Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No Apartment Building?

Comments

• Options
    libra_stylelibra_style Posts: 1,229 Member
    uo_aaronjd wrote: »
    As one of the "Toddler crowd" I feel your pain, welcome to our world

thank you :(
  • Options
    teaa5teaa5 Posts: 1,407 Member
    Felicity wrote: »
    teaa5 wrote: »
    So far EA didn't let us have toddies... Now they are limiting apartments to one world.... next.. I think they should only introduce two seasons.. Like summer and winter.. why 4, when you can have 2 instead. For pets.. lets mishmash.. cat's rear with dog's head...for University - studying at home;) - that actually would be interesting although I prefer my sims to travel to actual University world... what else?

I think you're right, sadly. There will be a winter wonderland and a tropical paradise, probably both vacation worlds.

I fear that the most @Felicity... Seasons for me is a must... if they would go only for this kind of Seasons Implementation.. then it is the end of sims 4 for me. :(
    00.jpg

Origin ID : kateteaa Twitter: MunchPumpkins
    Sims 3 wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=teaa5
    Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    edited September 2016
    So far EA didn't let us have toddies... Now they are limiting apartments to one world.... next.. I think they should only introduce two seasons.. Like summer and winter.. why 4, when you can have 2 instead. For pets.. lets mishmash.. cat's rear with dog's head...for University - studying at home;) - that actually would be interesting although I prefer my sims to travel to actual University world... what else?

I think instead they're going to hide the limitations.
    "We know that seasons, pets and toddlers are asked for a lot, but this team has a vision so let your sims have some more fun time in party and food pack 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8!"

"oh and we also know how to make backyard stuff. So far we had perfect patio stuff, garden stuff and backyard stuff, so how about some front-yard stuff, some lawn stuff and perhaps some grass stuff?"
  • Options
    Seamoan wrote: »
    Expected, but still disappointing.

If someone is out there taking notes for the next iteration of this game, please put me down as a player that enjoys world building, terrain tools, using foundations in creative ways and building and/or approving every single lot in my world. These particular limitations on world building in Sims 4 are a deal breaker for me after what's been offered in past versions.

/opinion logged

OMG yes, The Sims 5 will have to better and more improved this never before mess. I almost felt like we were tricked because I remember them saying how if the sims 4 doesn't sell there wouldn't be a sims 5...
  • Options
    mirta000 wrote: »

"We know that seasons, pets and toddlers are asked for a lot, but this team has a vision so let your sims have some more fun time in party and food pack 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8!"

That sounds like something they would do. Like here's a snack pack, I hope you like it lol
  • Options
    Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member

"oh and we also know how to make backyard stuff. So far we had perfect patio stuff, garden stuff and backyard stuff, so how about some front-yard stuff, some lawn stuff and perhaps some grass stuff?"

*when you realize that only 1 pack in the entirety of the sims 4 is focused on parties*
  • Options
    PapayaPancakePapayaPancake Posts: 867 Member
    I think the biggest mistake was them making an engine that is so limited in the first place, for the sole reason to make the game run better. I'm afraid it'll only get worse with coming Expansions.
  • Options
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    *when you realize that only 1 pack in the entirety of the sims 4 is focused on parties*

Get To Work is work focused, but I don't think that they're going to repeat that.
    Get Together is similar to City Living in the fact that it emulates Nightlife somewhat. I expect more along these lines, as it seems that their engine is too limited for anything else.

• Options
    Bagoas77 wrote: »
    Piperbird wrote: »
    This is actually a huge reason I still only have the base game (besides being totally broke). Almost every pack that has come out looked interesting, but then once more info came out, it just seemed like a huge disappointment. It seems like they keep giving us ALMOST what everyone was wanting, but just enough to be heartbreaking.

Yeah. Sad. It is heartbreaking. They blow up the balloon for us while we're watching with all of the circus music playing in the background and their pancake-slathered clown faces smeared with a grin... and just before it bursts, they let it squeal out in one long shrill deflate... right in our faces... and then they all climb back into the clown car and disappear with a single, sad clown, raspy horn honk... and then we don't hear from them for weeks or months until the next round of calliope melodies start playing and the clown car comes chugging back around to entertain the "influencers."

Just more and more, it looks like smoke and mirrors. I think there might be parties within Maxis that would like to give us awesome, but they just can't because their hands are tied. Oh well, maybe some day...

@Bagoas77 ... it is official:)) I love your posts;)
    00.jpg

Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member

XD This made me laugh loudly that I scared my sleeping cat...

Especially the grass stuff pack, but after this news about the upcoming EP.. I can see the grass pack happening. Pets... remember the apartment pets in Sims 2? Think they will do that in 4 if they release Pets?
  • Options

I think you're right, sadly. There will be a winter wonderland and a tropical paradise, probably both vacation worlds.

@Felicity... and this is what I fear the most... Seasons are everything for me in sims. So if they implement them like you say... then this is the end of sims 4 for me for good;(
    00.jpg

• Options
    EisbergsEnteEisbergsEnte Posts: 146 Member
    edited September 2016
    I think that they simply can't do a lot of things because of their engine.
    So they're far more likely to let it run into the ground like Simcity.

