Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Lacks Diversity In Music

Comments

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    With no hip hop here! Now just a minute! The whole reason I started talking about radio stations is because of them. I felt weak. I-Y-Th-They never listen to me. They just ignore my question during the livestream of Cats & Dogs. And besides, they're not the correctable Sims game maker through the year themselves! See, that's what happens when I have issues with Get Together, City Living, and Cats & Dogs!
    Aww you should have been to one of the console chill live streams. They were talking about Sims music during it and suggestions for it. Don't give up on talking about the Sims. Sorry there was an idle stream that just ended yesterday that went for a couple weeks too. If you have bug issues, make sure to let SimGuruNick, SimGuruArvin, and SimQARobo know about them. They should be back from vacation this week. A hip-hop station would be nice to have. I feel like the Sims 4 is very focused towards hipster and preppy style both with the game and with the music, so I would love to see more suggestion to diversify the game more.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    With no hip hop here! Now just a minute! The whole reason I started talking about radio stations is because of them. I felt weak. I-Y-Th-They never listen to me. They just ignore my question during the livestream of Cats & Dogs. And besides, they're not the correctable Sims game maker through the year themselves! See, that's what happens when I have issues with Get Together, City Living, and Cats & Dogs!
    Aww you should have been to one of the console chill live streams. They were talking about Sims music during it and suggestions for it. Don't give up on talking about the Sims. Sorry there was an idle stream that just ended yesterday that went for a couple weeks too. If you have bug issues, make sure to let SimGuruNick, SimGuruArvin, and SimQARobo know about them. They should be back from vacation this week. A hip-hop station would be nice to have. I feel like the Sims 4 is very focused towards hipster and preppy style both with the game and with the music, so I would love to see more suggestion to diversify the game more.
    Yeah, I don't like to say this, but sometimes we do!
  • simplydawnsimplydawn Posts: 181 Member
    For what it's worth, just putting in my two cents: halfway through year three of The Sims 4 and still no music to represent the African American community. No hip hop, urban contemporary, R&B, rap, soul...nothing. Happy Black History Month.
    CONFIRMED - Latin radio station has been added.
    Sorry for the late post everybody!
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited April 2018
    I love the Latin and Latin pop stations, but I agree there should be more choices out there. I never played TS2 until the UC was offered for free some years ago and I nearly split myself when I heard Scalligwag by Gaelic Storm on one of the radio stations. I was like "REALLY? That's so awesome!". To hear that song and to hear it in simlish blew me away. I loved the Oldies too! Even in TS3 I loved the R & B station, Rock, Disco, and Rockabilly stations, it is just missing from TS4. There really should be more music content to represent the players from all over the globe. I am not a fan of country but I even enjoyed listening to the country artists in TS3 and looked them up to hear what the songs sounded like in English. TS4 music doesn't do that for me. I play music and dance as a hobby in RL and music is a part of my soul. The music in TS4 hasn't captured me like it did in the previous versions. R & B, soul, hip hop, yes, they should all be included. I am a person who appreciates many forms of music, and would love to see more genres available, but who knows what will happen now?
    Finvola wrote: »
    I love the Latin and Latin pop stations, but I agree there should be more choices out there. I never played TS2 until the UC was offered for free some years ago and I nearly split myself when I heard Scalligwag by Gaelic Storm on one of the radio stations. I was like "REALLY? That's so awesome!". To hear that song and to hear it in simlish blew me away. I loved the Oldies too! Even in TS3 I loved the R & B station, Rock, Disco, and Rockabilly stations, it is just missing from TS4. There really should be more music content to represent the players from all over the globe. I am not a fan of country but I even enjoyed listening to the country artists in TS3 and looked them up to hear what the songs sounded like in English. TS4 music doesn't do that for me. I play music and dance as a hobby in RL and music is a part of my soul. The music in TS4 hasn't captured me like it did in the previous versions. R & B, soul, hip hop, yes, they should all be included. I am a person who appreciates many forms of music, and would love to see more genres available, but who knows what will happen now?
    Ah ha, there you go! After Latin radio station was added, next could be hip hop and R&B.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    It's pretty shocking that there's still no hip hop and R&B! While I loved the radio stations added for City Living, it was a missed opportunity not to add at least one of these genres.
    Terra wrote: »
    It's pretty shocking that there's still no hip hop and R&B! While I loved the radio stations added for City Living, it was a missed opportunity not to add at least one of these genres.
    That's what happens! Like the SimGurus didn't listen to me!
  • JaysimsJaysims Posts: 209 Member
    MingYangYo wrote: »
    This game seems to be behind the times a bit music wise. Where is the metal,r&b,Latin,hip hop,rock and country?

