May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

IT IS THAT TIME OF MONTH AGAIN! (Excited GIF)

Comments

• Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    a patch would be nice. I'm so tired of my sims sitting between every book they put away.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @Beanfoot wrote: »
    Honestly, I'm still recovering from Kids Room Stuff and Dine Out - two packs I love but introduced a new boat of bugs. I really hope tomorrow's announcement is a patch and not a new pack.

Same. I'd appreciate Bug Fixes and improvements/more tools for what we already have, rather than new gameplay.

Or a Summer Challenge *HINT MAJOR HINT COUGH SPLATTER COUGH* @SimGuruDrake
  • Options
    uo_aaronjduo_aaronjd Posts: 425 Member
    *bangs on the wall*
    Will you keep the bloody noise down!!
    Its first thing in the morning down here and some of us are trying to sleep!!
    Bloody western hemisphere *grumbles*
    We shall see what we shall see *yawns, curls up in bed and jams a pillow over his head*
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    I think it's because I've played so much lately but I've been noticing a LOT of bugs, which never usually was the case in TS4 for me. :(
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2016
    @Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »

....more goals and ever changing emotions?

How 2014 of you.

Not to mention you're playing 3 that has more goals and bipolarness :joy:

13592763_1217339234942874_2964919411679537569_n.jpg?oh=4c65de9b2e116afa09ec44342c0878db&oe=57EC731F

A severely bad mood from a 3h embarrassment moodlet?

I'm playing TS2 AND TS3, I don't even understand what you were trying to achieve there.

But anyways, TS3 doesn't have a check list of goals in parties, a check list of goals in the active careers (the only one I could see being there would be in the architect career, but you can always put the patterns you want and colors when decorating other sim's rooms so you can get a little creative also) , a check list of goals as lifetime wishes and check list of goals on dates, nice try though. I'm sure your beliefs are very strong, but it's not true, which even makes me more uncertain if you have even actually played the game or not. It's just...awkward I guess of you to say that when it's clearly not the case.

And as far as your argument (probably a complement on my part to call it that), for bipolar sims goes in TS3, I don't see it's actual co-relation with being bipolar. The sim is embarassed, so he is in a bad mood so? It means the game works I guess, like I just don't see how that could mean being bipolar.

Oh and btw we are in 2016, not sure you knew, if you care to explain why I'm being 2014 if that makes any sense please do.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options

How 2014 of you.

13592763_1217339234942874_2964919411679537569_n.jpg?oh=4c65de9b2e116afa09ec44342c0878db&oe=57EC731F

I'm playing TS2 AND TS3, I don't even understand what you were trying to achieve there.

But anyways, TS3 doesn't have a check list of goals in parties, a check list of goals in the active careers, a check list of goals as lifetime wishes and check list of goals on dates, nice try though. I'm sure your beliefs are very strong, but it's not true, which even makes me uncertain if you have even actually played the game or not.

And as far as your argument (probably a complement on my part to call it that), for bipolar sims goes in TS3, I don't see it's actual co-relation with being bipolar. The sim is embarassed, so he is in a bad mood so? It means the game works I guess, like I just don't see how that could mean being bipolar.

The Sims 4 doesn't have goals at parties if you don't want it. The Sims 3 active careers do have goals, called "Opportunities". In fact, nearly every Expansion Pack for The Sims 3 has game play exclusive to Opportunities, which are goals.
    It seems like you haven't played for long enough :) Try playing World Adventures, Ambitions, Showtime, University, Into The Future, Late Night etc. without running into an Opportunity :joy:

Um, The Sims has a perfect mood, and 3 good moodlets. One 2h moodlet sends him to an extremely unhappy mood, and once that goes away, he's in a perfect mood? That's a bipolar mood. One extreme to the other.

A Sim in The Sims 3 can go from one extreme to another just from one moodlet, that isn't even that major.
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Why does it matter lol
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »

How 2014 of you.

Actually, that makes a lot of sense. I've seen so many examples of extremely sour moods after someone was embarrassed and a myriad of noticeably incompetent decisions being made after being embarrassed. I've had recollections of embarrassing moments too; usually, I cringe at the memory, my mood drops for a moment, but then I have a drink and move on. Nothing you can do about the past unless you built a functional time warp. In that case, I have some ideas we need to talk about.
    DR_NEO-WorldGrab.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

How 2014 of you.

