The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

IT IS THAT TIME OF MONTH AGAIN! (Excited GIF)

Comments

• Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Considering the bugs in my game, I would rather not see excited gifs anymore. I hate patch days.

I'll ditto that one.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Regarding any future worlds... I understand people want space so that's why they'd want them blank. But a lot of people like me can't build and only play one family, so we can never fill up blank worlds. Newcrest was empty for me until like last week when I finally added some community lots. So what I'm hoping for (as others have said) if they do ever patch in an empty world they also add some venues and lots designed for the world in the gallery for us. That way everyone's a winner!
  • Options
    AmyDamesAmyDames Posts: 353 Member
    No hype train guys, let's just speculate without getting our hopes up. Have we not learned our lesson? Yes catloverplayer an empty world would be fine also I suppose, although you could just delete the lots and those of us who want it full can build or place from gallery. We all agree though we want that space.
  • Options
    lmusiclmusic Posts: 288 Member
    Any news yet? *excited*
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    AmyDames wrote: »
    Waiting here for an announcement.....uuuuugh. Also there has been speculation that the spinny thing is a new world decal thing that pops up.

It'd be amazing if they were patching in a new suburban world, that'd compliment the backyard stuff pack so well! Can't wait for the announcement today!!! :mrgreen:

Another suburban world? That's all we have now.

Really? The only world I'd consider slightly suburban is Willow Creek. Windenburg is much closer to a small city, I don't think you could call Oasis Springs a suburb, nor Magnolia Promenade, and Newcrest is surrounded by city backdrops so I'd call that more of a downtown.

What I'd like is lots big 40x40, 50x50 and 64x64 lots lining a long street, that we can place large family houses on. We have nothing like that so far in the game.
  • Options
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    Scobre wrote: »

I disabled them and never missed out on a thing. As I said in my last post my Sims advanced, gained skills and moved forward in their careers all with opportunities turned off. I just didn't have to do the useless busy work.

Maybe my TS4 game is screwy but I've sure seen a bed review when my Sim leaves works because they haven't completed their daily list.
    That is why I still think the Sims 4 is the most RPG game of the series yet. Sims 4 goals aren't optional in most cases and there is no way to work around it. I wish the Sims 4 had options to skip goals all together. I didn't like opportunities in the Sims 3, but the Sims 4 goals are like opportunities on steroids. Super boring, dumb, and annoying. If I wanted to play a game with a boring grind like that, I rather play a MMO. I wish the grind fest stuff would be kept away from the life simulation genre. It just makes the game too unrealistic and feel like a Kim Kardashian game with a mobile goal system.

Even with WA I managed to use teleport here cheat to skip the tasks for the tombs. I didn't like those either.

The Sims 4 goals are optional in most cases, just not for Welcome Wagons or Dates(which I think should change). There are ways to work around some of the goal-based stuff, you can use Cheats for one and Mods are another - workarounds other simmers used in previous iterations of the game. Goals are not unrealistic, they're real and some people make even comprehensive ones on a daily basis.

I shouldn't have to use cheats or mods to have more 'work arounds'. Last night I tried taking a Sim out on a date to one of the restaurants. As soon as they got there a pop up window appeared. The first thing was socialize 10 times. Which really meant talk to your date or do something 10 times. I figured what the heck....okay...first task done. Next one...order for the table...okay done. So I looked up and the two tasks that were done only to be replaced by two new tasks. One of them was socialize over the meal.......

The food took so long to come my Sim passed out from exhaustion and I sent him home without ever getting to eat. The notice said it was a bad date and the relationship took a hit.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    Waiting here for an announcement.....uuuuugh. Also there has been speculation that the spinny thing is a new world decal thing that pops up.

It'd be amazing if they were patching in a new suburban world, that'd compliment the backyard stuff pack so well! Can't wait for the announcement today!!! :mrgreen:

Another suburban world? That's all we have now.

Really? The only world I'd consider slightly suburban is Willow Creek. Windenburg is much closer to a small city, I don't think you could call Oasis Springs a suburb, nor Magnolia Promenade, and Newcrest is surrounded by city backdrops so I'd call that more of a downtown.

What I'd like is lots big 40x40, 50x50 and 64x64 lots lining a long street, that we can place large family houses on. We have nothing like that so far in the game.

I guess we have different views of suburbs. I see MP as kind of a small shopping district, Newcrest, OS and WC have nothing in common with a city unless you've built it up as one. I see Windenburg as a small town with outlying suburbs. Bridgeport was a city.
  • Options
    DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,772 Member
    Watch it be something minuscule like guys we finally fixed musical chairs.
    Go Raptors!
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    I have just switched Origin to offline mode, just in case a patch does land :smiley:
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    edited July 2016
    lmusic wrote: »
    Any news yet? *excited*

It won't be til at least 1pm EST. So we got at least an hour and a half yet.
  • Options
    What time is it there now I'm terrible with the time zones! I'm guessing about 11:30?
    MocaJava wrote: »
    Any news yet? *excited*

• Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    DeadFishy wrote: »
    Watch it be something minuscule like guys we finally fixed musical chairs.
    I wouldn't mind that lol
    I want a new world but nothing in the teaser hinted at one really (unless the pinwheel was supposed to be like the world icon animations)
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    AshlieBoomAshlieBoom Posts: 143 Member
    Omg yaas a suburban world with sprawling back yards and cute little families! Possibly the family from the teaser? I'm so hyped for birds now too? Although I still think new female laughs will be patched in
    I would rather it be blank like Newcrest.

If it is blank like Newcrest then I hope they add some new houses and venues to our libraries so we have something to place down.

