Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My S3 Game

Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
I didn't think of starting a new Sims game by creating another user account on my computer until I read it somewhere here. So that's what I did. I wanted to keep it simple so the only mods so far are NRass MC/Integrations/Cheats/Overwatch/Errortrap, Traveler, No CD, No Intro, No Maxis Intro, Pose Player/Packs along with some items that go along with some of the poses.

Because of there being lodges in Hidden Springs, I've always associated that world as a winter paradise for wintry vacations. If only there were real ski resorts, sledding, skiing and snowboarding down hills in the world. Moving along, one sim named Tonya Samuels I just created and the other sim Fu Lin I had created a long time ago but I changed her name, it was Mulan Faa. Around the time Barnacle Bay came out is when I created her I think. Speaking of still having her saved sim file, I've discovered I've also saved a lot of my early sims over the years. There are a lot of makeovers I want to do and this would be a perfect opportunity to create my own CAS tutorial to keep track of different variations in eyes, noses, etc. So if I want a specific look, all I need to do is just look at my tutorial to get the specifics of how to create the exact or similar appearance. Knowing the numerical value of each slider greatly helps but of course I'll be sure to leave the settings EA default to go no further pass the original 256 limit. And then from there I can just exaggerate the features for even more unique customizations.

So this is Tonya Samuels.
15yt1uc.jpg

And Fu Lin.
2ymy4iw.jpg

Posing together.
2hoirll.jpg
hsqscy.jpg

I've set Hidden Springs to winter endlessly, lol.
osg1fs.jpg
14lswlx.jpg
“What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
Stand a little taller
Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
Footsteps even lighter”
Post edited by Deshong04 on

Comments

• Options
    GoulsquashGoulsquash Posts: 715 Member
    That's the vibe I got from Hidden Springs as well, but I've never actually played there. Looks like the start to a fun game :)
    My Blog - Currently updating Aurora Skies!
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Awesome pictures! :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member
    What does creating another user account on your pc do to the game ?ive never created another user on my pc before so I'm curious
    Happy Simming!♥
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Great Sims, and Hidden Springs looks beautiful in snow. :smiley:
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Thanks everyone.

@MemoriiValentine Creating each new user account (UA) allows you to have multiple Sims games without all the switching files/settings back and forth on one UA. I've read this is also ideal for two persons or more who share the same computer and play The Sims 3 differently. Everything that you set up for each accounts game settings will only apply to that account. So besides that, it also means you have to set up an internet browser if you don't want to use the default and making your desktop look how you want it. Shortcuts to some games will have to be redone though. The desktop is pretty much like new.

Something else you could do is use Sims Game Selector 3.0 (http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=499140) and set it up where you only play the BG or BG and one EP, etc without uninstalling anything. I can see that being useful for Let's Plays or anyone interested in exploring just the BG or each EP separately without anything not related getting in the way. Or I suppose having patch 1.69 should work as well.
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    Not sure about all the basic eye shapes or attributes but I think I am done for now. Haven't taken most pictures to show but in time I'll get around to that. In the meantime I do have an example of my droopy eyes. Now that I have the numerical values of the sliders, I can copy those eyes exactly and then tweak it from there. It's too bad TS3 never implemented a feature where players could save their own presets with eyes/noses/mouths/eyebrows/face shape.

e5jihg.jpg
    ouy04x.jpg

And of course the created sim is using EA's limit of 256. Creating different looking sims in TS3 is a fun challenge to me. TS3 CAS is not difficult to learn but I will say it does take some skill to get the creative looking sims. I also learned not to be afraid of having a slider or more on 0 because I've noticed in some cases it helps to get a specific look.

