Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited June 2022
    I have 24 sims that I have to push through university in groups of six, and rotating in and out of terms three sims at a time.
    These are the group of three that are currently in Foxbury. Sims 7 , 8, and 9; Cedric, Nami, and Gamma.
    06-07-22_10-44-24_AM(1).png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    And happily, they are graduating today.
    06-18-22_12-48-12_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

That guy is wearing flippers.
    I bet someone, somewhere in the world wore swimming flippers to their graduation.
    06-18-22_12-50-28_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

How nice! Kara is visiting them.
    She is student 10, waiting for her turn to rotate into Britechester, back at the prep-school.
    06-18-22_12-59-18_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Hugs!
    06-18-22_12-59-59_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Future Students, 13, 14, and 15 are here for orientation day.
    7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12 are inside.
    06-18-22_2-52-27_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    This is Riya Ramaswami, the only sim I have control of at the moment. The spelling of her name is correct. She is the daughter of Priya.
    She and the other two are here to meet the Student Counselor and receive a tour.
    06-18-22_2-55-05_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Gamma has taken the Students Counselor's chair. Seeing I can only control Riya directly, I am lucky to get all of them in her office.06-18-22_2-58-30_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

The other two are Vaughn and Monique.
    06-18-22_3-10-02_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

This is the Art Studio and they will be attending Britechester when they rotate out of here.
    06-18-22_3-12-17_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Might as well take some pictures.
    06-18-22_3-17-16_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    They get to meet the other students, even the ones that are about to leave.
    06-18-22_3-18-21_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

A gift picture, for Janay, the counselor.
    06-18-22_3-18-44_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I do this little ceremony when three sims are leaving and the replacements are coming in.
    06-18-22_3-20-46_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Edgar, Sophia, and Kara will be rotating out to Britechester soon.
    06-18-22_3-22-44_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Orientation is over.
    06-18-22_3-56-01_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

But they will be back after the others have moved out.
    06-18-22_4-16-10_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,642 Member
    OK, let me just say wow... everyone's stories are just amazing.

@Metior_Ice, I remain in awe of your story and the lore behind it. Really

@GalacticGal, I just love the weddings and the pure family drama you have going.

@mightysprite, "It wasn't that Lily hated aliens. She hated all babies equally." ... That's so wonderfully horrible. The Fengs always intimidated me for some reason... not they really intimidate me.

To everyone else... I can't keep up. You're all fantastic and I'm so pleased to be part of this.

Also, I want to thank everyone for their compliments and encouragement on my story. Now that I've gotten a handle on Werewolves, I'll have more to come soon...
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member

I decided to pose all of the sims that I've created for each of the Scenario Challenges; however, there were so many sims that I had to divide them into two different groups. :D

gsR2615.png
    NLiz05H.png
  • Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    edited June 2022
    @Daephene and @luciusstorm thank you for your kind comments.

@Daephene I’m always try to adapt to changes in my story. I will be playing Juniper and Jade next. It’s time I age them up, but getting their character values up and improving their grades will be my goal.

It’ll actually help with Jack’s story. The Vatore’s will also get a make over and a more significant role. Lilith and Caleb, being in their planned relationships, will make things more interesting.

@luciusstorm I did a lot of research on merfolk, and that helped me build the confidence to develop my own lore. I have taken certain liberties with merfolk lore and not everything I write is strictly to the lore I researched. I’m always doing more to develop my merfolk with any updates that impact merfolk.

I’m hopeful that Merfolk and Aliens get updated because their is a significant difference between those occults and occults that come later.

—————

Edit: I did want to add something about Jack. He’s a farmer with a green thumb, and he’s an animal lover. He’s also an intense romantic and goes all in with his relationships. Romance will be a big part of the story with his rotation.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Jase wrote: »
    I decided to pose all of the sims that I've created for each of the Scenario Challenges; however, there were so many sims that I had to divide them into two different groups. :D

gsR2615.png
    NLiz05H.png

@Jase This makes me want to create a Scenario save! I would have had Dylan and Zeph do a scenario if it was possible in an existing save.

By the way, how did you get the group photo? I'm thinking about doing one with all my merfolk.
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    Aurora aged up today! She's quite cute as a child. :smiley:
    52157868928_013273fbd0_k.jpg
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    edited June 2022
    @CK213 Nice pics! I do generations of Uni students too and its a lot of fun. How did you get three Sims together in that photo shoot? Do you have a pose mod for that?

