Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 > Sims 4?

Comments

• Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    @CravenLestat - such a well thought out post!
    Don't even get me started on the fact that there isn't a store - that completely eliminates the contests and everything that Gift Gathering used to be about.

As mainly a builder, I feel so outcast and alienated by the Sims 4.

I think this installment completely leaves out so many talented people that played the game THEIR way!

Great post!
  • Options
    DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    Someone needs to come up with a version of The Sims where the main sim sits at a desk with a computer in the middle of a stadium, and all the other sims are seated in the audience, who cheer and perform the Mexican Wave every time the centre sim plays The Sims.
    That is the ultimate fantasy of the people who make these posts.
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Someone needs to come up with a version of The Sims where the main sim sits at a desk with a computer in the middle of a stadium, and all the other sims are seated in the audience, who cheer and perform the Mexican Wave every time the centre sim plays The Sims.
    That is the ultimate fantasy of the people who make these posts.
    This image also comes to mind for me when comparison topics are being made.

212E0D9B9A6F8835403FC359A82382FD-touwtrekken.jpg
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member

Want to just toss this out there. @HappySimmer3 has been saying this forever in tons of ways but the sims 4 players do not get it.

We are not bashers of Sims 4 we are not evil monsters and cruel people, we are "Sims fans" Players who love the Sims ,and that is a sign when the diehard fans start picking the 4th installment apart.

I have known alot of these players who dislike 4 for a long time and let me tell you what kind of people they are.I remember days waking up to go buy some 50 cent flower decor from the sims 3 store and seeing a notification on my gift box.Hit it and someone you never met in real life or in alot of cases never even said hi to on the sims forums bought me Midnight Hollow gold :o If you do not know what that is it is a 35 dollar real life money world a stranger spent 35!!!!!! dollars to be kind expecting nothing in return.That is what kind of people are posting their dislike on the new version.

We love this game,we are not mean people just trolling we want the game to last and improve but it really has not.Improvement does not mean taking away.I said this before and please take this in open minded and honestly it will make sense why we are angry

How do we improve the world and make it feel immersive???

Take OUT open World,reduce the average lots per world from 92 to 26 :/ a Sixty six total reduction in the amount of lots you can work with.Plus take out town editing where you design it however you want then go from no loading screens to one everytime you go anywhere.Also get rid of Create a world

How do we improve on transportation??

Take OUT Cars,trucks,bikes,boats of many kinds on all mentioned plus hoverboards, Limo service taxi service etc..

To

Walk or run in the area you are in or a loading screen.You cannot even cross the street to a house 20 feet away.

How do we improve on family play???

Make it all about young adults and bros and homies and take out toddlers

How do we improve on clothing,furniture,object customization to make it feel like the player is a interior designer or fashion designer.

Take OUT the color wheel which has every infinate and unlimited colors on many zones on everything period.Take OUT preset patterns which also can be colored however you want in various zones.Take OUT create a pattern where every real life pattern ever made can be put in your game even ones you hand drawn yourself.You could draw a bunch of sunflowers take a picture of it then put it in your game and put it on your dresses and couches and bedsheets etc.

To

Here are 12 colors we picked for you wether you like them or not.

Do you see now?? Do I really need to say more?? am I nitpicking ?? Beind dishonest ??

I just quoted this because it is so much well said that it has to be said again and again till all those "TS4 lovers"/"TS3 simmers haters" read and comprehend it

thankyou for saying it @CravenLestat
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    dorcsyfuldorcsyful Posts: 851 Member
    There is one thing that I just can't seem to understand. They sacrificed a LOT of thing in order to make the game run more smoothly. (open world for one) But how exactly do toddlers make the game run slower? I'm not a tech guru but this I just can't seem to understand.
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    Pary wrote: »
    I am baffled a lot of the time when people complain about previous versions building tools, and to some extent the game itself, being "too hard"
    It completely bewilders me. Why would you NOT want the most complete experience for the game, that you can get?
    Why would you not want the most complete compilation of building tools at your disposal?

So all those wonderful tools that we one had, were stripped out of the game, it was turned into a facebook lego app game that a five year old could play, and you can no longer even edit terrain. Everything is simplified and dumbed down to the point where a pre-schooler could master the game in an afternoon.

