Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ISSUES/BUGS with Dine Out

Comments

• Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    Piikkie wrote: »
    I have experienced some issues as well.
    1. sometimes my cooker will stop working (? freeze) for no reason which then leads to my costumers leaving without having any food. This seems to resolve if I close a reopen but keeps happening every single time I open the restaurant.
    2. the newest issue I have been having is with my waiter that again stops working for no reason and won't take any new orders or deliver any food, all it does is chat to costumers.
    3. the waiter serves any costumer in the restaurant but completely ignores the restaurant critics. As you can imagine this one is really annoying and not the best thing to happen at all.

I do hope they'll come up with an update soon to fix these things.

I see a few issues in your restaurant: You should remove that plant in front of the tray of the chief station. It's probably the reason they sometimes don't cook.

Also, you have several tables with two centerpieces. Try removing one of them (especially on the small tables) as they're in the way of the food. Only use one.

I have not play tested long but it seemed to work much better after doing these changes.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    PiikkiePiikkie Posts: 5 New Member
    crinrict wrote: »
    1. sometimes my cooker will stop working (? freeze) for no reason which then leads to my costumers leaving without having any food. This seems to resolve if I close a reopen but keeps happening every single time I open the restaurant.
    2. the newest issue I have been having is with my waiter that again stops working for no reason and won't take any new orders or deliver any food, all it does is chat to costumers.
    3. the waiter serves any costumer in the restaurant but completely ignores the restaurant critics. As you can imagine this one is really annoying and not the best thing to happen at all.

I see a few issues in your restaurant: You should remove that plant in front of the tray of the chief station. It's probably the reason they sometimes don't cook.

Also, you have several tables with two centerpieces. Try removing one of them (especially on the small tables) as they're in the way of the food. Only use one.

I have not play tested long but it seemed to work much better after doing these changes.

Thank you so much. I have made those changes and it is working much better now :)
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    No Mods. Fresh install..(stopped playing for Fallout 4)..Gifted to me. This is from a previous comment I made.

Hello All,

My dear old mother snuck this GP on me and I have told her I didn't like Sims 4....but she is nearing 80 and I am not about to refuse her gift..
    I tested this little GP. I ran a diner for 5 days. I did not run long days. I praised, trained, and promoted my staff (for a hamburger style diner, I knew I would not be making serious money so my character I loaded up money. The service of the hired help gave me no issues (have not run into them being culled yet). As I made sure the staff was taken care of, so far they have not failed on their own accord.

The worst problem is the customers and they stop the Diner from running great or even good. They are all over the place chatting, standing, using their cellphones, bugging other customers, or just standing. The standing is an attempt for them to try and do the musical chairs. They seriously mess up the flow of the diner.

Here is a minor one.. the ones in customes are my staff..Everyone has been seated.
    23ldysx.png

And again..all these customers have been seated.
    2ymsmtz.png

All customers have been seated and other customers that ate hang around interrupting customers and staff.
    2v8g214.png

Again Repeated
    2rxtpgz.png

And another..The host(Witch costume) is blocking the view of the guy eating his delivered food at Goth's table and they did not come together.
    2hqatxi.png

This is horrible. Even if I have been lucky with a great staff and culling them are sneaking up on me..The customers are terrible.

I found if you give your Sim the neat trait you can help clean dishes (heh helps when your waiters and waitress are busy).
    Also it appears Host/ess like setting people outside if you have an area and guests do too. And I have mostly enlarged cheap items in the one diner above and made them huge..I get great décor from customers.
    Oddly I have yet had only staff use the restrooms ..XD
    I keep my diner open 7 to 8 hours and never have staff complain they are tired..

