Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    edited April 2021
    I made this happen. It took over an hour because sims kept walking off or I didn't get enough Teleporter statues
    XhFblx6.png

There are 12 sims in the photo, but you can only see 10 of them. ;)

ETA: Here are links to the poses I used
    Grandparents and the oldest two granddaughters:
    Family Portrait Poses Set
    For the two sets of parents in the back:
    Atashi77-Engagement_Photoshoot
    For Ryder and Karsyn's twins:
    [zairah.sim] Twins #1
    Post edited by HillyBeth on
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    DeafSimmer wrote: »
    @HillyBeth Your family looks beautiful. Where can I find those poses?

I added the links to my post :)
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
  • Options
    Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    HillyBeth wrote: »
    I made this happen. It took over an hour because sims kept walking off or I didn't get enough Teleporter statues
    XhFblx6.png

There are 12 sims in the photo, but you can only see 10 of them. ;)

ETA: Here are links to the poses I used
    Grandparents and the oldest two granddaughters:
    Family Portrait Poses Set
    For the two sets of parents in the back:
    Atashi77-Engagement_Photoshoot
    For Ryder and Karsyn's twins:
    [zairah.sim] Twins #1

What I absolutely love about this is the defining hair color and the fact that it's so obvious which parent they take after(the father). The twins in the front are adorable.
  • Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    @HillyBeth getting that family portrait done is an achievement! the most sims I ever pose is 3 and that's like herding cats!

@Lyrie and @sarabeth2984 thanks for your comments on teen Quin and Rohan. I really enjoyed seeing them meet each other again for the first time (LOL)
    Real life is just so busy sometimes - I can play or post on the forum and I mostly choose play :)
    My mother bought me a dorstop which is a real life version of Beowoof - I love it. (so did she - I didn't think she would put him down when she had to go home.) I have been sad as I just haven't the energy for a real pets so this will suit me perfectly - and of course his name is Beowoof (but he is much better behaved)
    nAhPcBn.jpg
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    edited April 2021
    Hello everyone,

I hope you are all doing fine? I had and will have some rough weeks and have the bad luck that my landlord has decided it a good idea to build a new floor above my apartment during the pandemic. Well at least, I can switch back to my office again, but I have to waste two hours of my lifetime and risk my life daily in the public transportation system while waiting for the vaccination, which I probably get in august or so. Sigh, I could cry.

Anyways, I made it to the year 1951, it was tough. For 1952 I had the idea to introduce my new background family as friends for the main family, a former GI (PoC), owner of an american diner, with his german wife and daughter. Since both families are outsiders in Germany during that time, I thought it would be a good idea to bring them together. But nowadays it's too easy to be blamed as rascist, no matter what you do and it's too easy that a simple mistake could take the wrong impression. I'm not sure if I should really write about them and just play them offscreen.

West Germany gain more Independence from the Allied Control Council, with the results that more amnesty were spoken out for former regime members, which the gdr condemned, while they made show trials on juveniles on return.

Shopping time for Annemarie. A brand new store has open.

xY1CoXP.png

bunTCNx.png

HP1Ku5K.png

After she has found a new dress she went to the hairdressing salon, next door. There she read the latest news about Soraya, the persian empress. Soraya had a german mother and her father was the persian ambassador to germany and she married in 1951 the persian emperor. The yellow press loves stories about royals, and since she had german blood she was all over in the news.

nyxLlNQ.png

Then she became hungry and went in to the next coffee house to eat something and where she meet her friend.
    GjtOhyz.png

xRkg73s.png

G7FEbbP.png

On another day Hans visited the bowling alley. Well his bowling skills aren't impressive, but he will learn it, since there is no couple dance.
    BVMoLGs.png
    Sad news, it's time to say goodbye to John Clarkson, the hero for Mathilde (Aunt of Hans).
    HLdbKj2.png

Poor thing :(

oxEUzsi.png
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I have played two sim weeks since my last post but I'm going to actually focus on today's events, in keeping with the thread title for once.

This is the story of Victor Feng.
    A recap of his life so far. Victor was an up and coming politician in San Myshuno with a beautiful wife and a fancy apartment. But then one day his wife disappeared, and a beautiful woman named Ulrike Faust came to visit and seduced him while she was gone. When Lily came back, it was only to take a bunch of money and run off to find the secret to weather controlling magical powers. When Ulrike came back to tell Victor she was pregnant, it was not hard to convince him to divorce Lily and commit to his new lover. But then the truth came out - Ulrike was a vampire and the Lord of the Vampires, Vladislaus Straus, had sent her to seduce Victor to entrap him back at the manor for food. Fortunately for Victor, Ulrike had actually fallen for him, and shortly after their daughter was born she finally had the power to challenge Vlad, turning him human and replacing him for Victor in their pen. Vlad was eaten by the cowplant, and Ulrike was officially the Lady of Straud Manor. Victor moved officially in with her and the other vampires, as well as their young daughter Viktoria Faust.
    Victor quit his job in politics to avoid certain questions about his family. After that he began to feel restless. Being the lover of a vampire queen and ex husband of a siren, while only being an ex-politician himself, made him feel a bit inadequate. So Victor decided that he needed an adventure.

