Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My S3 Game

Comments

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @Deshong04 I am also wondering did you build these apartment type buildings?

287hlxk.jpg

Everything feels like New York to me :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    Your sims are so cool and full of attitude! :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited July 2016
    @coco Thank you. Yes, it's from the store here. http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:55077&scategoryId=11772

@Simmerville Thank you. :p

@king_of_simcity7 That is the combo RH in Moonlight Falls for the school and stadium, I think. So far I'm playing an empty Moonlight Falls except the houses I've built or downloaded and RH's. One of those games where I start to add in community lots and other houses little by little.

==================================

Thought it would take me a lot longer to do these but not the case at all. Nathaniel and Trinity are 44, yes they got married very young and started a family and since figuring out the ages I didn't want to delete some of the grandkids so some of the kids followed in their parent's footsteps. Not that this information matters but I remember going to high school and a girl in my class who was 16 at the time was getting married. No, it's not common but apparently, it happens. Hopefully for the right reasons with many, many wonderful years ahead of them.

Jonathon is the first born and 27 years old. Not married and no kids.
    1566e60.png

This is Carlston, second born and 25 years old. Married with 4 kids.
    19mbt5.png

Genesis is the third born and 23. Married with 5 kids.
    dqqo2.png

Paige/21/Fourth born. Married with 6 kids.
    24e40ar.png

Ryne/19/Fifth.
    14in6yo.png

Hunter/17/Sixth...Choice/17/Seventh...Twins...I cheated using NRass. Hunter is naturally blonde.
    defes.png
    dvlcw5.png

Velvet/15/Eighth...Jules/15/Ninth...Twins...Don't remember if I cheated or not.
    21b6brl.png
    o0co60.png

Dallin/12/Tenth
    119cpde.png

Faith/10/Eleventh...Ryin/10/Twelvth...Twins...I'm sure these twins are not cheats.
    vn05y0.png
    2jg9mq8.png
    Ryin is the only child who has preset features with all sliders on zero. Kind of disappointing and kind of not. I think it's realistic because not all kids look like either parent but I wish the genetics system was more advanced than just using preset settings. Sidenote: I told myself once I get a child that inherits Trinity's skin tone I would stop them from having kids. But apparently, that was a lie because it is just too much fun. Seriously, though, I'm going to have to work on the kids as they get older. While I do want the Rumbaa family to be the most prominent, I don't want the Rumbaa's to overrun the neighorhood. This is why I'll be creating other families/sims eventually but also the Otokie-Eboh family is supposed to be a big family too but not as big. I can't wait to get them in the game to play as them.
    166al55.jpg
    Sidenote 2: Ryin originally had blue eyes but I remember my game crashed restarting the pregnancy from where I had last saved. I thought about changing it but then thought...no leave it. It also seems like Ryin previously might have inherited his parent's genes.
    21m69sg.jpg

Alex/8/Thirteenth
    syugy0.png

Madison/6/Fourteenth
    1z3udy9.png
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    I finally got the Otokie-Eboh family in-game. For now, though, they have a temporary house I built quickly until I get around to building them a better house.

10dgtx5.jpg
    I forgot to add a ceiling and roof...oops, lol.

zm02vk.jpg
    I'm not going to remember all their names and I'll be surprised if I do. Kibwe, Abeni, Chi and ? I know it's not Tendai, maybe Akachi? No, I think that was the kids' name or was it the toddlers....

2zyvpd4.jpg
    ege83k.jpg
    Hunter came over to visit.

ekp4r6.jpg
    10nvol4.jpg
    Hunter and Kibwe showing the peace signs before he leaves.

359bipl.jpg
    Had this happen to Abeni and Chi. Odd since that rarely happens.

10zy23d.jpg
    14dkewp.jpg
    Tendai went to Andreia and Carmen's house after school.

11smlx0.jpg
    I think this was Bamboo Egg Soup something. I just felt like taking a picture but it was a meal that I think one of the sister's made while Tendai was visiting. They were good hosts because my sim was hungry but I'm pretty sure they were too but it was nice to make extra.

30if7kj.jpg
    Bath time and then bedtime.

idyfbs.jpg
    Trying to catch a fish for school but he didn't catch anything. It was getting late and he didn't even start his homework yet.

f9e4bd.jpg
    You know what's annoying? Remember in TS2 when you were in Tab Mode if you forgot to put the walls up you could do that while still in Tab Mode. But in TS3 you cannot, you have to exit to put the walls up and then go back to Tab Mode. Why did EA disable that minor but useful mechanic?