Do not know if this helps anyone.
  • Options

Thank you so much. I have made those changes and it is working much better now :)

Glad it helped.
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    13pumpkin13pumpkin Posts: 7 New Member
    I have another issue...(My game is running 100% CC free)
    I built a restaurant, had some sims of mine go to it and test. I have 4 areas with dining opportunities...3 tables in the front, diner area with tables/chairs and counter with bar stools, a dining room with a few small tables and 3 booths/chairs and a patio area. They ate on the patio and dinner went well for them. No one was seated outside in the front, only 1 table was used to seat guests in the diner area and none of the booths were used at all.
    The patio area was the busiest area for dining.
    When my SIMmies got finished with their meal, I had them pay and go home. Since I was playing them from their household, when they left, the loading screen should have appeared for me to travel back to their house and continue playing them. Well, it did not. I was left at the restaurant with no Sims. They were grayed-out and it said they were home. I had to exit to "manage worlds" and go to their house (to make sure they made it home ok). After checking on them, I went back to the restaurant in build mode (no one owns it) and the cook stations still had food in frying pans, the tables still have drinks and plates on them and dirty dishes on the floor.
    Is this a glitch? Has anyone else had these issues?
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,605 Member
    13pumpkin wrote: »
    I have another issue...(My game is running 100% CC free)
    I built a restaurant, had some sims of mine go to it and test. I have 4 areas with dining opportunities...3 tables in the front, diner area with tables/chairs and counter with bar stools, a dining room with a few small tables and 3 booths/chairs and a patio area. They ate on the patio and dinner went well for them. No one was seated outside in the front, only 1 table was used to seat guests in the diner area and none of the booths were used at all.
    The patio area was the busiest area for dining.
    When my SIMmies got finished with their meal, I had them pay and go home. Since I was playing them from their household, when they left, the loading screen should have appeared for me to travel back to their house and continue playing them. Well, it did not. I was left at the restaurant with no Sims. They were grayed-out and it said they were home. I had to exit to "manage worlds" and go to their house (to make sure they made it home ok). After checking on them, I went back to the restaurant in build mode (no one owns it) and the cook stations still had food in frying pans, the tables still have drinks and plates on them and dirty dishes on the floor.
    Is this a glitch? Has anyone else had these issues?

Hello
    Try having your Sims travel back to the restaurant in live mode the next day and see what the state of the restaurant is then.
  • Options
    MajorTroubleMajorTrouble Posts: 44 Member
    edited June 2016
    THEY DON'T LEAVE!! And they're almost always 5 stars when they just sit there talking for hours and hours and hours. It's insane. Leave already and give me my 5s! I would have gotten another star if all these 🐸🐸🐸🐸 sims would just leave.

Edit: Oh and I always lose money because I have to close the store with a bunch of people who've eaten but haven't cashed out.
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    THEY DON'T LEAVE!! And they're almost always 5 stars when they just sit there talking for hours and hours and hours. It's insane. Leave already and give me my 5s! I would have gotten another star if all these plum sims would just leave.

Edit: Oh and I always lose money because I have to close the store with a bunch of people who've eaten but haven't cashed out.

I had 1 sim that was acting like she was going to camp out at one of My Restaurants, I had clicked on her a ton to get her to Leave, but she would not she went and kept turning n the TV and such, So what I did was I took My Sim out front of the restaurant, then I did the ( Call Over ) , she then came out of the restaurant, I ran My sim back in and locked the door's, she then had no choice but to leave , that is what happened to My Sim, :) .
  • Options
    THEY DON'T LEAVE!! And they're almost always 5 stars when they just sit there talking for hours and hours and hours. It's insane. Leave already and give me my 5s! I would have gotten another star if all these plum sims would just leave.

Hello
    You may like to press " me too" on this thread link on the AHQ EA site that refers to the issue, and/or post your experiences there
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/MORE-INFO-NEEDED-DO-Guests-never-leave/m-p/5386344#U5386344
  • Options

Do they still have food in front of them or did they eat it all ?
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    edited June 2016
    Anyone figured out how to connect two booths facing each other? One table will connect to the booth, but the opposite one wont?

06-18-16_10-24-33nbspAM.png~original
  • Options
    13pumpkin13pumpkin Posts: 7 New Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    Try having your Sims travel back to the restaurant in live mode the next day and see what the state of the restaurant is then.

I should have tried that...but I deleted dishes and replaced the chef stations. I will have them travel back and see what happens.

