Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No Apartment Building?

Comments

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    ehaught58 wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I totally get what everyone is saying seeing most of my long time dearest friends here are builders and world creators. They were already stifled by no CAW and limited buildable areas - but this new turn of events is going to totally devastate my friends.

It was bad enough they lacked on the life states - still have not brought out the real supernaturals - then no map building and no lot adding - now no apts. What next big NO will we get zapped with? I just don't get why they are doing this to this very beloved franchise?

@Writin_Reg ^^^THIS^^^

Yep Ed - you are one of my dear friends I thought of when I wrote this, along with so many wonderfully talented people. I so feel your pain.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited September 2016
    mirta000 wrote: »
    I think that they simply can't do a lot of things because of their engine.
    So they're far more likely to let it run into the ground like Simcity.

I'm not sure if I remember this correctly, but I think the engine they use for TS4 is the exact same one they used for Sim City.

Oh my jesus, if that's the case then we really running downhill now lmao

No it is not the Glass Box engine. That is what was used for Sim City 2013. It was first rumored to be the Glass Box they were going to be using - but they later verified it was not - but was a brand new engine they called it "Smart Sims" made specifically for the Sims 4.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    libra_stylelibra_style Posts: 1,229 Member
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    I think that they simply can't do a lot of things because of their engine.
    So they're far more likely to let it run into the ground like Simcity.

I'm not sure if I remember this correctly, but I think the engine they use for TS4 is the exact same one they used for Sim City.

Oh my jesus, if that's the case then we really running downhill now lmao

It's not. Glass box was made exclusively for Simcity.

okay that's good kind of lol, thanks for the update :)
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    teaa5 wrote: »
    1- Apartments are shells that you cannot build like in TS2
    2- The shells cannot be placed in other worlds!!
    3- There is a loading screen to visit your neighbors unlike TS2!
    4- Only one shell in the world that has 4 apartments, rest (I think they are few) will have 2 or 3

And the apartments is supposed to be the main feature of this EP??

Like how Apartment Life was the last EP for the Sims 2 I hope City Living will be the last EP for The Sims 4.
    This is coming from someone who loves the The Sims 4 but very very upset with this superficial direction.

I reached to a stage that I don't mind it if the whole franchise is shut down forever.

I hoping a competitor comes through with a similar sim game kind of like how city skylines vs simscity lol

Same here.. I think 1,2 years left... on Maxis rights to sims.. not sure.. I hope only 1 year... and then finally competition:))

Unfortunately not - technically they have protection on the Sims for 95 years more or less.

I can see this.

But yet they do not have protection over other games that are life stimulators. The Sims is protected. The Guild 3 will be coming out and they are about business, politics, having a job with climbing the ranks (owning).. Having children.. Life stimulator close (but not Sims)..to Sims. The older Guild games are like that too.

It is unfortunate they hold the Sims like they do and ruin the game these days.

I am not sure and to lazy to do research today (have a nasty cold), but EA can not stop someone doing a life stimulator if it is different enough. There is a few mobile apps that are life stimulators.. with jobs, house, having kids, getting married.. and such.

But if you mean the name I agree.. but I do not thing the simmer meant the name..

• Options
    another thing that's crazy is the bugs and glitches....I honestly think they need more people on their team to alleviate some developing stresses. For instance I have a issue with their shadowing whereas the shadows move like their skipping/jumping around when the sun moves around the world...

Honestly, it's time to stop voicing our thoughts because nothing is truly happening once you take the blinders off.
  • Options
    ASDF0716ASDF0716 Posts: 1,703 Member
  • Options
    teaa5teaa5 Posts: 1,407 Member
    gamekitten wrote: »
    Felicity wrote: »
    So far EA didn't let us have toddies... Now they are limiting apartments to one world.... next.. I think they should only introduce two seasons.. Like summer and winter.. why 4, when you can have 2 instead. For pets.. lets mishmash.. cat's rear with dog's head...for University - studying at home;) - that actually would be interesting although I prefer my sims to travel to actual University world... what else?

I think you're right, sadly. There will be a winter wonderland and a tropical paradise, probably both vacation worlds.

@Felicity... and this is what I fear the most... Seasons are everything for me in sims. So if they implement them like you say... then this is the end of sims 4 for me for good;(

Come over to the dark side ..Sims 3 and 2 have wonderful weather!! Toddlers.. Pets.. babies that are actual babies.. boats..cars.. apartments (two different ways depending on the Sim version).. Story telling delore.. Supernaturals.. vacation spots.. and so much more!!!

<.< Sorry I could not resist..

