Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No Apartment Building?

Comments

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited September 2016
    Sounds like San Myshuno is very much like Granite Falls in respect to what is pertinent to GF stays in GF - like renting, catching insects - etc - same goes for San Myshuno - that what is pertinent to City Living stays exclusively in the City Living world regardless of how flawlessly you can teleport to either world.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    teaa5teaa5 Posts: 1,407 Member
    << so disappointed now that she goes to create her own sims Game...
    00.jpg

Origin ID : kateteaa Twitter: MunchPumpkins
    Sims 3 wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=teaa5
    Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    I'm still going to get the pack , but it is kinda sad that they missed rhe mark with some features. Loading screens just to enter a neighbors apartment doesn't make any sense to me.

I don't get that either

I think it might be treating the building as the public space in a neighborhood and the each apartment within that building as different lots. Like apartment buildings are mini neighborhoods within a larger neighborhood. Play apartment A and that apartment, the public space in the apartment building and the surrounding public space are all open. Want to switch to apartment B? Gotta go through a load screen then B becomes the active lot, as well as the public space inside and outside the building.
  • Options
    libra_stylelibra_style Posts: 1,229 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Sounds like San Myshuno is very much like Granite Falls in respect to what is pertinent to GF stays in GF - like renting, catching insects - etc - same goes for San Myshuno - that what is pertinent to City Living stays exclusively in the City Living world regardless of how flawlessly you can teleport to either world.

Yeah :( ... I wasn't ready for that news
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    teaa5 wrote: »

The only disappointment - but still not sure about it.. is that we wont be able to build small apartments in the other worlds... am I getting it right?
    Thank you @Writin_Reg for those links;)

Apparently not buildable anywhere but where they have the special buildings located which is only in San Myshuno. Also it was mentioned you can give up to 3 traits to the apartment building. Weird or what? Apparently the traits determine if the building is rat infested or what ever. At least from my best understanding - that is what was said.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    I'm still going to get the pack , but it is kinda sad that they missed rhe mark with some features. Loading screens just to enter a neighbors apartment doesn't make any sense to me.

I don't get that either

I think it might be treating the building as the public space in a neighborhood and the each apartment within that building as different lots. Like apartment buildings are mini neighborhoods within a larger neighborhood. Play apartment A and that apartment, the public space in the apartment building and the surrounding public space are all open. Want to switch to apartment B? Gotta go through a load screen then B becomes the active lot, as well as the public space inside and outside the building.

That makes soooo much sense :), that just may be it.
  • Options
    For freaking sake of anything WHY WHY WHY Maxis and EA you are doing it to us...? My yay brill expansion mood is gone... * hugs OP and others who are disappointed*
    00.jpg

Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
  • Options
    First businesses that we can't do at home and now apartments that we can't build anywhere else - TS4 really is double downing on the whole "Let's do what other expansions did but worse!" approach to EP development.

At least TS3 let us build apartments (with different shells) on other worlds and that was considered inferior to TS2's Apartment Life pack.

Exactly, I'm like where in the heck is my money going too for there not to be enough in the budget to implement these features
    tumblr_l5iagg1MF51qa4w2fo1_400.gif
  • Options
    For freaking sake of anything WHY WHY WHY Maxis and EA you are doing it to us...? My yay brill expansion mood is gone... * hugs OP and others who are disappointed*

*hugs back* I don't even know how to feel about the future eps/sp/gp now lol
  • Options
    Don't know if you guys saw this or not - Daniel linked to it -

https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/news/sims-4-city-living-apartments

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member

more information can be gotten from tweets. That article got me excited for filth, but it seems like filthy surroundings, cockroaches and rats will be exclusive to apartments with a "filth" trait. Thinking that we could likely assign that to our own houses, but I wouldn't want to. I don't want everything to be filthy, I just want there to be rats and cockroaches if I do play an overly lazy sim that does not tidy.
  • Options
    Wasting_NightWasting_Night Posts: 800 Member
    edited September 2016
    First businesses that we can't do at home and now apartments that we can't build anywhere else - TS4 really is double downing on the whole "Let's do what other expansions did but worse!" approach to EP development.

At least TS3 let us build apartments (with different shells) on other worlds and that was considered inferior to TS2's Apartment Life pack.

Exactly, I'm like where in the heck is my money going too for there not to be enough in the budget to implement these features

My guess is as good as yours. I mean this is the big thing they were working on after Get Together? I want to give the Gurus benefit of the doubt and think they're working as hard as they can on expansions but if they can't even do what TS2 did more than a decade ago with a dedicated team then it says a lot about what their brilliant new engine for TS4 can really do.
  • Options

The first time I seen it I was like Oh Yes can't wait and now the only thing I can't for is for it to be at a discounted rate at least by that time there will be some reviews and I'll have all the information I need to make a decision on if it's worth it or not.
  • Options

My guess is as good as yours. I mean this is the big thing they were working on after Get Together? I want to give the Gurus the benefit of the doubt and think they're working as hard as they can on expansions but if they can't even do what TS2 did more than a decade ago with a dedicated team then it says a lot about what their brilliant new engine for TS4 can really do.