Oh and btw we are in 2016, not sure you knew, if you care to explain why I'm being 2014 if that makes any sense please do.

Because those jokes were all the rage in 2014. It's kind of a dead joke now.
    It's like hearing "robotic Sim" jokes from The Sims 3 now. They are boring.
  • Options
    @ENolan wrote: »

How 2014 of you.

Actually, that makes a lot of sense. I've seen so many examples of extremely sour moods after someone was embarrassed and a myriad of noticeably incompetent decisions being made after being embarrassed. I've had recollections of embarrassing moments too; usually, I cringe at the memory, my mood drops for a moment, but then I have a drink and move on. Nothing you can do about the past unless you built a functional time warp. In that case, I have some ideas we need to talk about.
    DR_NEO-WorldGrab.jpg

The score of a 3h embarrassed moodlet, should not outweigh the rest. It should "dint" your mood, but shouldn't make you depressed.
    Remember, Sims will refuse to do anything in severely negative mood.
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    But like any time someone says something bad about TS4 you go into a rant about TS3...even when TS3 isn't mentioned at all, like in Sigzy's post you quoted. That's kind of old too.
    /off-topic

I'm hoping for a sizeable bug patch too. All the free stuff in the world won't matter if there's dozens of broken things...seems to be a lot of DO bugs that need fixed too.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    edited July 2016

How 2014 of you.

But anyways, TS3 doesn't have a check list of goals in parties, a check list of goals in the active careers, a check list of goals as lifetime wishes and check list of goals on dates, nice try though. I'm sure your beliefs are very strong, but it's not true, which even makes me uncertain if you have even actually played the game or not.

The Sims 4 doesn't have goals at parties if you don't want it. The Sims 3 active careers do have goals, called "Opportunities". In fact, nearly every Expansion Pack for The Sims 3 has game play exclusive to Opportunities, which are goals.
    It seems like you haven't played for long enough :) Try playing World Adventures, Ambitions, Showtime, University, Into The Future, Late Night etc. without running into an Opportunity :joy:

Um, The Sims has a perfect mood, and 3 good moodlets. One 2h moodlet sends him to an extremely unhappy mood, and once that goes away, he's in a perfect mood? That's a bipolar mood. One extreme to the other.

A Sim in The Sims 3 can go from one extreme to another just from one moodlet, that isn't even that major.

I have played all expansions, darling :)

TS4 doesn't have goals forced on your parties but the party won't matter, it's just a pretty event where other sims come. The people you invited will be indiferent. In TS2 and TS3 the party matters, and sims will gain slight relationship decrease if the party is bad. But you can't opt dates without goals unless the other person invites you (and then leaves 5 seconds after because that happens).

BUT, to continue and further expand your own argument othat TS4 parties are optional, TS3's oportunities are also optional, you can simply not accept them and if you do accept them, you can even cancel them later by right clicking on the icon in the UI (have you played TS3 for long? :) ). Further more, oportunities aren't a check list, one goal only doesn't matter how you get there, what do in the mean time, you don't have a timer for most of them etc. Also, the P.I career is the only one that has oportunities as a main thing and they have a little story for each case making it more enjoyable, preferably the first time you play them, unlike the who is who game in TS4 that gets repetitive and boring right in the first time you play the detective career.

And as for the mood I don't see the issue. The sim got an embarrassed moodlet. It's obvious that if you slept well, if you are squeaky clean, you would get in a pretty bad mood after an embarrassing situation never the less, it's not just "oh I have more happy moodlets then by the logic..." no it's not how it works there neither irl. Unlike in TS4, an embarrassed moodlet can't be so easily override by a "nicely decorated" moodlet and a comfy moodlet.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    But like any time someone says something bad about TS4 you go into a rant about TS3...even when TS3 isn't mentioned at all, like in Sigzy's post you quoted. That's kind of old too.
    /off-topic

I'm hoping for a sizeable bug patch too. All the free stuff in the world won't matter if there's dozens of broken things...seems to be a lot of DO bugs that need fixed too.

