Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No Apartment Building?

Comments

• Options
    emtheelfemtheelf Posts: 49 Member
    No chance of me building my home town like I wanted. So disappointed, it really devalues the pack to me. Just more community type stuff, chatting to people, partying and whatever. The apartments are cool and I like that different apartments add value to different things... but I just wanted to make my own, you know?? Not just have what EA gave me but have my own thing.
    Forever in love with the Sims 2 :)
  • Options
    libra_stylelibra_style Posts: 1,229 Member
    NatKingSim wrote: »
    So it appears as though we won't be able to build apartments simmers.... I'm depressed now.

I want to be positive guys but I was really hoping to build my own apartment and such and I've so many simmers create apartments for sims but now we can't use them unless you just have your family in them....

simsvip.com/2016/09/20/sims-4-city-living-apartments-exclusive-san-myshuno/

Sorry if this was already posted. :(

Oh no! How can they do that?!

I have no clue, but i guess we just have to deal with it
  • Options
    teaa5teaa5 Posts: 1,407 Member
    Also I forgot to add something - all those apartment builds Simmers like TheSimSupply and Deligracy made are absolutely useless apart from imagining that you're living in an apartment now.

If we can't even build apartments outside of the new world then TS4's marketing team might want to change the game's slogan from "You Rule!" to "You Rule Within The Rules Set By Our Game's Limited Engine" but I guess it wouldn't be as catchy.

I have 4 apartments waiting for City Life expansion in my library... Now they are useless...
    00.jpg

Origin ID : kateteaa Twitter: MunchPumpkins
    Sims 3 wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=teaa5
    Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
  • Options
    Piperbird wrote: »
    This is actually a huge reason I still only have the base game (besides being totally broke). Almost every pack that has come out looked interesting, but then once more info came out, it just seemed like a huge disappointment. It seems like they keep giving us ALMOST what everyone was wanting, but just enough to be heartbreaking.

Yeah I totally understand what you mean, I just brought dine out because I heard good things about it, but I'm not going to continue to just throw my money at EA like here you go even though I don't like what's out there lol
  • Options
    emtheelf wrote: »
    No chance of me building my home town like I wanted. So disappointed, it really devalues the pack to me. Just more community type stuff, chatting to people, partying and whatever. The apartments are cool and I like that different apartments add value to different things... but I just wanted to make my own, you know?? Not just have what EA gave me but have my own thing.

I totally get it, I'm not even a builder but I love building things in the sims even if it doesn't come out right, it's the be able to do it type thing I love so much.
  • Options
    Also I forgot to add something - all those apartment builds Simmers like TheSimSupply and Deligracy made are absolutely useless apart from imagining that you're living in an apartment now.

If we can't even build apartments outside of the new world then TS4's marketing team might want to change the game's slogan from "You Rule!" to "You Rule Within The Rules Set By Our Game's Limited Engine!" but I guess it wouldn't be as catchy.

Yes and they were so beautiful too, I was like oh yes my sims are going to love this, but I guess just my sim family is going to like with their own growing family...if I continue to play
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    So far EA didn't let us have toddies... Now they are limiting apartments to one world.... next.. I think they should only introduce two seasons.. Like summer and winter.. why 4, when you can have 2 instead. For pets.. lets mishmash.. cat's rear with dog's head...for University - studying at home;) - that actually would be interesting although I prefer my sims to travel to actual University world... what else? And they excuse to all: engine is limited:P So lets cut on everything;)
    Post edited by teaa5 on
    00.jpg

Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited September 2016

According to Daniel he said they had to do it this way as it couldn't be done in Sims 4's build mode.

ETA - You know this "switch" to how the Sims 4 is built may have a lot to do as to why they suddenly became more interested in the I Play You tubers than the builders they always previously invited to events in all the former Sims games.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    1- Apartments are shells that you cannot build like in TS2
    2- The shells cannot be placed in other worlds!!
    3- There is a loading screen to visit your neighbors unlike TS2!
    4- Only one shell in the world that has 4 apartments, rest (I think they are few) will have 2 or 3

And the apartments is supposed to be the main feature of this EP??

Like how Apartment Life was the last EP for the Sims 2 I hope City Living will be the last EP for The Sims 4.
    This is coming from someone who loves the The Sims 4 but very very upset with this superficial direction.

I reached to a stage that I don't mind it if the whole franchise is shut down forever.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    Well, that settles that. Do not need any reviews or waiting, this will be the first pack I will not buy. And from the looks of it and how they are putting very limited ways to play even with EP.. I'm done. When older games can do it, there should be absolutely no reason it can not be done today. I am weak when it comes to Sims.. but I think they have crossed the line and I can not accept paying a high price for a limited EP. The festivals did not mean anything to me to begin with, since there is no weather. I was interested in the apartment aspect of the pack and the elevators. I can not understand how limited this game has become, when the previous series is older and did wonderful things with a lot of gameplay. I simply can not understand this.
  • Options
    Wasting_NightWasting_Night Posts: 800 Member
    edited September 2016
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

According to Daniel he said they had to do it this way as it couldn't be done in Sims 4's build mode.

