Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    edited June 2022
    Did a little double checking now that I had more time.

Heavy Text Warning
    The Havmand is the Scandinavian name for a Merman. They are regularly depicted as handsome and friendly. The Havfrue is the Scandinavian name for a Mermaid. They are regularly depicted as beautiful and predatory.

Nix and Nixie go by many names but they are essentially the freshwater version of merfolk.

Given that Dylan and Zeph are eternally youthful, handsome, and friendly. They definitely fit the typical characteristics of a Havmand. Dylan and Zeph are often shirtless, preferring their merman attire, because most mermen and Havmand are traditionally depicted that way. Dylan and Zeph also represent the standard attire for all mermen.

Dylan’s piper ability was inspired by Fossgrim’s ability to influence nature with his music.

Mermen are shapeshifters, an ability likely inspired by the water element.

Merfolk are typically expert musicians and singers.

They can influence nature with their music and control the weather.

Some stories depict merfolk offering gifts in exchange for something or someone.

So that clarifies a few things from my post above and narrows the list of names someone would have to search.

Mermen are shapeshifters, an ability likely inspired by the water element.

Merfolk are typically expert musicians and singers.

They can influence nature with their music and control the weather.

Some stories depict merfolk offering gifts in exchange for something or someone.

So that clarifies a few things from my post above and narrows the list of names someone would have to search.

@luciusstorm I know you are tempted but too used to New England to include the tropics. I interpreted it as possibly preferring the colder climates. Hopefully, the lore details help. Just wanted to give you some uncommon names for merfolk that might help you if you find yourself in a situation where merfolk work in your story.

Most people know the term Mermaid, some know the difference between a mermaid and merman. Fewer know of Havmand, Havfrue, Nix, Nixie, and Merrow.

Regardless of whether or not Merfolk appear later, I think I’ll continue to enjoy your story.

@BlueSeaWaves now you’re inspiring me to start building Ember’s Restaurant. Lol.

In all seriousness, not liking Cyril’s business partner or Cyril’s tendency to get so caught up in the business that he’s hurting his family financially. I do hope the restaurant works out, but I’m thinking he needs a business partner that does more to help.

Piper is such a cute toddler. I love how attached she is to her mom.

• Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,642 Member
    @Metior_Ice, awesome, thank you! I've never really looked to merfolk legends before, being more focused on the Fair Folk and People of the Hollow Hills. Gwen - properly Gwenivar daughter of Arianrhiod daughter of Ceridwen - is (in my personal head canon) half Gwragedd Annwn... who are sometimes called lake maidens (or ladies of the lake if you're feeling Arthurian), now that I think about it. Ah well, too late for another restart and Gwragedd Annwn don't have fins :)

Anyway, I really appreciate your notes and I'll look into them some more.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    edited June 2022
    @Metior_Ice Thank you for the comment, and it was very interesting to read about your rotation and play style as well!

And to both you and @luciusstorm, I have a couple (half-sister) mermaids who love skiing and spend a lot of time in Mt. Komorebi. They also love to swim in the river there, and I gave them both the iceproof trait so they don't get cold at all. I actually think of them as arctic mermaids!

I'm from New England too! Western Mass to be specific. Though I didn't grow up here, so I guess I'm not New England at heart because I love Sulani!
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,896 Member
    edited June 2022
    A few little odds and ends from the rest of the Party Arty household's week.

Billie met her new baby sister Cassie Jang. "Are you guys trying to replace me now that I've moved out?" she asked.
    billie-meets-cassie.png

The Comedy Club is still meeting, and attracting more and more of an audience as the members improve in their skills. Navya was a little uncomfortable about the two alien audience members. Sai helped her get through her initial nerves.
    comedy-club.png
    "Did you hear about National Leader Feng having that alien baby?" Navya whispered to Sai afterward. "Is it true they can just make you pregnant anytime they want?"
    "That is kind of scary," Billie agreed.
    "Especially if you're a dude," said Anas.
    Navya seemed the most upset about it.