Welcome to the Jungle below this spoiler.
    Victor's hot weather attire had the usual curse of those premades from packs that were released before seasons, namely knee high socks and sandals. So I remade that outfit into more appropriate exploring attire.
    GLWB6jw.png

Victor got big into archaeology very fast, attacking every pile of dirt or shiny rock he saw.
    gV1drxp.png

And then he moved on deeper into the jungle.
    7ohCtLC.png

The dirt pile by the romantic waterfall made him miss Ulrike. Not that she would have been up at that time of day.
    EenO6VB.png

There were unfortunate encounters with bees and spiders.
    pYB9dVh.png
    o3XNlDy.png

And napping in the bushes made him smelly.
    gvAe64L.png

But eventually he made it to a gate that looked promising.
    yzHWpj0.png

And it was a temple! But before he could explore he had to commit the indignity of peeing under a bush.
    QI8U0tm.png

And then he excavated the dirt piles outside.
    lHEE8pA.png

When he finally got in there were trees growing even inside.
    uqiVWHt.png

But in time he made it to the first test.
    TbDGNYw.png

After changing into his bathing suit to sit by a pool to eat his dinner (as sims tend to do), he was rescued from his low social bar by the sudden appearance of a friendly skeleton. Her name was Scapula something.
    k5XzbPv.png

For a man who lives with vampires, this isn't that odd.
    ccmicZw.png

And then it was back to work.
    VuKHGfF.png

This hallway was cool.
    jhryYU8.png

Unfortunately his vacation time was up before he could get to the center of the temple. Still, he came back with several potential artifacts. Upon his return home he immediately bought an archaeology table and set it up under the spooky photographs.
    cVhhaWH.png

He uncovered and authenticated all day while Viktoria was at school.
    48BVyBL.png
    5OivgYn.png

The reason Victor's exploring holiday was so short is that he and Ulrike had also planned a family vacation - to Sulani! The view from the deck of their rental...
    Qo3X3WP.png
    They got there at night so Ulrike could join the fun for a while.

Beach fun under this spoiler.
    This seems like a totally appropriate sand sculpture for this family.
    kagCMoB.png

Unfortunately they arrived after the food stands closed, so the non-plasma drinkers among them had to settle for Victor's cooking.
    gAyu3vk.png
    He'd gotten a blessing in the jungle that made him love everything he ate, so he didn't mind.

Viktoria wisely made herself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
    2rY7oJf.png

The next day Victor took Viktoria to the nearby art center that had a playground and a beach. Several of my other child sims were having a club meeting there.
    PzZgVGA.png

Viktoria joined them.
    pxtX5MS.png

And then Victor joined in to play monster.
    q619pvm.png

After that they had fun in the sand and the water.
    dzZIt48.png
    4eYyuIl.png
    qThkSZH.png

Viktoria met some local wildlife.
    vZ3oo3X.png

Having been bitten by the treasure hunter bug, Victor did a lot of beachcombing.
    wGjadIh.png
    OqaDAGI.png

They did some father/daughter snorkeling at sunset.
    7n6Cdbb.png
    74cua7T.png

Ulrike mostly stayed inside at the computer. She can only sleep in a coffin, so she did some meditating in the evening to keep her energy up.
    wrsqREn.png

And then she was ready for more sand sculpting fun.
    MgiVwSz.png

And dancing to some island music.
    hPpYH7D.png

And her turn on the Aquazip.
    EkPbfZd.png

She was able to dine on the other tourists.
    o19hZQw.png

And she and Victor had some fun, though it looked like he was alone in the mirror.
    27a81ng.png

The next day Victor got a little serious about the future and started Viktoria on fishing, which she could use to make plasma packs when she's older.
    AIH6ve8.png

She caught on fairly quickly.
    iQMxHF3.png

And they worked on her homework for Monday morning.
    0LYUyyY.png

After that it was time for fun on the swings.
    LpEhlOw.png
    bhUDvHj.png

Some more snorkeling.
    FJ1TdcA.png

And a beautiful spot to float.
    XgMSSl1.png

Viktoria took a few naps while they were there, in order to be awake part of the day with Dad and part of the night with Mom.
    3BD8kHh.png
    fxy1c7D.png
    PLPnP4U.png

Eventually it was time to return home.

On the last day of the rotation I got Victor a display case and had him finish up authenticating his artifacts.
    NgAwG9k.png

This is how it looked at the end of the week, with treasures from both Selvadorada and Sulani.
    DlHUDnT.png

For everything else that went on in the household this week, see this spoiler.
    Akira had a visit from his son Bruce.
    JAM0pxl.png

And after a swim (his primary autonomous activity) he worked on his DJ skill.
    XPdGA36.png

Raj worked on his mixology skill, so he can master all of the vampire related cocktails.
    aFr2Rcc.png

Maaike is trying to master the violin, as well as gardening (not pictured).
    FNMq23k.png

And when not vacationing, Ulrike is focused on her charisma. Hopefully she won't make speeches in public in her underwear.
    RMXzKS2.png

Viktoria finished the Artistic Prodigy aspiration and started learning the pipe organ skill.
    Xpe3shT.png

And has started journaling to work on her character values.
    pcY2szs.png

And Ulrike painted a masterpiece, which now hangs above Victor's fossil collection on the mantle upstairs.
    JVRUMLk.png

I wasn't sure what to do with my vampires this week, as they are between storylines at the moment, and I wasn't sure what to do with Victor at all, but this seems to have satisfied both needs and made for a fun day for me and week for them.