And @Jase Do you recall where you got these great large group poses? Would love to have those for some big family reunion pics.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    GirafHuntr wrote: »
    @CK213 Nice pics! I do generations of Uni students too and its a lot of fun. How did you get three Sims together in that photo shoot? Do you have a pose mod for that?

No, that was taken with the camera from Moschio stuff.
    I choose one of the commands and Riya pressed a button on the camera and all three stepped up to the mark.
    The camera was apparently on a timer and then I was allowed to take the snaps.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    Thank you @Daephene What a nice shout-out.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    I love everyone's updates! Thanks for sharing :mrgreen:
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    @MsDSweets Darby's Den! My Sims loved taking breaks there!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,853 Member
    @Daephene I'm currently working on my Tartosan Sun story but I should have that done this afternoon and then my werewolves really will take center stage. I'll have lots of pictures of them to share.
  • Options
    Thank you @luciusstorm That's so nice to hear. :)
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    @Metior_Ice
    I love my Scenario saves. They’re actually, pretty fun. To get the photos, I used the Pose Player (Andrew’s Studio) combined with the Sim Teleporter (Scumbumbo) and group/family poses by Mel Bennet (Tumblr).

@GirafHuntr
    I know that the top pose is from Mel Bennet’s Tumblr page and it’s called Thanksgiving Family Posepack. The bottom pose is a mix of poses. But the majority of it is one sofa pose, but I don’t remember the name or who created it. I’ll see if it’s labeled next time that I play.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Jase wrote: »
    @Metior_Ice
    I love my Scenario saves. They’re actually, pretty fun. To get the photos, I used the Pose Player (Andrew’s Studio) combined with the Sim Teleporter (Scumbumbo) and group/family poses by Mel Bennet (Tumblr).

@GirafHuntr
    I know that the top pose is from Mel Bennet’s Tumblr page and it’s called Thanksgiving Family Posepack. The bottom pose is a mix of poses. But the majority of it is one sofa pose, but I don’t remember the name or who created it. I’ll see if it’s labeled next time that I play.

@Jase More than ever, I wish I could use mods. I probably won't be able to get the group shots. Maybe I'll do pictures of the different generations.

Long update warning, but it was fun to write.

I had to share this song with the update. I always have a good time with my main mermen.

https://youtu.be/ArfNrvCTOlI

Learning to Shapeshift for Guppies

After his date, Dylan took the twins to the shore of Mua Pel'Am. It was time that they learned to shapeshift. No matter how much they might want to, no mermaid or merman could stay in their human form forever. And sometimes, with a lack of focus, merfolk could find themselves turning back into their natural form. If they found themselves on land without legs, that wouldn't end well if they couldn't control their shapeshifting.

Wade: "What color do you think our tails will be?"

Barnaby: "I don't know. I'm a bit nervous."

52154048396_1a52909b4e_b.jpg
    After Dylan dove into the surf and transformed with ease, the merboys decided to give it a try. As Barnaby entered deeper water. He felt himself fall into the water as his legs were replaced with a shimmering blue tail. He was completely underwater, but he found that he could still breathe with ease.

Barnaby muttered: "Incredible! And it feels... so natural."

Baranby was surprised to find that the sudden fall into the water and the appearance of a tail didn't scare or surprise him. It felt so... right.

52153032872_261137eda9_b.jpg

Barnaby and Wade swam to their dad above the reef.

Barnaby: "This feels incredible. I don't think you could have explained this feeling if you tried."

52153037872_a1b7ef691b_b.jpg

Dylan: "The sea gives us our greatest strength. As both mermen and water elementals, our power is unlimited in the water. We can change the weather on a whim, weave spells with our siren lullabies, and call ocean threats to defend ourselves. But, one power should only be used if you are in the most dire of danger, and that's the Siren's Call."

Wade: "What does the Siren's Call do?"

Dylan: "There's no distance to great for the Siren's Call to reach the ears of the listener. It will draw them into the sea, and when they get close enough, you will be able to drain their very life force to satisfy all your needs. Humans can drown and Vampires can be weakened. It will give you the strength to fight back and even flee if you need to. But, it is an act of evil to satisfy your needs at the cost of others. Only use the Siren's Call when your situation is most dire."