1rx1ub.jpg
    20uv3mc.jpg
    In the Rumbaa household, the car is fixed, bought another car, Velvet and Jules learned how to drive.

117u348.jpg
    Ryin caught a bug. Eventually, he will have a bug collection.

s1tj5w.jpg
    This is so like me unintentionally, lol.

154dc0k.jpg
    Anyone else have problems with invisible performers?

Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    tesarilytesarily Posts: 56 Member
    Wow, I love your sims :smiley: I'm definitely following this thread to see what goes on in the lives of the Otokie-Eboh family.
  • Options
    Thank you, I'm glad you find them interesting. :)
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options

This is currently the Otokie-Eboh's home. They have a long way to go before having enough money to afford the house they have their sight on. Or I could have them take out a loan to buy the house and then pay off the mortgage until they pay the loan in full. One of Ani's mod could help with that...sounds fun.
    2uolzk8.jpg

Taking a look at the house they want from the outside. Inside is not done yet but I'm sure they can't wait until open house. That should be interesting.
    t7fkw1.jpg

Kibwe, the man of the house, is working his way up in the Education career. After that, he plans to become a University professor. I'm not sure yet what I want Fatima, his wife, to do but I'm thinking along the lines of a small business. I really want something like a small but nice restaurant that opens and closes according to school hours because she doesn't want to work through her kids precious moments in life. Since most of the kids are school age, Udo, the youngest child, can tag along with his mom. I don't know how that would work but seems interesting to try out. I know when I played TS2 it was interesting bringing their son there, although a child. I'll have to recreate them in TS2 since I lost my save. I might even create them in TS3 too.
    2rm2zkl.jpg
    1z63yn6.jpg

From left to right: Chi, Abeni, Akachi-child, Kibwe with Udo on his shoulders, Tendai, Fatima, and Kanyin. They decided to take a casual family portrait. I feel I've done better than this but I do plan on doing more. Although time-consuming, for me, it's worth it because I enjoy documenting my sims.
    2cfxohy.jpg

Remember that school opportunity where Chi needed to catch a fish for the science lab? Well, I sent him to a different location this time.
    30x7dxj.jpg

Success, he got a...anchovy? I think that's what it is, I forgot. So he finally completed the opportunity and he's doing really well in school along with the rest of his siblings. Yeah, I'm one of those players who like to zoom in just because I like to get a better look to see how much time, effort and thought went into it. For example, when I play video games like Heavy Rain, I take my time to explore the environment and just enjoy looking at the details that went into the game visually besides gameplay wise.
    2qu6bkp.jpg
    23ua5jn.jpg

Someone has a romantic interest.
    8yc1ep.jpg

Tendai was asked out to prom by Carmen. They ended up sharing their first kiss and making it official. Unfortunately, the prom feature takes place inside a RH so I'll have to stage the event to get a nice picture. I think Tendai is getting serious anytime this pops into his mind.
    2wbw186.png

Starr brought some of her kids over for a play date with Akachi.
    kcjdpg.jpg

Kanyin wanted to go swimming so I had him invite his romantic interest, that he met at prom, along as well. One of EA's generated sims, I forgot her name, though.
    2eg6ted.jpg
    2encok3.jpg

Akachi and Udo playing with blocks.
    2nl62dw.jpg

With making sure the kids homework is done, doing well in school, gaining and/or improving skills, keeping family bonds in good standing, work and whatever else...it's kind of difficult to find some time for the parents. But that's why I like big families because of the challenge and the more the merrier. :smiley:
    33z8fvo.jpg

I like how the snow melts so realistically. Even the snow on the mountains from the winter storms is melting.
    mj1g93.jpg
    35n7erb.jpg

So cute seeing the kids playing.
    o9o7d0.jpg

Abeni plans on becoming a surgeon and will be going to University. Right now she has a part-time job at the bookstore and I'm working on her logic skill. I might end up either switching her to a full-time job or she could work with her mother towards a successful restaurant. Only thing, though, Abeni can't cook. Poor Chi and Fatima who tried being nice eating her food but got sick.
    2lwt2lz.jpg
    14943f4.jpg

She's great at helping Udo learn, though. If things go well, she'll leave the cooking to her mother.
    97v7nc.jpg

I used to have Udo in the same room as the rest of the kids but with most of them having school and being woken up earlier than they would like, was not a good idea.
    161hsa0.jpg

So now he is where he should have been all along, lol.
    e6xesy.jpg

Kibwe wanted to make a friend so I sent him over to Obi and Paige's house. (Sidenote: That family could use an interesting makeover. They are both in over their heads and clearly moved too fast. )
    anoevc.jpg

Yeah, wow. Well, he didn't stay for long. :D
    8xiz53.jpg
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,215 Member
    @Deshong04 - Beautiful Family and Beautiful Pictures. Like you, I enjoy the challenges a large family brings and I LOVE documenting my Sims development.

