Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Be prepared

Hey guys,

Be prepared. Seasons will have loading screens when changing. Winter to spring? Sure let's load the snow away. Pets will have loading screens when sniffing the next door dogs' plum. Wanna go to the university? Sure. No roster or classes, vanish you go. Cars? They won't even walk to the street anymore. If we ever get cars they'd just sit on the parking lot and teleport somewhere. We are all having extreme high hopes. Yes, that's me included. The Sims defines my childhood. I've started playing the Sims 1 when I was very young. It pains me to see the developments. I was so hyped for TS2 that I had to whine until my parents' ears fell off because, my Sims could grow up! In 3D! When TS3 came out I already made my own money and played that game until deep in the nights. The open world gave me endless possibilities. I loved switching families and seeing how the automatic stories unfolded. When the Sims 4 came out, I was hyped. The first three parts were so good and I was never disappointed. But that moment the game booted up, and I was greeted with a disappointing map, I was torn. The game I grew up with changed forever.

I had extreme high hopes. For two years that is. Then I discovered the Sims 4 forum. The first ever forum I "actively" participated in. I was actually shocked by the amount of people who are actually trying to change the game for the good. People who feel just like me and want to work with the developers to change the game into the game we always wanted.

They did not listen.

They say they care. And I know they do up to some point. We are the ones filling their wallets. We are giving large amount of feedback, but the development of the game is so slow and a lot is just not happening. I never knew the devs had tight schedules when it comes to teasers and patches. Let them go. Listen to your community. We are the people that play the game. We are the people that love your Sims. Your pride. We want to make it all better, together. If you just please listen to us.

Please. Before you make anything else communicate with us. Yes, you did ask which kind of packs we like. But the execution is all yours. There is no community influence at all it seems. We say A, you create Z. Have t you learned anything in the past 2 years?

In the meantime I'm stuck between two games. In TS3 I miss features of TS4, and in TS4 it's the other way around. I'm pretty much still into the Sims. But I just don't know what the right Sims is anymore.
Sorry for any grammar or other mistakes. English is not my native language. :)

Comments

• Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    The title of your post reminded me of this:
    http://youtu.be/Dmt45BF5SOM

I totally had Scar's voice in my head reading your post. I agree though. The frequent loading screens are one of my major killers to this game.
    :(
  • Options
    Bashsync2015Bashsync2015 Posts: 228 Member
    I highly seasons will need loading screens
  • Options
    pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    I was going to say that we should all be prepared for seasons to be tied to only a couple of specific new worlds. Like it was mentioned in the surveys. I didn't think they could possibly do that to us, but now I believe that they will.
  • Options
    JRBearJRBear Posts: 190 Member
    pixiejuice wrote: »
    I was going to say that we should all be prepared for seasons to be tied to only a couple of specific new worlds. Like it was mentioned in the surveys. I didn't think they could possibly do that to us, but now I believe that they will.

If done well, a vacation world to something like the Alps with skiing and snowboarding could be cool... But that does leave things lacking for those that used seasons for passage of time
  • Options
    and yet you, and everybody else who claims to hate this game, are still going to buy it and love it
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I am sorry that you are disapointed :(

I agree though, these loading screens are not wanted.m

What next, a loading screen between rooms in an active household?

:disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    edited September 2016
    and yet you, and everybody else who claims to hate this game, are still going to buy it and love it

You know what...you're right. And you beat me to it. I was just about to say it's time for people (myself included. Granted, I've never said I hated this game) to put their money where their mouths are. So challenge accepted. The ones here who were so vocal about their dissatisfaction with this pack (myself included), don't buy it. That's why Maxis gets away with this plum. No matter how many times we b****, most of us end up buying anyway. So let's go ahead and stop it already.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Aquarius94 wrote: »

You know what...you're right. And you beat me to it. I was just about to say it's time for people (myself included) to put their money where their mouths are. So challenge accepted. The ones here who were so vocal about their dissatisfaction with this pack (myself included), don't buy it.

sounds like a plan to me. :o
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Yeah, that'll happen (or not happen as the case may be).
  • Options
    djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 641 Member
    This must stop. The product developers are the authority over their own intellectual property and they're not obligated to produce what is demanded by any specific community. They've offered us the privilege of product news, regular updates, and interactions from their teams, and it's unbelievable that they've tolerated the fraudulent arguments and condescension from non-professionals who have no comprehension of what goes on in professional offices.