52154542510_bd95148be4_b.jpg

Dylan: "But there's something you should know about the Siren's Call. It has no effect on other merfolk. As mermen, you are immune to it. You are both sapphire princes, and there isn't a mermaid or merman in Sulani that wishes you harm. The merfolk you should be wary of are the Darkfins."

Barnaby: "Who are the Darkfins?"

Dylan reflected on his own encounter with one. "They are a family of mermaids and mermen that have given in to their own inner darkness. Your grandmother, Arihi and Mother of the Elementals, used her power to banish them after they attacked your grandfather. Their greatest crime was taking the lives of the seven Kings and Queens that ruled over Sulani."

Wade: "How was taking the lives of Kings and Queens their greatest crime?"

Dylan turned to Wade. "Merfolk, our people, don't use royal titles the same way humans do. By taking the lives of the Seven Kings and Queens, they left Mua Pel'Am and the worlds vulenerable to destruction and ruin. It took many decades to heal Mua Pel'Am to what you see. The Royal Merfolk are Guardians that protect. It is the resposnibility we are born into."

52153037812_8e33abc436_b.jpg

Some time passed after the twins' first swim. Dylan taught them their responsibilities and how to protect the fragile ecosystem of Mua Pel'Am. Even though they weren't ready to take up the mantle of conversationists, they could still help keep Mua Pel'Am thriving. Barnaby and Wade continued to practice the art of Shapeshifting, but Wade struggled more than his brother. Dylan continued to offer his support. Despite their bloodline awakening and their successful transformation into pure blood mermen, they seemed under the influence of something dark. Wade seemed to be the most affected.

Barnaby came to his father one night. He felt undescribable grief and sorrow.

Dylan: "Is everything okay?"

Barnaby: "I feel like... something is squeezing my heart, and I feel so choked up. I don't know where this feeling is coming from."

Dylan feared that the remnants of Sarah's curse was passed on to his sons. Barnaby described the Melacholy of a Night's Requiem.

52154046441_5988e59a27_h.jpg

Dylan: "Just take a deep breathe. It'll be okay. You can get through this."

Barnaby breathed in. The Grotto was very close to the sea, and the salt air filled his lungs. That little bit of the sea helped him feel better.

52154540705_10cd1f61cb_b.jpg

Dylan: "What do you think happened?"

Barnaby: "I really don't know. I just felt so depressed. It came from nowhere."

Dylan: "If you ever feel something is wrong. Let me know, okay."

Barnaby: "I will."

Dylan: "For now, try to redirect those emotions. Go for a jog around Mua Pel'Am. I think the sea air will help."

52154051138_a066681fd7_b.jpg

After talking to his dad, he took his advice and went for a jog to clear his mind. He had a feeling there was something his dad wasn't telling him. There had to be a reason why he spent his childhood in the World of Newcrest.

52154540645_a97725cd2c_b.jpg

Wade was starting to feel distant. His dad wanted to help, but it was getting difficult for Wade to be around family.

Dylan: "Is everything alright?"

Wade: "I just need some time to myself."

52154046146_d98b49d128_b.jpg

There was a small Lagoon in Mua Pel'Am that Wade often retreated to when he wanted to get away from his family. But, it was obvious that something was very wrong with Wade. Even though Dylan was getting sick himself, he couldn't stop worrying about his son. Dylan could feel it... something was going to happen in Henford-on-Bagley. The sickness Dylan felt was one of the burdens of being the Spirit of the Sea and having a conenction to all the Worlds' Waters.

52154050913_9c7317ae39_b.jpg

Wade swam away from his father and changed into his human disguise. Something seemed to make him want to stop being a merman, stop being a prince, and stop being a water elemental. He relaxed on a recliner near the water. He still felt a strong conenction to being a merman.

52154046066_20f007d468_b.jpg

While the two feeling tore him in apart inside, he accidentally changed back into his merform. While his legs turned into a tail, he was still wearing his shirt. His skirt would survive the transformation, but he would need new shoes.

52154046011_acd0ea3e68_b.jpg

As he dozed off, Barnaby approached him and woke him up.

"Wade, what's going on here?"

