Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Options
    AlwaysAskingAlwaysAsking Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited September 2019
    @OhMyHemsworth
    @AlwaysAsking Omg I love Niiski! <3 He is so cute! Is he on the gallery by any chance? ;)

Lol, Thank you! he is now! My gallery name is ariannaneal

Post edited by AlwaysAsking on
    SqxdF0m.png

Gallery ID is ARIANNANEAL
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    @AlwaysAsking First off, great pics. A lot of them set a good scene, but I also kind of want to use some of them as wallpaper?

Second, Bridget got even more sick with the second baby. Even worse, the kid cried more than her brother did. And speaking of her brother, I discovered that toddlers can autonomously make a mess and throw their food off their high chair.

As for the school, it's pretty basic: teenage spellcasters live at the school all year round, except when they go home for the summer. They basically just attend regular classes and do their homework. After that, they practice spells and experiment with potions, while the teacher comes around and helps them, one-by-one. He's also there to brew Decursify potions whenever the kids curse themselves. Finn and Hazel will be attending the school when they're older.

@GrumpyGlowfish Tell me more about the murderous brat. I love her.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    @Gordy You love her? Wilbica Mammini is certainly pleased!

wilbicarmk0a.jpg

She's actually an adult trapped in a child's body due to a curse, and it's making her do evil things - not that her genes are completely innocent, however, since her mother is a mean old witch and her brother is a famous vampire writer who abuses his celebrity status to hunt (and looks completely different in his public human form just to further throw off his victims). The original idea was that the mother herself put the curse on her because she hated children, and Wilbica was trying to kill her mother to get rid of it, but I couldn't play that story for obvious reasons, so now the entire family just works together to make the world a miserable place.

familientreffen6lkmm.png

I came up with this long before RoM was announced, when I was still hopeful that children could also become witches once we get them. Unfortunately she can't do any real magic, but thanks to the Pet Training skill, she was able to train her dog (who is supposed to be a living voodoo doll) to attack anyone she wants. Needless to say, her mother is a mischievous witch by now, and will hurry to her aid with a little fire or a lightning strike whenever Wilbica's preferred method of attack isn't severe enough to properly punish someone who looked at her the wrong way.

dreischelmeimreichderxdkhb.png

And that is the story of Aya Mammini (read out loud to get the secret meaning of her name) and her children!
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    5dY5m8Q.png
    So yeah, Hazel is a nightmare child. Cries and whines even more than her brother did.

jfIaqMR.png
    Hilariously, she also started crying immediately after Bridget started singing to her as she slept. This kind just straight-up hates her mom.

RYteIM6.png
    Though physically, she takes after her mother.

W8ZDeUR.png
    It doesn't help that Finn keeps throwing tantrums over everything. After playing games, he screams. After eating, he screams. Talking to his parents, he screams. And Bridget's fed up with it.

R5uTikY.png
    But he doesn't stop when he's asked. When he gets yelled at, he yells back. He never hits sims or throws his toys, but he always knows how to express his feelings in the most annoying way possible.

0ZC9huq.png
    He even autonomously throws his food off of his high chair, even when he's hungry.

PDGx0Mc.png
    Bridget reached out to some of the other members of the Sulani Community Club, hoping her fellow mothers could give her some advice.

hhU0H2q.png
    Unfortunately, she seems to have struck a nerve with Iona Stellar or something, because all of their conversations are unpleasant and tense. They just don't get along.

yuKbIaY.png
    Nonetheless, Iona does occasionally come over to help with the kids. She may not like Bridget, but she's not going to take it out on her kids. Besides, helping out is the neighborly thing to do.

RHTOYfI.png
    Uncle Reo also likes to come over sometimes, though his choice of literature might not be child-friendly. He doesn't visit all too often, since he now has a daughter of his own, Hallie. And he's also busy working and saving up to buy a restaurant.

z2xczYi.png
    Of course, Grandpa Hamish loves spending time with his kids. He's especially close to Finn, since the kid obsessively follows him around and makes Gramps play with him.

yCBhyuw.png
    Shortly after he leaves, Hamish calls up his daughter and invites her out for "a heart to heart." The game brought them to a bar in Windenburg, which is right next to his home. That was pretty sweet, I think.