That's what happens when you throw everything into the "too hard" basket :disappointed:

For me, "too hard" is much better than "dumbed down" and "aimed at children".

• Options
    edited November 2016
    dorcsyful wrote: »
    There is one thing that I just can't seem to understand. They sacrificed a LOT of thing in order to make the game run more smoothly. (open world for one) But how exactly do toddlers make the game run slower? I'm not a tech guru but this I just can't seem to understand.
    Considering that one of the devs at one point (a year prior to release) said "yeah, duh, 'fcourse all life stages will be in", I think they were intended to be in there but there simply wasn't time. This theory is supported by the fact pools, ghosts and family trees were added to the game in the months after release. Rumour has it this lack of time was caused by the fact they had to change an initially online game into an offline game, after the SimCity debacle. They had about one year to do that. So choices had to be made and apparently they figured they could skip a life stage. And toddlers - according to their telemetry results - were the least popular age group in the game. And since that fitted into the 'back to our roots' policy perfectly (this in fact is still an argument for some people defending the choice, Sims 1 didn't have toddlers either), toddlers were scrapped.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    dorcsyfuldorcsyful Posts: 851 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Considering that one of the devs at one point (a year prior to release) said "yeah, duh, 'fcourse all life stages will be in", I think they were intended to be in there but there simply wasn't time. This theory is supported by the fact pools, ghosts and family trees were added to the game in the months after release. Rumour has it this lack of time was caused by the fact they had to change an initially online game into an offline game, after the SimCity debacle. They had about one year to do that. So choices had to be made and apparently they figured they could skip a life stage. And toddlers - according to their telemetry results - were the least popular age group in the game. And since that fitted into the 'back to our roots' policy perfectly (this in fact is still an argument for some people defending the choice, Sims 1 didn't have toddlers either), toddlers were scrapped.

Not having enough time for toddlers I can understand. But to this I can only say what a lot of other people say: it's been two years. I'm not a family player. My problem isn't with the skipped life stage itself. What bothers me is how a baby suddenly transforms into a 10 years old child. That just looks ridicoulus.
    All those toddler stuff in the game files, I'm starting to think someone just put those there to give the players some kind of hope.
  • Options
    KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member
    I don't know what the Devs are really thinking but the Sims 4 don't feel like the 4th Iteration at all. The many stuff missing from previous games made me really wonder why did i bought this game even though i could simply play Sims 2 again with everything including and many more details like Sims acutally using a vehicle or simple stuff like using the elevator but now in Sims 4 they simply teleport. Nothing really gave me a reason to spend more money into this Game again, there is no real improvement to the previous Game. Thats all i have to say.
  • Options
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

Not having enough time for toddlers I can understand. But to this I can only say what a lot of other people say: it's been two years. I'm not a family player. My problem isn't with the skipped life stage itself. What bothers me is how a baby suddenly transforms into a 10 years old child. That just looks ridicoulus.
    All those toddler stuff in the game files, I'm starting to think someone just put those there to give the players some kind of hope.
    I think it indicates initially there definitely would be toddlers ;) Yes, the leap breaks immersion big time, but I also miss the stage as such. And I'm not even a real family player ;) (I do play generations though and I love it all my heirs were toddlers once)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    edited November 2016
    Most sims games have some good stuff as well as their flaws, now I think when it came The Sims 4 - sadly EA isn't gonna care what you are looking for and what you want as its that type of company that only cares about money over quality. Compare to a sims 2 game - you can see the game was extremely attention to detail with every single thing such as weeds growing in your backyard, I believe that because Maxis didn't belong to EA during that time as those game developers have a creative mind and know what they want to add to the game. I also think Sims 3 is a great game as well as it has that vibe towards me where I can change the world the way I want it to.

As someone who has experience in game designs , I think it is no excuse to remove any content that has been done before in previous games as it is literally gonna be the same coding in behind a particular toddler and especially for a swimming pool - they only need a few minor tweaks to it for a new game engine and of course they need to add some of new animation which cannot be hard to do. I am aware that they are trying to make a smoother game but somehow swimming pools added doesn't affect the game performance so cant see why toddlers can?

