Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

LEAKED FIRST EP3 SCREENSHOT!

Comments

• Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Jerrello wrote: »
    Figures I do not see a single Vampire in there, go figure, Blah!!
    The survey shows that vampires are not planned for the City EP. They will indeed come in the Supernatural EP. If they continue to follow the survey as exactly as in the past, Fame and Supernatural will be the next EPs after City Life.

A supernatural EP wasn't even on the survey unfortunately, their thinking more superheroes this time which is the corniest thing in the world for sims. Smh.

Yes it was. can't link on the smartphone at the moment. The survey is on Honeywells Blog.

Not with vampires, witches,werewolves, or fairies. Any proof is welcome.

There is one, but include only vampires:

SUPERNATURAL

Explore the mysterious world of the Supernatural where you’ll be able to create vampires, elementals, or even supernatural friends to help you around the house. You’ll also be able to discover mysterious run stones that allow you to control the elements. However, be careful how your Sims live, or the dead may return as mischievous spirits to torment your Sims and their emotions.

Details/Features

Vampires: Play as a vampire where you can stalk, charm, or persuade other Sims to do as you wish.
    Spirits: Spirits will haunt and take over unsuspecting Sims and objects, creating surprising stories for all.
    Elementals: Play as a Sim that has the power over one of the four natural elements: Fire, Water, Earth, or Wind.
    Assemble A Monster: Discover how to assemble your very own monster and bring it to life.
    Rune Collections: Collect runes, learn their secrets, and use them to control the elements.
    Added Customization: Customize your Sims’ appearances in new ways by adjusting their fingernails and fangs, editing their tattoos, and customizing visual effects that your Sims get to bask in.

Knowing this team they will just make every sim magical, like in Sims 1, where everyone can perform magic :(

I remember the elementals, but I don't recall anything on vampires, etc. Do you have a direct link to this?

Link:
    http://honeywellsims4news.tumblr.com/post/99622253626/the-sims-4-expansion-pack-survey-theres-a-new
    And photo from SimsVIP:
    [img][/img]15302851349_b533c260de_b.jpgunnamed (29) by SimsVIP, on Flickr
    This is something that I'm extremely interested in having in the game. And I'm hoping that this gets added soon. :)<3

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Figures I do not see a single Vampire in there, go figure, Blah!!
    The survey shows that vampires are not planned for the City EP. They will indeed come in the Supernatural EP. If they continue to follow the survey as exactly as in the past, Fame and Supernatural will be the next EPs after City Life.

A supernatural EP wasn't even on the survey unfortunately, their thinking more superheroes this time which is the corniest thing in the world for sims. Smh.

Yes it was. can't link on the smartphone at the moment. The survey is on Honeywells Blog.

Not with vampires, witches,werewolves, or fairies. Any proof is welcome.

There is one, but include only vampires:

SUPERNATURAL

Explore the mysterious world of the Supernatural where you’ll be able to create vampires, elementals, or even supernatural friends to help you around the house. You’ll also be able to discover mysterious run stones that allow you to control the elements. However, be careful how your Sims live, or the dead may return as mischievous spirits to torment your Sims and their emotions.

Details/Features

Vampires: Play as a vampire where you can stalk, charm, or persuade other Sims to do as you wish.
    Spirits: Spirits will haunt and take over unsuspecting Sims and objects, creating surprising stories for all.
    Elementals: Play as a Sim that has the power over one of the four natural elements: Fire, Water, Earth, or Wind.
    Assemble A Monster: Discover how to assemble your very own monster and bring it to life.
    Rune Collections: Collect runes, learn their secrets, and use them to control the elements.
    Added Customization: Customize your Sims’ appearances in new ways by adjusting their fingernails and fangs, editing their tattoos, and customizing visual effects that your Sims get to bask in.

Knowing this team they will just make every sim magical, like in Sims 1, where everyone can perform magic :(

There was also a "Wizards" pack and a "Magic University" pack in a survey at one point, so I think they've considered single-supernatural packs as an option as well.

I remember those from the survey, but I don't see how the one is going to work without the other. If I don't have the wizards pack who am I gonna send to this university?

I think they were in completely separate surveys about a year apart. So, playing with different ways of providing a supernatural, I guess?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    edited September 2016
    those things i hope not ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww to any vampires unless they include an option to fully turn off those things that i clearly never went to see in game and i plan on adding city life but no to vampires
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited September 2016
    Penelope wrote: »
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    The first meeting for City Life LEAKED
    19xzgl.jpg

Cultural festivals and basketball are very common in big cities. You've apparently never been in a city before. Nicely-done comic strip, though.

Yup. On Monday my city had a Caribbean Festival, which occurs every year, 150,000 people attended. Its the oldest of its kind in Europe. These types of events occur in almost every big city, and they are what make cities so interesting and vibrant.

I hope apartments are more like TS2 than TS3 though.
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    [/s]
    *looks around her city*
    *sees cultural festivals almost every weekend year-round*
    *notes all the basketball hoops even in this non-American city*
    *wonders what on earth people think happens in cities anyway*

Well, Canada started basketball. So despite popular belief, basketball is Canadian and not American. That's why they have the Raptors. America just stole the show...
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    edited September 2016
    19xzgl.jpg

Cultural festivals and basketball are very common in big cities. You've apparently never been in a city before. Nicely-done comic strip, though.

Common? Not so much, I've been to Paris for 2 months, haven't heard of any cultural festivals. Been to Madrid, again none. Been to Barcelona too, again none. Been to...look do I really need to continue anymore? As for basketball, of course there are in gyms and gyms, but not where you normally walk and hang out (unless we are talking about urban areas). So yea....
    Post edited by Wulfsimmer on
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I guess you have been at the wrong time. All of these cities have different cultural festivals!
  • Options
    PrettyOddPrettyOdd Posts: 63 Member
    I've been to Paris for 2 months, haven't heard of any cultural festivals. Been to Madrid, again none. Been to Barcelona too, again none. Been to...look do I really need to continue anymore?