YES!

Sims 2 had the best rap and hip hop music lol I would play that station ALL the time! :D

Bring Rap and Hip Hop back at least.

Jaysims wrote: »
    MingYangYo wrote: »
    This game seems to be behind the times a bit music wise. Where is the metal,r&b,Latin,hip hop,rock and country?

YES!

Sims 2 had the best rap and hip hop music lol I would play that station ALL the time! :D

Bring Rap and Hip Hop back at least.
    Yup! They would have to, unless Grant made me have anger issues from me hearing him saying "Not Hip Hop, it's Singer-Songwriter"
    Somebody went?
    Summer Strut has been added.
  • SuRihtanilSuRihtanil Posts: 1,456 Member
    I wish they would add the band thing back to the game. Also would be interesting if you could become a music teacher and give piano or guitar etc. lessons at your house to other sims for money.
    SuRihtanil wrote: »
    I wish they would add the band thing back to the game. Also would be interesting if you could become a music teacher and give piano or guitar etc. lessons at your house to other sims for money.
    Singers! When City Living didn't add a career along my favorite music.
  • Sim_Man17Sim_Man17 Posts: 173 Member
    I would like to see them tackle Big Band Music and/or Swing. Perhaps even Psychedelic Rock and Folk Music.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Sim_Man17 wrote: »
    I would like to see them tackle Big Band Music and/or Swing. Perhaps even Psychedelic Rock and Folk Music.

oooh, interesting taste.

I'm dying for Darkwave to return. Though now you've got me thinking that psychedelic rock could be an interesting addition.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Add this to the list of things every sims game has done better than TS4. Seriously, TS2 music was so beautiful.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Add this to the list of things every sims game has done better than TS4. Seriously, TS2 music was so beautiful.

I enjoyed the music in TS2, I enjoyed the music in TS3
    The music in TS4 doesn't make me want to listen to it.

My favourite build mode music:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2uvsyVp_6E

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
    I'm seriously keep on waiting all day long
  • SimChessackSimChessack Posts: 182 Member
    edited August 2018
    Movotti wrote: »

I miss the TS3 main theme... sometimes a DJ will play it at a nightclub but I miss having it at the loading screen when the game fires up.

This is the one I mean:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZ3SmVpFSLQ

Here we go
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

I miss the TS3 main theme... sometimes a DJ will play it at a nightclub but I miss having it at the loading screen when the game fires up.

This is the one I mean:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZ3SmVpFSLQ

If your Sim has level 10 Handiness you can upgrade stereos to add the Retro station and get a lot of the music from Sims 1-3. One of my favorite upgrades. :)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • PugLove888PugLove888 Posts: 674 Member
    Sim_Man17 wrote: »

oooh, interesting taste.

I'm dying for Darkwave to return. Though now you've got me thinking that psychedelic rock could be an interesting addition.

Yes! Big Band/Swing, Hip Hop/Rap, Psychedilic Rock (or any hard Rock), would all be fantastic, but I really want Darkwave back! <3 (Well that and the college music station from TS2's University! It was wonderful! B) )
    Home is where your Pugs are! <3
    Who’s ready for waiting on those radio stations for Get Famous?
  • violaineTviolaineT Posts: 48 Member
    It's a very interesting post because there are no technical issues in that. Just a miss.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top