I know I have mentions to answer and there are many posts to comment on, but I was playing for over 4 hours today and really can't put in the time tonight... hopefully in a day or two. In the meantime, keep posting and happy simming to all!
  • Options
    LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    edited April 2021
    Hello everyone here is the second part of the Adler update, next time it will be Rainbow's turn :blush:

Here is the first part: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17864020#Comment_17864020

@HillyBeth gorgeous picture absolutely stunning family! <3

@Becka28 No problem~ love those two~ and I get it, I am in the same boat and I pick playing and post when I can, I saw sim away simmer :) Awww~ my gosh so adorable your own Beowoof <3 so much better behaved less attention seeking but still give him lots of snuggles ~

@Daravi Oh wow, that does not seem the smartest from your landlord, sorry you had such a rough time and had to risk your life, that is scary, stopped taking public transportation for that reason, so I get your fears, hang in there, for that vaccine!

About your unsureness, I can tell you, I for one understand you are playing history so nothing you say or portray is actually speaking about you, it is a game and challenge and I'd like to say people will understand that, but I always get your fears, so just follow what you are most comfortable with, those topics are very hard, I agree especially over a computer, but whatever you decide to share, I do love your updates~ Still working on my own Decades save to play eventually~

I just love their new style of clothing~ and aww sorry for Han's aunt to pass away! On the note of bowling heh, I always laugh when they stumble or fall lol

@Daephene I remember I was ensnared by this story because I am not a fan of Voktor or Lily (In my game they always have kids and are horrible parents so their kids get adopted out if MCC does a no on them) Anyways your Feng's I like!~ And don't worry on posting comments, that is understandable~ :)

HAH! I chocked on my coffee but lol you described a pandemic of its on in horrible hot weather/cold weather outfits, don't forget (or at least in my game) the cursed assessors that get tagged on to cold and hot for those premades and townies including that horrible eyeball ring! Anyways, hehe, the faces he made because of his misfortunes lol poor Vik. Heh love the skelton and Vik it like, "Eeeeh, I've seen it all, no bother." Yay beach night vacay! LOL very apportirte sand castle right there :lol: Aww, I love when the adults play monster and the kids reactions heh~ Sulani is forever gorgeous look at that sunset on the water :love: and I am glad Ulrike is able to have fun and have some dining heh. Viktoria is so cute napping and love Viktor's display case it looks so exotic! Nice to see what everyone else was doing and skills they're working on lol I;d go watch Uli in her underwear :joy: Wow lovely art work though~ I agree that was an excellent and fun read! :)

Alright and onto the story!~

On a Sunday evening Yu had asked Dec to meet up with him to hang out, he wanted to know how the Dec was dong in general but the burning question at the back of his mind since Friday did also play a part in this.

Now would he ask? That would be seen!
    51013962622_74680d8bdf_h.jpg

Some Chitting and Chatting Between Men.
    The two order a few drinks, Yu was not ignorant of Dec's drinking issue but he vowed to watch the younger man to make sure he did not over do it.

Maybe if he got guidance on the right way, he'd go back to that? Was this a quite ignorant hopeful thought?
    51013149683_c8227e191b_h.jpg

Declan started off by asking how everyone was?

How was Brandie? The kids? Hazel? How was life?

Yu couldn't complain and only had good things to say about everyone.

He happily told him about the re-tracing he and Hazel did of the Adler family, wondering if he see some type of reaction from it?

But why would he? Nadia and Reed took Dec in like their own.... just like himself.
    51013962482_3000418694_h.jpg

There was no visual reaction to the last part about Hazel.

They moved form the bar to a bench towards the music.

Yu told him of the promotion he heard Vanessa got. He asked how dog walking was treating him in the cold?

Dec told him how he had lost that job, too much inconstancy said the boss or whatever.

Yu said he was sorry and asked if he could help in the job finding? He knew Dec never finished high school, so it was a bit hard for him.

Dec brushed him off saying he was a streamer now of games and if Yu gave him, his prototype games, he could stream them to test them out.

Yu was unsure but said he talk it over with his boss. How much did a streamer make especially a starter one? He was pretty concerned and offered again some type of job for him to work his way up to being an professional gamer and streamer.
    51013871806_81d510c464_h.jpg

Declan got a little on edge and moved back up to the bar, ordering two more drinks, he downed them both in seconds.

Yu came with him of course a bit concerned but Dec assured him he was fine!

"Order one yourself there Yu, come on can't be that much of a light weight!" He down the second and ordered more a fancy looking one with his salmon.
    51013962192_ce97557c9e_h.jpg

Yu decided to let the career thing go for now, they started to talk about other things.

Mostly there friend group, he told him Pinky had meet Perry and they were boyfriend and girlfriend, now and moving in together with Gavin-Derick.

So was very recently, Vanessa and Beckett had also became boyfriend and girlfriend.

"Amelia and Nikolas got engaged, so did Terrence and Nayeli."
    51013871416_0ce6aa5f99_h.jpg

It seemed Dec got very irritated hearing all this happy news.

Back into his own self-loathing and pity that had only increased since Max Stone came along.

He grew very bitter and it showed.

No one told him these things!

But Vanessa had told him all of this and his friends would have, if he would stop neglecting them and accept their invites over and focus on their lives and not just himself.
    51013962042_670bd5477d_h.jpg

Dec scoffed like a child and went to order more drinks.

