The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

IT IS THAT TIME OF MONTH AGAIN! (Excited GIF)

Comments

• Options
    iriefthiiriefthi Posts: 1,073 Member
    Get ready to be disappointed in 3.. 2.. 1..

Where is the LOL button?? :D
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I just want to know that the over-aggressive relationship decay is being looked into, especially for inactive played households; I need to play my Sim's eldest son so he can keep going on his career and start finding Ms. Right (or Mr. Right if he prefers), but I don't want to leave my main family untended otherwise I'll return to a family of strangers (unless I figure out the right settings in MC Command Center). I've also got a plan for another household that's going to work on painting all the pictures and collecting all the collectibles (at least the ones that are available at all times) to fill my planned museum/science center for Newcrest. I've already got a fully upgraded rocket ship on the roof to go along with the one in Oasis Springs.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    I hope for a build mode patch..... I never realized how useful the terrain tool was 'till I tried to build the Bates Motel
  • Options
    HannieHannie Posts: 608 Member
    edited July 2016
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »

....more goals and ever changing emotions?

How 2014 of you.

Not to mention you're playing 3 that has more goals and bipolarness :joy:

13592763_1217339234942874_2964919411679537569_n.jpg?oh=4c65de9b2e116afa09ec44342c0878db&oe=57EC731F

A severely bad mood from a 3h embarrassment moodlet?

I'm playing TS2 AND TS3, I don't even understand what you were trying to achieve there.

But anyways, TS3 doesn't have a check list of goals in parties, a check list of goals in the active careers, a check list of goals as lifetime wishes and check list of goals on dates, nice try though. I'm sure your beliefs are very strong, but it's not true, which even makes me uncertain if you have even actually played the game or not.

And as far as your argument (probably a complement on my part to call it that), for bipolar sims goes in TS3, I don't see it's actual co-relation with being bipolar. The sim is embarassed, so he is in a bad mood so? It means the game works I guess, like I just don't see how that could mean being bipolar.

The Sims 4 doesn't have goals at parties if you don't want it. The Sims 3 active careers do have goals, called "Opportunities". In fact, nearly every Expansion Pack for The Sims 3 has game play exclusive to Opportunities, which are goals.
    It seems like you haven't played for long enough :) Try playing World Adventures, Ambitions, Showtime, University, Into The Future, Late Night etc. without running into an Opportunity :joy:

Um, The Sims has a perfect mood, and 3 good moodlets. One 2h moodlet sends him to an extremely unhappy mood, and once that goes away, he's in a perfect mood? That's a bipolar mood. One extreme to the other.

A Sim in The Sims 3 can go from one extreme to another just from one moodlet, that isn't even that major.

I played TS3 for years with opportunities turned off. I got tired of seeing them popping up. My Sims still achieved things, gained skills and moved forward in their careers. I could do it the way I wanted the game didn't dictate how to achieve them.

I've played TS4, gone to work with my Sims and if they don't finish off their daily list they get a bad review for the day, don't advance and are in a bad mood.

You can disable them, but you miss out on heaps of gameplay because of it.
    You never have to complete the daily task for The Sims 4 ever. Clearly you're not familiar with the system.

Daily task? For the work? You don't get promoted if you don't.

In TS3 you can even if you don't do opportunities. Even the PI can level in the career without those which is the only one that uses them as a main thing.

You actually don't need to complete the daily task to get promoted but it helps. You do on the other hand need to complete the other one(s) under the daily task.

I know this is a bit off topic but I must say, after playing Sims 2 for a while I actually find it harder to get promoted there than in the Sims 4, because of the sick amount of friends you need in the higher levels :D
  • Options
    iriefthiiriefthi Posts: 1,073 Member
    edited July 2016
    I wish i haven't seen this :s now i am so impatient and curious and i really hope they won't dissapoint me!
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,723 Member
    Hannie wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »

....more goals and ever changing emotions?

How 2014 of you.

Not to mention you're playing 3 that has more goals and bipolarness :joy:

13592763_1217339234942874_2964919411679537569_n.jpg?oh=4c65de9b2e116afa09ec44342c0878db&oe=57EC731F

A severely bad mood from a 3h embarrassment moodlet?

I'm playing TS2 AND TS3, I don't even understand what you were trying to achieve there.

But anyways, TS3 doesn't have a check list of goals in parties, a check list of goals in the active careers, a check list of goals as lifetime wishes and check list of goals on dates, nice try though. I'm sure your beliefs are very strong, but it's not true, which even makes me uncertain if you have even actually played the game or not.

And as far as your argument (probably a complement on my part to call it that), for bipolar sims goes in TS3, I don't see it's actual co-relation with being bipolar. The sim is embarassed, so he is in a bad mood so? It means the game works I guess, like I just don't see how that could mean being bipolar.