Sai is starting to feel embarrassed about this side of their freelance work. Especially now that they're the artist of the Sai Savalani Boulevard mural. This kind of thing is now becoming a liability. But the money is really good... Sai swears this is the last one.
    forgery.png

Miki's job is requiring her to get better at cooking. "Why do I have to do this?" she complained. "I just want to make really tasty beverages!"
    "You can do it, baby!" cheered Sai. "Don't let that salad get the best of you!"
    It was only a salad. She was fine.
    cooking.png

Billie continues to prank various establishments by stealing items from them and leaving gnomes in their place. Billie finds this as totally hilarious as I would have in college. This is in the arts building.
    gnome1.png

gnome2.png

Billie got A+ grades this term except for one class. She never quite caught up from that class she missed to do her first acting gig, but as they say C is for credit, and the acting gig was worth way more to her.
    grades.png

All right, now just some pictures of the couples being adorable at the breakfast table.
    Billie & Asami
    table-billie-and-asami.png

Miki & Sai
    table-miki-and-sai.png

And Miki is also totally adorable all by herself.
    adorable-miki.png
  • Options
    @luciusstorm Happy to share information that can be helpful. And keep up the story telling, I’m very curious about where things are going. I’m new to some of your terms, not Arthurian Legend, so I’ll look up some of them. To my understanding, some folklore regards merfolk as a type of Fairy. If my memory serves me, Fairies are much more varied then the ones with wings.

@GirafHuntr I imagine that there would be Arctic Merfolk as well as Tropical Merfolk. From a less magical, or maybe very magical perspective, merfolk can appear in any environment under the sea. I know that marine environments are as varied as the land ones.
  • Options
    MsDSweetsMsDSweets Posts: 86 Member
    edited June 2022
    Anissa - The Story Teller for my Immersive Gameplay. Videos will be dropping on my Youtube channel - Simmin' with MsDSweets - soon.

52144080402_feb0a7b6c5_k.jpg
    52145123253_97892d7b41_k.jpg
  • Options
    I'll try to make my story update later today, but here are a few teasers.

Dylan Reveals his True Form to The Twins
    52143093326_fa5dfed0b1_b.jpg

52142070982_8755f6c306_b.jpg

Zephyr's Proposal
    52143093196_8100b35f01_h.jpg

A Friendly Gift from an Island Witch
    52142070662_f557f40763_z.jpg

The Twins Water-Sliding at the Beach
    52131321978_40580296af_h.jpg

Dylan and Cecelia being a Cute Couple
    52130279567_ab6e1cfb50_b.jpg

Zephyr and Sefina having a bit of Romance
    52131537334_8dbf1232b6_b.jpg

Extra:

During the start of the Vacation, Dylan and Zephyr were left to their own Autonomy. I could not control what they do except with groups. Dylan spent the first morning on Vacation Cleaning up after Dinner the night before. I think the Good Manners Trait really helps when it comes to whether or not sims leave dishes behind to get cleaned.
    52143093351_bc27091875_h.jpg

• Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,860 Member
    @Metior_Ice I'm looking forward to the story. I love the twins and their partners, they feel perfectly matched. And it's wonderful to see them introducing the younger twins to their legacy and giving them a glimpse of what lies ahead.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    @DaniRose2143 I look forward to telling their story.

Looking back, I realized that my Zalrian side of the family has 3 sets of twins while the Kailani side of the family has 2 sets of twins. In total, I have 5 sets of twins from my two main families.

Lol, I need to come up with a way to distinguish them.

Right now, I have:

Dylan and Zephyr (My Main Sims and Identical Twins)
    Jade and Juniper (Fraternal Twins)
    Kylen and Rylan (Identical Twins)
    Alex and Alen (Fraternal Twins)
    Barnabus and Wade (Identical Twins)

My game has so many twins now. :D Half the time, I’m not even trying to get twins. :D

Lir actually had a twin that I ended up deleting. :D Kinda feel bad about that, and I hope no one is surprised if I bring back Lir’s twin.

