Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Skymyst your gift is here!

Hi @Skymyst!

Reading your letter got me excited and a bit nervous at the same time, as you explained you like magic and I don't own supernatural. But you also said you liked a few men for in your game, so my muse started whispering ideas in my ear(and actually woke me in the middle of the night to write them down). So, I really hope you like them (I'll introduce them in my next post).

Comments

• Options
    HoplassHoplass Posts: 369 Member
    edited August 2016
    Meet the Thorne brothers!
    original.jpg

Liam is a travelling troubadour and Richard always joins his brother of his travels, keeping an eye on him.
    So, they are very close and really like pillow fights whenever they have a chance...
    Pillows_zpsxo2aoy4a.jpg

When they returned to their hometown, Richard found this strange egg...
    Screenshot-11_zpsjoylgkvi.jpg

• Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    edited August 2016
    The Thorne brothers look like a couple of manly men who aren't afraid to have a pillow fight (was too quick to post a compliment! LOL), which is always good to have in one's game ;)
  • Options
    Hahaha, it was hilarious when he started waving at that egg. Unfortunately, my picture doesn't really capture that moment
  • Options
    SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    Those pictures are lovely @Hoplass!!

I think they'll probably find their way into my Dragon Valley game ;)
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    What handsome green-skinned men. I love that one of them has a dragon. Definitely want these guys. :)
  • Options
    MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    MEN!! MUST HAVE MEN!!! *starts "sing/saying" my favorite Monty Python song (Spam - only with MEN) ....*

Men men men men men men men men... MAN-ILY MENNNNNNNNN!!!! (if you're old enough, you'll get this)

**Will stop back and rec this later**

Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Yay for pillow fighting brothers! What fun!
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Hey @Skymyst! Let's go to the second gift I made, this time it's a building.

As you probably saw in the pictures, the brothers do own a house! When their parents passed away, they left their home to Liam and Richard. Because of all the happy family memories they kept it, even though they would not be there often. Over time, Liam and Richard brought back souvenirs from their journeys, so you will find some art on the walls etc.
    Thorne%20residence_zpsxpak6gjv.jpg

At the back, I made a small gardening area because in your letter you mentioned your sims are often gardeners:
    Thorne%20back_zpstxpftcdp.jpg

downstairs there is a small kitchen, a bathroom and a living room with fireplace
    Thorne%20downstairs_zpsmnu1kwp3.jpg

And upstairs are two bedrooms, left is for Richard, right is Liam's
    Thorne%20upstairs_zpsplf0astw.jpg

I do hope you like it!
    I'm going back in game now, because a have another small gift prepaired, but I completely forgot to take pictures!
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    What a perfectly sized house! With just enough room, but not too much... this is great. I love the Tudor look.
  • Options
    Thorne Residence is perfect for Liam and Richard! This cozy 2-bedroom house has plenty of charming curb appeal and the appeal doesn't stop at the curb. Cozy, but not cramped quarters so the brothers can find their own space in which to relax and get away from one another.
  • Options
    KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    @Hoplass What a cute house!! I really like how you placed the house on the lot, off to one side, looks great. Your interiors are wonderful, I think I will have to borrow this for an empty spot in Midnight Hollow I have. :)
  • Options
    So @Skymyst as a last gift for you I made this:
    playalot_zpsjtsowp8i.jpg

download here

In your letter you wrote that you liked dragon valley. I don't know that world very well, and I've been searching for a playground or something in that world. I couldn't find one, so I decided to make one for you. I added an area for bbq and a stand for sims to buy and sell their harvest (as you mentioned you liked to garden with your sims).

Richard was having epic fun on the swing, while Liam was telling a story to the mailman about a blue orb. Or something like that...
    Well_zpsk2isuxan.jpg

After finishing his story, Liam decided he wanted to play to. I had my doubts when I saw this as the little girl is not looking happy:
    Right_zpstsmo6lvx.jpg

But in the end, no sims got hurt during the making of this gift ;)
  • Options
    Play-a-lot is a fun name for this little fun lot! So much on a 20 x 20 and it doesn't look crowded (the sims flocking here will do that! LOL). Really nice how you incorporated things for every age stage and added a cart for selling produce.
  • Options
    Thanks Addy!
  • Options
    Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
    The Thorne brothers and their house are wonderful! I love DV myself, and they will be perfect there! (In fact, I haven't visited there recently...I should fix that at some point soon, lol) Love the cute little porch/deck, and that backyard garden will sure be handy to have! And Play-a-lot is a great little park! That is something that is kinda lacking there in DV, even though there's plenty of other kinds of park-ish lots...but nowhere for the kids! And that playground set is so cute...I've always liked it. And I like how you added the lemonade stand and the market stall. Very handy!
  • Options
  • Options
    SkymystSkymyst Posts: 3,888 Member
    Oh My @Hoplass I am blown away by all of these great gifts! First of all the brothers are stunning! I love men not afraid to pillow fight! Their house is perfect, I like how you added it in the back story. I can not wait to get some time to myself to jump in game and try these guys out in my new house. These were prefect gifts so when I seen your third gift I really was not expecting anything else.

You are right there is not much for playgrounds in Dragon Valley so this is prefect! I love Liam ready to play with the little girl - you are right she does not look like she is feeling it. LOL

Thank you so very much for all of the goodies you have made me. I can really tell you took care to read my letter and add in what you can. Worry not about no supernatural I will add it in there as soon as I get it downloaded to finish making it the prefect place.
  • Options
    Pfieuw, I'm sooooo glad you like it!
  • Options
    MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    Hoplass --- I absolutely loved the house and park!! I agree with everyone; that this house is PERFECT for Dragon Valley! I will definitely be snagging these. I haven't played in DV in quite some time. These should be a treat for my game!

#WellDone
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    That house and that playground are wonderful! The house is exactly the type I usually look for when I'm downloading homes (since I seem to gravitate towards medieval worlds and games), and the playground is great!

I don't think I'd ever noticed that DV doesn't have a playground. Then again, I usually force my little Sim children to study and skill most of the time. ;) You're giving them a chance to play and be children, and that's great!

I think @Skymyst and I have similar tastes, so it's not surprising that the gifts made for her would excite me as well. :)
  • Options
    LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    Just passing through with some recs ^.^
  • Options
    EmzyDalsvidaEmzyDalsvida Posts: 15,617 Member
    These are fantastic! Beautiful decorated lots and very fun looking brothers! Rec'd and downloaded ;)
  • Options
    SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    Hoplass you did a great job! These are really lovely gifts :) the Thorne brothers, yeah, well, who wouldn't love those hunks in their game lol! And their house! Very well done. And last but not least offcourse the nice park for the kids, I love it. Was the play-a-LOT pun intended? Or did you later realize it was a lot ;)
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • Options
    Pun intended Sjappie ;)
  • Options
    XxHannelorexXXxHannelorexX Posts: 2,943 Member
    The Thorne brothers look like a fun addition to have in town and play with :) I giggled at the mention of waving at the egg!

Their home is gorgeous! Wow; love that style!

Play-a-lot is a great lot! Perfect for DV; I haven't played in that world for ages but I think I'm going to have to make another save file and try out your fun looking family and your gorgeous lots!

Rec'd :)