There is a well-defined limit to customer privilege and the behavior within this community has gone very far beyond. This is a good example of what has been referred to as toxic, and if this persists, you'll soon have no forums.

OMG! I could not agree with this comment more. In fact, I could not begin to type as fast as my mind was racing with thought. So let me just chime in on your thoughts here.

For every item of clothing that a consumer purchases, the designers do not seek the opinions of each and every person they anticipated would purchase them. They design what they think is great. The consumer buys or does not buy. Period.

For every vehicle which Ford, Chrysler, and the many others automakers put into production, none are based off of the sought out opinions, wants and want not(s) of the anticipated drivers. The build it, put it into production and guess what? The consumer buys or does not buy. Period.

For every album that an artist belts out, I do not believe they seek out every single anticipated consumer and ask "what lyrics should or should I not add?" You know what happens, you guessed it, they sing it, sell it, and oh well, to those who surely will not like it or will not buy it. Period.

Now. How many games exist, for which the developers seek the wants and the want not(s), of every anticipated player are there in production today today? 0.

Why? Because if they asked each and every expected consumer what they wanted, or did not want, nothing would ever get developed because there is no way to give every person the ability to have it their way and still develop a game. Every single consumer would require something different be added or not added. Nothing would every get developed. In Fact, the only way to have something (in this case a game), specifically tailored to your every want is to do it yourself, or have someone develop it specifically for YOU. You will never get this from something that is designed, produced, made, or created for the masses. Period.

Point #1.
    The bottom line is, the Sims 4 belongs to EA. They design it for the masses. They hope that the masses will buy it. They hope that the masses will enjoy it. They also understand they are not going get the approval of the masses, nor the cash of the masses. But they also know they have the freedom and the power to keep developing their product for the masses, because enough people will purchase it. This is evident by the fact that we are currently in the 4th iteration of the Sims. Not only that, contrary to popular belief, some people love the sims and will continue to purchase them for a lifetime even. Let's face it. Currently, there is not even close to being another competitor on the market to offer us this type of simulation game.

Point #2.
    I never understand why people, (in this case, angry simmers), don't seem to understand that you have power, and for as much as you have freedom of speech to voice your dislike of a product that was designed not with just you in mind, but for the masses, you also have the power to purchase or not purchase the game. This actually takes less energy and speaks with tons more volume about how you feel about this EP/Game.

Point #3.
    Understand this very simple point. Even the negative "I hate the Sims" The Sims Sucks" The Sims bla bla bla" posts that circulate all over, be it here, You Tube, and other sims fan bashing sites, blogs, or wherever, is indeed PROMOTION for EA/The Sims. Believe it or not, some people who play today, never even knew about the game, and have ultimately purchased it, and are playing it because they read one of these negative post and decided to try it for themselves.

Even negative publicity is Publicity all the same as far as business is concerned. If it peaks even one new potential consumers interest, business are like "Keep the publicity coming."

As a Sims player since the winding down of sims 1era, who has never seen a Sims iteration as great as Sims 2, I admit I do indeed play with Sims 4. There are Many Many aspects that I do not like. But believe me, when I feel that EA/The Sims games can no longer give me anything that keeps me spending and playing they will know the depth of my disapproval with the silence of my voice and the absence of my presence, and certainly the withdrawal of my hard earned funds.

Just sayin :)

Ps. Did we get Seasons already and somebody forgot to tell me? Well, it sure feels pretty plum cold around the forums these days.
  • Options
    PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    I complained about loading screens when Sims 4 was first released. It's now two years later. I got over it. Not sure why the O.P. thought the loading screen thing would magically change with this expansion.

The good news is, they did say that there wouldn't be any loading screens when your Sims went from his apartment to the street, only between apartments.
  • Options
    djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 641 Member
    Taquanda wrote: »
    Hey guys,

They did not listen.