The Sims 4 doesn't have goals at parties if you don't want it. The Sims 3 active careers do have goals, called "Opportunities". In fact, nearly every Expansion Pack for The Sims 3 has game play exclusive to Opportunities, which are goals.
    It seems like you haven't played for long enough :) Try playing World Adventures, Ambitions, Showtime, University, Into The Future, Late Night etc. without running into an Opportunity :joy:

Um, The Sims has a perfect mood, and 3 good moodlets. One 2h moodlet sends him to an extremely unhappy mood, and once that goes away, he's in a perfect mood? That's a bipolar mood. One extreme to the other.

A Sim in The Sims 3 can go from one extreme to another just from one moodlet, that isn't even that major.

I played TS3 for years with opportunities turned off. I got tired of seeing them popping up. My Sims still achieved things, gained skills and moved forward in their careers. I could do it the way I wanted the game didn't dictate how to achieve them.

I've played TS4, gone to work with my Sims and if they don't finish off their daily list they get a bad review for the day, don't advance and are in a bad mood.

You can disable them, but you miss out on heaps of gameplay because of it.
    You never have to complete the daily task for The Sims 4 ever. Clearly you're not familiar with the system.

Daily task? For the work? You don't get promoted if you don't.

In TS3 you can even if you don't do opportunities. Even the PI can level in the career without those which is the only one that uses them as a main thing.

You actually don't need to complete the daily task to get promoted but it helps. You do on the other hand need to complete the other one(s) under the daily task.

I know this is a bit off topic but I must say, after playing Sims 2 for a while I actually find it harder to get promoted there than in the Sims 4, because of the sick amount of friends you need in the higher levels :D

They did have that for TS4 jobs as well but people were complaining it was too hard. Good thing they took it out cuz we have relationship culling now anyways. XD
    My Top Song of the Day: The Blackest of Birds by Fightstar
    Y2D8eAf.gif
  • Options
    lmusiclmusic Posts: 288 Member
    Excited for the new patch!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,516 Member
    What if it s a new world announcement?
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    I'm excited, but also not that excited at the same time? Bit weird, I do hope it's a big free patch, i'd really like that!
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,772 Member
    The last time I was excited for a patch was pools. I can't imagine.. unless theres cops and nannys.
    Go Raptors!
  • Options
    AmyDamesAmyDames Posts: 353 Member
    Waiting here for an announcement.....uuuuugh. Also there has been speculation that the spinny thing is a new world decal thing that pops up.
  • Options
    Cristal_SwanCristal_Swan Posts: 234 Member
    @Wulfsimmer are you Dr. Wolfula? Your avatar reminds me of him.
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    About 3 1/2 hours to go if today's the day.

brHaCdJqCXijm.gif

waiting.gif

Homergif.gif
  • Options
    Time zones, the only thing I envy the Americans for. Hehe
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    AmyDames wrote: »
    Waiting here for an announcement.....uuuuugh. Also there has been speculation that the spinny thing is a new world decal thing that pops up.

It'd be amazing if they were patching in a new suburban world, that'd compliment the backyard stuff pack so well! Can't wait for the announcement today!!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    It'd be amazing if they were patching in a new suburban world, that'd compliment the backyard stuff pack so well! Can't wait for the announcement today!!! :mrgreen: [/quote]
    Omg yaas a suburban world with sprawling back yards and cute little families! Possibly the family from the teaser? I'm so hyped for birds now too? Although I still think new female laughs will be patched in
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,516 Member
    It'd be amazing if they were patching in a new suburban world, that'd compliment the backyard stuff pack so well! Can't wait for the announcement today!!! :mrgreen:
    Omg yaas a suburban world with sprawling back yards and cute little families! Possibly the family from the teaser? I'm so hyped for birds now too? Although I still think new female laughs will be patched in
    [/quote]

I would rather it be blank like Newcrest.
  • Options
    AshlieBoomAshlieBoom Posts: 143 Member
    Okay, okay, let me just purchase my ticket for this hype train. You know I'm always down for this ride.

Now gimme my new stuff!
    I'm hoping we get a new world soon, I'm getting a little bored now and my short attention span is a nightmare. Still totally in love with Windenburg though.
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    edited July 2016
    I would rather it be blank like Newcrest.

If it is blank like Newcrest then I hope they add some new houses and venues to our libraries so we have something to place down.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

Another suburban world? That's all we have now.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member

Another suburban world? That's all we have now.

Rolling country hills and winding lanes lined with thick oaks with trails leading off through fields of wild flowers. .. a girl can dream.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Considering the bugs in my game, I would rather not see excited gifs anymore. I hate patch days.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    ChambersNChambersN Posts: 227 Member
    Hope we get the nanny