Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Be prepared

Comments

• Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Aquarius94 wrote: »
    and yet you, and everybody else who claims to hate this game, are still going to buy it and love it

You know what...you're right. And you beat me to it. I was just about to say it's time for people (myself included. Granted, I've never said I hated this game) to put their money where their mouths are. So challenge accepted. The ones here who were so vocal about their dissatisfaction with this pack (myself included), don't buy it. That's why Maxis gets away with this plum. No matter how many times we b****, most of us end up buying anyway. So let's go ahead and stop it already.

Still going strong, haven't bought a single thing yet
    giphy.gif

• Options
    XMachiaXXMachiaX Posts: 122 Member
    I don't think they will do Seasons like in the other TS games o.o I personally think it will always be summer in the Worlds, but they will add a Winter Location like Granit Falls.
  • Options
    SapientsimsolidSapientsimsolid Posts: 3,169 Member
    auramaris wrote: »
    Oh if that's the case it explains why they aren't even trying to make decent packs with actual content anymore.
    I see plenty of decent packs with actual content and a long list of works in progress.

Imagine yourself in their place... persistently flooded with negative feedback regarding a product which you've once poured your heart into while having no professional reason to further its production other than 'doing your job' and 'earning money' as you describe. After personally earning millions, would you really care to tolerate the kind of abuse which you've witnessed throughout these forums? Especially after having achieved the social and intellectual status which are required for anyone to even consider creation of an entertainment product such as The Sims?

The Sims is a product of love, and those who receive only abuse in response to their expressions of love will eventually determine that there is no valid reason to continue sharing their perspective with a spiteful audience. Maybe I'm a bit over-sensitive, however, I can see in recent presentations that the Gurus have become 'less-joyous' about current developments and it's painful to see after so many years of delightful surprises from their team.

Did you help make the game ? Sounds like you're taking the criticisms personally.

"The Sims is a product of love" who were they "loving" when they made this installment on the series ?
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    meeoun wrote: »
    The title of your post reminded me of this:
    http://youtu.be/Dmt45BF5SOM

I totally had Scar's voice in my head reading your post. I agree though. The frequent loading screens are one of my major killers to this game.
    :(
    Scar is probably my favorite Disney character ever! :love: (I'm a sick human-being, I know)
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @faytheful Well said! :smiley:

*bows down*
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Omri147 wrote: »

I totally had Scar's voice in my head reading your post. I agree though. The frequent loading screens are one of my major killers to this game.
    Scar is probably my favorite Disney character ever! :love: (I'm a sick human-being, I know)

Yeah Scar was a good villian yet does anyone know why he has. British accent while his brother Mufasa sounds African? Was that the 'weirder stories' of Disney? ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    Omri147 wrote: »

Yeah Scar was a good villian yet does anyone know why he has. British accent while his brother Mufasa sounds African? Was that the 'weirder stories' of Disney? ;)

I watched Lion King (A LOT) as a kid in my native language where Scar has this deep voice which I loved, especially in this song. :)
  • Options
    SapientsimsolidSapientsimsolid Posts: 3,169 Member
    @faytheful Well said! :smiley:

*bows down*

lol you're funny
  • Options
    Wildley CuriousWildley Curious Posts: 5,349 Member
    ravamaile wrote: »
    They've offered us the privilege of product news, regular updates, and interactions from their teams.

Is it you, SimGuruDrake? :)

It's not a privilege. News, updates and engagement with players are their promoting strategy. No news or updates - sooner or later players are going to forget about this game and move on. Engagement - personally I think they enjoy it. They can post any random silly picture on their simguru twitter accounts and everyone will like it, share it and be excited about it. That is why one of the simgurus (don't remember exactly who) once said that they are surprised to see complaints about the game as they have so many likes on Facebook.

They're not obligated to offer you a product. Business is not a public duty.

Business is also not an exercise in ego-driven self-satisfaction. Sooner or later you need to listen to your customers or you won't be in business.