I'm not sure if I remember this correctly, but I think the engine they use for TS4 is the exact same one they used for Sim City.
    QNWOqEZ.jpg
  • Options
    I think the biggest mistake was them making an engine that is so limited in the first place, for the sole reason to make the game run better. I'm afraid it'll only get worse with coming Expansions.

Exactly smh
  • Options
    ChambersNChambersN Posts: 227 Member
    And poof! There's goes my excitement :'( Such a trainwreck ..so upset!!!
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I totally get what everyone is saying seeing most of my long time dearest friends here are builders and world creators. They were already stifled by no CAW and limited buildable areas - but this new turn of events is going to totally devastate my friends.

It was bad enough they lacked on the life states - still have not brought out the real supernaturals - then no map building and no lot adding - now no apts. What next big NO will we get zapped with? I just don't get why they are doing this to this very beloved franchise?

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    I think, my fellow simmers, we are officially in The Sims 4 expansion pack Danger
  • Options

@Felicity... and this is what I fear the most... Seasons are everything for me in sims. So if they implement them like you say... then this is the end of sims 4 for me for good;(

Come over to the dark side ..Sims 3 and 2 have wonderful weather!! Toddlers.. Pets.. babies that are actual babies.. boats..cars.. apartments (two different ways depending on the Sim version).. Story telling delore.. Supernaturals.. vacation spots.. and so much more!!!

<.< Sorry I could not resist..

City Living for me = just another pretty scene with no real game play and a whole lot of limitations.. which =.. No sale.. ka-ching
  • Options

I'm not sure if I remember this correctly, but I think the engine they use for TS4 is the exact same one they used for Sim City.

Oh my jesus, if that's the case then we really running downhill now lmao
  • Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I totally get what everyone is saying seeing most of my long time dearest friends here are builders and world creators. They were already stifled by no CAW and limited buildable areas - but this new turn of events is going to totally devastate my friends.

It was bad enough they lacked on the life states - still have not brought out the real supernaturals - then no map building and no lot adding - now no apts. What next big NO will we get zapped with? I just don't get why they are doing this to this very beloved franchise?

Very true, the sims 4 is scary right now...and the crazy part is they're trying to blind everyone with the other things that's in the pack...

However, I do think the reason why apartments in the sims 2 was popular was because it was everything the pack was suppose to be and lived up to it's title....at the end of the day city life is...city life...they shouldn't have added apartments and just made an apartment pack on its own.
  • Options

Very true, the sims 4 is scary right now...and the crazy part is they're trying to blind everyone with the other things that's in the pack...

However, I do think the reason why apartments in the sims 2 was popular was because it was everything the pack was suppose to be and lived up to it's title....at the end of the day city life is...city life...they shouldn't have added apartments and just made an apartment pack on its own.

For me all the other stuff was just that stuff. I did not like the overly loud and eye sore clothes I was seeing, the furniture I did note doesn't do a thing for me. The festivals? Na-da.. The filth, apartments, and elevators is what perked my interest. The worlds are shallow and have a lot of flat scenes.. So the world also meant na-da to me (more of the same just a different flat view)..
  • Options
    gamekitten wrote: »

For me all the other stuff was just that stuff. I did not like the overly loud and eye sore clothes I was seeing, the furniture I did note doesn't do a thing for me. The festivals? Na-da.. The filth, apartments, and elevators is what perked my interest. The worlds are shallow and have a lot of flat scenes.. So the world also meant na-da to me (more of the same just a different flat view)..

Yeah, as LGR stated just a whole lot of set dressing lol.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited September 2016
    1- Apartments are shells that you cannot build like in TS2
    2- The shells cannot be placed in other worlds!!
    3- There is a loading screen to visit your neighbors unlike TS2!
    4- Only one shell in the world that has 4 apartments, rest (I think they are few) will have 2 or 3

And the apartments is supposed to be the main feature of this EP??

Like how Apartment Life was the last EP for the Sims 2 I hope City Living will be the last EP for The Sims 4.
    This is coming from someone who loves the The Sims 4 but very very upset with this superficial direction.

I reached to a stage that I don't mind it if the whole franchise is shut down forever.

I hoping a competitor comes through with a similar sim game kind of like how city skylines vs simscity lol

Same here.. I think 1,2 years left... on Maxis rights to sims.. not sure.. I hope only 1 year... and then finally competition:))

Unfortunately not - technically they have protection on the Sims for 95+ years more or less.

As see:

The term of copyright for video games is no different than those of other media in the United states.

Most popular video games are works of corporate authorship and have copyrights that will expire 95 years from publication or 120 years from creation, whichever expires first.

Please see precise details of copyright terms at the Cornell link, below.

http://copyright.cornell….edu/resources/publicdomain.cfm

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member

@Writin_Reg ^^^THIS^^^
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • Options
    Unfortunately not - technically they have protection on the Sims for 95 years more or less.

sims specifically, not life simulation as a whole. So expect Cims, Zims and Wims. Because why not? :)
  • Options
    Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member

Oh my jesus, if that's the case then we really running downhill now lmao

It's not. Glass box was made exclusively for Simcity.