Actually, I've had a lot of bad things to say about The Sims 4 recently. But taking jabs at The Sims 4, for something 3 does even more so, makes no sense.

I haven't bought Dine Out or Kids Room stuff simply because of the issues with the Invisible walls, and the bugs with DO.
    I don't blindly love The Sims 4. I simply just call a spade a spade. The Sims 3 has more goals than 4. The Sims 3 uses the same moodlet system as The Sims 4, with Sims going from one extreme to another.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I'm just curious will @SimGuruDrake be in the next Twitch stream if there is one for Backyard Stuff pack?
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
  • Options
    ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    @ENolan wrote: »

How 2014 of you.

030.jpg

The score of a 3h embarrassed moodlet, should not outweigh the rest. It should "dint" your mood, but shouldn't make you depressed.
    Remember, Sims will refuse to do anything in severely negative mood.

Of course, the "Embarrassed by Shout out" shouldn't be so numerically imposing, so to that I agree. Realistically however, there's only three factors that would determine how any sort of embarrassment would be handled and, even then, it can still vary based on a person's mindset or personality. So, it also validates why I also agree that a sim could be so adversely affected by it. Now that I think about it, I don't see the sim's personality panel, so I wouldn't know if they had a trait that might magnify the negative effect even slightly. I'm thinking Overemotional might have done it, but it also magnifies the good effects as well.

Oh, and I used the wrong evil doctor image; I forgot Dr. Nefarious messed with time travel, too.
  • Options
    thesimspiethesimspie Posts: 64 Member
    Hoping for a patch.
    "Do what you can, with what you have, where you are," -Teddy Roosevelt

I'm reading the Infernal Devices. I haven't ever read the Mortal Instruments. I hope that's alright... ;)
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Toddlers will be added tomorrow, thank god.
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options

lol
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    AmyDamesAmyDames Posts: 353 Member
    any reason you think so?

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    April Fools?
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options

How 2014 of you.

I have played all expansions, darling, please don't assume things of me, I don't assume things for you either, or you could just ask :)

TS4 doesn't have goals forced on your parties but the party won't matter, it's just a pretty event where other sims come. The people you invited will be indiferent. In TS2 and TS3 the party matters, and sims will gain slight relationship decrease if the party is bad. But you can't opt dates without goals unless the other person invites you (and then leaves 5 seconds after because that happens).

BUT, to continue and further expand your own argument othat TS4 parties are optional, TS3's oportunities are also optional, you can simply not accept them and if you do accept them, you can even cancel them later by right clicking on the icon in the UI. Also, oportunities aren't a check list, one goal only doesn't matter how you get there, what do in the mean time, you don't have a timer for most of them etc. Also, the P.I career is the only one that has oportunities as a main thing and they have a little story for each case making it more enjoyable, preferably the first time you play them, unlike the who is who game in TS4 that gets repetitive and boring right in the first time you play the detective career.

And as for the mood I don't see the issue. The sim got an embaressed moodlet. It's obvious that if you slept well, if you are squeaky clean, you would get in a pretty bad mood after an embarrassing situation. Unlike in TS4, an embarrassed moodlet can't be so easily overide by a "nicely decorated" moodlet and a confy moodlet.

The Sims 3 Opportunities are "optional" but they withhold gameplay. For example, with WA and Ambitions, nearly all the Expansion gameplay is locked behind completing the opportunity. And significat portions of the base game and other EP's are also done this way.
    Eg. Food Contest from the base game is an opportunity, having a Ghost baby in the base game is an opportunity. I could go on.

The thing is, being Embarrassed should be something you can shake off by being in a happy environment. It shouldn't make your Sim depressed for 3 hours, and make them refuse to do anything because of their mood.

The Embarrassed moodlet isn't the only time a Sim can go from one extreme to the other. No one is saying The Sims 4 isn't bipolar, but The Sims 3 uses the exact same moodlet system, except because The Sims 3 Sims can only be happy or sad, it goes from one extreme to the other all the time. One bad mootlet can make your Sim depressed and then it dissapears and its like nothing ever happened.