“I was so sure that I knew what they needed and what I wanted to sell them that I never stopped long enough to find out what it was they wanted to buy.”
    ― Chris Murray, The Extremely Successful Salesman's Club
  • Options
    Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member
    edited September 2016
    faytheful wrote: »
    Giving my money away is a privilege to the person or company that gets it too. If the product doesn't meet my expectations they shouldn't have the privilege of spending my money anymore.
    Then leave your money in your wallet and stop visiting their community. Attacking the developers with invalid logic won't motivate them to add the features that you're demanding.
    How dare you say they've given us a privilege of news. Its a product just like any other product & consumers have never demanded
    suppliers provide news for their products.
    Fraudulent arguments and condescension from non professionals, that statement/ phrase is condescending in itself.
    They've already sold you a complete and functional product. They're not obligated to provide forums, live updates, sessions with Gurus, automatic product recovery options, live license management, weekly news and free content, or the opportunity to abuse them through their own communications network.
    Fraudulent arguments ? A consumer says they don't like a product is not fraudulent (involving deception) that is how they really feel.
    When you state that a product is technologically inferior, then argue that you don't need to know anything about technology to appreciate the product, your argument becomes fraudulent and you should expect legal punishment for any resultant damages.
    condescension from non professionals ? Saying how you feel about a product as a consumer is not condescension (meaning they feel superior or a statement of disdain) it is simple how they feel.
    • "The devs are finally doing better but this is still plum"
    • "Good job devs, you're finally listening to us"
    • "If you fix your broken engine I'll open my wallet"
    Those are clearly condescending statements, and there is no evidence in support of the related arguments - there are so many examples throughout the history of this forum that I'm not even going to bother with lists.
    "Who have no comprehension of what goes on in professional offices" now that is a condescending statement !
    That's a counter-argument which I've substantiated. (once again in this thread even!)
    "You have no idea what people know, where they've been, who they've worked for, so you don't know what level of comprehension they have or don't have.
    I can see it clearly at this point (with the exception of 'who they work for').
    A little less trying to shut people up and a little more letting people voice their thoughts, opinions please. That is what this forum is for.
    Again, I'm just countering the false arguments which are causing collapse of the community, not attempting to 'shut anyone up'.
    Did you help make the game ? Sounds like you're taking the criticisms personally.

"The Sims is a product of love" who were they "loving" when they made this installment on the series ?
    Maybe it's time for you to reciprocate the love rather than attacking them and calling their work 'plum' ?
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    I like how when we have our own "negative" opinion we bring everyone down and make them sad, yet they all say things like "you'll buy it anyway, the sims 4 is the best, stop whining".

Some make good points though, that we'll buy it anyway and that comment made me realise i'm just not going to buy. That's my privilege to them.

I'd rather keep up with news from Stardew Valley, this person loves sharing everything he can because he loves his game so much. He's even honest when something can't happen and the community doesn't mind cause he's honest and that's something EA could learn from.

Also. I'm not going to stop visiting this community. You know why, i'm allowed to share my opinion even if you don't agree with it. That's how the real world works. I've been here since the Sims 1 and I will be here until the end. Happy or not, i'm allowed to share even when there are bad (personal opinion) times. You don't agree with my comments and can't get over that I went from Sims 4 supporter to not buying anymore you can block me. With the amount of money I spend on these series I think I can say whatever I want. What I won't do is personally attack people or guru's, that's not okay. But that won't mean I will shut up about everything else.

Rant over.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    papersuitcasepapersuitcase Posts: 838 Member
    Don't take it personally when people leave their feedback on the game. Admittedly we are being overly dramatic because we just got 2 huge blows about the upcoming expansion pack but just let us vent. Getting all bent out of shape because you disagree is just silly.
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    I like how when we have our own "negative" opinion we bring everyone down and make them sad, yet they all say things like "you'll buy it anyway, the sims 4 is the best, stop whining".