OMG you took the words right out of my mouth lol.
  • Options

*hugs back* I don't even know how to feel about the future eps/sp/gp now lol

me too...
    00.jpg

• Options

I love some of the stuff and all the leaking pipes. pests, dealing with landlord, eccentric roommates or neighbours etc.. but ... ehh...
    00.jpg

• Options
    MinkFurMinkFur Posts: 164 Member
    Seriously though, I wonder if they have something HUGE planned for us. I know that EA/Maxis knows that we would've wanted to make our own apartments.There is NO WAY that they could not have. We can build our own houses,stores,cafes,etc. Why can't we build our own highrise buildings? They probably could have even introduced a new camera style or build mode. Whoever is making the decisions, regarding the sims 4, at Ea needs to get their behinds beat.
    newsig_zps30nrzgoc.png
  • Options
    MinkFur wrote: »
    Seriously though, I wonder if they have something HUGE planned for us. I know that EA/Maxis knows that we would've wanted to make our own apartments.There is NO WAY that they could not have. We can build our own houses,stores,cafes,etc. Why can't we build our own highrise buildings? They probably could have even introduced a new camera style or build mode. Whoever is making the decisions, regarding the sims 4, at Ea needs to get their behinds beat.

I'll just take it as they're stressed because losing people and this EA worldwide thing that's happening, I guess...not to mention the whole influence program thing for only YouTubers
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    If I had to guess, it is possibly high-rise buildings that we cannot build (like in the Sims 3... Officially and not through cheats), but we are able to build regular apartments that aren't high-rises. o:)

But you could. I mean, you had to use a shell, but you could place apartment buildings in any world. This sounds like we won't be able to do that.

Also, load screens between apartments. That's a disappointment as well. Not a surprise, but I really wish they had at least started to open up the neighborhoods.

It sounds like the festivals and such are a part of a common area, much like the neighborhoods have now. I have to admit, this is quickly becoming a wait-for-the-holiday sale. I'll be busy with remastered Skyrim anyway, I suppose.
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    edited September 2016
    Seriously though, I wonder if they have something HUGE planned for us.

this is the 3rd expansion now. I think that they simply can't do a lot of things because of their engine. But when you know that your engine is so limited, this is the point where you should turn around and ask, if continuing is worth it. When FFXIV 1.0 flopped the development team removed the subscription fee, gave all those that owned FFXIV 1.0 2.0 for free, wrapped up the story and shut down to build 2.0. And they did do a completely new engine. They rebuilt the game from ground up in 2 years, it was extremely stressful and bad for all developers. Square Enix dropped profit by 90% that year. But you know what? They saved the franchise. And they knew how important it was to save the franchise.

Maybe sims should do the same. Apologize, stop making content, go and remake The Sims 4, two years later give everyone the updated version for free.

Except that this is EA. So they're far more likely to let it run into the ground like Simcity.
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    Awww, that's disappointing. I wanted to build an old historic apartment building like a brownstone or refurbished hotel.
  • Options
    NatKingSimNatKingSim Posts: 757 Member
    So it appears as though we won't be able to build apartments simmers.... I'm depressed now.

I want to be positive guys but I was really hoping to build my own apartment and such and I've so many simmers create apartments for sims but now we can't use them unless you just have your family in them....

simsvip.com/2016/09/20/sims-4-city-living-apartments-exclusive-san-myshuno/

Sorry if this was already posted. :(

Oh no! How can they do that?!
    bI7Zx0.gif
    Download below
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    mirta000 wrote: »
    Seriously though, I wonder if they have something HUGE planned for us.

this is the 3rd expansion now. I think that they simply can't do a lot of things because of their engine. But when you know that your engine is so limited, this is the point where you should turn around and ask, if continuing is worth it. When FFXIV 1.0 flopped the development team removed the subscription fee, gave all those that owned FFXIV 1.0 2.0 for free, wrapped up the story and shut down to build 2.0. And they did do a completely new engine. They rebuilt the game from ground up in 2 years, it was extremely stressful and bad for all developers. Square Enix dropped profit by 90% that year. But you know what? They saved the franchise. And they knew how important it was to save the franchise.

Maybe sims should do the same. Apologize, stop making content, go and remake The Sims 4, two years later give everyone the updated version for free.

Except that this is EA. So they're far more likely to let it run into the ground like Simcity.

Agree!! there is something really fishy from the beginning with sims 4. Something went very wrong... Gurus left and so on... And I truly believe you are right here.. if the engine can't cope then what is the sense of continuing the game... Stuffing us with stuff packs won't solve the problem. I think most of us want more game play than Stuff packs all the time..
    00.jpg

• Options
    I'm glad that they're exclusive to the new city. This makes them feel more special. Way to go, Sims 4 team!