Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 > Sims 4?

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    SimFan298 wrote: »
    This whole thread makes me feel like something is horribly wrong with me for thinking that Sims 4 is better to play than Sims 3. I'm so alone on this opinion...
    I like Diner Dash. It's cute and the puzzles are fun to solve. Except that I don't usually find myself drawn in to the extent where I'm planning out my next generations' storylines during idle moments (on a train, relaxing offline, etc.) with any other game as I do with TS3. There was one once, it was kind of like Civilization, but I played that one out all of the ways I really wanted to many years ago.

(shrugs) I don't really care what other people think of my gaming preferences and I'm sure they aren't sitting on the edge of their seats waiting to hear what I think of theirs either. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    This whole thread makes me feel like something is horribly wrong with me for thinking that Sims 4 is better to play than Sims 3. I'm so alone on this opinion...

I doubt you are alone preferring Sims 4, play what you like. I've tried to like 4 and I give it another go every once in a while but it's not growing on me so I play what I like, Sims 3.

• AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member

considering you're in the sims 3 section...
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,280 Member
    edited November 2016

Not to sound rude but if you think that TS4 is better to play than TS3, then why do you keep coming back here to the TS3 section when you should be over in the TS4 section talking about the game that you much prefer to play? Is it to get a reaction from players who prefer TS3 over TS4?

I'm sure that you are not alone when it comes to preferring TS4 over TS3. I'm sure that you will find more people over in the TS4 section that would rather play a game with loading screens and not in an open world like TS3. Or to play a Sims version without toddlers since some people seem to think that toddlers is an useless life stage to have in any Sims games so therefore they should never be added. I could go on and on with stuff that TS3 has that TS4 doesn't have but I won't since we all know that TS4 isn't completed like TS3 is and TS4 still have a ways to go before EA moves on to TS5 if there will be a TS5.

Post edited by lisasc360 on
  • Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    I prefer TS4 aesthetic but TS3 worlds are pure magic :star: Isla Paradiso my love~!

Astro wrote: »

considering you're in the sims 3 section...

Awww gummon son. The world is not against you. They way you're goin son people are just gonna disregard you more. Be at peace.
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • dorcsyfuldorcsyful Posts: 851 Member
    coco wrote: »
    Everyone likes what they like. If you go into the Sims 4 forum you'll find people who prefer that game.

No offense, but do you read that section? There are a lot of critisising threads there which could easily make people feel that they are alone on that opinion.
  • cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    dorcsyful wrote: »
    Everyone likes what they like. If you go into the Sims 4 forum you'll find people who prefer that game.
    No offense, but do you read that section? There are a lot of critisising threads there which could easily make people feel that they are alone on that opinion.
    Well no I don't really read that section all the time because I don't play it. I see a lot of picture sharing threads though and then there's the creative sub forum. :neutral:
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member

Why does anyone care? The people who criticize TS4 are horribly disappointed because they *wanted* to love it! They care about the franchise and are concerned about the direction it's going. They want things to improve. People who do like the game should be concerned TBH, because if all these people don't get replaced with new simmers who do love it then there might not be a TS4 game in the years to come. The wider its appeal, the more successful it will be and the longer it will be around.

Even if you (not necessarily you specifically, but people who do like the game) can't relate to any of that, why does it even matter what other people say about it? There have been some aweful comments made about TS3 (and are still made, for that matter) and yet it never stopped me from enjoying the game. I really have trouble understanding this attitude that the disappointed players are ruining things for others. And besides I see plenty of positive threads in that forum so to act like they all get trashed is a gross exaggeration.

The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • dorcsyfuldorcsyful Posts: 851 Member

Why does anyone care? The people who criticize TS4 are horribly disappointed because they *wanted* to love it! They care about the franchise and are concerned about the direction it's going. They want things to improve. People who do like the game should be concerned TBH, because if all these people don't get replaced with new simmers who do love it then there might not be a TS4 game in the years to come. The wider its appeal, the more successful it will be and the longer it will be around.

Even if you (not necessarily you specifically, but people who do like the game) can't relate to any of that, why does it even matter what other people say about it? There have been some aweful comments made about TS3 (and are still made, for that matter) and yet it never stopped me from enjoying the game. I really have trouble understanding this attitude that the disappointed players are ruining things for others. And besides I see plenty of positive threads in that forum so to act like they all get trashed is a gross exaggeration.