Qlxm6O9.png
    Hamish has a good relationship with Ren and the kids, so I think he's come to accept his daughter's life. Despite everything, Bridget and Ren managed to make a successful life and raise two wonderful kids.

lBhVYf5.png
    Since only Ren works, the Spellmans have been struggling with money. Bridget can't rely on Copypasto because they already raised a few eyebrows by mysteriously "finding" a ton of Sulani artifacts. Between household chores and two kids, she has no time to work, visit the magic realm or do much of anything that could help their situation.

zKxAZuv.png
    But her father is proud of her, so she can't find it in her heart to ask for money. So she thanks him and tells him that she's glad to have him in her corner.

3znFLOD.png
    He brings up the idea of her, Ren and the kids moving to Windenberg, so they can be closer to to their grandparents. Bridget appreciates it, but she's not ready to give up on the little island paradise she and Ren worked so hard for.

dmtyj0u.png
    Later, Bridget explains everything to her husband. How stressed she's feeling, how difficult the kids are with her, and how she's worried about money. Honestly, as much as she loves her family, being a homemaker was so much harder than she thought it would be.

f2bTBB3.png
    But Ren's there for her. He says that he's been leveling up his skills to get a promotion, which will bring in more money. When the kids are old enough, they'll start school and Bridget will have more time to relax.

Things are rough now, but they're definitely going to pull it off one day.

ll8qIRe.png
    And you know what? Her husband's words made Bridget feel better. Renewed with hope, she's more determined than ever to manage this household.

rH0pZ7q.png
    While the kids sleep and Ren works, Bridget spends the day magic-ing up some food for the week. By the time her husband gets home, everyone will have their favorite meals for dinner.

E9DJc35.png
    Unfortunately, this proved to be a bad idea. Between her exhaustion and overuse of magic, she becomes overcharged and explodes with magic.

l8IALkN.png
    She spends the next hour on the floor, unable to move. She hears the kids crying upstairs, but she can't do anything about it. But for their sake, she's going to try her best to move and get some help.

4rNh3kR.png
    After work, Ren comes home to find something on the ground. Or someone.

@GrumpyGlowfish I love everything about this story! Really hope to see more in the future.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Hello everyone! Whew I have been catching up the past few days on about 1100 updates. Love seeing everyone's wonderful stories on here. I was excited to get to see everyone's ROM gameplay and see how everyone is enjoying the new pack. My posts are few and far between which I apologize for. I posted a while ago about my not so berry challenge and haven't posted since. Unfortunately being a teacher who started back at work has made not only playing the game hard, but posting stories even harder. I am hoping to get back into updates and posting.

Anyway I wanted to share a post about my ROM gameplay. First off I am having an absolute blast playing around with this pack and this is coming from someone who is a fairly realistic player. I had a teenager in one of my saves who I knew would be the perfect spellcaster from the minute the first trailer dropped. She was and still is going to own a vet one day and to me that sounded like a fun combo with spellcaster.

So I would like to introduce everyone to Lily Porter. Lily has the animal aspiration loves the outdoors, is cheerful and a bookworm.
    qzxRR8Z.png

Lily had heard about a new curious portal that had opened up in the new town of glimmerbrook. Being the curious sim she is she had to check it out. (sure lily now is the best time to take a selfie...teens)
    uFDwkZs.png

Lily met this beautiful sim who could perform magic....what?? Her face says it all.
    1BcoTer.png

She asked L faba (her name) if she could become a spellcaster like her. A short mission later and here we are.
    LXeTylY.png

The next day Lily headed back to the realm to start practicing. She went to Casters Alley to purchase a few magic essentials including her new familiar Darkwing
    W7kY89i.png