Funny, I've been to both Paris and Barcelona and there were always festivals going on! :)
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited September 2016
    Well, apparently cities don't celebrate cultural festivals, because apparently the culture of the city isn't at all important. So obviously we should strip out any relation to a culture of a city because, pfft, not like cities ever have any of those things ever. And Basketball? What cities play basketball anymore, it's not like various cities have their own basketball teams, and that basketball is one of the most common sports played in cities, right? So obviously they did the wrong things, because we can obviously tell what's in this EP just from a 4 point bullet list, single tiny screenshot of a map, a render, and one blurry screenshot that barely even shows anything in the pack. So glad that people are able to completely analyze and understand every single detail and thing about this EP from these minutes leaks of information...

/s

But seriously, you can't wait until the trailer comes until you start calling it plum? If you think it's gonna be terrible before the thing is even announced, then you're gonna think it's terrible when the actual trailer comes out.

Well, either that or do a complete 180 and say that it's an amazing pack with everything you could've dreamed of! But we don't talk about those people here so Shhhh...
    Post edited by HIFreeBirdIH on
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    Well, apparently cities don't celebrate cultural festivals, because apparently the culture of the city isn't at all important. So obviously we should strip out any relation to a culture of a city because, pfft, not like cities ever have any of those things ever. And Basketball? What cities play basketball anymore, it's not like various cities have their own basketball teams, and that basketball is one of the most common sports played in cities, right? So obviously they did the wrong things, because we can obviously tell what's in this EP just from a 4 point bullet list, single tiny screenshot of a map, a render, and one blurry screenshot that barely even shows anything in the pack. So glad that people are able to completely analyze and understand every single detail and thing about this EP from these minutes leaks of information...

But seriously, you can't wait until the trailer comes until you start calling it plum? If you think it's gonna be terrible before the thing is even announced, then you're gonna think it's terrible when the actual trailer comes out.

Well, either that or do a complete 180 and say that it's an amazing pack with everything you could've dreamed of! But we don't talk about those people here so Shhhh...
    What planet have you been living on? There are many cities here in the U.S. that celebrate cultural related festivals, and have professional basketball teams.

• Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »

What planet have you been living on? There are many cities here in the U.S. that celebrate cultural related festivals, and have professional basketball teams.

It was sarcasm.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options

It was sarcasm.
    Oh Okay, didn't know that you were being sarcastic.

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

It was sarcasm.
    Oh Okay, didn't know that you were being sarcastic.

The second paragraph begins with "But seriously...". That implies that the first paragraph was not serious.
  • Options
    KeyserFnKeyserFn Posts: 1,424 Member
    Intill gurus confirm it it's fake and or speculation from fan sites why talk about it
    b96a6288-80b2-4a90-b4f2-d0ff50a849e2.jpg~original

Origin gtgirl1999
    twitter @gtgirl_99
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I hope we at least get a carousel for the festivals for Sims to ride on.
  • Options
    For a culture based festival, don't count on it.

• Options
    argos93argos93 Posts: 66 Member
    @FreezerBunnyCowplant He was clear, "keep the secret" they didn't then he left.

• Options
    PuffyPuffy Posts: 393 Member
    Oh i like this thread.
  • Options
    For a culture based festival, don't count on it.

I don't know I saw what looked like carnival lights hanging up and even Iron Seagull said a carousel maybe possible in City Life.
  • Options
    aaronjc123 wrote: »
    19xzgl.jpg

Yup. On Monday my city had a Caribbean Festival, which occurs every year, 150,000 people attended. Its the oldest of its kind in Europe. These types of events occur in almost every big city, and they are what make cities so interesting and vibrant.

I hope apartments are more like TS2 than TS3 though.

I want a combination between 2 and 3. I want apartments to function like Sims 2 were you pay rent to a landlord but I also want the highrises with balconies like we had in Sims 3 so our sims can go out on the balconies and overlook the city. TS2 had highrises but no balconies.
  • Options
    PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    edited September 2016
    By the way, when I said basketball was common in cities, I was thinking of American cities. Of course basketball might not be played everywhere. (Obviously.) Cultural festivals, though, are common in most large cities.
    I don't know I saw what looked like carnival lights hanging up and even Iron Seagull said a carousel maybe possible in City Life.

A carousel would be AMAZING. I would be throwing my money at EA for one of those that actually worked in the game.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I would love a carousel in the city park. I don't think it would be part of any festivals because they probably change the way they did in seasons.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    @Penelope I know they're in Toronto at least.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    By the way, when I said basketball was common in cities, I was thinking of American cities. Of course basketball might not be played everywhere. (Obviously.) Cultural festivals, though, are common in most large cities.

A carousel would be AMAZING. I would be throwing my money at EA for one of those that actually worked in the game.

Yes after the awesome one we got in TS3 Store from the marvolous SimGuruCopeland aka Alan Copeland.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    JasonRMJ wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I gotta say...this EP looks like absolute trash. The worst kind of apartments, tourists/cultural events, politics and basketball? Sorry but no. And it took an year to make? Just sad.

It's a mix of Apartment Life with Showtime and Nightlife with a hint of Late Night and a return of Get Together's Modern District.....
    So basically they're running out of ideas....

I don't see any performing careers so no Showtime. I never got to play Apartment Life when it came out because it never got ported to the Mac so I'd be glad to have thatin game. I don't really see Nightlife because we've already got the traditional "nightlife" venues in base game (nightclubs, lounges and bars). And it's different enough from the Modern District that I don't think you can claim they're the same.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)