I know there are a lot of positive ones. I still read the fav screenshot thread even though I haven't played the game in months. But, for example, on the first few days after CL came out I saw more crisizing threads than "I love it" ones (although that might be because I hid the feedback section as I've had enough of all the "why TS4 is a bad game" kind of stuff).
    Unfortunately I'm the kind of person who tends to pay a lot more attention to negativity than one should, even if it doesn't really affect me or my opinion on the game.
  • SimFan298SimFan298 Posts: 1,079 Member

I know there are a lot of positive ones. I still read the fav screenshot thread even though I haven't played the game in months. But, for example, on the first few days after CL came out I saw more crisizing threads than "I love it" ones (although that might be because I hid the feedback section as I've had enough of all the "why TS4 is a bad game" kind of stuff).
    Unfortunately I'm the kind of person who tends to pay a lot more attention to negativity than one should, even if it doesn't really affect me or my opinion on the game.

I hate to admit it, but I'm the same way.

@Astro I'm in the sims 3 section because I love the sims 3 as much as Sims 4, even with its bugs and all that jazz.
    Origin ID: theAidster21

The Sims has always been an important part of my life, and may it continue to be so! Long live Sims!

[Due to some kind of glitch, I am unable to insert photos into my signature for some reason.]
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member

I think that might be human nature. Kind of like when someone criticizes me I tend to take it far more to heart than when someone compliments me. :p

I don't know if this helps, but the thing to remember is that a lot of people keep expecting 'the next pack' to be some kind of game-changer and magically turn TS4 into a better game. When news comes out and the features they were hoping for don't appear, hope turns to disappointment. Still another thing to consider is that it's NOT always the same person starting those threads (even if there are several familiar simmers who often post in them) and by that I mean that TS4 is controversial and is going to be an ongoing disappointment to different people at different points in time, and they all have a right to state how they feel about it even if to some people it sounds like the same song playing over and over.

If TS3 has been controversial, TS4 has doubled down on that because now there are people who not only like TS3 who are disappointed but some who like TS2 are disappointed, too. Anyway, hiding a section that's upsetting or annoying you is a perfectly acceptable solution. :)
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Personally, I feel if you find yourself paying more attention to negativity and letting it affect you adversely, then that is on you, no one else.
    People like what they like, and dislike what they don't like. Nobody's criticisms should affect your enjoyment of your game, neither should you let it.
    Unless of course you feel the need for validation from everyone else, and then you have an issue.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • GracefellGracefell Posts: 154 Member
    Color wheels.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member

I hate to admit it, but I'm the same way.

@Astro I'm in the sims 3 section because I love the sims 3 as much as Sims 4, even with its bugs and all that jazz.
    I think they mean it's not that odd in this section a lot of people prefer TS3. If they didn't they would have moved on to the next iteration.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited November 2016
    The Sims 4 Feedback section at this very moment:

image_zpsujtcrshk.png

It's mainly topics started by actual Sims 4 players concerning something in the game (missing something, or requesting to change something, like the light bulbs that are connected to the new lot traits). As you can see I as a critic am not very interested in most of those topics myself. I didn't open them, or I opened them quite some time ago. Two topics I did open recently and even commented in this morning, contain a discussion about how skills and traits could add more personality to sims (in general, it's rather discussing the franchise and how we'd love to see things handled, than specifically reflecting on Sims 4) and how angry poops are not funny to a lot of people, but apparently an inheritance of the same - flawed - system in Sims 3 (nobody liked). In short: a discussion about how traits could matter more in general. A lot of what is discussed in topics like that, would also fit in the Ideas section.

I genuinely wonder what people are expecting from that section. A load of thank you thank you thank you threads?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Miranda0233Miranda0233 Posts: 91 Member
    I definitely prefer sims 3. Sims 4 just lacks content.
  • HaskorentaroHaskorentaro Posts: 250 Member
    I force myself to play the sims 4, lack many things from being open minded, direction, content, favor, ans style.
    I give sims 4 a very low rating, and can't bring myself to buy expansion packs.

Feels like the sims 4 was meant to be mobile, now if it was on tablets and phones then it will be the best in that class.
    Like 3 expansion packs later, we get only 2 life states and temporary moodlet version.
    Player interaction feels flat, the atmosphere is dull like.

Dont get me wrong as the sims 4 did character creator good, load times(then again closed world), and x64 support.
    I'll pay for a sims 3 x64 update.
    tumblr_n5aovvMXfM1rwvdy0o1_500.gif
  • Gaming_CultureGaming_Culture Posts: 13 New Member
    Hey guys :D I made a little video to help some people out called '10 Things You Didn't Know In Sims 4' If you see it, hope it helps!! :)
    Happy Gaming!!
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSjEDl_UBJ8
  • KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    Feels like the sims 4 was meant to be mobile, now if it was on tablets and phones then it will be the best in that class.
    Like 3 expansion packs later, we get only 2 life states and temporary moodlet version.
    Player interaction feels flat, the atmosphere is dull like.