City Living for me = just another pretty scene with no real game play and a whole lot of limitations.. which =.. No sale.. ka-ching

I just need to update my mods and I am back in sims 3;))))))))))))))))))))))))
    00.jpg

Origin ID : kateteaa Twitter: MunchPumpkins
    Sims 3 wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=teaa5
    Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
  • Options
    EisbergsEnteEisbergsEnte Posts: 146 Member
    edited September 2016
    a brand new engine they called it "Smart Sims"

The irony...oh, the irony in this...*looks at all those over-emotional sims*
    *giggles*
    QNWOqEZ.jpg
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    Hey, all, I'm sure things will be peachy keen in no time. After all, here's a direct quote from SimGuruGraham well over two years ago: "And while we recognize that some of you will be disappointed that pools and toddlers won’t be available when The Sims 4 Base Game launches in September, you should know that we’re building an incredibly strong foundation that is capable of fulfilling every one of your desires in the years to come."

Every one of your desires. They promised.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    4- Only one shell in the world that has 4 apartments, rest (I think they are few) will have 2 or 3

Like how Apartment Life was the last EP for the Sims 2 I hope City Living will be the last EP for The Sims 4.
    This is coming from someone who loves the The Sims 4 but very very upset with this superficial direction.

I reached to a stage that I don't mind it if the whole franchise is shut down forever.

I hoping a competitor comes through with a similar sim game kind of like how city skylines vs simscity lol

Same here.. I think 1,2 years left... on Maxis rights to sims.. not sure.. I hope only 1 year... and then finally competition:))

Unfortunately not - technically they have protection on the Sims for 95 years more or less.

I can see this.

But yet they do not have protection over other games that are life stimulators. The Sims is protected. The Guild 3 will be coming out and they are about business, politics, having a job with climbing the ranks (owning).. Having children.. Life stimulator close (but not Sims)..to Sims. The older Guild games are like that too.

I am not sure and to lazy to do research today (have a nasty cold), but EA can not stop someone doing a life stimulator if it is different enough. There is a few mobile apps that are life stimulators.. with jobs, house, having kids, getting married.. and such.

But if you mean the name I agree.. but I do not thing the simmer meant the name..

Well they got Zygna on too much duplication of what they had done in the Sims ( mainly a kitchen that looked like Bob and Betty's kitchen started it I hear - not sure if that was true though) - so basically anything Sims exclusive could get their hackles up. Copyrights are nothing you want to really mess with. They have 17 years of creation into this game they can protect - so it might makes it extremely hard to get a fun Sims like game as long as EA does not want to share their toys.

ETA - I know what you mean about a nasty cold too - lol- hubby and I both have one too. Crazy New England weather does not help either. LOL. Get well soon -

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options

Unfortunately not - technically they have protection on the Sims for 95+ years more or less.

As see:

The term of copyright for video games is no different than those of other media in the United states.

Most popular video games are works of corporate authorship and have copyrights that will expire 95 years from publication or 120 years from creation, whichever expires first.

Please see precise details of copyright terms at the Cornell link, below.

http://copyright.cornell….edu/resources/publicdomain.cfm

Omg;(((((( @Writin_Reg you have just killed all my hopes... but thank you for the info<3 * goes to bang her head against the wall...
    00.jpg

Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
  • Options
    When I thought of apartments for the sims 4 this is what I was thinking especially with the dine out pack and get to work pack,so imagine this lol:

Build your own apartments in the new world or in any world you want. You can even take it a bit further by creating an apartment on your retail or restaurant lot for your sims and others to enjoy. Can you sim and take on the stress as a landlord and manager of a restaurant or retail business. Play with life, play the sims 4. LMAO

Sorry in dream mode but switching back to reality.
  • Options
    When I thought of apartments for the sims 4 this is what I was thinking especially with the dine out pack and get to work pack,so imagine this lol:

Build your own apartments in the new world or in any world you want. You can even take it a bit further by creating an apartment on your retail or restaurant lot for your sims and others to enjoy. Can you sim and take on the stress as a landlord and manager of a restaurant or retail business. Play with life, play the sims 4. LMAO

Sorry in dream mode but switching back to reality.

YES!!! Same here!!!
    00.jpg

• Options

I can see this.

Well they got Zygna on too much duplication of what they had done in the Sims ( mainly a kitchen that looked like Bob and Betty's kitchen started it I hear - not sure if that was true though) - so basically anything Sims exclusive could get their hackles up. Copyrights are nothing you want to really mess with. They have 17 years of creation into this game they can protect - so it might makes it extremely hard to get a fun Sims like game as long as EA does not want to share their toys.

and I can bet they will keep their toys for themselves...
    00.jpg

• Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member

I can see this.