52154285554_923579e019_b.jpg

Wade felt embarrased that he lost control of his form. He quickly shapeshifted back. His brother gave him a new pair of shoes. It helped to keep a spare. Most merfolk didn't wear shoes because it would be expensive to replace them. The twins started to realize why their father and uncle dressed the way they did. While their tranformation would destroy most human clothes from the waist down, anything they wore from the waiste up would remain. If they were in the water, the human clothing would no doubt hinder their ability to swim. Consequently, it became more natural to dress the way they would in their merform, the form they always returned to one way or another.

Barnaby: "Don't be embarassed. It's not like there's a guide book for this stuff."

Wade: "It's not just that. You've picked up on the shapeshifting and have so much more control. I can't control my form to save my life."

Barnaby: "Just keep practicing, and I'll keep an extra pair of shoes just in case."

Wade: "Maybe I should go without the shoes until I have a little more control."

52153035662_1505cbe72f_b.jpg

As day turned to night, the full moon rose in the sky. Wade felt a sudden increase in the feeling that tore him up inside. Something felt very wrong, but he didn't want to go to his parents or uncle.

52154045906_12f9f57a6b_c.jpg

Wade remembered some things his dad told him. He came from a family of elementals, and there was one family member that he wanted to talk to. His aunt and the Spirit of Mua Pel'Am's Volcano. He was certain that the Spirit of the very thing that connected all Elementals could help him.

Wade: "I love being a merman. It's amazing and incredible. To have a tail that's so powerful in the water... it's an undescribable feeling."

52153035467_08f176ffe6_b.jpg

Wade: "But something feels wrong, and I can't control the form I take. I could grow fins right now if I lose focus."

52154285184_18fbd49258_b.jpg

Wade: "My brother can control his form, and I don't know what's wrong with me."

52154539950_a66fef4c3e_b.jpg

Ember listened to every word and then offered Wade a solution.

Ember: "This potion will help you keep whatever form you want when you drink it. Just be careful. The effect lasts for one day. If you enter the water, you won't be able to take your human form until the potion wears off. If you can stay out of the water for one day, you'll lose your tail and become human. I would think..."

52153035167_9f76166605_b.jpg

Wade: "I don't want to think about it. Maybe becoming human wouldn't be so bad. At least I won't randomly have fins."

Wade grabbed the elixir and drank it. As the liquid flowed over his throat, he felt his voice change and the thing that made him feel so wrong faded. For a moment, he thought he was going to become human until... He felt something else. He felt an irresistable pull to the sea. What Ember didn't tell the merboy was that the Full Moon added an extra effect to the potion. It removed any curse that afflicted the individual that drank it.

52154050148_261e747103_b.jpg

The next day, Dylan woke up early and noticed that one of his sons weren't around.

"Barnaby have you seen your brother?"

Barnaby gave Sora a warning glance. Their cousin had only just been born, and he was taking to being a merman instinctively. In fact, it was a surprise to Barnaby. Sora was born a merman, ready to live in the sea. Maybe that was normal for all merfolk. But, both him and Wade were different, they weren't born ready for life as mermen.

Barnaby: "I think he went for a swim in the sea. He woke up early."

Dylan: "I see."

Both Barnaby and Dylan thought Wade's absence was a little strange.

52154049768_b011df8d0b_h.jpg

Barnaby rushed out of the Grotto as quickly as he could swim. He almost forgot to shapeshift when he jumped out of the water.

52154044886_8746cb7d98_b.jpg

After a short run on land and a quick swim in the lagoon, Barnaby found his twin sleeping above the reef.

52153034597_d3b3e39521_b.jpg

Barnaby woke up Wade, and Wade thrashed a bit when he saw his tail.

Wade: "No, no, no. This wasn't what I expected. But..."

Wade paused. "It doesn't feel wrong anymore."

52154539300_9c90ea9dca_b.jpg

Barnaby turned to his brother. "Dad is looking for you."

Wade: "He can't find me like this. I can't..."

Barnaby: "What's wrong. What did you do?!"

Wade: "Nothing..."

52154539280_7d128b7710_b.jpg

Barnaby: "I know when you're lying."

Wade: "Okay... I'll come clean. You know how mom was human until recently."

Barnaby: "Yes. It's strange that we grew up human. You missed Sora being born. Can you believe our cousin is already swimming around like it's nothing?"

