Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Unofficial Simmer Census - Closed: Final Results posted!

Comments

• Options
    cudleybabysimcudleybabysim Posts: 865 Member
    Neeeevermind looks like it's gone again. Man, considering how darn quick the fb ppl are with removing posts, you think they'd be able to send a message explaining why? Lol.

Maybe they're deleting it because it links to an outside website? Maybe you can give the link to this thread and say it's a survey! Though, I don't know how you ensure they take the Facebook link survey over the forum survey...
  • Options
    1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    The tone of your FAQ makes me think you are SimGuruGnome in disguise... <shifty eyes, looks around> :p
  • Options
    esharpmajoresharpmajor Posts: 1,055 Member
    edited July 2016
    Hmmm that might be it, good suggestion @cudleybabysim I'll try this evening - I've got to head out for a while. I left them two direct messages on the fb page, one introducing myself, explaining the survey and asking for their blessing, and then another in response to the link being removed asking if that was intentional and if they could recommend a way to go about doing this so that fb simmers can be included. Hopefully by the time I get back to this tonight I'll have an answer.

Thanks again everyone for the terrific feedback, I'll keep trying, because now I'm super curious how different the results will be depending on the platform.

ETA OOoooh oh never mind, they just approved the post! yay ok so we're good on the facebook front, that's fantastic. :)
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    Good job
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    lilacksblilacksb Posts: 440 Member
    @esharpmajor I've posted it to my sims fb group
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Good to see the results :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    GrijzePilionGrijzePilion Posts: 588 Member
    @esharpmajor, I also conducted a survey a couple of weeks ago. It's a little different, it's a little more in-depth, and it's certainly interesting stuff. Got about 1000 responses.
    Reddit link
    Responses link
    Look out for BRIDGEPORT'88!
    (oh, and follow me on my Tumblr)
    i5-6600K • 16GB • 2x GTX 1070 • 2x 500GB 850 EVO
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    @esharpmajor, I also conducted a survey a couple of weeks ago. It's a little different, it's a little more in-depth, and it's certainly interesting stuff. Got about 1000 responses.
    Reddit link
    Responses link
    LOL that last question. Interesting results from that too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Reddit link
    Responses link

Awesome! So comprehensive! I appreciate you sharing that, I'll include your findings when I do my final results post if that's ok. Were those responses collected from reddit? I'll have a closer look tonight I'm on mobile right now and it's a pain. :P

• Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Interesting survey. Thanks for taking the time and money to do it.
  • Options
    GrijzePilionGrijzePilion Posts: 588 Member
    Awesome! So comprehensive! I appreciate you sharing that, I'll include your findings when I do my final results post if that's ok. Were those responses collected from reddit? I'll have a closer look tonight I'm on mobile right now and it's a pain. :P
    About 99.5% of responses are from /r/TheSims, yes.

Look out for BRIDGEPORT'88!
    (oh, and follow me on my Tumblr)
    i5-6600K • 16GB • 2x GTX 1070 • 2x 500GB 850 EVO
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Thanks for posting the results so clearly and quickly. It was interesting that many of us still don't really know what the vision is! Some sort of weird hybrid between the secret service and live service maybe? :s
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    Thanks for posting the results so clearly and quickly. It was interesting that many of us still don't really know what the vision is! Some sort of weird hybrid between the secret service and live service maybe? :s

Yeah, I think that's the thing that struck me the most about the results too. The confusion over the "vision."
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    lyralyra Posts: 420 Member
    Just want to say this was very interesting and informative, thank you for posting it. :)
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    I'm gonna post this on my Tumblr and see what the Tumblr peeps think about The Sims. :P
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Cesal95Cesal95 Posts: 298 Member
    I didn't think we'd see the results so quickly! I hope EA/Maxis take in account this valuable feedback. I also like that with this we have numbers to support our comments... :)
    PoroLoL_zpset4qfym5.gif
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    If the same people are taking the poll on the other sites that kind of takes away from the first poll? So hopefully people only vote on one.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited July 2016
    bluegayle_ wrote: »
    If the same people are taking the poll on the other sites that kind of takes away from the first poll? So hopefully people only vote on one.
    Not really. I was a member of the modthesims.info for many years before ever deciding to join forums back when it used to be called modthesims2.com. Simmers are allowed to belong to more than one community.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    DeKay wrote: »
    I'm gonna post this on my Tumblr and see what the Tumblr peeps think about The Sims. :P

Thank you! I'm trying to figure out how to get some more input from the other sites so we can have a really nice cross section and I was dreading tumblr, I always end up lost in a sea of pictures, lol!

Just posted it to my twitter, some conscientious folks have already done the same.

We've got about 175 from reddit so far, 963(!!) from the forum -almost to 1000, nice! and the rest are around 50 a piece, so I'll keep at it.

This will probably be a bit of a wait, so I'll be putting together some other more specific surveys for the forum in the next few days so that we have a really in depth look, like @GrijzePilion did, I really liked that. Since I'm not limited to a number of questions, and can add logic and stuff now I will take my time and do a series of thorough surveys on various hot topics. I think I want to break them into categories so that it's not this huge daunting thing and people can pick and choose, or do it in segments over the next month.

Yay.

Oh and I think I'm ok with people retaking the survey for another site. If they consider themselves an active member of that site, then it's fine for them to take the survey as a member there. But for me, even though I technically have twitter and facebook and reddit, I don't really engage there the way I do here, so I'm not even taking those surveys. So just use your judgement folks!
  • Options
    HyeionHyeion Posts: 522 Member
    @esharpmajor Thank you for doing this. ♡
    I would like to ask your answers in the survey xd
    mfCdivN.gif

Origin ID: Hyeion
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Thanks for your hard work on this @esharpmajor <3

@GrijzePilion it was interesting seeing your results too, thank you for sharing :)
  • Options
    GypsyPrinceGypsyPrince Posts: 118 Member
    How interesting. There are still more playing Sims 3 than I thought
    tumblr_nv38f3kKri1ql5yr7o1_500.gif
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Very interesting results. Many unexpected like people liking TS3 better than TS2, and people caring so much about the lack of story progression.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    edited July 2016
    Scobre wrote: »
    bluegayle_ wrote: »
    Not really. I was a member of the modthesims.info for many years before ever deciding to join forums back when it used to be called modthesims2.com. Simmers are allowed to belong to more than one community.

Yeah, but surely it kind of skews the results if the same person takes the survey more than once? For example, we could have the result that fb users mostly think their experience is poor and forum users mostly think their experience is poor but that could be because the same people took both surveys. It would probably have been better to have one survey for everyone and then have a question at the end as to which media you mostly use.

Edit typos