Developing a small family owned restaurant is a great idea and also a lot of fun, I've created several over the course of my various game plays. One thing I always did when designing my restaurants was build a back office and lounge area equip with cribs, potty chair and toys for the Sim family operating the business; this way my newborns and toddlers could go to work with my Sims (I strongly dislike the babysitters).

After school I would route the kids to their parents restaurant and let them hang out there for a while to do their homework, chat or have a small snack. All family members contribute to the restaurant from time to time. Since my Sims cook all foods from their home, children sometimes have to make store runs for ingredients. If there are teens in my household, they are also called upon to help out as delivery personnel (They take food to various community lots, I hate to see townie Sims starve). The possibilities for various restaurants and game play are endless!

On A Different Note:
    I am really enjoying your family and would love to see how they develop.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @Deshong04 nice pictures you have been sharing in this thread :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    @mw1525 Thank you. Nice of you to share some of your gameplay ideas. Now I have more to work with how I want to continue. I'm glad you enjoy the family and their progress.

@king_of_simcity7 Thank you.

===========================

A few days ago I was looking at what Kurasoberina's uses in her game. I didn't know what DSR was so I looked it up. Apparently, it came with an update for certain NVidia cards and since mine was listed as compatible I thought I would try it out. But it looked really bad, lol. Maybe because of my 19in monitor but you know 1440x900 is still a really good resolution to me. Instead, it got me wondering if there was something else to improve the overall look of TS3. I don't really know much about tweaking the NVidia settings but thought I would give it a try. Originally, ambient occlusion was set to performance but I switched to quality. (You know what? I just checked, it's not even supported for TS3. I probably should use the settings just for the application instead of globally.)
    Anisotropic filtering was 2x > 4x > 8x but since I don't notice any difference in performance, why not 16x?
    And I think Antialiasing - FXAA was off so I turned it on or maybe it was already on, I don't remember.

The difference I notice is that just everything looks more clear, defined and less blurry. Or maybe it's just my imagination. :D

============================

I'm not sure if I'm done yet but decided to go back to my other game to finish up the sims I had been working on. I don't know why I had their everyday outfits set as their night out attire but I changed that.
    3339ug4.jpg

So here is what their everyday outfits looks like. This is Vivian, the pink one. I changed her make up to nude to soften her face. All those bright colors were not working.
    2ljlyk3.jpg
    125ggvt.jpg

Leeta-Black, Tan & White
    szbejn.jpg
    ddz8sk.jpg

Elena-Purple & Blue
    16krptu.jpg
    Screenshot_186.jpg

Hikari-Red & Black
    210x6rn.jpg
    2ih1150.jpg

Nia-Bronze
    ll82b.jpg
    2lsu0y.jpg

Anya-Silver
    55grig.jpg
    2h84sq8.jpg

Alessandra-Turquiose
    2hz1h8y.jpg
    msj91w.jpg

Gina-Gold
    23w2xwk.jpg
    27y00t2.jpg

They all share two of the same traits which are social butterfly and night owl. They all share the same LTW, Super Popular.

I'm curious what they all would like in my other game.
    Post edited by Deshong04 on
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    I really love all those makeovers but one of those pictures doesn't belong :expressionless:@Deshong04
  • Options
    @coco I don't see anything that doesn't belong. Unless you explain because I don't know but otherwise if want you have the right to report anything you feel is not right. If the mods want to close, delete this topic or part of it is fine. Their rules but from what I understand I am not aware of breaking any. Basically, I don't see things the way others do sometimes so it's confusing when now this would be the 2nd time someone says one of the pictures does not belong. Mind you not from this topic, though.
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    That's weird that you can't see it. It's between your Elena and Hikari pictures. Just check there's not an extra link there because what I see is a girl in the nude. I suspect tinypic is adding an extra picture in with your links, it's so bizarre. @Deshong04

I've seen this kind of picture before on these forums, not sure what topic though. I don't think it's me because I've been using my pc and a tablet.
  • Options
    @coco I don't see anything between Elena and Hikari, not even when I click edit. I'm only seeing the TinyPic links/pictures I posted, I don't see any extra picture or link. I'm glad I don't see that. But that may explain why the other poster accused me of posting something inappropriate. Not sure why it's something they are seeing but I don't. I can't correct something that's not on my end.

