Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,642 Member
    edited June 2022
    @GalacticGal, terrific updates.
    Really glad the kid was ok... I was worried for a minute.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    @GalacticGal, terrific updates.
    Really glad the kid was ok... I was worried for a minute.

Thank you. It's good to know you were worried for a minute. That means i did my job as a writer. Thank you so much for that. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I got one of my sims to play the new telescope & unfortunately she died by meteor. So, I brought her back from my library, then I gave her the Spellcaster trait with some abilities to protect her from death again & I changed the moon from new moon to full moon. So far she can moongaze all she wants now. ;)
  • Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    edited June 2022
    Summer Vaction in Sulani

After spending more time with the younger twins, Dylan and Zeph felt it was time to introduce them to the Realm of Magic and their culture. Before leaving for Sulani, the younger twins got their mermadic attire that they would wear while on vacation. The mermadic attire had some important functions for merfolk. For royal merfolk, the fishnet was considered unsuitable because it was made from human junk left in the sea. That didn't mean mermen didn't wear the fishnet.

Upon arriving at Ohani Villa, the first thing Barnaby did was raid the kitchen and make a mess in his Uncle and Aunt's room.

52131321648_b5408f2b12_b.jpg
    Sefina: "Seriously, why would you do this?"

Barnaby: "I don't know. It seemed like fun."

52131322033_10e8b5e8ec_b.jpg

Sefina: "By now, you should know that making messes isn't right. Now, you need to start your vacation cleaning."

52131300346_a666473e66_b.jpg

Barnaby: "I don't mind. I'll clean this mess right up."

52131322018_c1961cf8e6_h.jpg

And so, Barnaby cleaned his mess up.

52130279262_54ea048cc4_c.jpg

After Barnaby finished cleaning, the family left for Nereus Lagoon. A local beach that featured Karaoke and a number of water activities. A perfect place for merfolk and water elementals. Dylan and Cecelia enjoyed singing a duet while the younger twins did tricks on the water slide.

52130279567_ab6e1cfb50_b.jpg

52131321978_40580296af_h.jpg

While Dylan's family was having fun, Zeph kissed Sefina in the water. The young merman was enamoured with Sefina, and Sefina felt the same way. Sefina loved the outdoors and was a Child of the Ocean. Sefina was drawn to the sea, and even though she was born a human, she naturally got along with merfolk, dolphins, and any other denzin of the sea.

52131537334_8dbf1232b6_b.jpg

52131798615_de4edd5db8_c.jpg

After a long day of fun,the family gathered for dinner. Dylan and Zeph could eat human food even if they never needed to, but their wives and Dylan's sons needed to eat. It was something to get used to. Much like how Dylan and Zeph became best friends and super siblings from a young age, Barnaby and Wade were becoming an inseperable duo.

52131798610_e80e342ac5_b.jpg

Cecelia: "This is everything I've always wanted. I never imagined that we would be spending time as a family so soon. I... I was worried about introducing the twins to their heritage so soon, but everything seems to be working out for the best."

Dylan: "I think the twins are ready to learn about their heritage. Tomorrow, I'm going to show them my true form."

Cecelia: "They'll be young mermen before I know it. I think it's a good idea that they know what they are."

The twins were curious about their parent's conversation, but they didn't pay it much mind.

52130279497_cb994a7fe6_b.jpg

Cecelia put the merboys to bed before going to sleep.

52131798585_432c8ef754_b.jpg

Before going to bed, Dylan had a crazy idea. "You should offer Sefina some mermadic kelp. She could join us in the sea."

Zeph rubbed his temples. 'Was it really that simple? Sefina loved the sea, but would she be willing to give being human to be with Zeph in the sea?'

52131798580_b8801ed1e4_b.jpg

When Zeph joined Sefina in a human bed, he dreamt of humanities mortality, the inevitble death from old age that waits for anyone that survives to their elder years.

52131300256_2c266cd71a_b.jpg

Dylan slept soundly next to Cecelia. Most merfolk didn't use human beds. Their scales would dry out over night and it was just more comfortable to not exert energy to maintain a human form while asleep. For Dylan, it was worth it because Cecelia no longer had her eternal youth.

52131321898_be946c13da_b.jpg

The Ancient Bloodline that coursed through the veins of the twins was beginning to awaken. They came from a lineage of Elementals and Merfolk. The time they spent in Sulani sped up the awakening. Before long, they would grow into their true form and gain their full power as mermen.

52131798390_c9a0e5ebab_b.jpg

The next day, Dylan went into the water with Barnaby and lept out of the water. For the first time, Barnaby saw what his father truly was, shimemring blue tail and all. His head raced with questions.

'How was he on land when he didn't naturally have legs?'

'Why did he keep it a secret?'

'Would he get a tail too?!'

'Are there other magical people in the Worlds?'

52143093326_fa5dfed0b1_b.jpg

Before he could ask his question, Dylan dove under the water and flicked a light spray of sea water at his son with his fluke. Barnaby laughed at the playful gesture. Knowing that merfolk were real was awesome!