Some make good points though, that we'll buy it anyway and that comment made me realise i'm just not going to buy. That's my privilege to them.

I'd rather keep up with news from Stardew Valley, this person loves sharing everything he can because he loves his game so much. He's even honest when something can't happen and the community doesn't mind cause he's honest and that's something EA could learn from.

Also. I'm not going to stop visiting this community. You know why, i'm allowed to share my opinion even if you don't agree with it. That's how the real world works. I've been here since the Sims 1 and I will be here until the end. Happy or not, i'm allowed to share even when there are bad (personal opinion) times. You don't agree with my comments and can't get over that I went from Sims 4 supporter to not buying anymore you can block me. With the amount of money I spend on these series I think I can say whatever I want. What I won't do is personally attack people or guru's, that's not okay. But that won't mean I will shut up about everything else.

Rant over.

I can't speak for everyone, but I won't tell you to shut up about it, nor will I say the you'll buy it anyway. The point is, even if you did buy it anyone you would still have the right to state what you do or don't like. There is a lot of heat on the forums right now, and some of this negativity has nothing to do with the legit complaints and everything to do with Simmers from both camps bashing those with opposing views. It is unfortunate, but please know that not all of us that do enjoy the game feel this way about those that don't, and even some of us that enjoy the game still realize it has flaws. You should never be made to feel like your opinion is unwelcome.
  • Options
    papersuitcasepapersuitcase Posts: 838 Member
    Sara1010P wrote: »

Rant over.

I can't speak for everyone, but I won't tell you to shut up about it, nor will I say the you'll buy it anyway. The point is, even if you did buy it anyone you would still have the right to state what you do or don't like. There is a lot of heat on the forums right now, and some of this negativity has nothing to do with the legit complaints and everything to do with Simmers from both camps bashing those with opposing views. It is unfortunate, but please know that not all of us that do enjoy the game feel this way about those that don't, and even some of us that enjoy the game still realize it has flaws. You should never be made to feel like your opinion is unwelcome.

I know you weren't speaking to me, but thank you, you're very sweet.

I'm here because I was very excited about City Living and I want the devs to know that so far it's not meeting my expectations. Whether or not they can do anything about it is another matter altogether.
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member

Rant over.

Well, you just spoke for me. :)@DaniqaSimmer Sorry you feel like you can't voice your opinion. Also sorry you have reached that point where you just can't support the present game anymore. I hope you can still enjoy older games maybe so you can still sim. I go between TS3 and TS4 so I'm still hanging in there lol But I know what it feels like to be disappointed.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member

Rant over.

I know you weren't speaking to me, but thank you, you're very sweet.

I'm here because I was very excited about City Living and I want the devs to know that so far it's not meeting my expectations. Whether or not they can do anything about it is another matter altogether.

Thanks, I think if we could only learn to respect each other then the forums would not be so divided, but I don't think that will happen with human nature being what it is unfortunately.
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member

Rant over.

You're so kind. Thankyou for that!
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    TaquandaTaquanda Posts: 212 Member
    Oh if that's the case it explains why they aren't even trying to make decent packs with actual content anymore.
    I see plenty of decent packs with actual content and a long list of works in progress.

Imagine yourself in their place... persistently flooded with negative feedback regarding a product which you've once poured your heart into while having no professional reason to further its production other than 'doing your job' and 'earning money' as you describe. After personally earning millions, would you really care to tolerate the kind of abuse which you've witnessed throughout these forums? Especially after having achieved the social and intellectual status which are required for anyone to even consider creation of an entertainment product such as The Sims?

The Sims is a product of love, and those who receive only abuse in response to their expressions of love will eventually determine that there is no valid reason to continue sharing their perspective with a spiteful audience. Maybe I'm a bit over-sensitive, however, I can see in recent presentations that the Gurus have become 'less-joyous' about current developments and it's painful to see after so many years of delightful surprises from their team.