Yu however intervened and politely asked the bartender to cap the drinks for Dec, he looked a little too out of it.
    51013871086_e0c31cc013_h.jpg

This did not go over well at all.

"Wassa the plum manz you not my dadz you is Yu!"

"I know, but if you could listen to yourself, enough is enough, you need to sleep this off, alright, come on, Declan, I'll get you home."
    51013871106_3e7a5c12e4_h.jpg

That suggestion went over worse!

Just look at his face!
    51013961642_3d2505f1c9_h.jpg

His anger was temp put on hold, because he started to feel not good at all.
    51013961422_51e14ee135_h.jpg

He rushed to get up, Yu jumping up to help steady him and!

Well there went the salmon and various other things, yuck!

Yu called to the bartender to please bring over some water, he helped Dec to the bench so he could lean back.
    51013148493_80313a56ed_h.jpg
    51013961347_3b78fb612f_h.jpg

Hurt Brings Memories
    But on that bench, Declan flipped out on him!!!

Yelling at him about how HE did NOT need anyone to tell him when to stop drinking!!!!

Yu flinched not expecting the sheer rage suddenly from nowhere.

But little did he knew it was from a lot of places.

Dec kept screaming about how Yu overstepped showing his daughter! HIS girl pictures of those cursed 🐸🐸🐸🐸!
    51013870556_9978f1f255_h.jpg

Yu choked on nothing but shock, how could he? How dare he?

Memories flashed back of all the love he was giving by supposed plumholes!
    51013956416_ecc40ceaf9_h.jpg

Taking on a responsibility and not just out of obligation but love.
    51013234723_12f3921a85_h.jpg

Nadia never once turned him down even when pregnant, they were so generous and caring.
    51013232858_e28c82cba2_h.jpg

Yu was not even angry, it just all went to sadness, disappointment and confusion.

"Declan, you can't mean that and i felt it was right, she was hurting and yearning to learn more, she remembered some things but---"

"Oh Please just shut the plum up!"

Declan glowered,

"She did not remember anything! You did it to get over my head to make me look bad! You and the Adler's are a cursed bunch! My daughter does not need you or any of that crap!"
    51013148108_9394c0767f_h.jpg

Another stab to the heart.

All that he was saying untrue, sure the family tree line had its misfortune here and there but all this?

Memories yet again took him away from the raging.
    51013232728_2f0cddfb4f_h.jpg

Sweet precious irreplaceable memories.
    51014045482_dca9bf4940_h.jpg

Reed and Nadia's kindness and strength, lead him to a path to loving and marrying a single mom left alone... he loved Illana and Jesse and never even looked at them as step kids, those were his babies and so was Hazel.

What right did Declan have? To at least say he was not needed? Without Yu, Brandie, Vanessa, several others to help out here and there!

Anger started to course through the sadness.
    51013232788_eaa758f1e5_h.jpg

Things Become Heated!
    The two sat in their own heads feeling unwell towards each other, seething really.

"Come on Declan that is enough, you made enough of a scene, I am taking you home."
    51013870366_96f75ab478_h.jpg

He got Declan up, but the man swung away swaying and went right back into yelling at him, screaming how the Adler's were good-for-nothing and his daughter would have nothing to do with it. N.O.T.H.I.N.G!!!!!!!
    51013961017_e9523448d0_h.jpg

The poor waiter came into the middle of this, he gave a nervous smile and went to put the dishes in the cleaning station, he had a bad feeling about this!
    51013870326_731478593f_h.jpg

Finally Yu snapped, he could not take it anymore, he knew it was not the right way and already felt bad but it was just too much.

"How dare you! I understand hardships Declan I do, but do you think Aubree would be happy to hear you dragging her family name in the mud? Depriving her daughter? Speaking so terrible ill of me? Of her parents? When they are the reason that you got to where you are and Vanessa, myself Brandie, the reason she is alright? Not in foster care because you can't get it together?!!!"

He gritted his teeth, it was some harsh very harsh words but none were false.

"And she won't forget, don't you listen? I did not push this on her! She came to me! She has not forgotten her grandparents care and love without them, who knows were Hazel would have been even Aubree could admit that, can you?!"
    51013869826_e44166863a_h.jpg

"She still remembers the love she had in that home, even if it slightly faded."
    51013956381_7734f80cd5_h.jpg

"She remembers the warmth of comfort from grammy and grampa!"
    51014047107_11e77eb86e_h.jpg

"All the goofy faces and giggles Reed gave her."
    51013955221_2873c69904_h.jpg

"The stories she got read to by Nadia which you and her still continue to read to this very day, I've heard. So, if you can do that, you can do more, but stop blaming others!"
    51013955611_200df40ca2_h.jpg

"Her family is ingrained in her heart and mind, I was just helping it glow brighter, she was hurting Dec, what you were doing was hurting her! She felt the loss, the whole of her family story untold and partly forgotten."
    51013233468_33b2cd657d_h.jpg

Things Get Out Of Control
    Declan felt insignificant now at himself because he could not tell if Yu was right or not because he lacked the attention needed to be paid to his daughter to see that knowledge.

He could not take it, so he lashed out but this time he turned his emotional pain that was so grand, it almost seemed physical and dealt it back on Yu.
    51013869451_5d1718ddd6_h.jpg

"DON'T COME NEAR ME OR MY DAUGHTER!"