52143579950_124229ba62_b.jpg

Barnabus often suspected that the people that wandered the streets at night weren't human. He had a question for his father.

"Are vampires real?"

Dylan's playful demeonor turned serious. "Vampires are real, but they aren't all friendly. There's one vampire you should never look for. He's the Shadow Elemental and preys on people's inner darkness. You should never make a deal with him. It will never end well."

Dylan paused and remembered his own time under a curse.

"Merfolk that let their inner darkness consume them can become Vampires of Shadow that prey on others. It's important to swim in the light and treat others right."

Dylan looked at Barnaby in the eyes. He didn't want to scare him, but he wanted him to know the truth.

"Barnaby, you are a merling, a young merman that hasn't grown into his power. You don't have a tail yet, but your current form is only temporary. Eventually, you will gain your true form, a tail, and a great deal of power. That power comes with a great deal of responsibility."

52142071017_b9ae943327_b.jpg

Dylan's demeanor changed back to playful. "But let me tell you, the freedom that comes with swimming in the sea, the dolphin friends you'll make, and all the merfolk you've yet to meet will be great! It's not something to fear. Merfolk and Water Elementals should never fear change because change is in out nature. We change our form to walk on land, change the way others feel, and change the weather."

52142071002_503e5ee8b4_b.jpg

Dylan: "And as far as Vampires are concerened, one of your aunts is a vampire and an Earth Elemental of the Land. She's actually pretty cool, and I think you would get along with her. Just remember what I said, not all vampires are friendly. The merfolk consumed by their darkness become vampires for a reason. It is a curse to lose your tail and your mermadic powers."

52143579560_1f6873bc04_b.jpg

Dylan: "It's important to embrace who and what you are."

52143332054_9525f66ec1_b.jpg

Wade slept in, so Dylan showed Wade his tail later in the day. Wade had many of the same questions his brother had, and Dylan gave very similar answers. Dylan wanted to make sure both twins understood the importance of using their powers responsbily and the dangers of misusing their powers. He also explained to them why merfolk wore the clothes they wore and the dangers that lurked in the sea.

52142070982_8755f6c306_b.jpg

Wade, however, did ask a few questions that were different from his brother's. And again, Dylan took a more serious apporach to answer his questions.

Wade: "If merfolk that misuse their power become vampires, how are they different from vampires like our aunt."

Dylan: "The biggest difference is what they feed on. Merfolk consumed by their inner darkness need to feed on the suffering of others. They inflict pain to satisfy a hole inside them. It's a very ugly cycle."

52142070937_30b7f63e21_b.jpg

As the day went on, Dylan and the twins went on land. He knew from experience that Elementals had power at an incredibly young age. He wanted to show the twins the power they had.

Dylan turned to Wade and back to Barnaby. "All Elementals, be they Water, Air, Fire, or Earth have a connection to the Heart of Sulani, Mount Pel'Am. Mount Pel'Am touches all the Elements. We can call on it to summon lava bombs anywhere."

52143331944_b1705bc10d_b.jpg

52143331924_2d5fa78911_b.jpg

Dylan turned to Wade. "These powers can become dangerous. The lava bombs can start fires and humans can burn themselves if they touch them while they are hot."

52142070887_4cbac516d5_b.jpg

Dylan: "This is one power that must be used responsibly. But, I believe you are ready to learn."

52143093226_f4eee98c90_b.jpg

Dylan channeled the Heart of Sulani into the palm of his hands. Fire ignited as he gathered more power.

Barnaby: "That's so cool!"

52142070497_328c136db8_b.jpg

Showing restraint, Dylan closed his palms before fire rained down on the island.

Dylan: "Now you two can try."

The younger twins began looking deep within for their own power. Soon, fire ignited in their hands. They couldn't sustain the fire and eventually it extinguished.

Dylan: "Give it more practice and you'll be able to control this power."

52143579815_8252311270_b.jpg

During the middle of their vacation, the merfolk family enjoyed the sun and explored the island. The older twins diliginitly showed the twins the joys of singing and music that came naturally to all merfolk. The younger twins honed their motor skills and achieved their aspiration to become physically gifted.

As their vacation came closer to an end, Zeph invited Sefina to Wayfinder's Atoll and slow danced with her.

52143579785_7fe4166e0f_b.jpg

The sky was clear, and the moon shined on the sea. Zeph expertly navigated the human dancing techniques, but Sefina took the lead.

52143110573_4fa3d60aa5_b.jpg

Zeph felt it was time to make the proposal his brother mentioned earlier in the week. Maybe it would be this simple.

Zeph: "Sefina, I want you to have this. I don't want you to feel pressured, but if you take one bite out of this magic kelp, you'll gain mermadic powers and eternal youth. The choice is yours and I'll support whatever you choose."

52143093196_8100b35f01_h.jpg

The next day , the younger twins explored more of the islands and snorkled in the lagoon. The merlings were close to growing into their true form.

52143110838_09d251dee8_b.jpg

As the sun set, Sefina waded into the sea and thought about the offer Zeph gave her. All she had to do was bite into the magic kelp he gave her and her life would change forever.