I agree, I'm not too much of a builder, unfortunately. I was not blessed in that department as I lack the ability to build anything I like without getting impatient! :D
    I love trawling the gallery for this reason, though. The community is so talented and creative.
    whatever we get, even if it's only little, it still makes me excited because I love newness. (and fixed bugs, if we are lucky!)
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    edited July 2016
    Are we sure it's today, or is it like an annual thing where Drake posts a gif and the next day we get news?
    I'm a bit off with news lately.. been playing too much Stardew Valley hehe

large.gif
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    If they patched in a new world, then I'd be happy with only getting a SP in one quarter. If they can't give us packs, at least give us worlds in which to play.
  • Options
    What time is it there now I'm terrible with the time zones! I'm guessing about 11:30?
    Any news yet? *excited*

Yes
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,653 Member
    My excitement is gone now I feel so bad I want to be excited about it I really do for me its just disappointments after disappointments but congrats to the ones that are excited.
  • Options
    Sorry guys but do the patches usually drop at 1pm sharp, and drake announces at the same time? If there even is a patch. Could just be the announcement of something. Either way, I'm excited!
  • Options
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    My excitement is gone now I feel so bad I want to be excited about it I really do for me its just disappointments after disappointments but congrats to the ones that are excited.

Yeah I'm not excited either. Very cautiously optimistic but I'm probably setting myself up for disappointment regardless. Would love to be proved wrong though.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,653 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »

Yeah I'm not excited either. Very cautiously optimistic but I'm probably setting myself up for disappointment regardless. Would love to be proved wrong though.

Tell me about it the very sad part is I never felt like this towards a Sims game before "this is shocking" quoted from my best friend lol now that's saying something.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2016
    Omg yaas a suburban world with sprawling back yards and cute little families! Possibly the family from the teaser? I'm so hyped for birds now too? Although I still think new female laughs will be patched in

How original that would be...

And they didn't said anything about in the teaser, the exited gif probably refers to today's patch, probably there will be one, if there was a new world coming we'd have seen it in the teaser.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

And they didn't said anything about in the teaser, the exited gif probably refers to today's patch, probably there will be one, if there was a new world coming we'd have seen it in the teaser.

You can't know that for sure, they never said that everything new patched in would be shown in the teaser trailers. The new lighting system wasn't shown in last quarter's trailer. And like other's have said, that pinwheel thing could be a hint to a new world coming.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2016

You can't know that for sure, they never said that everything new patched in would be shown in the teaser trailers. The new lighting system wasn't shown in last quarter's trailer. And like other's have said, that pinwheel thing could be a hint to a new world coming.

I don't see how lol

But new lighting isn't exactly new content, it's just a graphical update. A world is new content and I don't see the point in adding a world but not letting anyone get hyped about it. It's just nonesense speculation for me.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    HannieHannie Posts: 608 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Hannie wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @Sigzy05 wrote: »
    @Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »

....more goals and ever changing emotions?

How 2014 of you.

Not to mention you're playing 3 that has more goals and bipolarness :joy:

13592763_1217339234942874_2964919411679537569_n.jpg?oh=4c65de9b2e116afa09ec44342c0878db&oe=57EC731F

A severely bad mood from a 3h embarrassment moodlet?

I'm playing TS2 AND TS3, I don't even understand what you were trying to achieve there.

But anyways, TS3 doesn't have a check list of goals in parties, a check list of goals in the active careers, a check list of goals as lifetime wishes and check list of goals on dates, nice try though. I'm sure your beliefs are very strong, but it's not true, which even makes me uncertain if you have even actually played the game or not.

And as far as your argument (probably a complement on my part to call it that), for bipolar sims goes in TS3, I don't see it's actual co-relation with being bipolar. The sim is embarassed, so he is in a bad mood so? It means the game works I guess, like I just don't see how that could mean being bipolar.

The Sims 4 doesn't have goals at parties if you don't want it. The Sims 3 active careers do have goals, called "Opportunities". In fact, nearly every Expansion Pack for The Sims 3 has game play exclusive to Opportunities, which are goals.
    It seems like you haven't played for long enough :) Try playing World Adventures, Ambitions, Showtime, University, Into The Future, Late Night etc. without running into an Opportunity :joy:

Um, The Sims has a perfect mood, and 3 good moodlets. One 2h moodlet sends him to an extremely unhappy mood, and once that goes away, he's in a perfect mood? That's a bipolar mood. One extreme to the other.

A Sim in The Sims 3 can go from one extreme to another just from one moodlet, that isn't even that major.

I played TS3 for years with opportunities turned off. I got tired of seeing them popping up. My Sims still achieved things, gained skills and moved forward in their careers. I could do it the way I wanted the game didn't dictate how to achieve them.

I've played TS4, gone to work with my Sims and if they don't finish off their daily list they get a bad review for the day, don't advance and are in a bad mood.

You can disable them, but you miss out on heaps of gameplay because of it.
    You never have to complete the daily task for The Sims 4 ever. Clearly you're not familiar with the system.

Daily task? For the work? You don't get promoted if you don't.

In TS3 you can even if you don't do opportunities. Even the PI can level in the career without those which is the only one that uses them as a main thing.

You actually don't need to complete the daily task to get promoted but it helps. You do on the other hand need to complete the other one(s) under the daily task.

I know this is a bit off topic but I must say, after playing Sims 2 for a while I actually find it harder to get promoted there than in the Sims 4, because of the sick amount of friends you need in the higher levels :D

They did have that for TS4 jobs as well but people were complaining it was too hard. Good thing they took it out cuz we have relationship culling now anyways. XD

Yeah, that probably wouldn't work to well :D
  • Options
    You know there is the possibility that the wind spinner in the gif could be just a wind spinner.

You can buy this on Amazon for 17.99. Look familiar?

31HhBYg8ZIL._AC_US160_.jpg