The same in the opposite too:
    This chick had her heart broken, and is sick, but a simple joke makes her in a "slightly unhappy" mood:

28-05-09%2011%3B48%3B46001.jpg

The moodlets in The Sims 3 are a mess. How is being embarrassed worse than being sick and cheated on? That's what I mean by bipolar. The moodlets should not dramatically alter mood like this.

I've been playing The Sims 3 non-stop since 2010 (on console, which is the same as PC). I know it inside out and have played it more than The Sims 4. I just dislike the PC game.
  • Options

How 2014 of you.

I played TS3 for years with opportunities turned off. I got tired of seeing them popping up. My Sims still achieved things, gained skills and moved forward in their careers. I could do it the way I wanted the game didn't dictate how to achieve them.

I've played TS4, gone to work with my Sims and if they don't finish off their daily list they get a bad review for the day, don't advance and are in a bad mood.

You can disable them, but you miss out on heaps of gameplay because of it.
    You never have to complete the daily task for The Sims 4 ever. Clearly you're not familiar with the system.
  • Options

How 2014 of you.

I have played all expansions, darling, please don't assume things of me, I don't assume things for you either, or you could just ask :)

BUT, to continue and further expand your own argument othat TS4 parties are optional, TS3's oportunities are also optional, you can simply not accept them and if you do accept them, you can even cancel them later by right clicking on the icon in the UI. Also, oportunities aren't a check list, one goal only doesn't matter how you get there, what do in the mean time, you don't have a timer for most of them etc. Also, the P.I career is the only one that has oportunities as a main thing and they have a little story for each case making it more enjoyable, preferably the first time you play them, unlike the who is who game in TS4 that gets repetitive and boring right in the first time you play the detective career.

And as for the mood I don't see the issue. The sim got an embaressed moodlet. It's obvious that if you slept well, if you are squeaky clean, you would get in a pretty bad mood after an embarrassing situation. Unlike in TS4, an embarrassed moodlet can't be so easily overide by a "nicely decorated" moodlet and a confy moodlet.

The Sims 3 Opportunities are "optional" but they withhold gameplay. For example, with WA and Ambitions, nearly all the Expansion gameplay is locked behind completing the opportunity. And significat portions of the base game and other EP's are also done this way.
    Eg. Food Contest from the base game is an opportunity, having a Ghost baby in the base game is an opportunity. I could go on.

The thing is, being Embarrassed should be something you can shake off by being in a happy environment. It shouldn't make your Sim depressed for 3 hours, and make them refuse to do anything because of their mood.

The Embarrassed moodlet isn't the only time a Sim can go from one extreme to the other. No one is saying The Sims 4 isn't bipolar, but The Sims 3 uses the exact same moodlet system, except because The Sims 3 Sims can only be happy or sad, it goes from one extreme to the other all the time. One bad mootlet can make your Sim depressed and then it dissapears and its like nothing ever happened.

The same in the opposite too:
    This chick had her heart broken, and is sick, but a simple joke makes her in a "slightly unhappy" mood:

28-05-09%2011%3B48%3B46001.jpg

The moodlets in The Sims 3 are a mess. How is being embarrassed worse than being sick and cheated on? That's what I mean by bipolar. The moodlets should not dramatically alter mood like this.

I've been playing The Sims 3 non-stop since 2010 (on console, which is the same as PC). I know it inside out and have played it more than The Sims 4. I just dislike the PC game.

It's still not the same as "TS3 has more goals than TS4" sentence you presented on your first post. You aren't being very eloquent and only 1 of Ambition's careers uses Oportunities, which is not 99% of the EP lol.

And as far as WA goes, yes tomb explorations uses Oportunities heavily, but you can still go to any world and do photography, nectar, buy suveniers, practice sim fu (I don't know the actual sim karate word :p) and enjoy the stay, but ofc your vacation days will not be much if you don't get visa points by exploring. It's no Bon Voyage I guarantee but it has some more of content outside of that.

And as for the embarassed, I personally would not shake it off by being in a happy environment, but even so the moodlets in your screenshot none of those was an environment moodlet, they were mostly need related.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1