First time flying went pretty well...
    Z3OKSEy.png

Soon it was time for Lily to age up and move out on her own. She had to start saving for her vets office and she did not want help from her parents in getting it.
    WOjWkOH.png

Taking her corgi Bandit on a walk around the new neighborhood, her new home in the background. She was going to make it.
    9tx1vX6.png

Having a conversation with some new neighbors. Feeling like an adult.
    bfVcgaD.png

That wasn't me I swear....sure Lily
    oCscl0y.png

Her first potion batch backfired and she ended up with a nasty curse where everyone wanted to fight her. She made some new enemies to practice her darker magic on though.
    1gm4RIJ.png

Her first duel was a success....Go Lily
    7Ksp3XT.png

NuIsJrv.png

This is Lily's beautiful boyfriend Kengo. He is a random townie surprising enough and I am so inspired by ROM he is going to be my first vampire when he eventually moves in.
    epTiN39.png

First kiss....awwww
    Mu3hyVE.png

That's all for now. I am about to dive back in and keep working on making money through collectibles, which is hard by the way but I am determined to get enough for her to own a vet. Lily is currently Acolyte still I believe after a little over a week and half sim time. She is slowly building up her magic. I am focusing more on practical and alchemy with her but alchemy is not a ton of fun when you cannot sell the potions made for anything.
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    The Prescotts spent their Spring Break in Granite Falls.

RSbkf4c.png

BnmDz1a.png

(Killian's first big catch!)
    IaES7FG.png

keZuvwf.png

MCv0lf8.png

bCoddTJ.png

ONUURvZ.png

5z1NVcC.png

SW4SEW9.png

wB7ScBH.png

XGVQogn.png
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    edited September 2019
    I love seeing everyone's RoM updates! You've made some good looking spellcasters and interesting stories! It's been so busy I may never have time to comment individually on all of them, but I am enjoying them!

Also I see a lot of names I don't recognize joining us this past week... welcome to the thread! Hope you'll stick around a while and keep us updated!

I'm just going to respond to a few ongoing conversations and mentions and such for now.

@karizzles Did you click the blank cheat option? I lost a sim baby that way a few months back. One of the two times I've quit without saving in this save.

@AlwaysAsking I remembered that you were supposed to be moving in September. I wondered if that was why you were a little quieter than usual or if you were just too busy enjoying your new packs. Sounds like a bit of both. Good luck with the basement!
    This thing you've got going, where you illustrate your real life with sims screenshots, is kind of adorable.
    It was really nice to see Ian and Lawrence again. I was going to guess that the children might be Lawrence and his sister, only because I can't remember if any of your other sims have siblings but I know Lawrence does. ;)

@Jase Thank you! I had a lot of fun with the portraits overall.

@AngeliqueAdelaide I love names in general, so I usually give each family a theme. In this save it's just letters, so Family A's heir will always have a name that starts with A, etc. If I know what I'm going to do with the spares I'll give them a name that fits their future theme (Jacob will grow up and found Family J, for example). If I'm not sure when they're born I'll usually give them a name that fits the family they were born into. A few times in this save I've come up with names based on what I'm watching... Bruce is so named because the tv show Gotham was on the night he was born and Bruce Wayne was on my mind.
    The only game generated names I have kept are Maximilian and Bo. They were born in Family B, so Bo works, and Maximilian just seemed like the kind of name his fathers would have picked.
    In previous saves and especially in Sims2 I used to use other themes, like presidents & royalty, people I knew in college, Biblical names, Scottish names, characters from certain tv series, nature based names, etc. Without a theme, I find the sheer number of names in existence overwhelming and hard to pick from.
    I think I like your names because there are a lot that aren't even on my radar, some of which are quite pretty and unusual. I've never used a lot of Italian names, for example. Also I'm a history nerd so I appreciate the Borgia references.

@SiliClone The Hare and Hedgehog also drives me nuts, as does the replacement I downloaded. Is yours on the gallery?
    I enjoy the way you play with most of the same premades I do but in an entirely different way. It's fun to see the alternate reality versions.