Was all he had to threaten him with, he was her dad after all, but deep within he knew that only went so far....

More rage took over him with these thoughts.
    51013869371_2b510ddcfd_h.jpg

Yu let out a sharp cry of pain and stumbled back, he had always avoided fights as a teen, a kid, so he never experience or was prepared to take such a rage fueled blow.
    51013960032_207c83c783_h.jpg

Declan felt some type of satisfaction, twisted satisfaction, he knew but never-the-less.

In the restaurant/bar, people screamed and and someone seemed to be calling the police.
    51013869221_29232e787c_h.jpg

The brave waiter got in the middle of the explosion of violence trying his best to break it up, but he got shoved aside!
    51013146653_6f86a9fcd9_h.jpg

The waiter got behind Dec and pulled him away but the impact was already done.
    51013146463_1f1baebba8_h.jpg

"Come on guy this is more then drunk come on, you want the cops?"

But Declan was not rational at all.

"No please just get him in in the llama uber... please."

"Okay..." to Declan the waiter struggled but drug him away, "you are one lucky dude, guy."

The waiter acknowledged Yu's plea, the person about to call the officials paused and asked if it was what he really wanted?

Yu nodded saying Dec was family going through a hard time, and so the good simaritan did that for him to at least see to his wishes after all that.
    51013959617_ade27ec10f_h.jpg

The waiter helped Yu up and into another llama uber.
    51013868421_ebc4485611_h.jpg

Yu came home and cleaned up, he told Vanessa if she felt like it to go home and look after Declan but honestly she does too much and might want to start thinking about herself more.

Vanessa was shook to hear these words of quiet mild Yu! She could only think something happened, so she asked what?

Yu told her about everything but the physical fight. But told her if Dec ever put his hands on her, get out, get Hazel out and call the police and then come here ,she had a key.

When Brandie got home she was not happy at all to hear what happened, she was livid.

Yu seemed like he was focusing on video games. but was calming down and trying to gather his will to still help the man for Hazel's sake, they needed to try and figure out what to do about Declan. Something had to be done, enough dragging their feet in fear and anxiety!

But Winterfest and the New Years was approaching, but once over, things would have to change!
    51013868221_66b2613184_h.jpg

Vanessa brought Hazel back home and tucked her in, she flinched when Dec was suddenly beside her.

"You scared me and ugh, Dec you stink of juice, come on, you need a shower, come on, Hazel might wake up and see you like this."

But who were they both kidding? Hazel had already noticed things like this and watcher knows for how long.

Dec came quietly along letting Vanessa help him per usual.
    51013868166_5d7b00d831_h.jpg

Vanessa started down looking destroyed and tried, she and Beckett had made a huge step in their relationship, she loved him, so much, but she kept sacrificing and not any of it due to Hazel, none.

Vanessa's Thoughts: I can admit it, I'm soft, even weak when it comes to my family... what is a sim supposed to do?

Even Beck as easy going as he was and good, he even mentioned her just doing too much and like Yu, no one was talking about the little girl that needed it.
    51013145908_7499729186_h.jpg

A startling thought bubble, water, a pool, I am not sure he means swimming!
    51013959032_d4fc77c7f4_h.jpg

That is all for now.
    Post edited by Lyrie on
  • Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member

Excerpts from the Diary of Roxanne Denney Monte**gro

-Carlos and Betsy’s relationship has gotten more serious. It worries me, Betsy’s a nice enough girl and all, but I really don’t want Carlos getting too serious this young. And, yes, it might seem a bit hypocritical coming from me, but there it is. The other day Carlos called her his girlfriend, that’s new. And they’re taking pains to find time alone together a lot more. Carlos yelled a Ricky to get out of the living room the other day, so he and Betsy could be alone. That did not make me happy, not one bit. And they’ve taken to going upstairs to use the PC in me and Felipe’s workroom. It’s a better computer, but they keep the door closed when they’re in there, which I also don’t care for. Sigh. Teenagers are the reason parents get gray hair, just saying.-

itPeTsG.jpg
    Carlos and Betsy’s relationship heats up.

-Stanley’s on the bowling team now, a couple of teenagers aged out, he’s never bowled before, so Carlos has taken him under his wing, so to speak, and has been coaching him at practice. Of course, Tucker’s been taking both Stanley and Kane bowling some too, so I hope the boy won’t be too far behind the rest of the team as far as his bowling skills go. I do worry about him, what with his father in jail and without a mother around and being a foster child. It must be a lot to deal with for a teenager. I do so hope he can avoid turning out like his father. Tucker and Darsh treat him just like he’s their son, as much as possible. All of us are getting pretty attached to him, that’s for sure. He’s such a sweet natured boy.-

ouINUsT.jpg
    Carlos mentors Stanley during bowling practice.

