Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Be prepared

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    auramarisauramaris Posts: 154 Member
    I was only pointing out that the developers have chosen offer a product out of the goodness of their hearts, not because someone had offered them money, and it's obvious that they must earn additional money to further their operations.
    tumblr_inline_ms48iadcn81qz4rgp.gif
    Sorry I couldn't help myself.

• Options
    Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member
    auramaris wrote: »
    I was only pointing out that the developers have chosen offer a product out of the goodness of their hearts, not because someone had offered them money, and it's obvious that they must earn additional money to further their operations.
    <Image Removed>
    ...as ridiculous as that may sound, American engineers and entertainers are not inspired by revenue potential. American entertainment is about intellectual achievement, and we want to see those achievements reflected within the content of their product.
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • Options
    <Image Removed>
    ...as ridiculous as that may sound, American engineers and entertainers are not inspired by revenue potential. American entertainment is about intellectual achievement, and we want to see those achievements reflected within the content of their product.

Wow it's a nice utopian world you're living in over there. What part of taking steps backwards with each installment of a game is intellectual achievement exactly?
  • Options
    Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member
    <Image Removed>

Wow it's a nice utopian world you're living in over there. What part of taking steps backwards with each installment of a game is intellectual achievement exactly?

I don't see that happening, and I don't see how that would be relevant to the thread owner's argument:
    Taquanda wrote: »
    I had extreme high hopes. For two years that is. Then I discovered the Sims 4 forum. The first ever forum I "actively" participated in. I was actually shocked by the amount of people who are actually trying to change the game for the good. People who feel just like me and want to work with the developers to change the game into the game we always wanted.

They did not listen.

They say they care. And I know they do up to some point. We are the ones filling their wallets. We are giving large amount of feedback, but the development of the game is so slow and a lot is just not happening. I never knew the devs had tight schedules when it comes to teasers and patches. Let them go. Listen to your community. We are the people that play the game. We are the people that love your Sims. Your pride. We want to make it all better, together. If you just please listen to us.

Please. Before you make anything else communicate with us. Yes, you did ask which kind of packs we like. But the execution is all yours. There is no community influence at all it seems. We say A, you create Z. Have t you learned anything in the past 2 years?

"Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • Options
    NeverSeemsToEndNeverSeemsToEnd Posts: 292 Member
    Hey guys,

Be prepared. Seasons will have loading screens when changing. Winter to spring? Sure let's load the snow away. Pets will have loading screens when sniffing the next door dogs' plum. Wanna go to the university? Sure. No roster or classes, vanish you go. Cars? They won't even walk to the street anymore. If we ever get cars they'd just sit on the parking lot and teleport somewhere. We are all having extreme high hopes. Yes, that's me included. The Sims defines my childhood. I've started playing the Sims 1 when I was very young. It pains me to see the developments. I was so hyped for TS2 that I had to whine until my parents' ears fell off because, my Sims could grow up! In 3D! When TS3 came out I already made my own money and played that game until deep in the nights. The open world gave me endless possibilities. I loved switching families and seeing how the automatic stories unfolded. When the Sims 4 came out, I was hyped. The first three parts were so good and I was never disappointed. But that moment the game booted up, and I was greeted with a disappointing map, I was torn. The game I grew up with changed forever.

I had extreme high hopes. For two years that is. Then I discovered the Sims 4 forum. The first ever forum I "actively" participated in. I was actually shocked by the amount of people who are actually trying to change the game for the good. People who feel just like me and want to work with the developers to change the game into the game we always wanted.

They did not listen.

They say they care. And I know they do up to some point. We are the ones filling their wallets. We are giving large amount of feedback, but the development of the game is so slow and a lot is just not happening. I never knew the devs had tight schedules when it comes to teasers and patches. Let them go. Listen to your community. We are the people that play the game. We are the people that love your Sims. Your pride. We want to make it all better, together. If you just please listen to us.

Please. Before you make anything else communicate with us. Yes, you did ask which kind of packs we like. But the execution is all yours. There is no community influence at all it seems. We say A, you create Z. Have t you learned anything in the past 2 years?

In the meantime I'm stuck between two games. In TS3 I miss features of TS4, and in TS4 it's the other way around. I'm pretty much still into the Sims. But I just don't know what the right Sims is anymore.

The problem in my opinion is not the development team, the problem are the people like producers, directors and 🐸🐸🐸🐸 like that, that don't understand nothing about making a good video game, and the time it needs to be a really good game, they only think in schedules and of course money, in my point of view i think that someone must be making really bad choices in this game, some boss that don't understand nothing about this game. I hate that kind of people that because they are the boss nothing else mather, any opinion against "his" idea are not valid. I like the new expanion pack, but i think that are features they should include and one more time they didn't listen to us.
    Origin ID: NeverSeemsToEnd
  • Options
    Misa_wants_PepsiMisa_wants_Pepsi Posts: 229 Member
    Aquarius94 wrote: »
    and yet you, and everybody else who claims to hate this game, are still going to buy it and love it

You know what...you're right. And you beat me to it. I was just about to say it's time for people (myself included. Granted, I've never said I hated this game) to put their money where their mouths are. So challenge accepted. The ones here who were so vocal about their dissatisfaction with this pack (myself included), don't buy it. That's why Maxis gets away with this plum. No matter how many times we b****, most of us end up buying anyway. So let's go ahead and stop it already.

This. I haven't bought a single stuff pack because they don't offer what i want. You vote with your wallet, as they say. If something in the pack doesn't appeal to you, don't buy it. People have a right to complain if they feel ripped off, but let's not forget a few things:
    A. EA is a business
    B. best way to get across to a business is their bottom line.
  • Options
    I don't see that happening, and I don't see how that would be relevant to the thread owner's argument:
    It sounds like they aren't happy with the game and don't feel like the devs are listening and trying to create a great game so it's perfectly relevant to me?

In TS3 I miss features of TS4, and in TS4 it's the other way around. I'm pretty much still into the Sims. But I just don't know what the right Sims is anymore.

This is how a lot of people feel like and is also the proof that they're not trying to achieve anything intellectually, they're not adding new and functional features on top of previous games. They're trying so hard to come up with new stuff that the basic functions can't even make it into the game. The game should be advancing with most of the previous features involved so we wouldn't even think about going back to other iterations of it.

It's nice they're trying out new things but we shouldn't have to sacrifice other features which had been in the game for a long time for it.
    Now that would actually be an intellectual achievement.