52143579715_eb2e337af3_b.jpg

As much as Sefina loved Zeph, she didn't want to change because of him or anyone. If she was going to become a mermaid, it had to be because she wanted it. After staring at the kelp a long while, she realized that it might be a dream come true. She loved the sea. She loved Zeph. Would could be better than being with someone she loved and in a place she loved forever. Sefina took a bite and shrieked as she changed into a mermaid.

52143579710_a191991013_b.jpg

Zeph heard her and ran to her. He was worried something terrible might have happened. 'Could a Darkfin be targeting the love of his life?'

52143331439_9e578ce64d_h.jpg

Too Zeph's surprise, he was greeted by Sefina with a huge grin. Sefina's shirek was a shriek of laughter and joy. When Zeph swam to her, Sefina felt the mermadic power coursing through her veins and instinctively gave Zeph a Mermaid's Kiss, an ability merfolk reserved for their soulmates and a kiss Zeph often gave Sefina to keep her from drowning in the sea.

52143093111_e6b92effea_b.jpg

Sefina pulled Zeph close as he arched his back. Sefina's hand wrapped around the back of Zeph's head as she pulled him closer.

52143579685_b7b57f3490_b.jpg

It was an intense moment for Zeph and Sefina before Sefina released the young merman from her embrace. Zeph smiled back at her. He was in love.

52143331754_147a1daf69_b.jpg

Not long after, another change happened. The younger twins changed and grew into their merman form. They were still in their human form and had yet to go for their first swim as mermen. Zeph and Sefina met up with Dylan at the Nightclub. Dylan played the DJ booth and the family had a small dance party to celebrate the changes in their lives.

52142070702_a1f29006ba_b.jpg

Dylan's musical skill started to draw a crowd, and one of the people that showed up was Ember, his younger sister. Ember knew about the curse that plaugued Cecelia. As a spellcaster, she knew that spellcasters could end up cursed too. She did some digging and discovered a potion that could cure curses. She had a special gift she wanted to give Cecelia.

52143579655_0c7d1605a7_b.jpg

Cecelia smiled, almost crying when she saw what was inside the present.

52142070662_f557f40763_z.jpg

Cecelia went downstairs and drank the potion. She felt a warm light flow through her and the spell Sarah wove with her Siren Song was undone.

52143331559_258076a93e_b.jpg

52142070557_05ce2f8a0b_b.jpg

Extra:
    Wade became a captive audience as Ember talked about her favorite recipes with her Nephew. Wade thought her recipe was a good idea. He suggested she opened a restauraunt.

52143092971_ffc1ce8d64_c.jpg

52143579625_83b682751a_c.jpg
    Post edited by Metior_Ice on
  • Options
    @Metior_Ice, fantastic... I love lore and concepts you've got going.
  • Options

Wyrd Girls - Sympathy
    (I have a couple of updates today... this is the first)

"Recapping out top story, on the disappearance of acclaimed musician Cassie Goth."
    1LIBv4c.png
    "Authorities are not releasing details but at this time we know that Cassie, along with her daughter Miranda and wife Gwen, are missing and there are signs of violence at the family's home in Old New Henford. There are unconfirmed reports that some, perhaps all, of the family have been killed..."

In times of tragedy, one seeks comfort. Mortimer looked for his comfort in the routine of his regular chess match with a friend.
    AUVQwDy.png
    "Mortimer, my dear fellow, forgive me but you are quite off your game."
    2Dj2Ax7.png

"How... how could she be gone? My daughter, Vlad... I can't even reach her spirit. I've tried... oh, how I've tried... but I can't find her."
    MxerFrV.png

"My dear friend," Vlad hissed soothingly. "I am so... sorry... for your loss. Keep searching. I know you will find her spirit... and please, keep more informed of anything more you learn about this tragedy. I wish to help in any way I can."
    CTU7OMJ.png

"Thank you, Vlad," Mortimer replied. "I don't know what I would do without your support?"
    TCXPRnS.png

Leaving, Mortimer felt a renewed purpose. Cassandra's spirit was out there and, as a skilled medium, Mortimer was sure he could make contact with her.
    bZ4aG9s.png
  • Options
    I’m super excited about the latest patch.

For those who don’t know, my merfolk’s hydration need is their most pressing need, and I have it set up so that it decays the fastest.

If the lunar cycle affects hydration decay, it will be one of the first patches that adds to merfolk gameplay!

I can’t wait to play and see what happens with my merfolk.

For those who are new to my stories, my merfolk always have the:

1. Forever Full trait
    2. Steel Bladder trait

They always have the following skills maxed:

3. Level 10 fitness
    4. Level 10 singing

This impacts them swimming and essentially makes it possible to satisfy all their needs without leaving the water. The singing is because merfolk are traditionally known for their singing voices.
  • Options
    BoujieSimmerBoujieSimmer Posts: 50 Member
    My sims can’t order a burrito during the spice festival because everyone keeps fighting. Lovely full moon we’re having lol
  • Options
    @Metior_Ice What a great installment! I loved it. I was especially taken by this line: As much as Sefina loved Zeph, she didn't want to change because of him or anyone. If she was going to become a mermaid, it had to be because she wanted it. A friend was trying to rush me into changing my denomination, but I pretty much said the same thing to him. It had to be my choice. I did change to said denomination but I took about a year to fully decide. When I make a commitment, I like to be all in. So, I respect Sefina's thought process.

