Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CL: More info on neighbours

Comments

• Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    I am really happy we can add our own families to the same apartment blocks, imagine the love stories we can create!
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    I am really happy we can add our own families to the same apartment blocks, imagine the love stories we can create!

That's so much what I was hoping for! Children who grew up in the hallways together, moving up in the world together.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Sweet_ItalySweet_Italy Posts: 898 Member
    Omgsh, there's so much going on, I can't keep up. Can someone telepathically just give me all this new info?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    I don't care about not being able to build apartments either, and I'm not really bothered about not having apartments in other worlds since all worlds are connected. Maybe one day I might think oh I wish I could place an apartment block in X-world though. But I am really sad for those who this was a big issue for. :cry:
  • Options
    Omgsh, there's so much going on, I can't keep up. Can someone telepathically just give me all this new info?

Lol. I'm going to go turn the internet off, I think! I just took a couple of hours off I maybe shouldn't have.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    I asked if we can switch between them like in normal worlds and he says yes!

This is some great news to hear. It's unfortunate that we cannot build our own apartments, but the fact apartments will come with 4 units we can play in, both actively or just for visiting purposes, will certainly be very useful.

I think, in the end, will have very unique, interesting apartments full of fun features and life-sim gameplay, but it will come at with a cost. How big that cost is depends on how you play the game.
  • Options
    simslover1145simslover1145 Posts: 304 Member
    All this sounds great!! We were disappointed too early. Cannot wait to play the EP :D

We only can't bulid our own apartments (which I do not care about that much), but everything else looks amazing. I am finally relieved after hearing these pieces of information. I cannot wait to play! :D
    Starry-Night-Over-The-Rhone.jpg?ts=1459229076
  • Options
    lejoninnalejoninna Posts: 4,287 Member
    JM said there is 1 building with 4 units, others are smaller .-.
  • Options
    Sweet_ItalySweet_Italy Posts: 898 Member

Lol. I'm going to go turn the internet off, I think! I just took a couple of hours off I maybe shouldn't have.

I wish i could just turn the internet off and walk away until someone posts a thread with all of this new info in one place... But it's like I'm addicted, why can't I turn it off!? Help!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    LawlzimaqtLawlzimaqt Posts: 81 Member
    Can someone tell me if roommates are confirmed yet ?
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Lawlzimaqt wrote: »

Yup, roommates have been confirmed. They can help with the rent.
  • Options
    kaanvardar99kaanvardar99 Posts: 134 Member
    edited September 2016
    I don't care about not being able to build apartments either, and I'm not really bothered about not having apartments in other worlds since all worlds are connected. Maybe one day I might think oh I wish I could place an apartment block in X-world though. But I am really sad for those who this was a big issue for. :cry:

I'm not interested in building apartments too but ugh! Limitations in this game are killing me. :neutral:
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member

I think so, in fact it was part of the blog. Well, they called them roommates but they might really be just normal controllable members of your household
  • Options
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

what?? where?
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    Wait, we need a loading screen within an apartment? Or did I read that wrong.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    lejoninna wrote: »

what?? where?

Apartments are snug, especially if your Sims are sharing it with a few roommates! On one hand, roommates help pay for the rent, but on the other, there’s no room!

In the blog https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/news/sims-4-city-living-apartments
  • Options
    LawlzimaqtLawlzimaqt Posts: 81 Member

I thought they were. Just wanted to check. Thank you.
  • Options
    IngeJones wrote: »
    lejoninna wrote: »

what?? where?

Apartments are snug, especially if your Sims are sharing it with a few roommates! On one hand, roommates help pay for the rent, but on the other, there’s no room!

In the blog https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/news/sims-4-city-living-apartments

real roomates? or just having lots of sims in on apartment? i feel like they would count that as roomates
  • Options
    simslover1145simslover1145 Posts: 304 Member
    edited September 2016

I wish i could just turn the internet off and walk away until someone posts a thread with all of this new info in one place... But it's like I'm addicted, why can't I turn it off!? Help!

Well I turned off the internet for a few minutes and then came back to a flow of information. I cannot decide which threads to open, whose twitter page to follow up so I am keeping them all opened in a huge queue at the top of my web browser. There are just too many things to catch up with lol!
    Post edited by simslover1145 on
    Starry-Night-Over-The-Rhone.jpg?ts=1459229076
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,459 Member
    Looking at all the good things the gurus are twittering, the marketing and video team has really ruined this trailer.
  • Options
    bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    edited September 2016
    Wait, we need a loading screen within an apartment? Or did I read that wrong.

Apparently each apartment is considered as a different lot, because you have to go through a loading screen if you want to visit the neighbor next door. :weary:
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited September 2016
    But the builders are feeling awfully left behind. Sometimes I feel like we oughta have $80 EPs that can include All The Things.

Um, didn't Sims 2 Apartment Life had more freedom for builders with this aspect (apartments)?

Feeling disappointed about the loading screens and the apartments being only in one world.I'm not a builder, though, so the building aspect didn't phase me.

However, this EP does feel more restricting than past games and EPs...

So, from what I can see so far:

Good: -we can put in playable families.
    -roommates
    -Certain things happening in apartments like rats and ghosts and electricity going off, etc.

Bad: - Only in one world
    - Can't build--shells???
    -Loading screens
    -Maybe limited amount of units or space??

Undecided (can go either way, depending on how it's: handled and a simmers' playstyles): -Traits?

So a 2014 game (or 2016 EP) can't do what a really old game and its EPs did?
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    I've asked about room mates on Twitter, so hopefully we'll see a response!
  • Options
    IngeJones wrote: »

I think so, in fact it was part of the blog. Well, they called them roommates but they might really be just normal controllable members of your household

This is one of the things I reaaaallly want to hear more about. I'd love to see a return of the Possibly Awful Uncontrollable Roommate.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top