This. It awfully sounds like a developer being all wrong. We do have influence. As I said before, we are the ones filling their wallets.
    Giving my money away is a privilege to the person or company that gets it too. If the product doesn't meet my expectations they shouldn't have the privilege of spending my money anymore.
    Then leave your money in your wallet and stop visiting their community. Attacking the developers with invalid logic won't motivate them to add the features that you're demanding.
    How dare you say they've given us a privilege of news. Its a product just like any other product & consumers have never demanded
    suppliers provide news for their products.
    Fraudulent arguments and condescension from non professionals, that statement/ phrase is condescending in itself.
    They've already sold you a complete and functional product. They're not obligated to provide forums, live updates, sessions with Gurus, automatic product recovery options, live license management, weekly news and free content, or the opportunity to abuse them through their own communications network.
    Fraudulent arguments ? A consumer says they don't like a product is not fraudulent (involving deception) that is how they really feel.
    When you state that a product is technologically inferior, then argue that you don't need to know anything about technology to appreciate the product, your argument becomes fraudulent and you should expect legal punishment for any resultant damages.
    condescension from non professionals ? Saying how you feel about a product as a consumer is not condescension (meaning they feel superior or a statement of disdain) it is simple how they feel.
    • "The devs are finally doing better but this is still plum"
    • "Good job devs, you're finally listening to us"
    • "If you fix your broken engine I'll open my wallet"
    Those are clearly condescending statements, and there is no evidence in support of the related arguments - there are so many examples throughout the history of this forum that I'm not even going to bother with lists.
    "Who have no comprehension of what goes on in professional offices" now that is a condescending statement !
    That's a counter-argument which I've substantiated. (once again in this thread even!)
    "You have no idea what people know, where they've been, who they've worked for, so you don't know what level of comprehension they have or don't have.
    I can see it clearly at this point (with the exception of 'who they work for').
    A little less trying to shut people up and a little more letting people voice their thoughts, opinions please. That is what this forum is for.
    Again, I'm just countering the false arguments which are causing collapse of the community, not attempting to 'shut anyone up'.

Maybe it's time for you to reciprocate the love rather than attacking them and calling their work 'plum' ?

It pains me to see how some people react to criticism. Developing is two-way traffic. Handle it or leave the topics alone, ktx. This is a place to share opinions and feelings. Everyone should be open. If we feel like the devs aren't listening enough, that's what we think.

Rant over.
    Don't take it personally when people leave their feedback on the game. Admittedly we are being overly dramatic because we just got 2 huge blows about the upcoming expansion pack but just let us vent. Getting all bent out of shape because you disagree is just silly.

This. I've also been around a long time (not on the forums) but I feel this is a place to express our feelings and communicate with the developers. Lately everything we say is one-way traffic and that's why people see a lot of negative threads.

People apparently can't handle other people expressing their opinions. They say "a lot of heat" is on the forums. Maybe because there is really something wrong?

A lot of people say the devs can't make a game everyone loves. But if you look at the community, it looks like the majority dislikes certain elements.
    Sorry for any grammar or other mistakes. English is not my native language. :)
  • Options
    fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    They've offered us the privilege of product news, regular updates, and interactions from their teams.

It's not a privilege. News, updates and engagement with players are their promoting strategy. No news or updates - sooner or later players are going to forget about this game and move on. Engagement - personally I think they enjoy it. They can post any random silly picture on their simguru twitter accounts and everyone will like it, share it and be excited about it. That is why one of the simgurus (don't remember exactly who) once said that they are surprised to see complaints about the game as they have so many likes on Facebook.

Wait how will they earn money if they don't offer us products? It's literally their job, they're not handing people free games or anything.

I'm not sure if i'm understanding this right but seriously we don't owe anything to devs or the team it is their job to sell their products and satisfy their customers. They're not doing us a favor when they offer information about the game so ? ?
    As stated above, they've already recovered their investments, so they can freely return home and spend it on as many units of "Fisher Price Little People Garage" as they desire without any concern for legal consequence or your demand for toddlers. Even if they hadn't earned any money, they would still not be obligated to sell anything to you.