EDITED: Also they also mentioned that the reason they are not adding toddlers is the fact that they are focusing something more new or important - which I don't really see anything new.
  • Options
    why are we still replying to this SPAM?
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    I guess 'cause your spam is my bologna. :lol::sunglasses:
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    I actually go to the Sims 4 section more now, it seems since CL came out a bit of the negative vibe that was around is gone....a bit. I'm planning on loading up 4 this weekend and really exploring CL.
  • Options
    SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited November 2016
    Colours are far better in the sims 4 than in the sims 3 but no way to compare the two gameplays. Sims 3 is perfectible of course I sometimes miss some awesome realistic interactions from the pie menu from the sims 2 and they could add the search bar and the MOO of the sims 4 no more omsp that ruined a game. The Gurus at that time put a lot of stuffs but occults some as for sms for instance. Why we can't read them in the notification as in the sims 4? Why we can always write love letters and not other types of even hate letters? Why no more prank calls like in the sims 1, other including ambitions carreers Police or the hospital carreer for instance.Sure we got the doctor carreer but that's all. More courses to take at university etc. I don't know yet the game by heart because nobody knows it I think even people who plays it for several years and switched on the sims 4 defintively. It also lack of vets stuffs, pharmacy and shops as well and more illness.
    Ok that's details and it doesn't really stop me to play it I love that game . It globally awesome as it is and sure the Gurus team of the sims 3 made a very marvellous work on it and there is nothing to compare with the sims 4.
    We can't compare ts2 ts3 ts4 and ts0 I mean the basis are the same, the gameplays are different.

Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Options
    Colours are far better in the sims 4 than in the sims 3 but no way to compare the two gameplays. Sims 3 is perfectible of course I sometimes miss some awesome realistic interactions from the pie menu from the sims 2 and they could add the search bar and the MOO of the sims 4 no more omsp that ruined a game. The Gurus at that time put a lot of stuffs but occults some as for sms for instance. Why we can't read them in the notification as in the sims 4? Why we can always write love letters and not other types of even hate letters? Why no more prank calls like in the sims 1, other including ambitions carreers Police or the hospital carreer for instance. More courses to take at university etc. I don't know yet the game by heart because nobody knows it I think even people who plays it for several years and switched on the sims 4 defintively. It also lack of vets stuffs, pharmacy and shops as well and more illness.
    Ok that's details it globally awesome as it is and sure the Gurus team of the sims 3 made a very marvellous work on it .

In the sims 4 despite the improuving (I heard about I just tested it a couple of times not in my computer) it is hardly enjoyable and I am sure sims 4 players can't stay more than 4 hours except for decorating on it.
    Red is red and blue is blue;
    How are TS4 colours (far) better for you?

(yeah, feeling poetic B) )
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    Do not fall for the trap,Don't Let @JoAnne65 get started with poetry, next thing you know this whole thread will sound like a Dr.Suess book. :(

:D

Kidding

But yeah wondering that too how baby blue is better than umm baby blue :|

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    I respectfully disagree that the colors are better in Sims 4. It's more colorful, to me anyway, as it has more saturated and brighter colors. I personally don't equate that as better.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Sorry! I couldn't help myself! :D:p
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    TS0? I must have missed something, this one sounds like the Diet version of TS1. ;)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    @Odonata68 Where did you find the hair in the second picture ? I'm always looking for nice wavy hair like this :smile:
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Do not fall for the trap,Don't Let @JoAnne65 get started with poetry, next thing you know this whole thread will sound like a Dr.Suess book. :(

:D

Kidding

But yeah wondering that too how baby blue is better than umm baby blue :|

Hehe :mrgreen:

Edit: wow @Odonata68 , much better than poetry ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Has anyone taken a tally of how many for 3 in this thread vs how many for 4? It is a 3 vs 4 thread, as the title specifically says. Interesting to know. In the other 3 vs 4 threads too. That is the purpose of them yes?
    Perhaps a tally would satisfy the OPs
  • Options
    JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    Candyd wrote: »
    @Odonata68 Where did you find the hair in the second picture ? I'm always looking for nice wavy hair like this :smile:

I believe it's this one.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top