-Miranda came over and she was acting weird, as in, not like her normal self. For one thing she was way too chatty. Chatty is not one of Miranda’s normal behaviors. I didn’t say anything, the thing with Miranda is, you have to take a wait and see approach.
    Then she dropped a bombshell, she told me she was going to ask Dane Rubin to move in. I was so shocked that I was struck speechless, literally. Then she continued, she said that Dane’s mom, Summer (Holiday) was having financial difficulties, due to his father being sick for so long before he passed away. Apparently, the medical bills wiped out any savings they had, so Dane has been having to work part time to pay his own way through college. But, he’s falling behind financially and has started to talk about dropping out of school. Miranda says, if he moves in with her he can save money and continue to work and go to school. She told me that he and his mother are too proud to accept help and his living with her and Carolina will help him out a lot financially. Yeah, but moving in together is a huge step, I told her. What if Dane gets serious? Well, she says, we’ll cross that bridge when we come to it, I guess. Jeez. Then as if that wasn’t enough, she asked me to go over to Mom and Dad’s to break the news to them. She laid it on thick, all that big sister stuff that her and Tucker pull out whenever they want me to do something for them that’s really not any of my business and that anyone in their right mind would not want to do. But, I agreed of course, I’m a pushover when it comes to my family, that’s a well known and often exploited fact.-

a9tnuaz.jpg
    Miranda asks her big sis for a favor.

-That Miranda leads a charmed life. When we went over to tell mom and dad, well, the whole thing about Mrs. Rubin being in financial trouble set mom off. She apparently had no idea and was just beside herself that she and Jade didn’t know. Calls were made and mom and Jade hatched a plan to have Summer Rubin and mom take on some corporate type catering jobs. Jade pulled some strings and all, they are hoping that it will not seem like charity and that Summer can make some serious cash to help her out. All of that kind of pushed Miranda’s living in sin with a younger man out of the forefront. Or, maybe mom and dad are getting more liberal in their old age. Ha!-

PqvVUMN.jpg
    Miranda talks about the Rubin family’s financial troubles.

cpX6UJe.jpg
    Dane moves in.

-Felipe’s mother died. One minute she was in the kitchen washing up the dishes and the next she was gone. He was beside himself with worrying about how our kids would take it. When Uncle Kyle passed away, Ricky was a mess, he had gotten really close to Uncle Kyle from being in that chess club and he was in a state for weeks after the funeral.

AwEPhZa.png
    Jade passes away.

UInYraw.jpg
    Friends and family gather.

nKenwfj.jpg
    Mourning Jade.

-Hector passed away, coming just a few months after Jade, it was a big blow to the whole family. Everyone was shocked, Hector had been doing well, he seemed to be dealing with losing Jade and all. I swear if another person tells me, he died of a broken heart, I’ll scream. People say the dumbest things at funerals if you ask me.
    Felipe, well, he was being all strong and focusing on everyone else, so he never really let himself grieve for his mom or his dad. Every time I tried to talk to him about how he was feeling he just shut me down. So I started to get really concerned. When my Nana passed away and we had to postpone our wedding, I was a mess. So I know how hard it is. But, I started to worry a lot more about Felipe than I did about the kids, to be honest. Then a couple weeks after the funeral, Felipe started to come home later that normal and his eyes would be all red. So, I did a thing, I drove to the graveyard and waited in my car down the street where I could see the cemetery. Felipe showed up after work and cried over his parent’s graves. I thought about going over to him, but I didn’t. I just left. People deal with death differently and maybe Felipe needed to grieve alone, it somehow felt like I would be intruding on something private.-

gEAxpb2.jpg
    Hector passes away.

lBBsiVd.jpg
    Friends and family mourn Hector.

@Daephene About Adonis, it reminds me of a young man I worked with years ago, I was in the Hospitality Industry and at that time the hotel I worked at was part of a program where people studying Hospitality had to go to a foreign country and work in the industry as part of their education. Our hotel would have several of these students at any given time and one young man from Greece named” Adonis” was assigned to my department. Unlike your townie, he was a small statured man, had dark wavy hair and was quite handsome. In fact, one night I was at my local watering hole with friends, a coffee & teahouse, and Adonis showed up, he had brought a book with him. I immediately introduced him to my friends and lets just say he didn’t get much of a chance to read it that evening. At one point he went inside, we were setting on the big front porch, and my friend Annie turned to me and said, “Adonis certainly lives up to his name.” To which I answered, “He sure does!”. lol.

@DeafSimmer While I find Alaric’s personality most unpleasant in the extreme, I love his look, the whole thing from that outfit to his hair, face and beard totally works, IMHO.

@DARKANGEL1994 Oh, my, that Tristan Pence it a keeper indeed!

@DUVELINA Is that Max about to find love?

@Sepia Heavens, that Hargrove family is certainly blessed by The Watcher with great genetics!

@ANGELIQUEADELAIDE Back in the early days when we first had toddlers patched in, my played household had 3 toddlers in the household at one time. I swore that I would NEVER do that again! lol.

@Lyrie Yay! Vanessa and Beck make a cute couple, I am so happy she is finding a bit of life outside the constant drama of Declan and his addiction. I’m hoping you have some sim version of A.A. or N.A. in your game and am praying that Declan finds it and can get himself off the Bubble Blower. Salim Benali, in my game, had a bit of a problem with it too early on too, BTW.

@METIOR_ICE I don’t know if you remember, but back before my hiatus, I had added a couple of your merfolk as normal sims to my game as townies. Anyway, as promised, here is an update.
    Rylan Kailani was married off to a random townie named Emily and they later had a baby boy named Kellan. The last time I was playing my game Kellan aged up to a toddler and he is as cute as can be!