Wade was caught by surprise by the news, but he changed the topic back to his situation.

Wade: "Well, I contacted my aunt, and she gave me this potion... Well, I slorta took the potion from her before she could explain everything."

52154282484_542dcbe12f_b.jpg

Barnaby: "I don't think drinking a potion from our Aunt is a reason to hide from dad."

52154539250_dae8fb1a99_b.jpg

Wade: "You don't understand. I felt so wrong, and I took the potion to become human. But, and I don't remember much, but..."

Barnaby: "What?! Why?!"

Wade: "I felt a strong pull away from the sea, like I didn't want to live as a merman. I didn't want to live in a world of magic. Then, after drinking the potion and feeling like I was going to become human, I found myself drawn back to the sea. I don't want to be human anymore."

52154044676_6770532cdd_b.jpg

Barnaby: "Isn't that a good thing? Why are you still worried...."

Wade interupted before his brother could ask another question. "I can't leave the water!"

Wade breahted. "Because I drank that potion, I can't shapeshift for one day."

52154284364_c5d63f0e8b_b.jpg

Wade: "Don't get me wrong. I feel great now, but I don't want dad to know."

52154049368_95305aef32_b.jpg

Barnaby: "Maybe I can sing a spell that can change this."

Wade: "It's worth a try."

Branaby learned from his father early in the week that an Inspiring Berceuse could grant a mermaid or merman the power to shapeshift by inspiring change in them. It was worth a try.

52154539065_bc3aa96d66_b.jpg

Wade: "I don't feel any different. Did it work? I don't think it worked!"

Barnaby: "Maybe we should get dad involved."

Wade: "We can't do that."

52154539030_061f14bf45_b.jpg

Wade: "I really screwed up. I should have gone to dad from the beginning. Aunt Ember tried to tell me before I took the potion."

Barnaby: "It's okay. We'll figure this out."

52154049228_3f9d6d4129_b.jpg

Lir overheard the merboys from the shore and swam over to check on them.

"What's going on?"

The little merman caught the twins by surprise.

52154043001_051435558f_c.jpg

Baranby: "We have a bit of Dilema. Wade can't leave the water."

Lir: "Maybe you should talk to your father and Uncle, probably Zeph. I mean no disrespect to your father, but Zeph is a little better at solving problems."

"We can't." The twins said in unison.

52154049173_0cbae77d5b_b.jpg

Lir: "Trust me when I say. I've struggled with my own parents. But, my dads were there for me when I needed them the most."

52154284124_395c6fa7cb_b.jpg

Lir continued: "Wade, if you are struggling, it's okay to go to your dad, but I recommend your uncle."

52154044416_7122ed77a4_b.jpg

While they chatted, Dylan was running all over the island looking for his sons.

Wade: "I don't know. Do you think they can help?"

Lir: "I know they can help. You'd be surprised by what parents will do for their kids."

52153034042_3e21427568_b.jpg

Lir recalled his encounter with a Darkfin. "I ran into trouble once. My dads got overprotective after they helped me out of a tough situation. I remember getting so angry at them. I didn't understand why they did what they did. But, now, I know they just wanted me to be safe and happy."

52154044351_94345f08b0_b.jpg

Wade: "I'm too embarrased though. I rushed into this situation without thinking."

Lir: "We all make mistakes. It's what we do after we make a mistake that matters."

52154048988_144a401a22_b.jpg

Barnaby: "I'm going to get dad. We need some help bro."

Lir: "I'm sure your dad will come up with a creative solution. It'll be fun."

52154048963_0ffb3aaba2_b.jpg

Note:
    Getting Dylan involved almost resulted in killing both Dylan and Wade. They started telling each other jokes after splashing each other, and Dylan, being a great story teller and able to tell a crowd pleasing joke, made Wade Hysterical multiple times... If merfolk couldn't sleep in the water, I'd have a couple fish go belly up.

One thing that is very important know about Dylan, he has a lot of ways to change the emotions of sims. You can make a sim feel anything with him around. Just give him a painting easle, instrument, dj booth, or just have him tell an epic story or sing a Siren's Lullaby. Dylan is master at emotion manipualtion, but he's too nice. I'm not surprised he made his son so playful.

It was also Summerfest, Winterfest in the Summer. I have so many sims risk death by laughter during a holiday that involves Father Winter...