Now, I can't wait to see the young twins make there transformation. So excited for the next installment. Well done!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    @luciousstorm Wow, didn't see that one coming. Great job. I'm not overly certain I would trust in Vlad, however. Me thinks he's got ulterior motives …
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    edited June 2022
    It's great to see this thread so active with people commenting on others' posts. I'll be sure to catch up on everything.
    Metior_Ice wrote: »

1. Forever Full trait
    2. Steel Bladder trait

@Metior_Ice I'm not new to your stories and I still didn't realize that. That's interesting and those traits are very helpful--they make senses since your merfolk should be able to stay in the water. I used to use Steel Bladder all the time in Sims 3, but I've actually never used any need improving/boosting traits in Sims 4, so I guess I just assume that most people don't either. I love the gameplay around food in the Sims 4 (but my Sims aren't merfolk). I don't think that there are any reward traits that I use with all my Sims except Always Welcome because my Sims have lots of relatives and when visiting their relatives, I need for them to be treated like family instead of outsiders who are behaving inappropriately (especially because my Sims most likely paid for the home they're visiting).

• Options

Wyrd Girls - Miranda Alone

Miranda had run, through the night, through the woods, and up into the mountains. The rain had started to fall a while ago, chilling her to the bone. Eventually, after what felt like hours, she was too cold and tired to run...
    8dLXOjo.png

What was she going to do. She knew... she knew something terrible had happened. She'd seen them... their cold white skin, bloody dripping from their mouths... The monsters had come. Mom and Gwen were... oh God, they were gone. She'd just left them... left them to the monsters. She was alone... really, really alone...
    No, Miranda, the voice said. You're not alone.
    gi1kslQ.png
    "Terrific... I'm going crazy," Miranda sighed. "On top of everything else, I'm going crazy now."

You're not crazy, the spark of light tittered. I know we haven't talked in a while but I never left you.

"You're my imaginary friend, Bluebell," Miranda shuddered in the cold. "My imaginary friend from when I was a little kid. You're not real!"

Of course I'm real, Bluebell chimed. I was Gwen's friend when she was young and she passed me to you. To take care of you... and I mean to. You can't stand here in the rain forever... you're not immortal enough for that yet. You'll catch a chill. We need to keep moving... I know a place.

Between madness and freezing in the rain, Miranda picked madness... and followed the fairy's directions.
    tnZun2v.png

Through the cave, through the woods beyond and finally to a small cottage.

Rest here, Bluebell said. He won't mind.

Miranda was too tired to wonder who he might be...
    4lylMCd.png

In the morning, Bluebell led her to the garden, a simple breakfast of fresh fruit and finally...
    JE9HhPc.png
    ... to her mysterious host.
    HC7y8td.png

The old hermit welcomed her, and Bluebell, warmly.
    VxAH9k5.png

She was welcome to stay, he told her. The monsters would not find her here... but if she stayed, she would never reach the place she needed to be. The choice, he said, was hers...
    b5aOf6S.png

"Let's go," Miranda said confidently.
    jX4rDcu.png
    You seem in better mood, the fairy chimed.

"I know a secret, Bluebell" Miranda smiled. "I know..."
    y4rh2vW.png

• Options

Wyrd Girls - A secret

S0OLWQC.png
    "... they're alive!"
    b8bTDzQ.png

"Gwen," Cassie woke, puzzled. "What... How... How are we alive?"
    mqVccbS.png

"At the risk of sounding glib, my love... magic!" Gwen replied. "My potions are good for more than keeping us looking young and beautiful. I knew Vlad and his brood would be coming... I'd felt them lurking around the house for weeks... Eventually, he would strike. So, I prepared. My potion revived me and I was able to call you back."

"Oh my God!" Cassie gasped. "Miranda! Where's Miranda!?!"
    9CTCRrN.png

"She got out," Gwen replied calmly. "She ran... and she ran. She's on the road now. The road to where she needs to go..."

"You left her!?!," Cassie leapt to her feet. "You left her alone, with those... those monsters out hunting for her!"
    RAarvUz.png

"This what she needs to do," Gwen replied, unruffled, "for herself and for all our sakes."

"Enough with our mystical mumbo-jumbo," Cassie snapped. "You're not the only witch in this family, you know!"
    Whb1kpz.png

L3WAum7.png

FuIO9Fk.png

gEc7o67.png

"Cassie, I love you," Gwen embraced her wife. "and I love Miranda. She's my daughter too..."
    fispqqX.png

"... but we can't be with her now," Gwen continued. "Alone, with us gone, Vlad won't see her as a threat... any more than he did me when I was her age. If we went to her now, he's come for us all... and I might be ready next time. Miranda is on the road to where she needs to be. It's time for us to do the same."
    ASctVDD.png

"Where?" Cassie asked.

