Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Unofficial Simmer Census - Closed: Final Results posted!

Comments

• Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    Took the survey. Everyone should make their voices count.
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    Done..
  • Options
    Shawnda182Shawnda182 Posts: 129 Member
    Done..
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    edited July 2016
    Moved :) *disappears as it's thirty minutes past midnight and she needs sleep*

Sleep? what is that, I am lucky if I get 4 hours a night, I can not go to bed until 3 am, and get up for 8 am, :)
    Update, Did The Survey thanks, can not wait for results, :).
  • Options
    VibseVibse Posts: 100 Member
    Done. I hope my answers will be useful to you.
    Origin ID: Vibse83
    The Jensen family tree
  • Options
    itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    Done.
    1 character to short.. really??!
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
  • Options
    Are the Result's being posted here? if not then I wont see them, cause I do not use Face Book nor Twitter.
  • Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    You should notify the gurus, so that they would see it.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    esharpmajoresharpmajor Posts: 1,055 Member
    edited July 2016
    Results are posted on the main page and in my last comment @BlueBlack007 I didn't end up needing to post the survey to FB or Twitter, thank god, I detest using both, lol! Glad enough forum users participated - although as I say in the survey results it means this survey can only be considered an accurate representation of the forums, as that was where all the data was collected.

@PrincessVee Good suggestion, thank you, I have tagged El Drakedor so that she can pass it on if she finds it helpful, I'd rather not spam tag the entire team, I know it'll reach them if she deems it worthwhile and I trust her judgement.
  • Options
    Results are posted on the main page and in my last comment @BlueBlack007 I didn't end up needing to post the survey to FB or Twitter, thank god, I detest using both, lol! Glad enough forum users participated - although as I say in the survey results it means this survey can only be considered an accurate representation of the forums, as that was where all the data was collected.

Thanks for the post I enjoyed the survey and was not surprised with the result.
  • Options
    @jimmysnan Weirdly, I was not surprised either, makes me happy to know I have enough interaction with the community that I was fairly spot on with my person assumptions of the numbers behind this stuff. Still happier to have some measure of confirmation though!
  • Options

@PrincessVee Good suggestion, thank you, I have tagged El Drakedor so that she can pass it on if she finds it helpful, I'd rather not spam tag the entire team, I know it'll reach them if she deems it worthwhile and I trust her judgement.

I do not use FB or TW because I will never trust either of them , esp after I saw them on the news more than once being sued for 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and such.
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    Thanks so much for doing this @esharpmajor :)

I find that one of the most interesting points is that the community is unsure about what is the Sims' team vision of the franchise. It's one of the things I'm most annoyed about: I just don't get where this game is going and I'd like to know, because I see the potential but I cannot keep on buying stuff based on "potential". I need to know where we are going and if investing more money on this game will be worth it or not.
  • Options
    @QDog I totally agree, I think that is really interesting, "still don't get it" was my personal choice as well. The team mentions it like it is this definable thing, but it's clear that most here are still unsure what they are talking about! I think that's a really good bit of info for the communications team because knowing the direction of the Sims 4, the logic behind it, and what it means for the various playstyles moving forward is important for achieving/maintaining confidence in the franchise.
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    QDog wrote: »
    Thanks so much for doing this @esharpmajor :)

I find that one of the most interesting points is that the community is unsure about what is the Sims' team vision of the franchise. It's one of the things I'm most annoyed about: I just don't get where this game is going and I'd like to know, because I see the potential but I cannot keep on buying stuff based on "potential". I need to know where we are going and if investing more money on this game will be worth it or not.
    Same. I've seen them steadily go on about their new vision, how some players might not like it, etc...But I've yet to hear a concrete "this is our vision for The Sims 4, and were taking the game in X direction and focusing on A, B, and C". I feel like it'd help a lot to at least have a general idea of what they're doing without being bound to the "this quarter only" rule.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    Thanks for the survey, it was much appreciated.
  • Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    I just took the poll, seems like my choices are very much in line with the majority.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Interesting that a fair few people miss story progression, for some reason I didn't think that would be the case.

Maybe a simmer could post a link to your survey on the Sims main Facebook page to save you having to join? And Twitter. There must be somebody here who could do that for you. I am astounded that you forked over cash to get the survey results, so I don't mind joining Facebook for you if nobody else can do it.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I'm not surprised to see I have been right about the need for all life stages and complete life stages. That choice had a large amount of votes even if a larger amount of people are satisfied. Which doesn't actually correlate.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I'm not surprised to see I have been right about the need for all life stages and complete life stages. That choice had a large amount of votes even if a larger amount of people are satisfied. Which doesn't actually correlate.
    It's probably because there was only a choice of poor or satisfactory - I decided to choose satisfactory because it was closer to how I feel than poor. I do enjoy the game, but I still think that they need to add toddlers, preteens and better babies.

Interesting to see that more people chose poor than great - that contradicts what @SimGuruDrake said recently in a thread on here. But I guess we need a wider amount of simmers for it to be more accurate.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »
    It's probably because there was only a choice of poor or satisfactory - I decided to choose satisfactory because it was closer to how I feel than poor. I do enjoy the game, but I still think that they need to add toddlers, preteens and better babies.

Interesting to see that more people chose poor than great - that contradicts what @SimGuruDrake said recently in a thread on here. But I guess we need a wider amount of simmers for it to be more accurate.

It would be great if this would go out to all simmers that would be a true representation!
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    Interesting that a fair few people miss story progression, for some reason I didn't think that would be the case.

Maybe a simmer could post a link to your survey on the Sims main Facebook page to save you having to join? And Twitter. There must be somebody here who could do that for you. I am astounded that you forked over cash to get the survey results, so I don't mind joining Facebook for you if nobody else can do it.

I'm one of them. I do, badly. I'm also one of the ones that preferred The Sims 4, but it was a close run thing between TS3 and TS4. That the town seemed alive around you was one of the main things I love about TS3. I go back now and again, but I can't seem to get into TS3 the same anymore.

Thank you @esharpmajor. I enjoyed the experience. None of the answers surprised me.

• Options
    xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    This was a great idea! Look forward to more surveys and really hope the devs take note of this.