Your comments explain everything that's wrong with businesses in America. They literally believe they are entitled to do nothing and we have to pay for it. Its awesome. So thanks for being the example in today's lesson of "How to have an unstable economy".

And all the people who say "I don't like it, but I'll still buy it because its better than nothing" you are what is causing it ^^. If you don't stop buying they have no reason to offer you anything worth while at all. That's why our economy is crap and why our product quality has continued to nose dive because we continue to be satisfied with junk. Stop being satisfied with it.
  • Options
    fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member

A bottle of Jack I'm guessing. Perhaps one too many.
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member

Wait how will they earn money if they don't offer us products? It's literally their job, they're not handing people free games or anything.

I'm not sure if i'm understanding this right but seriously we don't owe anything to devs or the team it is their job to sell their products and satisfy their customers. They're not doing us a favor when they offer information about the game so ? ?
    As stated above, they've already recovered their investments, so they can freely return home and spend it on as many units of "Fisher Price Little People Garage" as they desire without any concern for legal consequence or your demand for toddlers. Even if they hadn't earned any money, they would still not be obligated to sell anything to you.

Your comments explain everything that's wrong with businesses in America. They literally believe they are entitled to do nothing and we have to pay for it. Its awesome. So thanks for being the example in today's lesson of "How to have an unstable economy".

And all the people who say "I don't like it, but I'll still buy it because its better than nothing" you are what is causing it ^^. If you don't stop buying they have no reason to offer you anything worth while at all. That's why our economy is plum and why our product quality has continued to nose dive because we continue to be satisfied with junk. Stop being satisfied with it.

It probably isn't that black and white. I'd imagine that the people who say "I don't like it but I'm still buying it" are expressing a dissatisfaction to one or two elements but still like the look of the rest of the pack. After all why should anyone miss out on other fun elements just because one thing was a disappointment.

If anything, in my opinion, the people saying "I don't like it but I'm still buying it" are very astute consumers. They are vocal in their feedback and continue to support the franchise while demanding a better product.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    TaquandaTaquanda Posts: 212 Member
    NZsimm3r wrote: »

And all the people who say "I don't like it, but I'll still buy it because its better than nothing" you are what is causing it ^^. If you don't stop buying they have no reason to offer you anything worth while at all. That's why our economy is plum and why our product quality has continued to nose dive because we continue to be satisfied with junk. Stop being satisfied with it.

It probably isn't that black and white. I'd imagine that the people who say "I don't like it but I'm still buying it" are expressing a dissatisfaction to one or two elements but still like the look of the rest of the pack. After all why should anyone miss out on other fun elements just because one thing was a disappointment.

If anything, in my opinion, the people saying "I don't like it but I'm still buying it" are very astute consumers. They are vocal in their feedback and continue to support the franchise while demanding a better product.

I'm one of them. Mostly because after being a Sims fan since the very beginning, I'm still hoping for it to get better. I'm not ready to leave the franchise.
    Sorry for any grammar or other mistakes. English is not my native language. :)
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    This must stop. The product developers are the authority over their own intellectual property and they're not obligated to produce what is demanded by any specific community. They've offered us the privilege of product news, regular updates, and interactions from their teams, and it's unbelievable that they've tolerated the fraudulent arguments and condescension from non-professionals who have no comprehension of what goes on in professional offices.

There is a well-defined limit to customer privilege and the behavior within this community has gone very far beyond. This is a good example of what has been referred to as toxic, and if this persists, you'll soon have no forums.

