Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CL: More info on neighbours

Comments

• Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    To7m wrote: »
    Okay, I didn't know some of this* info and even I have to admit that some of the things in this EP are making me want to overlook some of the cons I have with it. Which is a first for me... I feel a flicker of something deep inside. PEPS, is that you? O_o

I don't like being this conflicted, I'm not entirely sure how to respond to this EP now. I need to think.

--T

*typo

Come ooooverrr to theeee daaarrk siiiide...

Haha... it's tempting. I cannot lie.

--T

Dooooo eeeeeet.

Yeah, I'm being very tempted at the moment. :) I can already see soooo many potential stories from using the lot traits.

Me too, me too! I almost squealed at the idea of the cursed/haunted one. Like, full of squeal. /cringe

My heart can't take it.

--T
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    *tugs on the rope* Come on in @To7m you know you want toooo
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    Okay, I didn't know some of this* info and even I have to admit that some of the things in this EP are making me want to overlook some of the cons I have with it. Which is a first for me... I feel a flicker of something deep inside. PEPS, is that you? O_o

I don't like being this conflicted, I'm not entirely sure how to respond to this EP now. I need to think.

--T

*typo

--T

Dooooo eeeeeet.

Yeah, I'm being very tempted at the moment. :) I can already see soooo many potential stories from using the lot traits.

I know! I'm tempted too, because of the lot traits.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • Options
    Arletta wrote: »

--T

*typo

--T

ETA: NO! You must be strong To7mas! Somebody tie me up or something.

We has elephants on the dark side. Cookies weren't selling it anymore.

I couldn't resist

Haha okay this made me LOL for real.

Elephants or cookies though, you guys, you don't know what you're doing to me. Two of my five most favourite things ever. (Yes I have five. I couldn't decide lol)

--T
  • Options
    ikr... darn devs... tempting us with such juicy morsels. Honestly!! ;)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options

No, stop it haha!!

Okay I'm leaving now lol.

--T
  • Options

No, stop it haha!!

--T

No, stay. Tell us more about your other three fav things, I'm curious now!

• Options
    Seriously though, I don't know what to do. The Sims Fanboy in me is telling me to GO, GO, GO, BUY, BUY, BUY but the logical part of me is saying it's not going to fix no toddlers and culling.

Hello rock and very hard stone :(

--T
  • Options
    edited September 2016

No, stop it haha!!

--T

No, stay. Tell us more about your other three fav things, I'm curious now!

You really want to know? Weeellllll, to refrain from taking this way off topic I'll keep it quick;

1. My dog
    2. My job (no lie)
    3. Elephants
    4. Chocolate Chip Cookies**
    5. Anything supernatural or magical lol.

--T

**typo Although I DO love chocolate I love cookies more. Added the 'chip cookie bit' *facepalm*
  • Options
    Seriously though, I don't know what to do. The Sims Fanboy in me is telling me to GO, GO, GO, BUY, BUY, BUY but the logical part of me is saying it's not going to fix no toddlers and culling.

--T

You've got some weeks to go though so no pressure to make a decision. And even then you can wait to see some play throughs etc. Besides there will be more info coming out in the future weeks to that might seal the deal or break it kinda thing. :)

• Options

--T

You've got some weeks to go though so no pressure to make a decision. And even then you can wait to see some play throughs etc. Besides there will be more info coming out in the future weeks to that might seal the deal or break it kinda thing. :)

That's true! *exhales and slows down*

--T
  • Options

--T

--T

Nice :+1:

I'm so jelly now of your favs list. Not many people can say hand on heart number 2. (Unless I just happen to know a lot of peeps who aren't in love with their work, always a possibility!)

• Options

--T

--T

Nice :+1:

I'm so jelly now of your favs list. Not many people can say hand on heart number 2. (Unless I just happen to know a lot of peeps who aren't in love with their work, always a possibility!)

I never used to until I started doing this work. I jumped from job to job (usually retail/customer service work as it's easy to get into and I'm good at it or driving/delivery work)

Then I kind of fell into the work I do now, the dog day care, and it took off from there been doing it 4 years now... I honestly do love it.