Didn't play too much today but I did get this screenshot of Max, Tonya's adopted puppy, begging for food.
    nxj31t.jpg

I'll most likely wait until I'm done figuring out different mouth, nose and face shapes before remaking Tonya. I like her but she didn't come out the way I envisioned her so I'd like to try again, lol.
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    Love the new sim! She almost has a Betty Boop kinda feel :)
  • Options
    Thank you. :)
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Yes, that's who she reminded me of, Betty Boop!
    I really love the girl on the right here:

hsqscy.jpg

So much character.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Thanks. As I was creating the sim with the droopy eyes, Lucille Baker, she reminded me of Lucille Ball from I Love Lucy and a bit of Marilyn Monroe although neither was an inspiration for the character. I kept trying hairstyles until I saw one that fit her face so well then figured she looks like a retro classy lady so dressed her in a simple white dress. She is going to be a movie star who probably will live in Roaring Heights. She reminds you of Betty Boop like Goulsquash? That's neat. Now that you guys mention it, if I dye her hair black then she'll look more the part to play as Betty Boop, lol.

Yes, Fu Lin is definitely one of my favorite sims. :)
    It would have been nice if EA included a slider specifically for sims with a monolid, though. But I did the best I could with what's provided.
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    She also reminds me of fifties pin-up girl pictures, not just Betty Boop. And yes, now that you mention it, she also looks like Lucy (especially the shape of her mouth).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    K_MollyK_Molly Posts: 39 Member
    The screenshot of Tonya and Fu is awesome. I also love how Fu looks. Lucille Baker looks great too. I think you are really good at creating sims. I enjoy trying to create interesting looking sims too but I don't think I'm as good as you yet.
  • Options
    BrianAndreeBrianAndree Posts: 422 Member
    What are those hairs in the 3rd and 4th pic? On both.
    Orgin: BrianAndree
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    @K_Molly Thank you. Don't worry, you will get better with practice, in fact, I'm still practicing myself. Advice that may help is save your progress, you don't need to create the entire sim in one go. This is also great if you like some changes you made but not others and don't feel like continuing to work on the sim at the moment. Coming back later usually gives you a renewed creative mind. To save your sims progress, if you already named your sim, you can keep saving the sim to the bin and the game will automatically put a number in parathesis at the end of the name for you. So you know the latest number is the most recent one. Because it's difficult to tell when you go to saved sims in the CAS bin unless you click and accept all the same sims to look for the latest number in the name, I would suggest after saving and/or quitting the game to remove the saved sims you don't need to a folder with the sims name. So next time there would be no confusion as to which sim is the last one worked on. You will be able to see all your saved sims in the bin by going to Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 > SavedSims (Sidenote: If all you are doing is creating sims and not playing the game in LIVE mode, you can work on a sim, save to bin and then quit if you want without affecting the sim you just saved and created.)

You can keep all your sim creation progress if want or you could just keep the final once you are satisfied with that sim. SavedSim files barely take up space so it shouldn't be an issue should you want to keep your progress. My saved sims folder so far is 143 MB with over 280 sim files. Because sims are usually going to look different in the beginning than the final stage, I tend to keep it in case I want to use that sim as a template for a different sim. I copy all my saved sims files to a folder and organize each sims folder by their Last Name. If I have another sim with the same last name, spelled exactly the same, then you can name the folder using the sims full name. Or you can type out the full name for all sim folders as well.

@BrianAndree The hairstyle on the left is: Show Stopping Style- Side Pony Chic Hairstyle (http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:48610&scategoryId=11979) The hairstyle on the right is: Bound Up Bows (http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?&productId=OFB-SIM3:38580&categoryId=&scategoryId=11979&ppcategoryId=&gender=female&startAt=64)
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    K_MollyK_Molly Posts: 39 Member
    @Deshong04 These tips are awesome, thanks so much! It can take me 3 to 4 hours to make one sim. :o
  • Options
    I've been making over some of my sims.

Was named Kelly Campbell now Meena Chande.
    28mh6q0.jpg
    2dgmh3c.jpg

Neal Brown
    i4il9w.jpg
    n2iz4l.jpg
    dwx7jt.jpg
    I don't think I'm done with him yet but I've always loved his style and eye color. He doesn't have either parent's eye colors but since I gave the parents my own recessive eye colors, that is what he got, a mixture of both although the closest to his mother's. Mother is from Egypt, father is from Sierra Leone. Or so that's the story so far, lol.