Edit: I do feel like Dylan and Cecelia as well as Zeph and Sefina are excellent matches. I look forward to the part where Dylan teaches the younger twins about their heritage and merfolk culture.
  • Options
    Was taking a quick look through old screenshots and found a few extras I had to share.

Zephyr when he forgets that he's a nice merman and not a criminal mastermind. Please eat a snickers next time...

51842001669_dc18fe32d1_b.jpg

When you take your job as an Elemental too seriously. Come on Dylan, Give the Children of the Islands a break. It's not their fault that they never honor island tradition unless the watcher plays their household.

51757644829_919bda60dc_b.jpg
  • Options

Wyrd Girls - Something Wicked This Way Comes

Night on Olde Mill Lane
    cpbhgBR.png

"Gwenivar Silveroak," Vlad smiled. "The last witch of Glimmerbrook Watch... I am so pleased to finally make your acquaintance."
    24KoNAw.png
    "Did you really think I would allow you to build a new coven that could challenge me?" Vlad declared.
    ... but Gwen's attention was on the the other vampires as they moved in to surround her.
    kSIad27.png

"Did you really think I was defenseless?" Gwen threw back at him as fire engulfed the nearest of them.
    joVYILg.png

"Your mother thought she could defeat me as well," Vlad hissed. "She did not have the strength to resist me, and neither do you."
    04gKGSD.png

Mp2jjqA.png

RWAk6uC.png

"So ends the Silveroak bloodline," Vlad smiled. "Pity... she tasted rather good."
    sNHmNQz.png

"Find the others, and deal with them."
    KFdhNEJ.png
    "The famous Cassandra Goth. Have you ever eaten a celebrity before, my friend?"
    ds5xsog.png

"You know Cassandra, I promised your father I would never harm you. As you can see, I am a vampire of my word."
    nfzbnMH.png
    Run, Miranda. She didn't know where the voice came from, but it sounded familiar and urgent enough to wake her. Run and don't look back!
    0gvAWk4.png

"Such a beautiful night," Vlad smiled, victorious.
    ZDdQp7O.png

• Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,896 Member
    @luciusstorm Oh boy
    It looks like it's getting ready to be a vampire vs werewolf story and I didn't think I wanted to read any of those but you may have changed my mind :)
  • Options
    @mightysprite, why thank you.
    Well, your not wrong about where I plan to have Miranda end up. How exactly it plays out from there, I am not sure. I'm really curious about the pre-made werewolves, the new lore and how to incorporate it all. Also, neither werewolves nor vampires are unified... and I need to figure out how the witch families might be divided. Fun stuff to come.
  • Options
    honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    I restarted my game a few days ago... I've got my families done and I even fixed up a few building, I then took out my mod folder that has Mc command and that is all that's, waiting for the patch update today and wanting to watch all the game changers going on today.
  • Options
    @mightysprite Your version of Miki is particularly endearing to me. In my game, I haven't played her but a few of my characters are really close friends with her and one of them (a boy) grew up playing Voidcritter battle with her every day after school. I thought they might fall in love later but then it turned out he's gay, and they're just still really good friends. I kind of hoped one of my Sims would fall for Miki but it hasn't happened that way yet. In my game, she has stayed the size of a pencil but your Miki has some curves and I think looks just so wonderfully cozy and comfortable with herself. I would totally be BFFs with her and share outfits. :D
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • Options
    @luciusstorm Awesome! Brutal!

@Metior_Ice Your warm screenshots are making me totally want to blow off work today. My Sulani family is next in my rotation and I would much rather be there than sitting on my couch typing and attending virtual meetings.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    GirafHuntr wrote: »
    @luciusstorm Awesome! Brutal!

@Metior_Ice Your warm screenshots are making me totally want to blow off work today. My Sulani family is next in my rotation and I would much rather be there than sitting on my couch typing and attending virtual meetings.

@luciusstorm I had the same thoughts. Epic storytelling!

@GirafHuntr I feel the same way, but if my screenshots are that good then I’m doing something right!