They say they care. And I know they do up to some point. We are the ones filling their wallets. We are giving large amount of feedback, but the development of the game is so slow and a lot is just not happening. I never knew the devs had tight schedules when it comes to teasers and patches. Let them go. Listen to your community. We are the people that play the game. We are the people that love your Sims. Your pride. We want to make it all better, together. If you just please listen to us.

I am betting that even EA knows in today's world, very rarely can people make up their minds and stick to that choice. Today, peoples wants change like the wind. "Oh Ea, today we'd like A, B and C...but understand that after you give them to us, we are going to say we actually would rather have the X,Y and Z" :/
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited September 2016

^ THIS

But on another note, I think we as simmers have to realize that we can't have everything, we just can't. Some might want X, Y&Z, some might want A,B&C, others might want E,F&G. We can't have it all which is where the team has to come up with some way to please both sides by giving us X, A & E. That way across the board everyone gets something.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    KidVicious359KidVicious359 Posts: 841 Member

Nope, not me. I haven't bought a sims related game since TS3.
    zv7sly.jpg
    Twitch.tv/MirPanda33 .... Etsy.com/shop/MHillCrafts ... Come say hi!
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    edited September 2016
    meeoun wrote: »
    The title of your post reminded me of this:
    http://youtu.be/Dmt45BF5SOM

I totally had Scar's voice in my head reading your post. I agree though. The frequent loading screens are one of my major killers to this game.
    :(

Jeremy Irons rules and owns any role he plays!!!!!!

I do have to admit that loading screens are annoying but in TS3 unless you had powerful enough computer, it was like you still had loading screens. My desktop could hardly hold TS3 along with all of the EP and SP. My laptop I haven't had any issues.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    edited September 2016
    aprilrose wrote: »

^ THIS

But on another note, I think we as simmers have to realize that we can't have everything, we just can't. Some might want X, Y&Z, some might want A,B&C, others might want E,F&G. We can't have it all which is where the team has to come up with some way to please both sides by giving us X, A & E. That way across the board everyone gets something.

Nobody's really asking for everything, so much as we're asking for things that we know they're capable of doing...because they've done it before. This is the second time they've re-introduced Apartments and it's the second time it ended up with more restrictions than a game from over 10 years ago. What happened to all that talk of their current engine being vastly superior to the last one? Why does every new restriction with this game always either go back to them just not wanting to implement it or it being too hard to do with the new engine?

TS2 styled apartments is one of those things people have been clamoring for ever since this game came out. And all we've been met with is the usual "we hear you" and "we're listening" while they proceed to show that they didn't hear us and they aren't listening. Instead, we've wound up with updated TS3 apartments...except I wouldn't even really call it updated since you could still build apartments in TS3 and they weren't restricted to one neighborhood.
  • Options
    ravamaileravamaile Posts: 168 Member
    aprilrose wrote: »

^ THIS

Let me correct it. Some want XYZ, some ABC. What we get is a limited A and some food + parties.

If people were not interested in what we were making we wouldn't continue what we are making. Our data shows us differently. (c) - @SimGuruDrake (LINK)
    Complexity is our enemy when building The Sims, so we look for any opportunity to keep it down. (c) - @SimGuruMax (LINK)
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    This must stop. The product developers are the authority over their own intellectual property and they're not obligated to produce what is demanded by any specific community. They've offered us the privilege of product news, regular updates, and interactions from their teams, and it's unbelievable that they've tolerated the fraudulent arguments and condescension from non-professionals who have no comprehension of what goes on in professional offices.

There is a well-defined limit to customer privilege and the behavior within this community has gone very far beyond. This is a good example of what has been referred to as toxic, and if this persists, you'll soon have no forums.

OMG! I could not agree with this comment more. In fact, I could not begin to type as fast as my mind was racing with thought. So let me just chime in on your thoughts here.

For every item of clothing that a consumer purchases, the designers do not seek the opinions of each and every person they anticipated would purchase them. They design what they think is great. The consumer buys or does not buy. Period.

For every vehicle which Ford, Chrysler, and the many others automakers put into production, none are based off of the sought out opinions, wants and want not(s) of the anticipated drivers. The build it, put it into production and guess what? The consumer buys or does not buy. Period.