I think it would be a cute game to play on a tablet. There are things I like about it - but the one thing I can't seem to do is get immersed in the game and actually *care* about my Sim.
    Weirdly, for me it's often small stuff I can't get past. In Sims 4 it's the UI. I can't cope with the constant switch in background colour and facial expression in the UI. And the longer I play, the more it annoys me. And that in itself is a sign, I think - if I truly loved the game and got immersed in it, something small like that would have stopped bugging me a long time ago. It's more of a symptom than the cause of me not playing, if that makes sense...
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    I've been lurking on this thread loads and thought I'd finally come out of the shadows.

I've been playing since Sims 1, but didn't integrate myself into the community until just after Sims 3 was released. Up until then, I had mainly been a player, but once I discovered the Gift Gathering section of the forums, I started to enter competitions and became more of a builder/designer, eventually moving on to hosting many contests too. I loved the closeness of Gift Gathering, but since the Sims 4 came out, the forums have never been the same and boy do I miss it like crazy! I'm going to be hosting a contest over there starting soon, hoping to bring back a little bit of the magic that once was.

Funny thing is, I never remember the forums being so disjointed and full upset when the Sims 3 came out (I actually don't know if there was a Sims 2 section on the old forums).

I played Sims 4 for a little bit - yes, the CAS tools were cool, but I can't get over how plastic the Sims look and when I played, how plastic they acted. I've never been back. As a builder/decorator, I can't get over the lack of CASt - it feels to me like the creators ostracised a HUGE group of Simmers (although I know many who do like to build and decorate in Sims 4) with that decision.

Anyway, I tend to be a rambler, so I'll just say that I hope if they do come out with a Sims 5, they actually do listen to what more Simmers want. For me the Sims franchise hasn't been geared toward children until now - it feels very childish and it feels like a slap in the face to long time Simmers.

Right, I rambled again...back to the shadows I go! :)
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    @aricarai , don't vanish back into the shadows, stay and participate in some threads ! The people in this section really are lovely, and there isn't any drama ( usually )
    The scenery and sim threads are nice, it would be lovely to see some pictures of your game.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    edited November 2016
    Pary wrote: »
    @aricarai , don't vanish back into the shadows, stay and participate in some threads ! The people in this section really are lovely, and there isn't any drama ( usually )
    The scenery and sim threads are nice, it would be lovely to see some pictures of your game.

@Pary - thanks for the welcome! I'll stick around for sure. I will flit between here and GG - I am going to be starting a contest over there pretty soon and I hope I can drum up loads of interest for it. I like the places with no drama. I'll check out those threads you mentioned - thank you :)
  • HaidenHaiden Posts: 3,841 Member
    I have all Ts4 stuff, but like many I find the game play lacking, I do however like the way Ts4 sims look, but that's it. It always makes me feel like I'm playing a tablet game lol.

Anyway after a long hiatus away from the sims in general (playing to much Witcher) I reinstalled all my whole Ts3 collection, unfortnaly I did an idiotic thing. The external HDD that I do all my back ups on (which included all my store content and ts3 legacy saves) I ended up formatting! How you ask....trying to do to much at once and not paying attention lol. I bought a new ROG Asus gaming laptop and wanted to do a back up...easy, done it a million times before. Problem was I wanted to create a recovery drive to, which called for a 16 gig flash drive. I have a 16 gig flash drive, problem is I also have a 8 gig flash drive that looks the same. Long story short.... I plugged in the 8gig one instead of the 16gig (but still had the external HDD plugged in) not paying proper attention to the pop up message (saying Windows will format the selected drive, I clicked ok) obviously it auto selected the external drive since the USB I installed did not have enough space.......hence I ended up formatting it......I was sad/cross and cussed at myself.

Fortunately I had all my store content and worlds still installed on my old previous laptop so I just pulled the files from the downloads folder......but my mega legacy and totally customized Hidden Springs world save is gone. So I'm on a fresh start, fortunate my legacy family (generation one) was on the old laptop to, I played that family for the whole of ts3 ......it truly was a sad day.

So I'm back in Ts3 world again, starting all over.....it's fun, entertaining, and I can play for longer than an hour without getting bored :)

I've rambled on long enough..... :mrgreen:
  • cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    @Haiden I'm sorry to hear this. It must have been devastating. I'm glad to hear that you're playing again though, feel free to share some pictures of your family with us :smile:
  • KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    @Haiden I'm so sorry this happened to you. But 'm glad to hear that this disaster isn't keeping you from playing!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top