———————

On another note, I believe Dylan, Zeph, Cecelia, Sefina, Barnaby, and Wade have been uploaded to the gallery. I actually have a lot of mermen and mermaids there if someone wants to add a few merfolk to their game.

All my merfolk have two outfits, the first outfit is their merfolk attire and the second unseen outfit is their human disguise. In my game, my merfolk are first and foremost merfolk and their merfolk outfits are essentially the same outfit they wear, in what I consider, their “true” form.

As seen in my posts and because my merfolk autonomously change into swimwear, a lot of merfolk spend much more time in their merfolk attire instead of human attire. I’ve given up fighting with my sims unless the situation makes more sense for them to be disguised.

I use the hashtag merman, mermaid, and etc.
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Ben and Haley's twins are toddlers and they're so cute! Both kids have Haley's black hair and they get their eyes from both sides, as grandpa Cole(Ryan) and grandpa Jarvis(Juan) both have brown eyes.
    52146260824_56eced4133_h.jpg
    52146512185_fd56ec661a_h.jpg

As you can see, Hadley takes after Daddy.
    I was with another family member before I switched to her and caught her red-handed making a mess. Payback for the messes Ben made growing up! LOL!!
    52146048953_ac29c1c0b2_h.jpg

The twins were born the day after their aunt Ryanne celebrated her birthday(teen-to-young adult). She now lives in Del Sol Valley, working as an actress, dabbling in music.
    52146513290_117034bb1c_h.jpg
    52146260409_6e0698ec3f_h.jpg
    52146023236_62b6e473fb_h.jpg
    52146511590_f5df7aa55e_h.jpg
    52146511410_2b703d933c_h.jpg

Ryanne also has a love-interest in this handsome young man. He's actually the youngest son of the (former) doctor who delivered her and her brother many moons ago. They went on one date so far, and are actually smitten with each other. We'll see where their relationship will end. Probably at the alter in a year or two. ;)
    52146022706_f3e0a434bb_h.jpg
    52146047058_37e63482c8_h.jpg
    52145001757_6f4dd62c9a_h.jpg
    52146022121_d0899a6951_h.jpg
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    Just a quick blurb to say, I'm here, I'm alive and well, and hoping for an Update soon. Stay tuned. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,860 Member
    Metior_Ice wrote: »

Looking back, I realized that my Zalrian side of the family has 3 sets of twins while the Kailani side of the family has 2 sets of twins. In total, I have 5 sets of twins from my two main families.

Right now, I have:

My game has so many twins now. :D Half the time, I’m not even trying to get twins. :D

Lir actually had a twin that I ended up deleting. :D Kinda feel bad about that, and I hope no one is surprised if I bring back Lir’s twin.

Edit: I do feel like Dylan and Cecelia as well as Zeph and Sefina are excellent matches. I look forward to the part where Dylan teaches the younger twins about their heritage and merfolk culture.

Five sets of twins in one save? I haven't had five sets of twins period. Three at the most.😯 I'm also wondering if Sefina and Cecelia will ever become mermaids or if they will remain on land and human? Will they take the plunge and join the lovers or not? Um, pun not intended.😄
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member

Right now, I have:

Five sets of twins in one save? I haven't had five sets of twins period. Three at the most.😯 I'm also wondering if Sefina and Cecelia will ever become mermaids or if they will remain on land and human? Will they take the plunge and join the lovers or not? Um, pun not intended.😄

I've had that many in a save before. Now my legacy has one set of twins. Mostly cuz one of the two kids doesn't have children.... yet. ;) Her niece and nephew were also the result of fertility treatment via Wonderful Whims. They're the first twins in their family, on both sides.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    I created a set of triplets in the save prior to this one and had all three of the older Cantrell boys marry them. What I ended up with is that Erik was the father of identical twin girls; Aaron, his older brother had triplets and Joey, Erik's next younger brother also had twins. It was crazy-insane. I wasn't even playing rotational at that time, either. I changed out the brides in this current save. Erik is the only one married to one of the triplets in the Golden family. Astrid is from the Tischler family (again) and Sandi is from the Beeches family (once again). We'll see what comes of that. LOL

(And no, this isn't the update I promised.)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    I created a set of triplets in the save prior to this one and had all three of the older Cantrell boys marry them. What I ended up with is that Erik was the father of identical twin girls; Aaron, his older brother had triplets and Joey, Erik's next younger brother also had twins. It was crazy-insane. I wasn't even playing rotational at that time, either. I changed out the brides in this current save. Erik is the only one married to one of the triplets in the Golden family. Astrid is from the Tischler family (again) and Sandi is from the Beeches family (once again). We'll see what comes of that. LOL

(And no, this isn't the update I promised.)