@Becka28 I hope you're enjoying RoM! From what I've seen I really would like all the CAS items right now, but I am ok with waiting for the gameplay until Christmas. Only because I have so many goals I'm trying to get to with all my families right now that I don't need more for them to do... I'm sure I will totally enjoy it when I get there.
    Also I enjoyed your trip down memory lane with the outfits. We must be around the same age.

@Dust_Bunny2010 Yeah, Bella and Mortimer in Strangerville... hopefully I don't get them killed! Gillian is named after Gillian Anderson from the X-Files, so when Strangerville came out I knew she was destined to be there. So I set her up with a Goth because they seemed like the right people to drag into strange events.
    Also, I didn't say before that I really liked how at the beginning of your story there were multiple pictures where the main character was seen from the back. Not seeing her face supported the whole theme of her not knowing who she was or what her place was in the world. Not sure if you meant to do that or it was a happy accident but I thought it was neat either way.
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    @Daephene I used a lot of CC... I can put it into the gallery but I'm not sure how much will stay.
  • Options
    AlwaysAskingAlwaysAsking Posts: 1,403 Member
    @SiliClone
    SiliClone wrote: »
    @Daephene I used a lot of CC... I can put it into the gallery but I'm not sure how much will stay.

I was going to ask you that too. Then I remembered the CC problem. But, I did want you to know that I thought of asking you right away, lol
    SqxdF0m.png

Gallery ID is ARIANNANEAL
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Simeon Silversweater just kicked the bucket. While Grimmy was doing his thing, I got a message on the phone telling me that Simeon had just passed away. Well duh! It happened right in front of me. xD
  • Options
    March306March306 Posts: 1,012 Member

My dog Coco and Cole had puppies <3

5Cuq3Km.png

Meet Missy and Sissy... Am I bad with names? Lol They're two female dogs.

Missy is my favorite

WjJfWke.png

And this is Sissy.

khVImUr.png

And Coco got sick and we're poor so she has a cone around her head.

B97POim.png

We did manage to add on to the house.

lAwJyQG.png

I decided even though Karl didn't complete his aspiration yet I still wanted to start having babies. This is Summer taking a pregnancy test.

5c8CmZN.png

C9b83DR.png

I forgot to take a picture of the baby being born. It was a girl and we named her Sue after Sue Heck from The Middle.

IMDB The Middle
    5DG72Tj.gif
  • Options
    ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    @AlwaysAsking , it's the Curse of Unwarranted Hostility. In the code, it's literally called PunchableFace and is the funniest thing!

As for what I did today (or rather yesterday), not much gameplay, but I did finish a renovation for my Four Strange Girls, and my teenage mischief spellcaster won her first duel!

l5Auewn.png
  • Options
    @SiliClone
    SiliClone wrote: »

I was going to ask you that too. Then I remembered the CC problem. But, I did want you to know that I thought of asking you right away, lol

I'll share it tomorrow!
  • Options
    sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    Hello y’all! My life has been crazy and really depressing lately. This forum has been my creative outlet and helps deal with stress, so thank you for reading my stories so far! Its been ages since I posted about everyone’s updates. If I missed yours I have probably awesomed or liked it! :)

@alwaysasking
    I loved your Renaissance Faire story. That was so cute!
    Also your story of the brother and sister going to the ROM was so sweet. I can’t wait to see their future adventures there!
    Jasper and Laney are an awesome couple. I think they will be perfect together!
    Oh boy. Good luck with the basement situation. My dad is going through a similar situation. Never fun.
    Congrats on your first occult! He looks awesome!
    Ian and Lawrence looks so cute on their adventures in Sulani! I’m glad you are enjoying the swing set too!
    I was totally upset with Simeon dying in that one but lol! I think it was because his dating Mila, moving in, getting engaged, getting married, and baby announcement all happened in a 24 hr period. I kinda rushed my gameplay to get the photos. All the happy events proved to much for him lol. I had to bring him back!