NWrkA3D.jpg
    Xh2hprR.jpg

@HillyBeth I don’t have the patience for using a pose player, it’s all I can do to grab a screenshot when I play, lol. I applaud your persistence! Great photo, BTW!

Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Options
    DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    @sunblond Ah, I hope Max won't ruin this in some way, otherwise yes, he might!
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    @HillyBeth I don’t have the patience for using a pose player, it’s all I can do to grab a screenshot when I play, lol. I applaud your persistence! Great photo, BTW!

Thanks! I had to reset some of them at one point because one of the younger ones walked away to make a mess. *insert eyeroll here* Lol

Onto game-related news, Ryan Covington became a teenager yesterday! She's the redheaded child next to Katherine.
    TMGk3rT.png

ETA: Ryan, her older sister(the blonde in the green shirt next to their grandfather), as well as their mother and uncle were all actually born before we got the toddler update. So, technically, the twins in front are the first toddlers in the family. They'll be getting two baby brothers soon!
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    @DeafSimmer Yes I play the decade challenge, but it's an inofficial version as an adaptation for my country, although I follow the rules as long as they fit in this decade. Most of my cc I have found on Historical TS4 cc website. When I look into my cc folder Linzlu and Happylifesims are my favourite cc creators, they offer gorgeous clothes for females and males.

It so good to see the beginning of your legacy. I think I had started to read the old versionsomewhere in the middle, and I had definitely missed some important story parts.

@Lyrie Thank you for your feedback, it has helped me a lot. I think I will do the same like before with my other background families. They will maybe be seen in the pictures but they won't mention extra. I think it's the best I can do without getting myself targeted and losing interest because of that.

Your story has a lot of drama, oh my. But these bittersweet memory, I have almost cried. They are so sweet.

@sunblond welcome back :smile:
  • Options
    LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    @DeafSimmer Thank you! It was a packed full update lol and yes Hazel was the cutest toddler, I kept her that way for a entire real year xD.

Alaric is a great speaker like wow,Braeden has a strong will, I can't wait to see more update by you on this story!~

@Daravi I'm glad I could help you make a decision :) Thanks for our comment! Yes things got heated, and I had to add in the flashbacks it felt wrong without them, they made me teary eyed seeing my past on sims.

@sunblond Oh, oh, my heart is going out to Stanley~ I hope he stays on the good path with all this love and support around him! HAHA omg Miranda reminds me of my own brother gawd just like that he is, and with a charmed life too lol I am very glad though things will be turning upwards hopefully yay for Summer Holiday.

Oh no! Poor Felipe! but I am very glad despite all the deaths, he is grieving just in his own way, phew, when it said "eyes red" my thoughts jumped to other things prob cuz that is my sims life, excellent update as usual!

And I have ideas to get this man some help and plans but will see what happens :(
  • Options
    hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited April 2021
    So of course I had give Deja Vu a husband who is not only handsome, but a great father. So I created Jasiah. They have some really pretty kids as well:
    Deja Vu
    YKLOKrX.png
    Jasiah (He is a young adult btw I just enjoyed the silver hair look on him)
    vQDd5y9.png

Their kids
    Kelly
    aQTE8fO.png
    Aladdin
    uaRyu3K.png

CKxxKbI.png
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • Options
    ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    @sarabeth2984 - Thanks :)
    @HillyBeth - Now that family portrait took some dedication and had a good end result. I probably would have gotten too frustrated after 15 minutes :D

Continued my Homeless challenge.
    Vlad has been very patient with Harper and her daughter using his mansion like their private free hotel but I think he’s finally getting fed up.
    DFIJzGa.jpg

She avenges her hurt feelings on Vlad’s trashbin (which never has any trash to rummage so serves it right!)
    aOV7QKT.jpg

...uh...
    XrmmsDJ.jpg

Is that a face of regret or excitement Caleb cuz I can't tell.
    RDONw2F.jpg

Well it only went downhill at the aftermath...
    SYOLS2m.jpg

• Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,970 Member
    @HillyBeth those twins have such brightly-coloured eyes! I love the little snowsuits that came with Snowy Escape with the hoods up, toddlers look so cute!!
    I don’t have Pose Player. My old avatar, of the Matsumoto triplets when they were toddlers, was the result of me forcing them all to sit on the sofa together. Then I had to quickly grab the photo before one or all of them wandered off :D
    Ryan Covington looks beautiful as a teenager.

@DeafSimmer ugh, Alaric is just horrible. Funny how how he’s such an awful person causing humans and occults to fight, yet he seems pretty houseproud and didn’t start the duel in the apartment as stuff would have been broken.

@Daravi I enjoy reading your decades challenge updates, particularly since it’s about German history.

Back to Erytheia giving us the lowdown on what's been happening in her family lately.

Masterson Family

Coco is an elderly cat now, but she's still able to run around like nobody's business!

8nC1x21.jpg

Heidi, meanwhile, just likes to sleep in odd ways.

T8aqBSv.jpg

The weather that evening was lovely, so I decided to sit on the edge of the pool to do my homework.

6yRuLZO.jpg

I ended up having a conversation with Dad once I'd finished. It was getting a little chilly, though, so it didn't last long.

J1sj1aQ.jpg

The next day after school, I decided to skip drama club as I wasn't in a great mood. Artemis and I fancied watching TV together, although we were a little distracted by Dirk Dreamer.