"I'm taking you to meet my mother, at last."

"Gwen... your mom's dead."

"So?"
    c1l0sqU.png
  • Options
    @Metior_Ice, fantastic... I love lore and concepts you've got going.

@luciusstorm thank you. I did take some creative liberties with my merfolk.
    @Metior_Ice What a great installment! I loved it. I was especially taken by this line: As much as Sefina loved Zeph, she didn't want to change because of him or anyone. If she was going to become a mermaid, it had to be because she wanted it. A friend was trying to rush me into changing my denomination, but I pretty much said the same thing to him. It had to be my choice. I did change to said denomination but I took about a year to fully decide. When I make a commitment, I like to be all in. So, I respect Sefina's thought process.

Now, I can't wait to see the young twins make there transformation. So excited for the next installment. Well done!

@GalacticGal I believe we all have a choice in everything we do, and I felt it was important for Sefina to choose to become a mermaid. She’s only a half-mermaid, but that’s enough to make it a big choice.
    haneul wrote: »
    It's great to see this thread so active with people commenting on others' posts. I'll be sure to catch up on everything.
    Metior_Ice wrote: »

1. Forever Full trait
    2. Steel Bladder trait

@Metior_Ice I'm not new to your stories and I still didn't realize that. That's interesting and those traits are very helpful--they make senses since your merfolk should be able to stay in the water. I used to use Steel Bladder all the time in Sims 3, but I've actually never used any need improving/boosting traits in Sims 4, so I guess I just assume that most people don't either. I love the gameplay around food in the Sims 4 (but my Sims aren't merfolk). I don't think that there are any reward traits that I use with all my Sims except Always Welcome because my Sims have lots of relatives and when visiting their relatives, I need for them to be treated like family instead of outsiders who are behaving inappropriately (especially because my Sims most likely paid for the home they're visiting).

Yep, my merfolk do not need to eat ever. Their most important need and the need I never slow the decay with is their hydration need. It’s very important for all my merfolk to return to the water. They have to spend a lot of time there.
  • Options
    NyxerisNyxeris Posts: 16 Member
    Returned to the Not So Berry Challenge again after not having played for nearly two months.
    Pink gen are now teenagers, orange gen is on the last leg of her requirements (lvl 8/10 in baking is the last one), and her younger brother just got married and moved out with his husband and dog. Allium, my pink gen, has already written and self-published two books
  • Options
    Decisions,, part one, an Erik Cantrell REDUX

Joey and Astrid were busily planning their wedding. Erik knew this because they asked a great many questions on just how to go about it. “Well,” Erik began, as the four of them sat around the new kitchen table. “First decide on your Theme, then set the color or colors you desire. Find the venue. Find an Officiant, ask Sims to be your Honor Sims. Secure a Ring Bearer, and I hope you have better luck than I did. Mine never did show up. He got the flu.”

“Pick your gown and the tuxedo you want the Groom and Groomsmen to wear, and the gowns the Bridesmaids will wear. Find a Flower Pal.” Kayleigh offered.

“And then there is the taste-testing. There’s this quaint little Shoppe in Tartosa where you can sample cake flavors. Also down the road, near the beach is the Flower vendor. Make certain you have a bouquet for the Bride and also the Bridesmaids. Some will carry it and others just won’t.” Erik said. “Our sister carried hers and it now rests on her mantle.”
    Taking his older brother at his word, Joey and Astrid paid a visit to Father James Tomlin’s house. They called ahead to make certain they wouldn’t be interrupting his household.
    “So good to see you again, Father James. I came to ask you if you would kindly be our Officiant.”
    “Does this mean you two have finally set a date?”
    “Once we get our ducks all in a row. Erik tells me we have a lot to do beforehand.”
    “I would be more than pleased to officiate.”
    “Ah, thank you, Father James.”
    lIxo7Kw.jpg

“Is your son, Maximilian available? I would like to invite him to be our Ring Bearer, if so.”
    “Come on inside.”

“Hey, Max, your Dad just said he would be our Officiant at my wedding. How would you like to do us a tremendous favor and be our Ring Bearer?”
    “You want me? Gosh, I hope I don’t get sick again. I missed your brother’s wedding.”
    “Yes, I know. That was a shame, but what are the odds of it happening again?”
    “I don’t know, you tell me you’re the Genius.”

“Let’s give it a try, okay?
    “Sure.”
    LZGO4CX.jpg

“And take a look at this. It’s my latest invention.”
    wxErdyT.jpg
    “Oh, cool. What does it do?”
    Joey shrugged. “I don’t know.”