Luth, please don't kill me for going off topic. I shush now lol.

--T
  • Options
    XoxNicolexoXXoxNicolexoX Posts: 119 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    So unfortunately roommates are just a relationship status like they've always been. I was hoping we could find a non-controllable roommate who would help pay the rent. :neutral:

Honestly they're so lazy for that lol
    rsz_simsgurunicole.png
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    So unfortunately roommates are just a relationship status like they've always been. I was hoping we could find a non-controllable roommate who would help pay the rent. :neutral:

It's possible to play without controlling everyone in a household. The Asylum and ISBI challenges are based on that.

It might be like the roommate feature in TS3. If you have TS3 University you can put up an ad for a roommate and get an NPC.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    edited September 2016

It's possible to play without controlling everyone in a household. The Asylum and ISBI challenges are based on that.

It might be like the roommate feature in TS3. If you have TS3 University you can put up an ad for a roommate and get an NPC.

You can't. Confirmed that roommates are just the base game relationship.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/900380/so-apparently-roommates-are-part-of-the-active-family#latest

• Options

--T

Sort of feel like you but at the moment I'm just too skeptical of what something looks like and what it really is. I'm all too aware that many times trailers look much better than what is really possible.

The idea of earthquakes is fun, but what will be the result? Just a minimal screen shake?

The idea of traits is original but will they be any more effective than Sim traits are? Some traits for some apartments are locked, but can I give any apartment the bad traits?

Yesterday I saw one of the devs say that the inside of apartments can be redone but some things like the electrical panels can't moved. Does that mean I can't use things like the bad electrical or leaky pipes in my own builds?

Is the camera bounce going to be fixed? If not penthouses are useless to me.

I have to wait and see what info comes out because I'm just too skeptical right now.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member

--T

Sort of feel like you but at the moment I'm just too skeptical of what something looks like and what it really is. I'm all too aware that many times trailers look much better than what is really possible.

The idea of earthquakes is fun, but what will be the result? Just a minimal screen shake?

The idea of traits is original but will they be any more effective than Sim traits are? Some traits for some apartments are locked, but can I give any apartment the bad traits?

Yesterday I saw one of the devs say that the inside of apartments can be redone but some things like the electrical panels can't moved. Does that mean I can't use things like the bad electrical or leaky pipes in my own builds?

I have to wait and see what info comes out because I'm just too skeptical right now.
    Yeah, this pack is a pretty heavy mix of things I absolutely must have and things I don't care for at all (particularly everything that's happened with apartments)

I might still buy it, but only at half price.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    Just leaving this here:

29541630610_10b4306a6f_n.jpg

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/900380/so-apparently-roommates-are-part-of-the-active-family#latest

All that tweet does is verify what I already know. Sims have been able to have roommates since the beginning. It doesn't rule out NPC roommates. I don't assume anything is a given with TS4. Like I said I'm in wait and see mode.
  • Options
    poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member

You got me thinking with this! Now I'm super curious if we can put electric boxes and plumbing pipes in our houses. If so that might be a slight nod to builders. I know it's not being able to build apartments, but it could make for some interesting houses. They may be apartment specific though. I'll be keeping my eye out for word on that.
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    Just leaving this here:

29541630610_10b4306a6f_n.jpg

Yum!
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    lmkiturelmkiture Posts: 1,206 Member

All that tweet does is verify what I already know. Sims have been able to have roommates since the beginning. It doesn't rule out NPC roommates. I don't assume anything is a given with TS4. Like I said I'm in wait and see mode.

You sound like me yesterday right after the trailer/news came out, I was like nothings confirmed/denied yet. Although I think that more so confirms no npc roommates, but it could definitely be clarified more. You can always clarify more.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member

I read it in context as saying there wasn't a new roommate system.

Q:

A:
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options

I read it in context as saying there wasn't a new roommate system.

Q:

A:

Like I said I don't assume anything this time around. I wait for some kind of answer from the devs.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top