That is sad.. I guess I will stick with previous Sims game and other games that portray life a little differently. I am actually excited for Guild 3. No EA doesn't like to share their toys, they like to break their toys.

And I meant no harm against you with that post. And if other irritations of Sims game to come is like 4.. They can keep that toy, for it lost it shiny in this irritation.
  • Options
    Stdlr9 wrote: »
    Hey, all, I'm sure things will be peachy keen in no time. After all, here's a direct quote from SimGuruGraham well over two years ago: "And while we recognize that some of you will be disappointed that pools and toddlers won’t be available when The Sims 4 Base Game launches in September, you should know that we’re building an incredibly strong foundation that is capable of fulfilling every one of your desires in the years to come."

love the sarcasm:)
    00.jpg

• Options
    edited September 2016

Poor simguruGraham, I really like him and he had such high hopes... but

tumblr_m574y11hoE1r317bvo1_500.gif
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,551 Member

Things change :D
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member

ETA - I know what you mean about a nasty cold too - lol- hubby and I both have one too. Crazy New England weather does not help either. LOL. Get well soon -

well that youtuber's life game on steam is essentially life simulator, but they didn't get sued into the floor :)
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I'm not happy you can't put them in other worlds, or build apartments in other worlds. Maybe I'll just wait until they have a 50% sale after it gets released.
  • Options
    I'm not happy you can't put them in other worlds, or build apartments in other worlds. Maybe I'll just wait until they have a 50% sale after it gets released.

exactly me too, besides it's almost Christmas so they'll probably be a Christmas sell lol
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,983 Member
    loadscreens between apartments

can't build your own, exclusive to the new world.

It's a bit of a deal breaker to me. I'm interested in will the "filth" be added to other worlds too (I want rats and roaches!) and if not, then I'm not interested.

this, to me, is crazy because why is there a loading screen when your on the same lot and the sims lives either next door or across from you lol
    I can understand a loading screen if
    We can have up to eight people in each of our apartments.... Because then the apartment is like a lot.... But I hope we are able to build apartments of our own. They don't have to be highrise apartments... As long as we can use the two basements and 3 stories we already have.....
  • Options
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    loadscreens between apartments

can't build your own, exclusive to the new world.

It's a bit of a deal breaker to me. I'm interested in will the "filth" be added to other worlds too (I want rats and roaches!) and if not, then I'm not interested.

this, to me, is crazy because why is there a loading screen when your on the same lot and the sims lives either next door or across from you lol
    I can understand a loading screen if
    We can have up to eight people in each of our apartments.... Because then the apartment is like a lot.... But I hope we are able to build apartments of our own. They don't have to be highrise apartments... As long as we can use the two basements and 3 stories we already have.....

they already stated that we can't, we posted the proof I think on page 3.
  • Options

I can see this.

That is sad.. I guess I will stick with previous Sims game and other games that portray life a little differently. I am actually excited for Guild 3. No EA doesn't like to share their toys, they like to break their toys.

And I meant no harm against you with that post. And if other irritations of Sims game to come is like 4.. They can keep that toy, for it lost it shiny in this irritation.

Oh - no problem here. I know everyone who is frustrated with something in Sims 4 - I said from the base game - This is no Sims series game - and the more we get for it - the more I am convinced. New is one thing - it is a whole other ball game when they just destroy all the greatness it has had up until now with some half pint side game and smack the Sims 4 title on it. Had they called it anything but the Sims 4 - I could have lived with that - because it is just not part of the series - at all. It is something else.

But hey - I have no issues with other simmers expressing their disappointments - like many of you - I feel it too. We all have a right to be disappointed - I think - no matter how it comes out. Hugs all around for sure.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,983 Member

The only disappointment - but still not sure about it.. is that we wont be able to build small apartments in the other worlds... am I getting it right?
    Thank you @Writin_Reg for those links;)

Apparently not buildable anywhere but where they have the special buildings located which is only in San Myshuno. Also it was mentioned you can give up to 3 traits to the apartment building. Weird or what? Apparently the traits determine if the building is rat infested or what ever. At least from my best understanding - that is what was said.

The only disappointment - but still not sure about it.. is that we wont be able to build small apartments in the other worlds... am I getting it right?
    Thank you @Writin_Reg for those links;)

Apparently not buildable anywhere but where they have the special buildings located which is only in San Myshuno. Also it was mentioned you can give up to 3 traits to the apartment building. Weird or what? Apparently the traits determine if the building is rat infested or what ever. At least from my best understanding - that is what was said.

I like the idea you can give traits to the apartments, probably ritzy, middle class, and poor