52154044271_1a5a6c8c3d_b.jpg

Barnaby found Dylan in the Grotto and told him where Wade was. Dylan was relived to know that his son was alright.

52154048763_097eafb476_b.jpg

As the sun set, Dylan found Wade.

Wade wasn't entirely happy to confess his situation to his dad, but he told Dylan everything.

Dylan: "I'm really disappointed that you didn't feel like you could come to me for help."

52153033357_f00b2a6c51_b.jpg

As the sun set, the potion began to wear off.

Wade: "I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to worry you."

Dylan still felt bad for not being trusted enough to help.

52154047468_c36bbe0ac2_c.jpg

Dylan thought outloud for a moment. "I guess no harm was really done. You must've been under a curse, probably passed on by your mother. It's my fault for not telling you everything, and I think I know what Ember was trying to do. We're good, and I think we all learned something from this.

Dylan: "I fogive you, but please don't do this again."

52154043706_f8e35fce85_b.jpg

Wade noticed the sun set and felt the power to shapeshift again. "Dad, let's go home."
    Post edited by Metior_Ice on
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited June 2022
    Thanks @Daephene and @luciusstorm :) Lily has the Hates Children trait, so I'm leaning on that a lot in the story. Otherwise she might have teamed up with Victor to train Stephen into a superstar business/politics scion using his alien powers to benefit their interests.

• Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Well, I got Werewolves today. Started making my Sonic family including two Werewolves and a Vampire and discovered that Werewolves howl like, every three seconds and when you're in paint mode they fidget around like a small child on a long car journey.

I vaguely remember that when Vampires first came out, they apparently hissed a LOT in CAS and the Devs had to patch it to tone it down.

Fortunately there's a CAS cheat to make it so Sims don't move in CAS at all. (casclockspeed 0 freezes, casclockspeed 1 unfreezes)
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Those who are playing with werewolves need to get this Song from the Spooky Radio Station in their game. Lol. It’s from the Vampires pack, but I get more of a werewolf vibe from it.

https://youtu.be/8UnKCOA7H0I

—————

Oh, and I should probably start sharing this song with all my updates with Dylan and Zeph. It’s another song I hear on the radio often. Nah, I won’t do that, but it’s definitely what I consider to be Dylan and Zeph’s theme now.

https://youtu.be/LtfDep6be-g

—————

Anyways, my main reason for this post is that I wanted to say that Lir’s involvement in my update was completely unplanned. He saw my twins struggling and trying to figure out their situation, and he decided to stop his conservation work to check on them.

I couldn’t think of a better merman to help the twins through family issues.
    Post edited by Metior_Ice on
  • Options
    @Metior_Ice Wow, what an installment. life-lessons for both father and son. Great job!
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I haven't posted in a while so I'm going to reintroduce my Munch-Andreas family. Here's a shot of their family photos:
    uucYGtO.png

Family background:
    Cordelia Andreas, daughter of my founding sim for my main save, married Wolfgang Munch (pictured top center). At the time, they were both pregnant. Wolfgang had Klaatu, the alien on the top right. Cordelia had Cornelius, the vampire pictured at the top left. After the births, Cordelia turned Wolfgang (she had been turned by Vlad as soon as she became a YA). They went on to have a daughter, Charlotte. As a YA Charlotte married an aged down Katrina Caliente (they are in the bottom center photo). Katrina was broke and living in Evergreen Harbor with her two toddlers and was happy to marry the reasonably wealthy vampire who promised to take care of them all. Nina and Dina have since aged up to child, and are on the bottom right. Charlotte used "vampire magic" (AKA modified CAS settings) to be able to get Katrina pregnant, and their daughter Carmilla is pictured on the bottom left.

Practical details:
    Klaatu has moved out as a YA. Cornelius and Charlotte's family were still living with Cordelia and Wolfgang at the beginning of this rotation.
    Cornelius has the evil and mean traits, and aged up with the negative character value traits for conflict resolution, empathy and emotional control. He completed the Master Vampire aspiration early in this rotation. With one more promotion he'll be able to choose the Villain path in his secret agent career.
    Charlotte has the good trait, and aged up with all of the positive character value traits. She is pursuing the Good Vampire aspiration and is working towards the Diamond Agent branch of the secret agent career.
    Katrina is in the law career, so that when she gets turned to a vampire I can call her a blood sucking lawyer. I didn't change any of her traits. I play her as a gold digger with a taste for danger.
    Dina is pursuing the social butterfly aspiration, while Nina and Carmilla are pursuing the creative one I forgot the name of.

