes though but I would want more variety.

I think that they should start using Hard House more in The Sims. It has a lot of energy but isn't terribly 'in your face' either.

I even made a video recently with some Hard House. If we get more of that in The Sims in the future then im buying! :smiley:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bk5JAiOhiwo
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    papersuitcasepapersuitcase Posts: 838 Member
    We need more country music imho since the backyard station is Taylor Swift type music which just borders on country and pop.

If they added a Farm EP and a real country station that would be so great.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    We need more country music imho since the backyard station is Taylor Swift type music which just borders on country and pop.

If they added a Farm EP and a real country station that would be so great.

100% agree with this :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    Are people complaining about paying for additional stations when historically you had to pay for additional stations? I'm so confused...
    Also they did add an international station and what is essentially Jpop so it's very cultirally diverse.
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • Options
    Are people complaining about paying for additional stations when historically you had to pay for additional stations? I'm so confused...
    Also they did add an international station and what is essentially Jpop so it's very cultirally diverse.

So country wasn't in the TS3 base game? I haven't played only the base game in years. (BTW in my previous post I meant that I would pay to have something country music-like)
  • Options
    xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    I agree with this. We need more modern and old school rock n roll. I'd love to see some punk too, and it bums me out that there's only like 5 electronic songs. We definitely need more music.
  • Options

I'm sure a lot of the rest will come in packs over time. We're only just over 2 years in.

I have to wait so long but I'm gonna have to listen to pop music. That's not how things work. Target people as a whole and don't make them buy whatever makes them fit in. Pop pop pop is all it has and I don't have backyard see how I have to pay for country music but club music is free. I may be 23 but I do not fist pump 365 days a year 24/7.

L2Oe8ie.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2017

And yet SpongeBob still has more to offer with a potato chip,tissue and penny. I should have had metal in September 2014 this game drags stuff out too much. Not cool

L2Oe8ie.jpg
  • Options
    I have always been suspicious of the 'electronica' music from The Sims before. There where some cool 'Rave' tunes from the rave theme in TS1's House Party. TS2 did have some cool 'Techno' tunes yet there where not really Techno in the official sense. Then in TS3 things went the very easy route and where just called 'Electronica' Good tunes though but I would want more variety.

I think that they should start using Hard House more in The Sims. It has a lot of energy but isn't terribly 'in your face' either.

I even made a video recently with some Hard House. If we get more of that in The Sims in the future then im buying! :smiley:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bk5JAiOhiwo

Yes it's even in build and buy mode it's too much!

L2Oe8ie.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2017

Hello :) yes I'm people. Notice that you can make alot of races In the game, okay good , but where is the music that goes with them ? Jpop is like a trend let's not pretend that salsa,r&b and metal is nothing that makes sense. I'm not obsessed with upbeat music I don't care for it all the time. This game needs flavor! Culturally diverse means if I make a black sim they can listen to r&b, If a make a gothic sim they can listen to metal and if I make a Latin sim you guessed it I want them to listen to Latin music. Pop does not over rule everything it all sounds the same :| other backgrounds play this game too geez why leave them out like I said. False the Sims 2 had everything pretty much every choice to choose from and gasp! Even included pop along with the other essentials.

L2Oe8ie.jpg
  • Options
    I agree with this. We need more modern and old school rock n roll. I'd love to see some punk too, and it bums me out that there's only like 5 electronic songs. We definitely need more music.

Yes more music choices basically. I'll take old school rock too !

L2Oe8ie.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top