@morkovka
    Wanda aged up into a pretty child! I love Ezra’s home too. Its a nice combination of the Vampiric and ROM packs!
    I love Hella’s broom! I haven’t bought that one yet…
    Ivy is the perfect choice for a witch! I love how you have dressed her. I also love the idea of Ivy and Simeon together. I had a sim from another save of mine interact with him. She wound up dating Morgyn but I fell in love with Simeon. He has such a nice personality and it was so sad seeing him wander around all depressed like that.

@becka28
    Bjorn always gets such a bad rap but he is one of my favorite premades. He and Jessica make such a cute couple!
    And thank you for loving my Discworld Witches. I haven’t downloaded them into my main save but I can’t wait!
    I love your simself in that dress. It looks awesome

And I absolutely love reading up on your Gytha and Esme. Its fun seeing the younger version of themselves! It was so cool seeing them turn into spellcasters. Lol at Gytha’s flirting!

@deafsimmer
    I have enjoyed reading up on Celestia’s, Luna’s, and Discord’s move to Glimmerbrook. Their home is beautiful. Also yay for Celestia freezing Finley! He’s a jerk. He abandons his family and now wants to come back to bother her?

@simmelina
    I am enjoying Juliana’s adventures in the ROM! She has the makings of an amazing spellcaster

@daephene
    Oh I am loving your Strangerville Story with Cass and Gillian! And Bella and Mortimer moving to Strangervile!!! Awesome

@o-meezy
    Talia aged up into a pretty teen! I’m glad she liked turning into a vampire. How is she handling it now?

@doodlydoofus
    I liked your Island Living photos, it looks like the Baileys had a lot of fun. Then when Gunner went next door, that’s a lot of urns lmao!!!
    Oh no the neighbor did it again! And got run over by a car lol!
    Abraham! No!! Poor Gunner crying over his urn

@siliclone
    Oh I love your rebuild of the Hare and Hedgehog. It looks so much better
    Ulrike Faust is the perfect choice for a witch!!
    Yay! She helped out Gunther with Emilia! I think they will make for a much cuter couple than her current fiance
    Also I have noticed the Townie generator has been throwing out some awesome Sims in my game too. I may have to start posting them. Your rebuild of the Magic HQ is amazing! I haven’t given Simeon a violin yet but he just might need one lol. He’s been busy changing diapers and potty training in my game at the moment. I was really debating not setting him up with Mila. However, he comes with 40,000 and a lot spells so it was worth it!
    Sigfrid Frostborn is going to be an awesome sim to play lol! A squeamish viking

@gordy
    I loved your updates on Ren and Bridget’s family! They look so happy together.
    Ok got to page 435. Oh the toddlers look to be a handful! And that last shot. Is Bridget gone?! Cliffhanger!

@ldmarko
    That pic of Don Lothario and J Huntington dueling was awesome! I have also really been watching your stories with the Prescotts. Their Winterfest and trip to Granite Falls was so cute.
    @rouenpucelle

I like your sims Claudia and Katrina. They make a cute family!
    @smellincoffee

Oh I like Samira as a witch! You are right her house in Newcrest is much better. Hopefully she will be able to bring back Frodo!
    Ok, I just got to the part where she brings Frodo back! Yay!!
    @gemjas
    No! The burning toilet killed her wife. That must have been hilarious and tragic at the same time
    @jase
    I love your Micah. He looks amazing and so charming!
    @doloresgrey
    I love the wedding photos!!!
    @ohmyhemsworth
    I am impressed with your witch Babe Breland! She’s going to be so fun to play. Her house looks amazing too
    @grumpyglowfish
    Your avatar is awesome. I am also really enjoying your story!
    @akl500p
    I remember your Berry challenge! Its good to see you back to posting! I like your Lily Porter BTW. She seems like a fun sim to play

• Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I finally managed to edit and replace the lame sages that came with Realm of Magic