You say you've seen that before, I've never seen anything inappropriate like that from other posters, although not sure how many uses TinyPic. Perhaps it could be a virus or something you may have picked up? I really don't know.
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    @Deshong04 I've got no answer either. I don't use tinypic and I scan with antivirus software nearly every day. I just went on this thread using my phone while I was signed out and I can still see the picture. Maybe try using another browser or logging out to see what I see. I can see that the link of the image ends in 5bl1e.jpg .
  • Options
    The image that ends in 5bl1e.jpg when I preview it by itself or look at it from the post above, I see a close-up of my sim Elena. Are you seeing the second picture of Elena or that other picture you saw in place of? If so, maybe there's something not right with the loading on the smart phone web browser that could be giving a different picture than what is actually there? Perhaps there is something about tinypic links that doesn't always display correctly?

After logging out...nothing, even after using IE...nothing. I don't have a smart phone so I can't check that way myself. Do you still see it when you're on your computer, not your smart phone?
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    @Deshong04 Whatever you did it worked. The picture is gone now and I can see the closeup of Elena. I'm pretty sure that all I could see before was one picture of Elena. I wanted to post a screenshot of my screen but didn't want to get in trouble.

Just before I tried it out on my computer using a different browser and logged out and could still see it. I even emptied any tinypic cookies I had and it was still there. So it was appearing on all three of my devices no matter if I was signed in or not. I can't figure out why it was there but I'm glad we sort of solved it. I'll let you know if I see anything else :)

So sorry for derailing this thread btw :pensive:

Edit: It seems like other people have had similar things happen to them with Tinypic
  • Options
    @coco The only thing I did was log out and back in, besides take a look at the post in edit mode to see if there were any unknown links I didn't post. Otherwise, I didn't change anything.

No problem for derailing, I think it was really relevant and insightful to help understand what the problem is. The link you posted, I can't view, it says 'File not found'. So I guess there is something wrong with tinypic. I probably should start looking into using a different site. I appreciate your patience and helpfulness. Thank you. :smiley:
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    @Deshong04 I can see the nude picture again, it's replacing the closeup of Elena :tired_face:. I think the problem lies with Tinypic. I'm not sure why you can't see the link but it was basically a thread about Tinypic replacing old links of pictures with newer links. Not sure if that's what's happening here though. I wonder if anyone else can see it..
  • Options
    @Deshong04 & @coco - I don't know if this helps, I am on my PC using Firefox Browser (current version), PC fully protected and I am unable to see any additional images in this thread.

However, it is not uncommon for webpages to display various content on different devices. A good example would be when I access the net from one of my other OS machines, XP doesn't fully display the same thing as Vista nor Seven even though they all use the Firefox Browser.

Whatever is happening it has to be on tinypics end since the links are currently active.
  • Options
    Thanks @mw1525. I just tried viewing this page on my Apple iPod and I can still see the image. That's 4 different devices with different browsers. I'm really not sure why only I can see it. I see a nude Asian girl but when I copy the image's link it opens the sims picture on tinypic that it's supposed to be. I think this is a situation where anyone who sees these images will just have to ignore them :confused:.
  • Options
    @coco - Okay, Since only you can see this image, now might be a good time to ask yourself why a naked Asian girl is following you...hmmmmm! (just kidding of course!) Hopefully, it will disappear from your view as well.
  • Options
    @mw1525 Talk about unwanted attention lol :tongue:
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    @coco Is it fixed? I just edited that post and switched that one picture from tinypic to postimage. As far as if anyone else can see it or did see it, maybe. I know why now I was accused of posting something inappropriate when I didn't and I think there were like two likes who agreed with that poster. But it's no wonder I thought it odd that no one else was saying anything about it because, like me, they didn't see it either.

@mw1525 I use Firefox as well and also my computer is protected. Maybe Firefox and/or whatever program we are using is blocking whatever tinypic is messing up?
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    @Deshong04 - Ah, the joys of the digital age! Whatever software @coco has on her machines they are sensitive enough to reveal what I suspect was to remain unseen. It could be a few things going on but it definitely isn't your pictures!

@Deshong04 - Are your 'Barbie Doll' Sims going to be models? I'm currently trying to integrate models into my Starlight Shores world; I want them but I am drawing a blank on how to use them. I really love your Vivian & Elena Sims, I think them gorgeous!