That reminds me, I created identical triplets for Makoa Kealoha. Makoa in my save is a merman with three triplet sons, a child version of Duane, Nani, and a half-mermaid daughter. Makoa is married to the human Lilliana.

The triplets were created from Makoa and Lilliana’s born in game son Kai.

The names of the trips are: Kai, Lano, and Tero.

Right now, I have:

They very well might, but Cecelia was originally a mermaid. She’s human thanks to a curse Sarah Darkfin placed on her.

If you count Lir, who was originally a twin, there would be 6.

I’ve stopped trying for twins, and I still get them. I’m hoping that Zeph has a daughter. My merfolk have nothing but merboys.
  • Options
    Too Much Rain, an Erik Cantrell REDUX

Jamison Alexander Cantrell was trouble on two feet. Erik should have realized it. He was a good baby. His mother used to delight in telling him and his siblings just what mischief they were all into when growing up. Why should his child be any different? What Erik didn’t expect, however, was that once Jamison became mobile he required far more vigilance — from all of the older Sims around him.

His mother tried to tell him, Subtly, of course. “You wait until he’s mobile, then you’re going to need to put on your running shoes!” How right you always are, Mother-mine.
    At first, the sweet boy fooled them all. He ate all of his food without a fuss.
    B1mowpw.jpg

Potty training him had been a breeze.
    qLrcy4M.jpg
    m8d7thP.jpg

Bath time was fun.
    lUcVozl.jpg
    468o6gv.jpg

He tried to help out with the chickens.
    LSV96oC.jpg
    Even scolding them when they tried to peck at him.
    rk4zQb1.jpg

He even helped with the gardening.
    UCuMqWr.jpg
    onh7x7N.jpg

Yes, Jamison was a very good little boy. Then one day it happened. Erik got back from releasing his eighteenth album, The Eye of the Hurricane and it struck him how ironic it was. They had been living within the Eye, which generally was quiet and less turbulent. He knew, instinctively, something was wrong when Kayleigh came rushing up to him.
    “Erik, I’ve looked everywhere! I can’t find him?”
    “Him? You mean Jamison? Well, where can he go?”
    KkNVA4C.jpg
    Erik, at once, scoured the entire house. Entering the Toddler’s bedroom, he heard a little noise, an exhale, he thought, coming from the left. There curled up in his little tent, he found his ‘missing’ son.
    “Found him,” he called out to the others.
    kJpgPSw.jpg
    “Sh, it’s okay, go back to sleep, Buddy.”

Another time, shortly after the triplets came home, Jamison also disappeared. This time Astrid was the one who found him. Seemed the tyke wanted some alone time while he ate his dinner. How he managed to carry it with him as he made his way upstairs was a mystery none of them could solve.
    “There you are! What are you doing in Auntie’s room?”
    2NcHEst.jpg

“Weee!”
    wtrUDyk.jpg
    “Besides, making a mess? Jamison, you really have to stop scaring us like this. Found him!” she hollered down to the others.
    cAvXkz2.png

Not that much longer, he really gave the biggest scare of all. Once again, Erik learned he was missing. Having just got back from another photoshoot, he didn’t even bother to remove his coat and hat. This time, he ran upstairs, checked every possible place a small boy might try to hide. Erik was certain his son’s behavior had become a game, of sorts. You’re jealous and looking for all the attention you used to have before your sisters came home.