For every album that an artist belts out, I do not believe they seek out every single anticipated consumer and ask "what lyrics should or should I not add?" You know what happens, you guessed it, they sing it, sell it, and oh well, to those who surely will not like it or will not buy it. Period.

Now. How many games exist, for which the developers seek the wants and the want not(s), of every anticipated player are there in production today today? 0.

Why? Because if they asked each and every expected consumer what they wanted, or did not want, nothing would ever get developed because there is no way to give every person the ability to have it their way and still develop a game. Every single consumer would require something different be added or not added. Nothing would every get developed. In Fact, the only way to have something (in this case a game), specifically tailored to your every want is to do it yourself, or have someone develop it specifically for YOU. You will never get this from something that is designed, produced, made, or created for the masses. Period.

Point #1.
    The bottom line is, the Sims 4 belongs to EA. They design it for the masses. They hope that the masses will buy it. They hope that the masses will enjoy it. They also understand they are not going get the approval of the masses, nor the cash of the masses. But they also know they have the freedom and the power to keep developing their product for the masses, because enough people will purchase it. This is evident by the fact that we are currently in the 4th iteration of the Sims. Not only that, contrary to popular belief, some people love the sims and will continue to purchase them for a lifetime even. Let's face it. Currently, there is not even close to being another competitor on the market to offer us this type of simulation game.

Point #2.
    I never understand why people, (in this case, angry simmers), don't seem to understand that you have power, and for as much as you have freedom of speech to voice your dislike of a product that was designed not with just you in mind, but for the masses, you also have the power to purchase or not purchase the game. This actually takes less energy and speaks with tons more volume about how you feel about this EP/Game.

Point #3.
    Understand this very simple point. Even the negative "I hate the Sims" The Sims plum" The Sims bla bla bla" posts that circulate all over, be it here, You Tube, and other sims fan bashing sites, blogs, or wherever, is indeed PROMOTION for EA/The Sims. Believe it or not, some people who play today, never even knew about the game, and have ultimately purchased it, and are playing it because they read one of these negative post and decided to try it for themselves.

Even negative publicity is Publicity all the same as far as business is concerned. If it peaks even one new potential consumers interest, business are like "Keep the publicity coming."

As a Sims player since the winding down of sims 1era, who has never seen a Sims iteration as great as Sims 2, I admit I do indeed play with Sims 4. There are Many Many aspects that I do not like. But believe me, when I feel that EA/The Sims games can no longer give me anything that keeps me spending and playing they will know the depth of my disapproval with the silence of my voice and the absence of my presence, and certainly the withdrawal of my hard earned funds.

Just sayin :)

Ps. Did we get Seasons already and somebody forgot to tell me? Well, it sure feels pretty plum cold around the forums these days.

I think I like this well thought out, much less condescending response much better, actually, than the post that inspired it. Very good post, very intelligent thoughts. While I am not very happy with the state of what we have seen with the EP, I recognize that is just me. Some will agree, and some will not. there is literally nothing in your entire post that I can dispute or take issue with. Even if a part of me wishes otherwise. :) So again, awesome post.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

I really need a disagree button. Big time.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

After discovering the real problem here, I wish that I had the Chief Executive's email address. Regardless of methodology, this is entirely ridiculous (and counter-productive).
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

After discovering the real problem here, I wish that I had the Chief Executive's email address. Regardless of methodology, this is entirely ridiculous (and counter-productive).

Disagree.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    ravamaileravamaile Posts: 168 Member
    They've offered us the privilege of product news, regular updates, and interactions from their teams.

Is it you, SimGuruDrake? :)

It's not a privilege. News, updates and engagement with players are their promoting strategy. No news or updates - sooner or later players are going to forget about this game and move on. Engagement - personally I think they enjoy it. They can post any random silly picture on their simguru twitter accounts and everyone will like it, share it and be excited about it. That is why one of the simgurus (don't remember exactly who) once said that they are surprised to see complaints about the game as they have so many likes on Facebook.
    If people were not interested in what we were making we wouldn't continue what we are making. Our data shows us differently. (c) - @SimGuruDrake (LINK)
    Complexity is our enemy when building The Sims, so we look for any opportunity to keep it down. (c) - @SimGuruMax (LINK)