LAgoYFl.jpg

As often happens, Alexander turned up. Knowing that he'd been working on his magic skills lately, I decided to challenge him to a friendly duel.

2KZDq1A.jpg

We adopted our fighting stances and let the magic flow to our hands...

Fh03jgF.jpg

Although all my efforts were concentrated on the magic beam blasting out of my hand, I was able to mentally step back and admire how pretty the colourful beams looked. I wondered what it would be like to have a duel at night.

5mRdyNG.jpg

Eventually...
    "Yes! I win!" Alexander exclaimed.
    "Oof... I didn't expect that to happen," I mumbled into the floor.
    "Are you alright?"
    "Yeah, yeah," I replied. "I was more surprised than anything."

lsD48xR.jpg

"I just beat my girlfriend in a spellcaster duel, even though she's at a higher rank than me! #skillz #spellcasters"

r59DOEx.jpg

The next day was Easter, which for us always meant a lot of baking. While we'd been at school, Mum had made a carrot cake, which tasted amazing.

Q9RqQCD.jpg

Other Family Happenings

Apollo was good friends with his sisters, but he did sometimes feel a little lonely being the only boy. So he cultivated a good relationship with his dad.

xWsno1C.jpg

New hairstyle for Artemis! Don't know quite why she's looking so... manic, but she knew she had to take a selfie. #newyearnewme #redhairdontcare

L0LlmDR.jpg

Caroline chillaxing with the Flower Bunny.

qpqF15e.jpg

I love the faces teenagers make when they're having a mood swing. MY LIFE TOTALLY SUCKS UGHHHHH

1UL2ohB.jpg

Artemis was up early one morning and decided to experiment at the cauldron.

XAdSzzS.jpg

• Options
    SepiaSepia Posts: 101 Member
    Summer Vacation with the Hargroves, Part 1

The family started the first leg of their vacation in a French village.

46-A3-B5-A5-807-D-4488-864-C-9-E325807-B58-D.jpg
    8-F113050-4792-41-DF-9113-152695-B616-CF.jpg

They had a blast with the canals and caught some much-needed relaxation.

0613-C830-BDA6-4766-8129-E9-F48-EA0303-B.jpg
    160-F97-FF-B2-AF-47-EF-97-A1-159-D2361241-D.jpg
    40702-AE2-159-C-472-C-B428-79-C5-CC57-C07-D.jpg
    5-A757-C12-624-C-4841-9-E19-769850-A2350-A.jpg
    98-EB76-E5-A931-4-E61-A102-C4429765-B75-F.jpg
    AF047850-72-E2-4153-9004-F9-CEED420409.jpg
    B96174-F4-D6-F4-4-DA4-B821-53-AF96-A60-E6-E.jpg
    BAA6-ABAC-F982-431-A-BBE9-148-E92-DA004-B.jpg

5-C1-E44-C6-4-C6-D-41-FA-8-B8-B-7-ED800-BB1927.jpg
    99-CD7601-B0-E8-4-C6-A-BC3-E-83-B5-BB40-E5-D3.jpg
    AE7-B9-DEE-C3-E9-4978-8-E66-9-D9878-CFF4-A2.jpg
    C4-E89879-4-AE1-4450-8-B17-2-E68-E4-EA07-C8.jpg
    EB49-DF83-459-C-42-A2-A6-B5-5-F32-F9-A713-B9.jpg
  • Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    I have a lot of catch ups and a lot of screenshots to sort through before I can continue the stories. So, I guess I need to start somewhere.

@sarabeth2984 Thanks, Calden is, for the most part, fine on his own, but he's an orphan without a family. I figured I'd create the club to give him a kinda family of sorts, something different from the standard in game relationship options.

@sunblond Thanks for updating me. Rylan's son does look cute.

So, I turned this townie encountered when Dylan and Zeph went to University into my Black Widow. She's all kinds of crazy, but she's a crazy genius. Her only weakeness is that she must wear a dress, no matter what. No lies, she was created with most of these dresses. I did not need to change much.

51143248412_713f52af5e_k.jpg
    51145030250_1ed16b363c_k.jpg

51144138743_12358ff64a_k.jpg

51143927111_6b42db6525_k.jpg

51144139648_47c159ea54_k.jpg

51143926131_ad8a4c2229_k.jpg

51144702174_045b0ff680_k.jpg

51144702164_b44b1dded9_k.jpg

51144701224_c6c97aa422_k.jpg

When there are enough merfolk on the lot, there are some entertaining bugs...

51144701099_883c0d0059_b.jpg

So, this is the product of in game genetics. He's a Half-Sim/ Half-Alien that I turned into a merman. Effectively, he's an Alien Merman from Planet Sixam. Instead of being Creatively Gifted, he's Mentally Gifted. He also has a skin tone in his merform unique to Aliens. He's the merman in the next rotation.

Introducing: Helios Eon

Naturally, like the Sulani Merfolk, his merform is his natural form, so it's what I'm sharing.

51143248877_7e965e37f8_b.jpg

51143248207_57542ea871_b.jpg

@DeafSimmer when Dylan autonomously and randomly changed into this outfit, I thought of Alaric from your story. I'm enjoying the story too.

51145030840_fe2509ac49_b.jpg
  • Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    @Becka28 I'm just starting to catch up on your new save. Ember made me laugh. It seems he doesn't know when to give up.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top