Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

IT IS THAT TIME OF MONTH AGAIN! (Excited GIF)

Comments

• Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »

....more goals and ever changing emotions?

How 2014 of you.

Not to mention you're playing 3 that has more goals and bipolarness :joy:

13592763_1217339234942874_2964919411679537569_n.jpg?oh=4c65de9b2e116afa09ec44342c0878db&oe=57EC731F

A severely bad mood from a 3h embarrassment moodlet?

I'm playing TS2 AND TS3, I don't even understand what you were trying to achieve there.

But anyways, TS3 doesn't have a check list of goals in parties, a check list of goals in the active careers, a check list of goals as lifetime wishes and check list of goals on dates, nice try though. I'm sure your beliefs are very strong, but it's not true, which even makes me uncertain if you have even actually played the game or not.

And as far as your argument (probably a complement on my part to call it that), for bipolar sims goes in TS3, I don't see it's actual co-relation with being bipolar. The sim is embarassed, so he is in a bad mood so? It means the game works I guess, like I just don't see how that could mean being bipolar.

The Sims 4 doesn't have goals at parties if you don't want it. The Sims 3 active careers do have goals, called "Opportunities". In fact, nearly every Expansion Pack for The Sims 3 has game play exclusive to Opportunities, which are goals.
    It seems like you haven't played for long enough :) Try playing World Adventures, Ambitions, Showtime, University, Into The Future, Late Night etc. without running into an Opportunity :joy:

Um, The Sims has a perfect mood, and 3 good moodlets. One 2h moodlet sends him to an extremely unhappy mood, and once that goes away, he's in a perfect mood? That's a bipolar mood. One extreme to the other.

A Sim in The Sims 3 can go from one extreme to another just from one moodlet, that isn't even that major.

I played TS3 for years with opportunities turned off. I got tired of seeing them popping up. My Sims still achieved things, gained skills and moved forward in their careers. I could do it the way I wanted the game didn't dictate how to achieve them.

I've played TS4, gone to work with my Sims and if they don't finish off their daily list they get a bad review for the day, don't advance and are in a bad mood.

You can disable them, but you miss out on heaps of gameplay because of it.
    You never have to complete the daily task for The Sims 4 ever. Clearly you're not familiar with the system.

I disabled them and never missed out on a thing. As I said in my last post my Sims advanced, gained skills and moved forward in their careers all with opportunities turned off. I just didn't have to do the useless busy work.

Maybe my TS4 game is screwy but I've sure seen a bed review when my Sim leaves works because they haven't completed their daily list.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2016
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »

....more goals and ever changing emotions?

How 2014 of you.

Not to mention you're playing 3 that has more goals and bipolarness :joy:

13592763_1217339234942874_2964919411679537569_n.jpg?oh=4c65de9b2e116afa09ec44342c0878db&oe=57EC731F

A severely bad mood from a 3h embarrassment moodlet?

I'm playing TS2 AND TS3, I don't even understand what you were trying to achieve there.

But anyways, TS3 doesn't have a check list of goals in parties, a check list of goals in the active careers, a check list of goals as lifetime wishes and check list of goals on dates, nice try though. I'm sure your beliefs are very strong, but it's not true, which even makes me uncertain if you have even actually played the game or not.

And as far as your argument (probably a complement on my part to call it that), for bipolar sims goes in TS3, I don't see it's actual co-relation with being bipolar. The sim is embarassed, so he is in a bad mood so? It means the game works I guess, like I just don't see how that could mean being bipolar.

The Sims 4 doesn't have goals at parties if you don't want it. The Sims 3 active careers do have goals, called "Opportunities". In fact, nearly every Expansion Pack for The Sims 3 has game play exclusive to Opportunities, which are goals.
    It seems like you haven't played for long enough :) Try playing World Adventures, Ambitions, Showtime, University, Into The Future, Late Night etc. without running into an Opportunity :joy:

Um, The Sims has a perfect mood, and 3 good moodlets. One 2h moodlet sends him to an extremely unhappy mood, and once that goes away, he's in a perfect mood? That's a bipolar mood. One extreme to the other.

A Sim in The Sims 3 can go from one extreme to another just from one moodlet, that isn't even that major.

I played TS3 for years with opportunities turned off. I got tired of seeing them popping up. My Sims still achieved things, gained skills and moved forward in their careers. I could do it the way I wanted the game didn't dictate how to achieve them.

I've played TS4, gone to work with my Sims and if they don't finish off their daily list they get a bad review for the day, don't advance and are in a bad mood.

You can disable them, but you miss out on heaps of gameplay because of it.
    You never have to complete the daily task for The Sims 4 ever. Clearly you're not familiar with the system.

Daily task? For the work? You don't get promoted if you don't.

In TS3 you can even if you don't do opportunities. Even the PI can level in the career without those which is the only one that uses them as a main thing.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @Scobre wrote: »
    Toddlers will be added tomorrow, thank god.
    April Fools?