Carmilla was a cutie as a toddler.
    DVs7Wb2.png

Additional pictures of Charlotte, Katrina and the kids (including Carmilla's birthday) below this spoiler.
    Katrina dislikes cooking, but as the only mortal grownup in the house she has made a few poor quality salads for the kids. They wisely settle for quick meals most of the time.
    jJK2zle.png

Charlotte loves spending time with all three kids.
    CWskC4e.png
    1XqrEzQ.png
    un9nzIK.png

Katrina didn't ignore them either. She's a bad cook, not a bad mother.
    kafRMux.png
    4FAGFa8.png
    zvsJk3N.png
    The house is super difficult to get good angles with the walls up, sorry so many pictures have some sims with their back to you.

And then Carmilla was a child.
    AcmqRSR.png
    d2o90yj.png

Her first day of school was apparently exhausting.
    EG21xHZ.png

They had a cousins club meeting at an art center, where Nina and Carmilla could both draw at the same time!
    862DmWO.png

And Dina got to know one of her step-cousins, Kendall Hecking.
    cdSl5ry.png

This seems like an uncomfortable spot to cloud gaze.
    C2SiilQ.png

Other than Carmilla's birthday, the real story this week is about Cornelius and his evil vampire drama. I'm going to leave this here and go do some yardwork, then come back to that story a little later.
  • Options
    @Metior_Ice Wow, what an installment. life-lessons for both father and son. Great job!

@GalacticGal Thank you! I think both Dylan and Wade have learned a lot from this experience.
  • Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,642 Member

Wyrd Girls - Moonwood Mill

Miranda was pretty sure she had been walking forever... and that it had been raining the whole time. What had started as a nightmare, and blossomed into the promise of a fine adventure, had now pretty much been reduced to the monotony of putting one foot in front of the other.

Bluebell was more enthusiastic about the whole thing but then, Miranda thought bitterly, she had wings.
    PXRAdU9.png

"I need to rest soon," Miranda said at last. "My feet a soaked. My legs have never been this sore. I'm tired and hungry and..."

Just a little further, Bluebell chimed. We're almost there.

Miranda had long ago given up asking where they were actually going.
    She wasn't sure if the little fairy wouldn't answer, couldn't answer or didn't really know herself.
    o8pGCjD.png

The most prominent among the various tattered notes, posters and flyers, declared this "Moonwood Mill."
    BBTwF9m.png
    As safe haven's went, Miranda didn't think it looked very promising... but there was light and voices coming from a nearly building and Bluebell (who had vanished again) seemed completely confident that this was the place.
    VwkBcxw.png

Miranda wasn't certain what she had been expecting... but she was 100% sure "a library" had not even been on her list.

No one seemed particular bothered by the arrival of a wet and bedraggled young woman. They simply greeted her, if not warmly at least not unkindly. A nice fellow even asked her to join him for a game of chess.
    LFYoR25.png

In fact, many of the locals seemed to enjoy a good game.
    9XkbWxO.png

Maybe it was because she was warm, drying out and not alone (except for a wisp of blue light she still wasn't entirely convinced was real) but Moonwood Mills was starting to look like a safe haven...

Plus, Jake was kind of a cutie...
    9PfPC7Z.png

... and Nick was really charming.
    Z09NRD8.png

Miranda tried not to cringe inwardly at the fact that she was wearing a grungy sweatshirt. At least, she thought, Gwen had taught her a few practical spells that she'd used to keep her clothes, and herself, clean.

After a pleasant enough afternoon, Miranda found herself standing outside again unsure what to do next. Night was coming and she need some sleep. At least the rain had stopped.
    If anyone ever again suggested to Miranda that sleeping outside under the stars was romantic and exciting, she felt she would slap them.
    yEBWiwf.png

In the early morning (sleeping in just wasn't something she could do in a bush), Miranda followed the directions Jake and Nick had had given her to a local swimming hole. Magic was fine but sometimes a dip in real water was what a girl really needed to feel good.
    ED8wSGL.png

Well, Miranda thought... I'm here. Now what am I supposed to do?
    "Good morning. I don't mean to bother you, but I wondered if I could buy you some breakfast."
    NFEa7kB.png

Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    @Metior_Ice I almost never let my sims listen have radios because they won't stop dancing, so I never hear these songs. Thanks for the links!