When the boy couldn’t be found upstairs, he and Kayleigh scoured the main floor. On a hunch, they both ran outdoors. They searched the Toddler Gym, the chicken yard. They even checked the empty stable. No Jamison. With a growing knot in his stomach, and well on his way to becoming nauseous, Erik took the outside stairs down to the basement. Please, God, not the pool!
    Erik glanced at the clear blue waters of his swimming pool. Straining his eyes, with the bubbles that were generated to roil the water about, trying to see if something was on the bottom of the pool. He liked to dive and found it difficult to ascertain the water when up high, especially without his glasses on. He now regretted this decision, as he thought he saw something small on the bottom of the deepest part of the pool. He gulped, fear overtaking every part of him. “Jamison!” He started to peal out of his coat with the intention of diving into the water to retrieve the Toddler.
    “Daddy!” a little voice shouted back. Erik wheeled around. There he stood, dry and well.
    VDfKnZu.jpg

“Jamison, what are you doing down here?” Erik scooped the child up into his arms, battling the tears that filled his eyes. Thank you, oh Lord. Thank you!

“Daddy, crying?”
    8ZqFKTc.jpg
    “Daddy thought he had lost you. For good. Jamison, JAC, you’ve got to stop running off and hiding all over the place. And for certain, I have to have a gate with a lock imbedded to block the staircase to this basement. No more. You stop hiding out. Okay? Play in your tent, that’s a good, safe hideout.”

Erik clutched the child to himself, as they dodged the raindrops to get back into the house. Setting him down again, he knew the boy needed the scolding of his life, but he was just so overjoyed he was found alive, when he had thought the worst had happened.

“Play, Daddy?”
    Erik drew in a deep breath and let it out in exasperation. “I know I should put you straight to bed, young man, but I’m also so grateful you weren’t in the pool.” Thank you, Lord. “Okay. I’ll play. But right after, it’s bedtime. Okay?”
    “O—kay.”
    “Please don’t ever scare Daddy like that again.”
    4hJWVje.jpg

ucSR7MI.jpg
    LhwIMY6.jpg
    3DBL45o.jpg

“Seems to me a little boy needs a bit of a shakedown.”
    rZhygfZ.jpg
    “Ah, Daddy just loves you so much!”
    B6i3GnE.jpg

“Okay, bedtime!”
    nRzISFs.jpg

More to come. Yeah, I’m behind again. Thanks for reading!
  • Options
    Best Laid Plans, an Erik Cantrell REDUX

The triplets were steadily growing and soon they would become Toddlers. This scared Erik nearly witless. For the most part Jamison seemed to have simmered down when it came to his antics. Both couples did their best to give him copious amounts of attention, which seemed to help.

Joey sat his last test and was immediately promoted to Junior Intern. Shortly thereafter, Astrid was promoted from President of the company to CEO. Then Joey was promoted to Chief Resident and brought home a modest paycheck. Things were looking very good for the younger couple. And while Erik was grateful for all of their help and the company they gave, he was beginning to look to the time they would move out on their own. He said nothing to them, of course.

Astrid achieved yet another milestone in her blossoming career. She came home to announce her promotion to Business Tycoon. Erik was impressed. He fought the urge to blurt out he was up for his thirteenth Best Song in a row. Kayleigh could see it in his eyes, however. She flashed him a grin.

“I have a tremendous favor to ask,” Erik said one evening. “Sunday is the Accolades Show, as you know, but I would also like to take my wife out to dinner. She’s been a virtual prisoner since the trips were born. Would you two mind, awfully, if we leave the kids with you? I can always call Aaron and Sandi to assist, if you need.”

Joey stood up, clearing his throat. ”Not necessary. Astrid and I would be more than happy to babysit — and why do they call it babysit? I have no intention of sitting on any one of them.” He looked thoughtful for a moment. “I know you don’t ask for nor want any kind of repayment, but we would like to thank you for your relentless hospitality all the same. Just leave plenty of breast milk and things will be fine.”