Tesla Wolfe but then I changed her name to Quintessa and changed her appearance. It wasn't originally planned but she ended up being a part of identical quintuplets. Don't remember her name, but she reminds me of an actress. Moving along, probably too many Quin's but Quinn-Purple, Quintessa-Blue, Quinta-Black, Quincy-White, Quinlynn but I like the other spelling variation Quinlan-Green. Yes, they all love dressing alike. :p
    54svtw.jpg
    1rukw5.jpg
    2cibuyp.jpg
    demhhs.jpg

Didn't really change much with Tonya. I think I'm done as I like how she turned out. But I did forget to put her glasses back on. Maybe it will stay that way.
    2vn3ofn.jpg
    wv4rkp.jpg
    24xpenl.jpg
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    I think the new Tonya is my favourite! I don't know the hidden springs townies very well, are the others original Sims or townie makeovers?
  • Options
    Thanks. Yes, all sims are my original sims that I can recall. I'm also quite happy how Tonya turned out and she is one of the new sims I created recently along with The Quintuplets and Lucille. The other sims I've had for quite some time, it's a good thing I saved the majority of my sim files.

Kelly Campbell I had since before 3/24/2011 but must have deleted her earliest sim file, edited her most recently on 6/18/2016 and renamed to Meena Chande. She still looks similar to the original.
    2je6wcm.jpg
    Taken 6/13/2009

34ospc0.jpg
    Taken 12/27/2012

Mulan Faa I had since 3/6/2011 edited her on 6/14/2016 and renamed Fu Lin. But I don't think I changed anything about her DNA, just new clothes, hairstyle, traits, maybe favorites and name.
    153mg7t.jpg
    Taken 3/17/2011

Neal Brown I had since before 4/27/2011 and also can't find the original sim file with an earlier date. I must have deleted it. Edited him most recently on 6/19/2016.
    2rqg96o.jpg
    But I did find this picture taken on 11/17/2009. So I had him very early on during TS3 as well.
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    Oh wow! Crazy how they've evolved all these years :)
  • Options

Switched over to my other game and to my surprise someone made it possible for kids to play most musical instruments among other things. I'm so impressed and happy to finally be able to have virtuoso kids with a purpose. (http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=579548)

v7r5o2.jpg
    os9z7q.jpg
    9j3oyx.jpg

Random Pictures
    29lh69y.jpg
    2hi2v54.jpg
    nq1ra8.jpg
    2yzaira.jpg
    fjjiqg.jpg

I'm going to search to see if there are any conversions of that onesie for teens and other missing age groups. I was so sure the whole family would wear them but....
    jsim2g.jpg
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Thought it would be fun to try creating sims based on Barbie dolls. So, I chose for my first attempt the City Shine collection.

or05yf.jpg
    24glvsh.jpg
    2i0pwew.jpg
    116ulhi.jpg
    2zivq8o.jpg
    347tu11.jpg
    29uzy48.jpg
    2moa1ol.jpg
    2mcoj9.jpg
    312zfqr.jpg

I think there are two three more, though. Purple, red and turquoise but will probably create them later. And I'll definitely work on some of these again as not everything came out to my liking.
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options

The first picture I took today. Faith didn't even make her bed.
    2nk791i.jpg

Alex decides to take a quick dip in the pool before school.
    66caw8.jpg
    292l25x.jpg

Ale wanted to take a selfie with Velvet before she heads out to school.
    mwxkyc.jpg

She took too long to eat so she missed the bus.
    15wx5zd.jpg
    287hlxk.jpg

Making friends with the twins.
    u0aia.jpg

She likes to work on the car too. I know she can't wait to learn how to drive. Curious to see Dallin including himself in the conversation of the older kids. I noticed there is an attraction between Jules and Andreia so maybe I'll have him ask her out to prom. If their relationship goes well she can be his girlfriend.
    24xfo2a.jpg
    16bg9qe.jpg

Took a family portrait of the current household members.
    300wiaf.jpg

And I plan on doing a comparison in genetics for each child but I only did one so far. I'm probably going to end up redoing it, though. This is their first child, Jonathon. He's 27.
    125hyiw.png
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @Deshong04 nice pictures and good looking Sims :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    @king_of_simcity7 Thank you. :)
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    Deshong04 wrote: »
    2mcoj9.jpg
    312zfqr.jpg
    Your Barbie dolls sims all look great. Is that last sim's dress from the store?