The new Practical Sage, Simeon Silverstar.

asSWZpb.png
    3jK3oT7.png

Turned the L Faba into the witch from the trailer, who I renamed Aine La Croix, the Mischief Sage

OLPcvBp.png
    hwQGDtX.png

And surprisingly, I decided to keep Morgyn but edited his features into less of a generic white dude and more fitting an Untamed Sage

EG5tLYr.png
    5vWPxo6.png

My teen sim who was raised by vamps is learning magic from each of the sages one at a time.
    She had her first practice duel with Simeon today

FIrRpuj.png

And as expected of a master spellcaster, he knocked her on her a$$

G00wZLU.png

Jeez, go easy on her Simeon, she's a noob at this
  • Options
    @sarabeth2984 Sigfried is going to stay as a townie but I can't wait to meet him in the Magic HQ.... I don't really like to mix premades and other Sims.... I either only play premades or other Sims.
  • Options
    sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    Hey y’all! Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
    I decided to hang out in the Munch-Silverweather household today:

YOU’RE A WIZARD WOLFGANG!
    Simeon Silverweather has been very happy since he decided to leave his role as Mage of Practical Magic. He may not have the esteemed title anymore but he didn’t care. (I changed the last name to Silverweather because SilverSweater sounds dumb)
    He had met and married the love of his life a few years ago, Mila Munch
    LrBQL2J.png
    They have two beautiful children
    Roderick and baby Autumn
    W9UanmQ.png
    SLyJr4S.png
    Of course no one ever said potty training a toddler was easy
    hN900Mn.png
    Mila had 3 kids from her first relationship
    The oldest, Gunther, who had recently moved out on his own. He was not happy about it
    VCpwguy.png
    Wolfgang who has gone ga-ga over baby Autumn
    4rsV9gr.png
    And the youngest Lucas. Lucas was not as happy with baby Autumn
    3vVS9JZ.png
    Simeon had set up the back building as his brewing station
    V2rUBLs.png
    fkkqXu4.png
    Lately his stepson Wolfgang had been showing interest in the Craft
    DxMnPat.png
    YzOEn4D.png

Wolfgang had to admit. His family was WEIRD
    Ever since his mom Mila Munch had married Simeon Silverweather, Wolfgang’s life changed dramatically. Simeon was a Wizard. Awesome
    UAVNogZ.png
    Poof! Dinner!
    dOomyWV.png
    The boys, Gunther, Wolfgang, and Lucas still saw their biological father Griffin (I had set him as their father in CAS when I first started this save months ago) on a regular basis. They had to go over to his house to visit, now that his mom had remarried. That was ok because he just lived down the street. Griffin was a vampire so it was kinda weird seeing Dad flying around as a bat.
    4Nghf7p.png
    Wolfgang, Gunther, Griffin, and step mom Agnes catch up
    5N0dMwh.png
    Gunther, Wolfgang’s older brother, hates living out on his own and is moping as usual
    Grv0SUT.png
    Wolfgang’s half-sister Lisette comes out to say hi
    WWQ0Ksw.png
    “I got all A’s on my last report card!”
    YWo5zs9.png
    “That’s nice Lisette.”
    6PLSr45.png
    Lisette and Lucas play
    mjr4Qzq.png
    Lucas has been getting violin lessons from Dad
    vsCVpA5.png
    47ZWbYG.png
    Wolfgang noticed that Lucas has really been missing Dad.
    2f0aW2p.png
    KhECRSG.png
    He even stayed to sleepover that night
    TSsjPNA.png