After Church services and spending time with their family, including Joseph and Louise, at coffee hour, Erik and company went home. Summer was finally here, the weather a resounding pulse of hot. Feeling the pre-Show tension, Erik changed into his bathing suit and went down to the basement. He thought a brief swim would not only ease his anxiety, but also help cool him down.
    QLP0j9Q.jpg

When he came back upstairs to the main floor, he grabbed a cool shower to remove the chlorine, washing it out of his hair, lest his blond locks turn green. Kayleigh had already laid out his new tux upon their bed. She was also getting herself ready to go. Taking a moment to feed one of the girls.
    The couple beamed over to the PBP Studios and posed for a picture before heading inside.
    UzXfrdY.jpg

“Oh, my goodness, I’ve never really been in the spotlight like that before,” Kayleigh said, with a huge smile. “It was kinda fun.”
    “I know, right?” Erik began to chuckle.
    c7TTxlo.jpg

“Uh-oh, here comes round two,” He quipped.
    crh57zl.jpg

“I know it’s Sunday because I went to services this morning. Where is everyone?”
    “I’m sure they’ll be along. Any minute, now.”
    Ly3QnuH.jpg
    “Maybe.”

At last the show got underway. Erik let go of his breath, realizing he was holding it. “Are you okay?” Kayleigh whispered.
    “Yeah.”
    “And now for the Best Song category,” the host was suddenly shuffling the cue cards. “Okay, okay, yeah, here it is. For bringing such aural beauty to ears all around the world, this week’s winner for Best Song is — Erik Cantrell, for his, If I Could Love You. This marks his thirteenth win, for those who like to keep count.”

Erik quickly found his feet. He glanced over the audience, which had finally arrived, and yet his mother wasn’t here. For the past three weeks she had come to this event. He found himself curiously missing her presence.

“My life is now like a Three-Ring Circus,” he began. “For those of you who may be unaware, my wife gave me triplets recently. Identical triplets. Like mother like daughters. It’s crazy town at my house.”
    kwdjfsT.jpg
    “So, if I look like a deer in the headlights, now you know why.”
    DiN0WfV.jpg
    This drew a warm chuckle from the audience. Erik smiled and began to relax.

“Oh, you found that amusing. My life in a nutshell.”
    0PAMr0g.jpg
    Again the audience chuckled.

“But seriously, I want to take this time, what’s left of it, to thank my wife, my four children who are still too young to know what it is their daddy does. My record label, Taygeta Studios, Orion Entertainment, Limited, and the Academy for deeming my work worthy of nomination.”
    P7yxsCk.jpg

“This is one of the biggest honors of my life.”
    XyeriZG.jpg
    x766qTY.jpg

“Last, but not least, I want to again thank my Fans for sticking with me through what can only be considered my trials and errors. Thank you! And goodnight!”
    wgPzoIN.jpg

With all of the shuffling that went on out of the camera’s sight, Erik took the seat on the opposite end of the row, happy to note that Kayleigh had moved over so that the two of them could still sit together.
    NUAE81m.jpg

After the Show, it was off to dinner. They beamed over to NewCrest to the Star Club. Again, it was raining. Both were about fed up with all of the rain they were constantly being deluged with. Erik’s parsley bush died from too much water, to his chagrin. Every time he thought about planting another one, it rained.
    mCjDoFQ.jpg

Shown to a table right away, they took their seats. Kayleigh was dealing with how odd it felt to be anywhere without her children. Erik picking up on her mood, just said, “Relax, Honey, they’re in good hands. I’m mean, Joey is a Chief Resident, that means he knows his stuff.”
    “You’re right, I’m so sorry. This is as much for us as it is for me. Thank you so much. I’m glad to be here. Where it’s quiet and no babies are crying.”
    zQVmn1V.jpg

It wasn’t long before their moment of privacy was invaded. Easily seen, the Paparazzi, perhaps starving for opportunities like this, rushed over to the celebrity couple in the corner.
    dfvVPIu.jpg
    “Do you mind, if I give them just a little attention?”
    “Go ahead.” I’ll command your full attention tonight. She quietly grinned.

All for now! Thanks for reading! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top