In the meantime the girls were now the ones giving their parents fits. It was time for these three to learn some basics of life. How to tell what their needs were, how to say please and thank you, but most importantly, how to say ‘I’m sorry.’ This was no easy task. All three shared one key Trait in common. They were all Head-Strong. Stubborn. Dealing with them made a day very, very long. Their parents were exhausted.
    There was potty-training to achieve and some were less than willing. Erik had to pick up a defiant Cadence and carry her to the Potty chair.
    LZSSZeN.jpg

Then he stood over her to keep her from escaping.
    Q26aZSz.jpg

As a reward, he read Cadence a story.
    awZ7g9V.jpg

Harmony was less than harmonious about said training. Again, Erik was persistent. He was so very glad Jamison wasn’t this difficult.
    “See, that’s not so hard, is it?
    MiVkMHD.jpg

Erik was flat-out exhausted, but he sallied-forth. Once more into the breach.
    Meal-time wasn’t the easiest thing. While Jamison readily gobbled his food down, the girls not-so-much. They were still on the small side and their Pediatrician indicated that getting them to eat was essential to their overall development. They were Preemies and they would naturally be behind in their development.
    Erik didn’t wish to turn meal time into an all-out Battle of Wits. Harmony had other plans, however.
    “You need to eat your dinner, little Missy,” he said.
    pRIQ2II.jpg

“I won’t let you out until you have at least three bites of your food. Look, it’s what you like.”
    “Don’t wanna.”
    “What’s that you just said? Do we tell Daddy or Mommy no when asked to do something?”
    JGK2M2I.jpg
    Reluctantly, the child shook her head, and slowly shoveled in three bites of her food.

“Okay, good girl, let’s go have a bath!”
    nETrnUB.jpg

“Play.” Harmony demanded.
    “Can you ask me nicely? Don’t forget the magic word.”
    “Please.”
    “That’s better. Good girl. Up we go, weee!”
    32Gk6Xu.jpg

“Zooooom,” Erik’s throat caught and he had to clear it.
    8k2XxwI.jpg

Erik stopped in the middle of recording a song. Again he had to clear his throat. Even his antihistamine medicine wasn’t solving the perpetual phlegm in his throat. He started to grow concerned. Singing was his life. Others had come down with nodes on their vocal chords, was it something he had to worry about? After voicing his concerns with his wife, they both agreed he should go in to be seen. Perhaps, he just had a case of Strep Throat?
    Erik was put through the paces. The doctor checked his lymph glands under his jaw, gazed into his throat and listened to his heart. Erik took deep breaths as the physician listened to his lungs. Then, Dr. Carey stood up and said, “I’m afraid I have to insist you undergo another test, if I’m to be certain of my diagnosis. I’m sending you upstairs for an X-Ray of your lungs.”
    “My lungs? I thought my throat was in trouble. My lungs?
    “Don’t worry, this is just routine — so I can be certain. It’s likely nothing. I just need to be sure.”

Erik stepped into the contraption, feeling no less settled than before. His imagination went wild, in fact. What if, what if, What IF? Stop making yourself crazy.
    Erik was not in the least bit comfortable.
    U5cijAQ.jpg
    zUoy4pi.jpg

At long last he was sent back to await the report. While he sat, he got some work done.
    MppMKYn.jpg

In the end it was just his allergies. The high pollen count was nearly defeating the antihistamine. “Spend more time indoors with good air-filtration and you’ll see a difference. You’re fine. It’s not your throat, I know you were worried.”
    “Thank you, Doctor. That’s the best news possible.”

More to Come, thanks for reading!

• Options
    edited June 2022
    Decisions, part Two, an Erik Cantrell REDUX

Erik was also contemplating a serious change on his part. To retire or not to retire. He wanted very much to be an active family member, helping to raise the children he helped bring into this world. But, his career also pulled at him, tugging him away when he needed to be home the most.
    “Kayleigh, Honey, what would you say if I told you I was thinking of hanging things up?”
    “Are you talking about hanging up your clothes, for once?”
    “No, I mean give up my career. You know the concerts, the photoshoots, the recordings, the tours, et al. Stay home with you and the kids. Be more of a help around here.”

“I would say you were crazy. That you had gone completely off your Nut. Your cheese had slipped from your cracker. Why, Erik? Why would you think this was a good idea? You and I both know how much you need the energy, the adoration of your fans — even the Obsessed Fans. The concerts give you such joy, too, to be able to share your music and hear the appreciation. Besides, you’re on quite a roll with the Accolades. Do you really want to give it all up? Or, do you think I expect you to? Because I don’t. I think it would be disastrous for you.”

“I just never wanted you to feel as if you had to carry the entire load of our family. I know we both agreed to a large family. Six. We said we wanted six. And I’m hardly ever here to help you.”
    “But when you are here, they really listen to you. You’re their Daddy. And I know when they’re old enough to figure out just what you do for a living, they’ll be so very proud of you. I know I am. Besides, I knew what I was getting into when I married you. That hasn’t changed. Please, don’t give up your first love now, on our account. I know you’ll be miserable if you do. Being a Recording Artist will never be enough for you. Trust me, I know this.”