Wolfgang thought that spellcasting was cool. He spent most afternoons after school watching Simeon make potions
    Then one day Simeon asked him if he wanted to become one. “Sure whatever.”
    Simeon shook his head. He loved the kid but the attitude problem could get annoying
    “Prepare for it!”
    qyD5Gpq.png
    rys12Sb.png
    RfXEL6R.png
    YmWdULG.png
    You’re a wizard Wolfgang!
    Awesome
    RGlbNda.png
    The next day Simeon took Wolfgang on a road trip to Glimmerbrook
    YuEvmdP.png
    They came up to a huge arch out in the clearing.
    “What do you with it?” asked Wolfgang
    “You step through just like that movie Stargate!” (Simeon is a geek)
    smvI0Dl.png
    And pop out on the other side. It was the first time Simeon had been back to the Realm of Magic since he moved to Windenberg
    His3oXy.png
    They went to the Center of Learning. He met up with his friend Morgyn
    tT9B6kB.png
    He introduces Wolfgang to Morgyn
    IH8zOhV.png

Simeon gives his new apprentice his first magical lesson
    Qd3oR96.png
    Back home to celebrate the day’s event, Wolfgang gets a new wand!
    qGJVhhS.png
    Totally awesome!!

Till next time!

• Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    edited September 2019
    @AlwaysAsking I think ghost-Frodo turning blue was him becoming Confident, but I'm not sure.

Last time, on As the Plumbob Turns....

Frodo froze to death in his aunt's pool, leaving his wife Esperanza a widow. Frodo's young brother Samwise moved in to help Esperanza with the baby, Sulani, and inadvertently rekindled the spark of flirtation that existed between them in high school -- though they didn't share it with the family for fear of being talked about Rapidly maturing and growing in his new roles as adoptive dad and proxy husband, Samwise also began a career as an athlete. Unknown to the kids, however, their great aunt Samira was a highly intelligent wizard who dedicated herself to defeating death. After a little trial and error, she restored Frodo to life....only for him to return home and find his brother living with his newly pregnant wife, and their baby just starting school.

And now, the continuation.

Things continue to be awkward between Frodo and Samwise. Samwise retreated to Willow Creek, and Frodo attempted to assume his old place. His daughter, however, had bonded with her adoptive father, her uncle Samwise, and try as he might, Frodo found the existence of his nephew Luiz....awkward. He, too, left Sulani, moving in with in-laws while he figured things out. He found a use there, as Maheer and his oldest daughter Mariposa were both reeling from the death of Amalia, Maheer's wife and Mariposa's mom. Frodo pitched in, helping with the twin boys Antonio and Miguel. All this Dude-ness was a little much for Mariposa, who decided to move in with her cousin-friends Fatima and Rayyan, as the Big House in Brindleton Bay.

7DfdtIH.jpg
    In Brindleton Bay, Sayyid is relishing his role as the Grand Old Man of the family. Not only did he inspire Rayyan and Fatima (!!! of all people) to join the Service, he's a mentor to both Samwise and Mariposa. Nasira, interestingly, has finally decided to stop fighting old age, and is surrendering to it rather gracefully.

Nx3TiOn.jpg
    Considering that Fatima usually strolls around in a dance dress and heels, seeing her in fatigues is most amusing. It's like Angelina Jolie in an army movie.

JjG8sIb.jpg
    (....I love this shot. Nasira and her apple-doesn't-fall-far-from-the-tree daughter Fatima!)

In the Big House, we have Sayyid (retired grand marshall and effective family leader, since his immortal mother Samira prefers to advise from the shadows); Nasira, famed author and increasingly successful painter; Miriam, who moved into the house to marry Amaar, Sayyid's son, only that marriage to fall apart as soon as it happened, but resulting in a daughter, Rayyan; Fatima, Nasira's second daughter; Dorian, who is either Nasira's or Miriam's, I forget; and now Khalida, Mariposa's new daughter. It's...a crowded house.

Unfortunately, it's about to get slightly less crowded: it's Sayyid's time to go. :(
    4ujTXGX.jpg

Some shots...

7huOjAu.jpg
    Dorian, who I named after Dorian Gray. :lol: He has adopted his older sister Eris' mohawk, although his is read. I imagine he'll be fun.