No. I and others have offered them the PRIVILEGE to produce "intellectual property" (lol) and then offer it for sale to me in exchange for MY MONEY over which I have the ultimate authority. If they fail to produce what any particular community wants ("demands") then the privilege extended by myself and others will be withdrawn and I will exercise my authority over my money by extending the privilege to sell me something to someone else. I am NOT here for them, they are here for me and others of the buying public- this is not their hobby, it is their job. Now, some people will love this new EP and enough people may love it that it will prove a success BUT public dissatisfaction and the critiques that follow over any product or service is common place. If they are unhappy with the response (which will only be determined by units sold and profit generated imo) then I would suggest a re-evaluation of their priorities, goals and "vision". Not gathering up their toys, going home and crying "Well I'm not talking to you anymore and you're not my friend!" This is business and they are business people.

BTW- if they should decide to close the forums makes no difference. There are many other social outlets to utilize with NO EA CONTROL over them should it come to that.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    No. I and others have offered them the PRIVILEGE to produce "intellectual property" (lol) and then offer it for sale to me in exchange for MY MONEY over which I have the ultimate authority. If they fail to produce what any particular community wants ("demands") then the privilege extended by myself and others will be withdrawn and I will exercise my authority over my money by extending the privilege to sell me something to someone else. I am NOT here for them, they are here for me and others of the buying public- this is not their hobby, it is their job. Now, some people will love this new EP and enough people may love it that it will prove a success BUT public dissatisfaction and the critiques that follow over any product or service is common place.
    Again, you've already received the product and they are not obligated to provide any additional service or merchandise. They produce the intellectual work, and when you discover its value, you pay for it and follow progress, since you can't possibly afford to create anything of its nature or quality with your personal resources - that's the value of industry. Whether or not they're business people, the primary motive behind development of entertainment products such as The Sims is never monetary gain, and it certainly cannot be regarded as 'just a job.' If you can't see this, then you don't understand American values.
    If they are unhappy with the response (which will only be determined by units sold and profit generated imo) then I would suggest a re-evaluation of their priorities, goals and "vision". Not gathering up their toys, going home and crying "Well I'm not talking to you anymore and you're not my friend!" This is business and they are business people.
    I'm not suggesting that they should collect money and run at the first sign of disapproval, especially if they've created a product which doesn't meet specifications or legal standards (this isn't the case), however it isn't appropriate for the consumers and non-paying community members to flood their feedback channels with irrational arguments and expect that they'll yield to demands simply because those who are complaining have offered to pay for a product update.
    BTW- if they should decide to close the forums makes no difference. There are many other social outlets to utilize with NO EA CONTROL over them should it come to that.
    The number of social outlets is irrelevant if you convince the entire community that it's rightful to publicly accuse the developers of fraud and communicate with them in a condescending manner over their own private medium with no justification other than "we're the customers and we've previously opened our wallets." The result will be complete destruction of the product and you'll have nothing to discuss in any location where there is "no EA control."

I'm tired of hearing that "the developers must listen to us or the sims is plum," and that if they don't restore the old, the community will remain within their forums and defame them while refusing to pay for the product. I don't believe that any part of the community, or even the community as a collective, is qualified to educate the developers on software engineering, marketing, entertainment, or any of the social standards which are relevant to the content of The Sims, which means (in my opinion) that we must listen to them if we want the product to evolve.

The earliest versions were created without any community involvement and derived only from the intellectual work of the founder, and yet those versions were most successful because the original creators had achieved superiority within the fields which are relevant to development of the product. Whether or not the consumer contributes to content creation, it's the knowledge, professional experience, and artistic capacity of the producers which determines whether or not the content and feature set will be entertaining to the consumer. The consumer seeks to achieve the level of the entertainer (producer) and, therefore, generally desires to see the intellectual perspective of the entertainer.

To remove the intellectual perspective of the producer from the product is to entirely destroy the product, and this is what we're seeing with The Sims 4.
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • Options
    I was only pointing out that the developers have chosen offer a product out of the goodness of their hearts, not because someone had offered them money, and it's obvious that they must earn additional money to further their operations. This does not mean that they're greedy or that they should feel obligated to offer additional services.

The problem with the U.S. economy has more to do with international influences and cultural changes than the purchasing habits of consumers. There is no reason to 'boycott' The Sims.