There's no way Toddlers are coming just like that :joy: EA would hype it up like no tomorrow.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    April Fools?

There's no way Toddlers are coming just like that :joy: EA would hype it up like no tomorrow.
    I didn't think so. XD
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    April Fools?

I didn't think so. XD

EA would make it sound like it's something that we've never had before, tbh. I can imagine the trailer.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

I disabled them and never missed out on a thing. As I said in my last post my Sims advanced, gained skills and moved forward in their careers all with opportunities turned off. I just didn't have to do the useless busy work.

Maybe my TS4 game is screwy but I've sure seen a bed review when my Sim leaves works because they haven't completed their daily list.
    That is why I still think the Sims 4 is the most RPG game of the series yet. Sims 4 goals aren't optional in most cases and there is no way to work around it. I wish the Sims 4 had options to skip goals all together. I didn't like opportunities in the Sims 3, but the Sims 4 goals are like opportunities on steroids. Super boring, dumb, and annoying. If I wanted to play a game with a boring grind like that, I rather play a MMO. I wish the grind fest stuff would be kept away from the life simulation genre. It just makes the game too unrealistic and feel like a Kim Kardashian game with a mobile goal system.

Even with WA I managed to use teleport here cheat to skip the tasks for the tombs. I didn't like those either.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    April Fools?

I didn't think so. XD

EA would make it sound like it's something that we've never had before, tbh. I can imagine the trailer.
    I just imagine the tagline for it, "Tired of Sims doing angry poops and peeing like a champion? Have no fear with the potty training feature this fiscal quarter. Coming soon to a Sims game near you."
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member

Not a chance - thank goodness
  • Options
    JouvayJouvay Posts: 834 Member

2606.jpg
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member

LOL I wish, but no way
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,763 Member
    When do announcements usually happen after the excited gif?
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    DeadFishy wrote: »
    When do announcements usually happen after the excited gif?
    Following Tuesday, usually around 12-1PM EDT
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    Is there ever a gif for a patch?
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Options
    egandreegandre Posts: 659 Member
    I want toddlers!!! :):D:(;):/:o:s:p:'(:|B):#:*<3o:)
  • Options
    Mizz_Creative48Mizz_Creative48 Posts: 1,044 Member

Yeah sure whatever
    asking.gif
  • Options
    MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member

OH SNAP IT'S ON.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,411 Member
    I hope if it s a patch they announce in bed animations. Whatever it is they're keeping it under wraps. I'd prefer the stuffpack announcement.

Remember TheSims on twitter said Saturday they can't wait to tell us more on the stuff pack.
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    Yoko2112 wrote: »
    Scobre wrote: »
    April Fools?

I didn't think so. XD

Imagine tho if we did get them tomorrow.
    At the end of the patch notes in a small cursive font "Surprise, we added toddlers back in!"
    At Maxis : "So how long did it take till the forums went down ?" "Uhm, 3 secs."

that would be too amazing for words. It makes me sad because it ain't gonna be.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    Tbh now that I think about it I can't remember if she's ever done a gif for a patch, whether it had free stuff or not. I only recall them coming for the teaser and pack announcements
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Scobre wrote: »

That is why I still think the Sims 4 is the most RPG game of the series yet. Sims 4 goals aren't optional in most cases and there is no way to work around it. I wish the Sims 4 had options to skip goals all together. I didn't like opportunities in the Sims 3, but the Sims 4 goals are like opportunities on steroids. Super boring, dumb, and annoying. If I wanted to play a game with a boring grind like that, I rather play a MMO. I wish the grind fest stuff would be kept away from the life simulation genre. It just makes the game too unrealistic and feel like a Kim Kardashian game with a mobile goal system.

Even with WA I managed to use teleport here cheat to skip the tasks for the tombs. I didn't like those either.

I just had my game open to play around a bit. For the first time one of my Sims took another out on a date. They had a list of interactions up in the corner. One was socialize 10 times. I did that. It had order for the table. I did that. Then the food took so long to arrive that he fell over exhausted and the date got a bad review.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options

I just had my game open to play around a bit. For the first time one of my Sims took another out on a date. They had a list of interactions up in the corner. One was socialize 10 times. I did that. It had order for the table. I did that. Then the food took so long to arrive that he fell over exhausted and the date got a bad review.
    That's a shame. Dating should be fun, not stressful to do.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,411 Member
    If backyard is announced tomorrow that would mean were getting a patch Thursday and The SP is coming out Tuesday not to mention the release trailer,blog or blogs and possibly a Live Stream being announced Wednesday for Friday.
  • Options
    Have stuff packs ever been released this close together before?
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Options
    DeadFishy wrote: »
    Have stuff packs ever been released this close together before?
    I don't think so, but they've said they don't have a release pattern or anything. Last month was the first time we got 2 packs in one month
    v5Yd2X5.png