• Options
    LiLi_RawrrLiLi_Rawrr Posts: 4 New Member
    I own a retail store and when I visit i can run the store and click the cash register and my employees and it even says on the map that i own the store etc however in the bottom right corner when I click the cash register icon to transfer funds or manage the store it comes up that I do not currently own any businesses. This is since installing the new dine out pack. PLEASE HELP.
  • Options
    LiLi_Rawrr wrote: »
    I own a retail store and when I visit i can run the store and click the cash register and my employees and it even says on the map that i own the store etc however in the bottom right corner when I click the cash register icon to transfer funds or manage the store it comes up that I do not currently own any businesses. This is since installing the new dine out pack. PLEASE HELP.

Hello @LiLi_Rawrr .
    You may need to sell the store and then have your sims rebuy the store to fix the issue. Go to Map view, click on the lot that has the store, then sell it. Then have your sim buy the store again.
    If you lose your retail perks, these are cheats to restore them.
    http://simsvip.com/sims-4-cheats-codes/#RetailPerks
  • Options
    LiLi_RawrrLiLi_Rawrr Posts: 4 New Member

Thank you. @rosemow I will try this now. Any ideas as to why ? or is it just one of those annoying things that happen with new installs -.-
  • Options
    LiLi_Rawrr wrote: »

Thank you. @rosemow I will try this now. Any ideas as to why ? or is it just one of those annoying things that happen with new installs -.-

It is hard to know the reason why this issue occurs. I am sorry that it occurred in your game :(
  • Options
    jacqpinksjacqpinks Posts: 2,118 Member
    I found that travelling resets the restaurant and gets rid of those customers that wouldn't leave. You don't lose anything else either :)
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims
  • Options
    MajorTroubleMajorTrouble Posts: 44 Member

Nope, they've eaten it and don't seem to be waiting for anything else to come, either. They just sit there chatting.
  • Options
    ParvatiParvati Posts: 251 Member
    When in a dating event, if i order for table once, nothing happens. If I try again, the game becomes unresponsive. and no menu appears while entire screen is greyed out as if there was a pop up menu.
    I'm having the same problem, I see a lot of people here are, I have no script mods so thats not the problem, I was hoping this latest update would have fixed this, but no go, so far "Dinning out" is a bust, I've spent a lot of time trying to dine out just to lose any progress I have made, EA really needs to figure out what this glitch is and fix it, I don't like spending money just to be frustrated.

• Options
    ShaneyBoyShaneyBoy Posts: 2,134 Member
    I just want them to remain seated! Stay in your seat and do NOT move, unless you need the bathroom. It's so, so messy, (and I have no mods, I don't use them). It really does dampen the experience. I have no idea who is sitting with who because they are all walking around the restaurant talking to anyone in sight. Say hello to Betty when you walk in and move along! I would hate it if people kept coming over to me and initiating conversations while I was trying to eat my food.

Another thing I've noticed, is that when you make someones food a priority, it doesn't get served to them. It just sits there, and the customer gets really annoyed. Had this happen with a food critic, yikes...
  • Options
    JoyfulSimsJoyfulSims Posts: 287 Member
    I have the musical chairs issue in restaurants.
  • Options

Nope, they've eaten it and don't seem to be waiting for anything else to come, either. They just sit there chatting.

Can you do any interactions with them ? Like comp their food or get them free drinks ?
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    JoyfulSims wrote: »

They switch seats ?

Or just get up and mingle all the time.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    Parvati wrote: »
    When in a dating event, if i order for table once, nothing happens. If I try again, the game becomes unresponsive. and no menu appears while entire screen is greyed out as if there was a pop up menu.
    I'm having the same problem, I see a lot of people here are, I have no script mods so thats not the problem, I was hoping this latest update would have fixed this, but no go, so far "Dinning out" is a bust, I've spent a lot of time trying to dine out just to lose any progress I have made, EA really needs to figure out what this glitch is and fix it, I don't like spending money just to be frustrated.

Just no script mods or no mods at all ? Tuning mods can be incompatible just as much.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    JoyfulSimsJoyfulSims Posts: 287 Member
    JoyfulSims wrote: »

They switch seats ?

Or just get up and mingle all the time.

They get involved in conversations on different tables and stand up to join them. I had an unplayed sim walk through the whole restaurant several times to join a conversation on the other side of the room. Note that I was as guest there, not as restaurant owner.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top