The girls continued to be difficult. Cadence refused to eat. This worried both of her parents. She was the smallest of the three. Stop being so much like me. Kayleigh sighed.
    “Come, on eat your peas. You like peas and Mommy made them just for you.”
    v4B3E13.jpg

“Uh-uh.” Cadence said. “No want to.”
    “Cadence, you don’t tell Mommy no. Now you eat your peas like a good girl.”
    Qvw8fp5.jpg

Shortly thereafter the peas, bowl and all, smashed to the floor. Kayleigh took a slow breath determined not to let the small girl get to her. “Alright, you come here. You need to learn how to say you’re sorry.”
    XKIL0Tq.jpg

While Kayleigh and Cadence were busy sparring in the kitchen, Erik was upstairs with Melodie. Their battle wasn’t any less trying.
    “When you do something wrong you need to say two simple words. ‘I’m sorry.’ Come on, say it to me. You hurt Daddy’s feelings just now by being so defiant. You need to apologize. These words are like magic,”
    FbTrEdq.jpg

“Please.”
    “Yes, that’s one of the magic words.”
    “Thank you.”
    “That’s another pair of magic words. This one is also two words and it’s even more important.”
    “Huh?”
    “I’m sorry.”
    Vvf5gH3.jpg
    “Sorry?”
    “That’s right. Good girl.”
    Along the way there were more sorrys to be had.
    E6b7UaJ.jpg

One afternoon when Kayleigh went out back to check on the children, she came across Harmony in the midst of an egregious act. “Harmony, just what do you think you’re doing?” She said.
    “I painting like gramma.”
    nRNj2Yy.jpg

“Not in the garden, you don’t. What do you say now that you’ve been caught doing something wrong? What’s the magic words?”
    “I sorry?”
    “Very good.”
    sKU58Wu.jpg

For her twenty-fourth birthday, Erik hired a Butler to help Kayleigh out, ease some of the burden, to help fill in whenever he had to be away. With the way Joey was rising in his career, he would soon have his own Practice and the couple would likely move out on their own. Certainly, they would be married soon. So, he called the Agency to find just the right candidate for his family.
    Yumiko Kudo was exactly the Sim he was looking for. After he hired her, he called Kayleigh to give her a heads up. “Kay-Kay, your birthday present is on her way.”
    “On her way? Have you adopted another baby girl or something? Erik, that’s not funny.”
    “No, I promise you, she’s an Adult, at least a young adult anyway. The Agency is sending her over. Give her the right front bedroom. I’ve already placed furniture there. Set the lock for her only.”
    “This woman is going to live with us?”
    “Kay-Kay, she’s a Butler. She’s going to do many things for us. Most of all she will help with the children. Do some cleaning, maybe some cooking. I thought you could use a bit of a break to pursue some of your own goals.”
    “Does this mean you’ve changed your mind about retiring from your career, I hope?”
    “Yeah, I thought about it some more and I realized you are right. I would hate being away from the crowds and the fanfare such as it is . My latest song, too, just hit the top spot on the charts. I still get a thrill when that happens. It’s just not the right time for me to hang it up.”
    sBlFKae.jpg

Within just a few minutes the doorbell rang. There she was standing on the stoop dressed in the traditional black garments of a Butler. Kayleigh waved her inward.
    “Hi, Ms. Kudo, welcome to our home,” Kayleigh said.
    GUkSaev.jpg

“Missus Cantrell, please call me Yumiko and let me know just what it is I can help you with the most.”
    2lFxfCG.jpg

“First off, let me give you a key to your bedroom. At the top of the stairs take a sharp left. It’s the right front bedroom — at least when you view the house from the street.”
    WL0MZAG.jpg

“Thank you, Ma’am.”
    “And, please do call me Kayleigh.”

After Yumika came back downstairs, Kayleigh proceeded to introduce the Cantrell children to their new Butler.
    “This is our eldest child, his name is Jamison or Jack as we sometimes call him by his initials. J. A. C.”
    yKbH5LN.jpg
    “Oh, Jack, yes.”

“Next in order of their birth is our triplets whom we thought were only twins.”
    “Kayleigh?”
    “Yes, I was told we were having twins, but it seems the third one was hiding from the ultrasound. The first is Melodie.”
    bVBuKDP.jpg
    “Don’t let her play innocent on you, because she just isn’t.”

“Next we have Harmony. Sweet, but full of mischief.”
    YDb61y2.jpg

“And lastly, we have Cadence. She’s also a handful.”
    gTji28x.jpg
    “Always thinking and plotting. You can see it in her eyes.”

“They are all four very pretty children. I’m certain we shall get along.”
    “Well, if you don’t, please let me know. Erik, that is to say Mr. Cantrell and I are working very hard at helping them behave right. I’m so glad you’re here.”
    “I, too, am very glad to be of service.”

More to come, please forgive me. I wasn't as caught up as I thought. Besides, I did play, yesterday. Thanks for reading! :)
  • Options
    The Joy of It All, an Erik Cantrell REDUX

Despite how he wrestled with this decision, Erik Cantrell was very glad to be giving another concert. The audience was most generous, he received a deluge of gifts from fans all over the planet. His next album, while it was slow going, was shaping into something he was more than proud of. Excited to finish it and release it to the public. His public. Maybe I should write a book?

