Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CL: More info on neighbours

Comments

• Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    There are going to be SO MANY EARTHQUAKES in November.

I'm swaying towards making all of my sims houses filthy. >:)

If you make Filthy Earthquake lots, I want video of the rats bouncing around

I live in a massive earthquake zone so I'm not so fond of those but thrilled they are included. But am really pleased with 'filthy'. *grin*
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    Arletta wrote: »
    I can see it in my head:

Video starts: camera pulls in to a bright sunshine filled neighbourhood.

Commentary: The residents of Oasis Springs used to be so happy

Shot of children playing in a park

Commentary: And then the earthquakes started, coincidentally, when San Myshuno was constructed. And now it is EARTHQUAKE WORLD!!

Shot of broken buildings and equipment.

I love this!!!
  • Options
    I have a feeling I'll have the cleanest city on this forum. :D

:joy:

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I am excited for all of the apartment stuff, but slightly sad that I can't have more of them in other worlds. I don't mind not building as I am terrible, but I feel like an expensive EP's main feature should be available in all worlds (like placing the apartment shells.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I wonder what happens with a filthy apartment trait. If the apartments dirty, can you clean it at al? If you can, how soon is it dirty again?
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 899 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I wonder what happens with a filthy apartment trait. If the apartments dirty, can you clean it at al? If you can, how soon is it dirty again?

I wonder on this as well. I will be starting a new game when the EP drops just to do the rags to riches thing. I will be moving into one of those cheap filthy apartments, I hope my Sim will be able to clean it up somewhat. Oh well, if not, that is just an incentive to make lots of money and move, or find and marry a rich Sim.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited September 2016
    Oh, good info here. Sounds like a lot of the things I like. Cool. I really like that we can basically redesign our apartments, that was a big thing for me. Personally not bothered we can't build them but sad for those who really wanted this feature.

I soo hope the roommates are uncontrolled.

Yes, I like that we can redesign our apartments too. & move in who we want to as neighbors. I like this level of customization.
    I'm a builder, but honestly not bothered we can't build apartments. I don't remember when we could build apartments...maybe TS2 days. But I am sad too for those that really wanted this feature. I think what's a cool feature....is the traits. We can set up to 3! Some are pre-set & locked, but we'll get some customization in that area too.

I really like the idea that I can make starter homes icky with rats etc in other worlds. I've been really wanting grungy icky content for some time. I wonder what else this pack will have. :) I do wish they would just tell us everything at once though, lol I hate the keep 'em engaged marketing strategy.

Me too!! Not sure if I understood the tweet correctly, but it said "you can set the traits on any lot; up to 3"....not sure if this mean any lot as in residential as well, or just apartments. If I'm reading that correctly, I will be so excited....as I want to set every lot in one of my worlds to have an earthquake.

It's definitely any lot across all worlds... I was just on another thread *looks around* Umm.. I'll go find it and link it here. brb.

here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15214682/#Comment_15214682

I think it's any residential or venue lots. JM said don't quote him on "all" as special venues (Jobs? Bluffs?) might be excluded due to built in coding.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I wonder if there are any specialty lots in San Myshuno like the three in Windenburg?
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    So unfortunately roommates are just a relationship status like they've always been. I was hoping we could find a non-controllable roommate who would help pay the rent. :neutral:

• Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I wonder if there are any specialty lots in San Myshuno like the three in Windenburg?

I hope so! Like a beach or a quiet lakeside sanctuary away from the hustle of the city but with a killer view of the skyline in the distance!
  • Options
    poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    So unfortunately roommates are just a relationship status like they've always been. I was hoping we could find a non-controllable roommate who would help pay the rent. :neutral:

This makes me sad.
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member

It's possible to play without controlling everyone in a household. The Asylum and ISBI challenges are based on that.

• Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,417 Member
    MVWdeZT wrote: »

It's possible to play without controlling everyone in a household. The Asylum and ISBI challenges are based on that.

