Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ISSUES/BUGS with Dine Out

Comments

• CJSimmieCJSimmie Posts: 310 Member
    -Can not close business
    - my sims' friends keep disappearing from their relationships tab
    - Sims want to be engaged/married to their SPOUSE ...SMH
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    -Can not close business
    - my sims' friends keep disappearing from their relationships tab
    - Sims want to be engaged/married to their SPOUSE ...SMH

Hello @CaramelLibra29 .
    Is it your restaurant or a retail store?
    Try traveling to another lot then back to the restaurant/retail store and see if you can close the restaurant/retail store then.
    If the issue remains,try selling your store/restaurant then having your sims buy it again and see if that helps the issues .
    You can do that by going to map view, clicking on the lot that has the restaurant/store , then clicking to sell the venue. Then have your sim rebuy the restaurant /store again.

With your second issue, it may be relationship culling.
    If you use mods,there are two mods that can help with the issue. You can only use one, not both at the same time.
    MC Command Center contains many features/functions and has help for this issue
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=551680

A single standalone mod that has been created to help this is issue is " No more Relationship Culling"
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=568880

Other simmers are having the issue with sims getting the whims to be married to their spouse. This thread on the AHQ EA site refers to the issue
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-Whims-are-not-fulfilling-off/m-p/5020992#M18593
  • Pirate_QueenPirate_Queen Posts: 83 Member
    I'm seeing similar problems as others.
    Musical chairs is back with a vengeance. I'd say 80% of diners get up and change seat/table or wander off to talk to someone as soon as they're seated, food is served to the table but quite a few sims don't go back to their table and their rating drops because 'service is slow'. A couple of times when they've stayed seated, the waitress has brought the food to the table but it 'disappears and again the customers complain that they haven't received their food.
    Disallowing more customers doesn't work. At All.
    Having a jukebox in the restaurant is a nightmare, i've had to switch it off. Iff only it was like sims 2 and we had tickets booths, I would've made a fortune from all those hungry sims that can't stop dancing long enough to eat.

I'm playing on a self made lot, no CC used in it and all mods that I was using but are broken have been removed.

So far these have just been niggles for me and haven't stopped me from getting five stars but but sims not staying at their tables is beginning to really annoy me.
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    I've never seen a Sim change the table. They do get up but for me, they don't sit at other tables.

Can you post a video of that happening ?
    I'm seeing similar problems as others.
    Musical chairs is back with a vengeance. I'd say 80% of diners get up and change seat/table ...

Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• purpleto280purpleto280 Posts: 949 Member
    I just have a bug where sometimes some of my guest do not get their food because a waitress or waiter put it on floor then it disappears. GRRRR madding.
    sigsims%20copy_zps4jb8b2a9.png
    I just have a bug where sometimes some of my guest do not get their food because a waitress or waiter put it on floor then it disappears. GRRRR madding.

Hello @purpleto280 .
    Do you have MC Command Center Mod? If you do, try turning off the " put away book fix" and see if that helps the issue.
  • FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @purpleto280 .
    Do you have MC Command Center Mod? If you do, try turning off the " put away book fix" and see if that helps the issue.

I had to turn off that feature because whenever I would cancel them doing anything with a book they'd reset, or a book would get stuck in their hands. Now I get to manually drag homework to inventory and random books left everywhere back to the shelves.
  • Sims2ForeverSims2Forever Posts: 11 New Member
    My sims won't use the bathrooms in my restaurant. I'm not sure how to fix it.
    Is something blocking the door ? Are you using the gender doors ?
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• AmberlousmithAmberlousmith Posts: 42 Member
    Everything takes FOREVER!! Sims arrive at Chez Llama at 5pm for dinner..It's now 1am and they've only had an appetiser! :(
    So has it gotten better for anyone since the newest patch ?

I just had a shift without a single issue. No extensive talking, no food not served.