Another Sunday rolled around. Erik found himself excited all the more. Like a kid at Christmas. He smiled to himself as he donned his newest tuxedo. He didn’t know quite why he insisted on dressing up for this Event. Even though it was hot and the others who came wore very casual clothes. Beach casual. Erik hoped he wasn’t turning into a snob. But their clothing seemed inappropriate for the occasion. Besides, he enjoyed dressing up. Kayleigh often referred to him as a Clothes Horse. He did notice this time she was wearing a cocktail dress. Fancy, but shorter. Erik grinned as her gorgeous long legs were on display.

“Okay, we’re going now. Kids you be good for Yumika and we’ll be back after the Show is over. Good night!”
    “Good night,” Kayleigh called, too.
    A crowd had amassed by the time they arrived at the PBP Studios.
    wNsuDXL.jpg

“Something wrong, Sweetheart?”
    “No, but Mom didn’t get any attention. I feel terrible the cameras were all on me.”
    “Don’t.”
    hUWICrE.jpg

“And here they go again,” Kayleigh teased.
    nbTkvgx.jpg

“For bringing such aural beauty to ears around the world, the winner of this week’s Best Song is — Erik Cantrell, for his Daybreak. I can’t believe you’ve pulled it off again! Oh, I’m so excited to be handing you this tonight,” the Host said.
    nbTkvgx.jpg

“I’ve been here so often, I’m running out of Sims to thank.”
    087pTpb.jpg

“Please, don’t get me wrong. I’m truly just as honored tonight, as I have been each night I’ve received one of these beauties.”
    v5CTJQP.jpg

“Sometimes, it’s just feels so surreal. You like me, you really like me!”
    QPN8OB8.jpg

“To think I was seriously contemplating retiring to the Recording Studios, too.”
    7bsLtRn.jpg

“I know, huh? It would have been a mistake. A huge mistake. I’m just not ready. Not sure I’ll ever be ready to give this up.”
    087pTpb.jpg

“And I have all of you to thank for this joyous ride I’m on. Thank you to my Fans, thank you to my record label, thank you to those who schedule the concerts. Thank you to my gorgeous wife — isn’t she gorgeous? Put the camera on her. She’s right there in the front row. Thank you, Kayleigh for talking me out of what would have been a disaster for me. Thank you to the Academy for this Honor. Thank you, All, and goodnight!”
    VZKsIgK.jpg
    “I love you, All!”
    ZB5WTtF.jpg

To You, oh Lord.
    OkktlA7.jpg

“Number Fourteen! Yeah! Woo — Hoo! Yeah!”
    IsEttEk.jpg

All for now! I’ll be back with more, once I have another chance to play my game! Thank you for reading! :)
  • Options
    @GalacticGal, terrific... pure family
  • Options
    GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    @GalacticGal Haha! The idea of three defiant toddlers all at once is hilarious to me. The one time I had toddler triplets, one of them was angelic and another one was silly I think. Having dealt with one independent toddler at a time, I can easily imagine what it's like to put three of them through all their trainings and daily routines at the same time. :lol:
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    @luciusstorm oh terrific use of the familiar :) and Gwen is not worried because she knows Bluebell will help the young one!
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    Aw thanks @GirafHuntr :)
  • Options
    @luciusstorm oh terrific use of the familiar :) and Gwen is not worried because she knows Bluebell will help the young one!

Thanks... always good to know the story is working for others the way it's working in my head.
  • Options
    @GalacticGal, terrific... pure family

Thank you. I had fun writing it. :)
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    @GalacticGal I love your family. I love how Erik was thinking about giving up something he loved to be there for his family. It shows he really loves them. I also loved how Kayleigh knew that it wouldn’t be good for him and told him to pursue his dreams.
    Nyxeris wrote: »
    Returned to the Not So Berry Challenge again after not having played for nearly two months.
    Pink gen are now teenagers, orange gen is on the last leg of her requirements (lvl 8/10 in baking is the last one), and her younger brother just got married and moved out with his husband and dog. Allium, my pink gen, has already written and self-published two books

@Nyxeris That sounds exciting. It’s been a while since I’ve seen a Not So Berry in this thread.

————

So far, the first night was a new moon and my merfolk didn’t have anything unusual happen. The hydration seemed to last a little longer, but I’m not sure if it was the new moon or not. I may end up having my merfolk spend a little more time on land to see what happens.

Zeph and Sefina will probably end up getting a little break from the story until near the end of the week. They need to focus on their new addition to the merfolk family.

I’m worried that Barnaby and Wade’s first swim will be a lack luster addition to the story, but I’ll do my best to tell a good story.

Edit: Dylan and Cecelia’s sons were born while Cecelia was under a curse. So they went through the toddler and child life stages. With Zeph and Sefina’s child, he or she or they will be a pure-blood merboy or mergirl. So, I’ll be skipping the life stages that don’t have a merform. I know mods exist for this, but the console doesn’t allow mods.
    Post edited by Metior_Ice on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top