For me the important point about roommates would be that they would have their separate funds. I think that's pretty much what the self built apartments are now missing.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member

You can always use regular roommates, get them a job (if they don't already have one) and leave them to their own devices. It's not perfect, but it helps pay the rent.
  • Options
    poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »

You can always use regular roommates, get them a job (if they don't already have one) and leave them to their own devices. It's not perfect, but it helps pay the rent.

I agree with you and @MVWdeZT . I've done the asylum challenges and I love to do them! I was just hoping for a different kind of roommate. It's not horrible, just a little disappointed.
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    Oh well. I'll just keep doing the add to household thing, then. I imagine that other than fund issues, it wouldn't be hugely different from playing with autonomy on anyway. BUT... I do think that word shouldn't have been used.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    edited September 2016
    Okay, I didn't know some of this* info and even I have to admit that some of the things in this EP are making me want to overlook some of the cons I have with it. Which is a first for me... I feel a flicker of something deep inside. PEPS, is that you? O_o

I don't like being this conflicted, I'm not entirely sure how to respond to this EP now. I need to think.

--T

*typo
  • Options
    simslover1145simslover1145 Posts: 304 Member
    I am a little bit sad that roommates are not npc sims, but I still hope we will get some special interactions. However, we will be getting news weekly about this EP so there must be plenty of things to be revealed which makes me really excited!
    Starry-Night-Over-The-Rhone.jpg?ts=1459229076
  • Options
    Oh, good info here. Sounds like a lot of the things I like. Cool. I really like that we can basically redesign our apartments, that was a big thing for me. Personally not bothered we can't build them but sad for those who really wanted this feature.

I soo hope the roommates are uncontrolled.

Yes, I like that we can redesign our apartments too. & move in who we want to as neighbors. I like this level of customization.
    I'm a builder, but honestly not bothered we can't build apartments. I don't remember when we could build apartments...maybe TS2 days. But I am sad too for those that really wanted this feature. I think what's a cool feature....is the traits. We can set up to 3! Some are pre-set & locked, but we'll get some customization in that area too.

I really like the idea that I can make starter homes icky with rats etc in other worlds. I've been really wanting grungy icky content for some time. I wonder what else this pack will have. :) I do wish they would just tell us everything at once though, lol I hate the keep 'em engaged marketing strategy.

Me too!! Not sure if I understood the tweet correctly, but it said "you can set the traits on any lot; up to 3"....not sure if this mean any lot as in residential as well, or just apartments. If I'm reading that correctly, I will be so excited....as I want to set every lot in one of my worlds to have an earthquake.

It's definitely any lot across all worlds... I was just on another thread *looks around* Umm.. I'll go find it and link it here. brb.

here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15214682/#Comment_15214682

I think it's any residential or venue lots. JM said don't quote him on "all" as special venues (Jobs? Bluffs?) might be excluded due to built in coding.

Yes..true... thanks for pointing that out. I'll edit my original post. :+1:

• Options
    papersuitcasepapersuitcase Posts: 838 Member

No roommates either? Ugh!Half the fun of apartments is finding roommates in the newspaper and seeing who shows up. I can't understand not including a roommate system with apartments.
  • Options
    To7m wrote: »
    Okay, I didn't know some of this* info and even I have to admit that some of the things in this EP are making me want to overlook some of the cons I have with it. Which is a first for me... I feel a flicker of something deep inside. PEPS, is that you? O_o

I don't like being this conflicted, I'm not entirely sure how to respond to this EP now. I need to think.

--T

*typo

Come ooooverrr to theeee daaarrk siiiide...

• Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

This is wonderful news <3 I can't wait to place my teenage households in their own house!
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    edited September 2016

--T

*typo

Haha... it's tempting. I cannot lie.

--T

ETA: NO! You must be strong To7mas! Somebody tie me up or something.
  • Options

--T

*typo

--T

Dooooo eeeeeet.

Yeah, I'm being very tempted at the moment. :) I can already see soooo many potential stories from using the lot traits.

• Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member

--T

*typo

--T

ETA: NO! You must be strong To7mas! Somebody tie me up or something.

We has elephants on the dark side. Cookies weren't selling it anymore.

I couldn't resist

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top