But I thought the new build mode was supposed to be Tactile™ and Intuitive™? Are you implying that the reason why they couldn't do apartments outside of the new world was because the engine they're using which is a Great Foundation For the Future™ couldn't handle it?
  • Options
    emtheelfemtheelf Posts: 49 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

I understand the limitations but for me it's just not enough. I'd rather not have the pack at all in some ways than have the pack and be so limited I'll just be reminded of what I can't do all the time. I'm sure it'll still be fun for those players who hadn't planned on building anything though. Just really bummed, this was the first pack I was actually excited for and this news has kinda ruined it.
    Forever in love with the Sims 2 :)
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    4- Only one shell in the world that has 4 apartments, rest (I think they are few) will have 2 or 3

Like how Apartment Life was the last EP for the Sims 2 I hope City Living will be the last EP for The Sims 4.
    This is coming from someone who loves the The Sims 4 but very very upset with this superficial direction.

I reached to a stage that I don't mind it if the whole franchise is shut down forever.

I hoping a competitor comes through with a similar sim game kind of like how city skylines vs simscity lol
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    edited September 2016

I hoping a competitor comes through with a similar sim game kind of like how city skylines vs simscity lol

That is the only hope now. I have no hope that something good will be coming from this company again.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I thought sims 4 was supposed to be an advanced version of sims. Obviously not.
  • Options
    Wasting_NightWasting_Night Posts: 800 Member

If we can't even build apartments outside of the new world then TS4's marketing team might want to change the game's slogan from "You Rule!" to "You Rule Within The Rules Set By Our Game's Limited Engine!" but I guess it wouldn't be as catchy.

Yes and they were so beautiful too, I was like oh yes my sims are going to love this, but I guess just my sim family is going to like with their own growing family...if I continue to play

This is the reason why I don't do builds of stuff that the game can't officially support yet. I guess all those apartment ideas I have in my head are gonna remain as ideas.
  • Options
    uo_aaronjduo_aaronjd Posts: 425 Member
    As one of the "Toddler crowd" I feel your pain, welcome to our world
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    teaa5 wrote: »
    So far EA didn't let us have toddies... Now they are limiting apartments to one world.... next.. I think they should only introduce two seasons.. Like summer and winter.. why 4, when you can have 2 instead. For pets.. lets mishmash.. cat's rear with dog's head...for University - studying at home;) - that actually would be interesting although I prefer my sims to travel to actual University world... what else?

I think you're right, sadly. There will be a winter wonderland and a tropical paradise, probably both vacation worlds.
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    Piperbird wrote: »
    This is actually a huge reason I still only have the base game (besides being totally broke). Almost every pack that has come out looked interesting, but then once more info came out, it just seemed like a huge disappointment. It seems like they keep giving us ALMOST what everyone was wanting, but just enough to be heartbreaking.

Yeah. Sad. It is heartbreaking. They blow up the balloon for us while we're watching with all of the circus music playing in the background and their pancake-slathered clown faces smeared with a grin... and just before it bursts, they let it squeal out in one long shrill deflate... right in our faces... and then they all climb back into the clown car and disappear with a single, sad clown, raspy horn honk... and then we don't hear from them for weeks or months until the next round of calliope melodies start playing and the clown car comes chugging back around to entertain the "influencers."

Just more and more, it looks like smoke and mirrors. I think there might be parties within Maxis that would like to give us awesome, but they just can't because their hands are tied. Oh well, maybe some day...
  • Options
    SeamoanSeamoan Posts: 1,323 Member
    Expected, but still disappointing.

If someone is out there taking notes for the next iteration of this game, please put me down as a player that enjoys world building, terrain tools, using foundations in creative ways and building and/or approving every single lot in my world. These particular limitations on world building in Sims 4 are a deal breaker for me after what's been offered in past versions.

/opinion logged
  • Options
    I thought sims 4 was supposed to be an advanced version of sims. Obviously not.

Oh yes because it's like never before still...lol. I remember I first heard the rumors of sims 4 I was so happy and saw the trailer I was super excited....got the real game was like what cluck is this lol...I mean my sims looked good but kept getting tricked with the scenery and cars and such lol
  • Options

Same here.. I think 1,2 years left... on Maxis rights to sims.. not sure.. I hope only 1 year... and then finally competition:))
    00.jpg

• Options

This is the reason why I don't do builds of stuff that the game can't officially support yet. I guess all those apartment ideas I have in my head are gonna remain as ideas.

so sad :(