Only thing that happened was that one of the waitresses just left again.
    AHQ Tutorial

• SfarinaPSfarinaP Posts: 87 Member
    I have not seen this bug mentioned yet but when I am playing the sims who own the restaurant and they are at the restaurant-welcoming, recommending dishes-they are constantly getting glasses of water. Does anyone else have this? Oh also the command disallow new customers has never worked for me, and my employees are always neutral or dissatisfied moodwise. On the plus side, prioritize food always works, my sims generally stay in their seats, some sims wander to talk to friends etc but generally return to their seats when the food arrives. I have a large table but have never had a large party
  • OuterseOuterse Posts: 289 Member
    The menu to select the meals for the sims will never appear. I'll take them to the restaurant, be seated (in a minimum of two hours, which is another problem) and click "order for table" and the screen will go dim, but the menu never actually appears. There's no way to get out of it and I have to force quit my game each time it happens.
    Peacie5 wrote: »
    The menu to select the meals for the sims will never appear. I'll take them to the restaurant, be seated (in a minimum of two hours, which is another problem) and click "order for table" and the screen will go dim, but the menu never actually appears. There's no way to get out of it and I have to force quit my game each time it happens.

Hello.
    I have posted on your thread.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/892082/menu-wont-load#latest
  • LaurenHullLaurenHull Posts: 55 Member
    edited June 2016
    Ok so i have a couple and i wondered if anyone else had these, they aren't massive issues just annoying.

Before i say, I've checked the latest patch notes, nothing about these are on there, and I have no mods what so ever :)

So firstly, my staff are getting mad because they don't have breaks, it was 3pm when i "disallowed new customers" my host allowed more in until 11pm, so i don't understand why, i spent 15 mins SCREAMING at my pc because i was so mad. I had a critic in too!

My other issue is, my host spent THE WHOLE SHIFT outside my restaurant "showing someone to their table" over and over and i mean, she kept just doing the "come this way" arm gestures! It was hilarious at first but it was annoying as i hadn't served anyone, i closed the restaurant and she left and i still bloody paid her!

BUT overall minus those two things i really like the pack! :) i was really wondering if anyone else had experienced them.
    vsJ0Hg0.gif
    The disallow one is a known issue.

Are you using a premade or self-built restaurant ? Maybe something is in the way.
    AHQ Tutorial

crinrict wrote: »
    The disallow one is a known issue.

Are you using a premade or self-built restaurant ? Maybe something is in the way.

At the moment I'm using gallery restaurants because I'm terrible at building, so I'm building one concurrently whilst playing the current one. I didn't realise it was known, at least its not just me then :/
    vsJ0Hg0.gif
    Are you having the second issue with all restaurants you've downloaded or a particular one ?
    AHQ Tutorial

crinrict wrote: »
    Are you having the second issue with all restaurants you've downloaded or a particular one ?

I've downloaded 3 now because i thought it was that, and it has happened on all 3. It's driving me insane, I'm handing promotions to people i hired the day before because they're unhappy.
    vsJ0Hg0.gif
    Can you try on a fresh save for testing purposes ? Did you use the same lot for testing all three restaurants ?
    AHQ Tutorial

• Teabird87Teabird87 Posts: 9 New Member
    Anyone who is having trouble with Sims not leaving after their meal is finished (was making things unplayable for me) - I removed all my CC, mods etc and no change. I tried changing over all the seating/tables to those that came with the pack, I tried moving furniture around, I tried (I thought) EVERYTHING. Then I deleted the aquarium in the restaurant - and the issue was fixed. DELETE YOUR AQUARIUMS, PEOPLE!
  • Teabird87Teabird87 Posts: 9 New Member
    I should add I also tried "resetting my Sims 4 folder" as described above which also didn't help for this issue.
    Teabird87 wrote: »
    Anyone who is having trouble with Sims not leaving after their meal is finished (was making things unplayable for me) - I removed all my CC, mods etc and no change. I tried changing over all the seating/tables to those that came with the pack, I tried moving furniture around, I tried (I thought) EVERYTHING. Then I deleted the aquarium in the restaurant - and the issue was fixed. DELETE YOUR AQUARIUMS, PEOPLE!

Hello
    It is great that removing the aquarium helped the issue in your game :) It was thoughtful of you to post what helped your game problem.
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,304 Member
    I have a problem in my doctors career. The staff consists of 2 doctors, including my sim, one nurse and one front desk sim but no orderly to clean in fix. Can this be a cc/mod problem. :)
    I have a problem in my doctors career. The staff consists of 2 doctors, including my sim, one nurse and one front desk sim but no orderly to clean in fix. Can this be a cc/mod problem. :)

Better if you post in the bug forum here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-bugs-issues

Anyways, what level are you at ?
    AHQ Tutorial

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top