@luciusstorm Werewolves seem like a good place to hide from vampires. You've got me curious to see how this goes.

OK, so this post will be all about Cornelius Munch-Andreas. Here he is posing for a painting.
    cMXHuqX.png

And here he is in his vampire form admiring his sister-in-law.
    IIe4NRh.png

He has the "Alluring Visage" power... sooo
    z8Jkpho.png
    HCfXrvm.png

Spoiler because I post lots of screenshots.
    Once the power wore off, Katrina still found herself attracted to Cornelius.
    bKcfIDG.png

They had next to no friendship at all, but he was willing to have fun in ways that Charlotte just wasn't.
    AudNNYp.png

In case you were unaware, vampires with the good trait can't woohoo in coffins.
    What I was unaware of, was how well Alluring Visage would work. I expected trouble starting a romance with no friendship, but the pink bar rose really quickly without touching the green one while that power was in effect.

Charlotte was mostly busy watching the kids or training for her job while this was going on. She plays a lot of chess to keep her mind sharp.
    37klRod.png

Cornelius and Charlotte are not close, but not openly enemies. They will occasionally have a "friendly" spar.
    9j2y0wW.png
    QbBti54.png
    Older brother always wins.

Cornelius also needs logic for his job, so they play chess together too. Cornelius us entertained by all the games he is winning... even the ones Charlotte doesn't know they're playing.
    C5PDBwf.png

But his sister isn't the only one who has something Cornelius wants.
    His mother has several vampire offspring who live in Straud Manor. Ulrike is their leader, having slain Vlad a while back to protect her human love, Victor Feng.
    lmCliMy.png

Once Cornelius became a Master Vampire, he began plotting his own rise to power. He studied a lot.
    fKuH9hN.png

Practiced sparring with his father.
    AmpNLHu.png

And wrote himself some spooky theme songs.
    15HmfSC.png

And finally the time was right to make his way to Straud Manor with the vampire cure (sorry about the darkness).
    A3rBXEW.png
    sC26H23.png
    ehxIAO3.png
    2D1O4S6.png
    XeCilEH.png

Ulrike was no longer a vampire, and Cornelius had won. But he wasn't done.
    eu1oR9a.png

Victor became the first victim of Cornelius's new power of ultimate emotional manipulation! But not at first. First Cornelius made him angry.
    VXWmE2f.png
    L1k7MDx.png

Then Cornelius and Wolfgang argued with him for a while.
    yurxBsi.png
    2YVDs7M.png

And nothing ever happened. So I rolled back the save a bit, and tried embarrassment instead. Instant success!
    jHr6f7w.png

Ulrike and Viktoria (Victor and Ulrike's teen daughter) were distraught.
    jrPDB7P.png

Cornelius was pretty happy with himself.
    bIksgmZ.png

And now Cornelius is the lord of Straud Manor!
    His affair with Katrina will have to be continued next rotation...

In the meantime, Ulrike and Viktoria took Victor's urn and fled to Tartosa, where they bought a small house.
    jCTNUNS.png

If I manage to get back to posting regularly again, their next moves will be my next update.
    Happy Simming all!
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    My sim, Mik has rather dysfunctional parents who fight all the time and who criticize her over everything.
    one day she had enough and it all got too much.
    5r9R2SN.png

She ran away and stumbled upon a very interesting town. The locals seemed friendly enough and she made friends with an older sim. He took her back to his place and things got intense real quick.
    hanlCFq.png
    SYc4c3x.png

As if her day couldn't get anymore terrifying she spotted Greg a creature she heard the locals talking about who was an outcast. She could see why, he was horrifying!!
    i4PBN5q.png

Mik made her way back to the nearest hangout and started to feel real funny and also very hungry. She tackled with her growing hunger, eating more and more meat by the hour. Soon she felt this all consuming urge to break things and hurt people, she was crawling out of her skin. She couldn't hold back any longer and transformed into a raging werewolf! She was awesome looking!
    ujT9A06.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top