Nyje4KC.jpg
    At Samwise's home: Arwen pauses at the door and waits, politely; Fatima just saunters in. If she ever has a daughter I'm going to name her Veruca.

dOKcowh.jpg
    Her grandmother was known to flirt with the Reaper. Fatima prefers to shock, scare, and otherwise torture him.

628qXIm.jpg
    Fatima and Miriam share..uh, something, while fighting over who feeds Khalida.

zxdQ0Sd.jpg
    My Grand Old Men, Maheer and Sayyid. RIP Sayyid!

8Ee6W1Q.jpg
    I described Nasira as "vain" in her youth. This is why.

iRvMxrH.jpg
    Who's this? Sulani! Daughter of Esperanza and Frodo (and Samwise). As a third-generation Sulani resident, Sulani (...that's going to get confusing...) keeps true to island traditions, avoiding mainland dress.
  • Options
    M9SupNJ.png
    Found this old pic while organizing my screenshots. It's of Ren and Bridget in high school. Strangely enough, they always sat together. I wonder if relationships determine seating placement?

WqaDxoc.png
    Anyway, Ren sold the house in Sulani and is in the process of moving everything into his parents' house in Brindleton. While that's getting done, Finn and Hazel get to spend a few weeks with their maternal grandparents, in Windenberg.

FJRArQH.png
    Grandma Fleur spends a lot of time with them, since I have nothing else for her to do. She's the only one who has a proper job, and she knows more spells than her husband, but eh. She's boring.

SJ5OD8g.png
    Grandpa Hamish is more fun to play. He uses magic to take care of his tree orchard. Thanks to the fruit provided by the trees, the kids are eating healthy snacks every day.

S8tK4DW.png
    Aunt Moira also visits from time to time. She also adores her niece and nephew, because she always gravitates toward them.

zSuEYhK.png
    She's in her final year of magic school, studying practical magic and Gardening to help run the orchard. She and her sister received more of an education than their parents, so she's the only one in the family who knows Florial and Copypasto.

42Oivm3.png
    Here's the new house, by the way. It's been with the family since Great-Great-Great Grandparents, Ken and Melody Stellar. The Spellmans will be moving in with Ren's parents and brother, since they can't afford to keep their house.

J234cYV.png
    When Ren shows up, his brother is the first one to greet him.

WQWQz11.png
    Reo's great at making his brother smile.

yIN04tY.png
    Ren made a little shrine to Bridget on his nightstand. He keeps her familiar, an old high school photograph, and the rose he got her for their first Love Day. Her wand and broom are kept in storage and will one day go to their children.

ZnVgOyT.png
    When the kids move in, the grandparents are all over them. Whatever reservations Scarlett had about Bridget don't matter anymore, because she's fully devoted to the kids. And to her benefit, she seems to be Hazel's favorite grandparent.

HCKn4KD.png
    Try as he might though, Rowan can't replace Hamish as Finn's favorite. But they still get along pretty well.

dzeLoCt.png
    Reo also loves the kids, and they love him. Fun fact about Reo: he and his ex-high school sweetheart are friends with benefits. One of those benefits is raising a child together, since they both wanted a child.

I might show off Hallie another time, but she's a really sweet kid. Whenever she's over, she's always talking to her cousins or her grandparents. She doesn't sleep over often, since there's no extra bed or bedroom for her. But when she does, Reo sleeps on the couch in the basement, so she can have his room.

Pj8APAJ.png
    But yeah, Reo's a great guy. He helped his brother deal with his grief and refocus his life. Somehow, he convinced Ren to pool his money in with his and run the local restaurant together.

TjFFrUl.png
    The Broomstick Club was a meeting place for witches back in the day, but was abandoned years ago. The two of them sunk all of their money into buying it and setting it up. It's a huge risk, but it could be a great business decision. Plus, the twins get to work together.

JGbsVon.png
    Opening day was going smoothly at first, but then I realized that the waiter didn't show up to work for some reason. So I ended the day, lost 36 Simoleans, and decided to pretend that this hiccup didn't happen.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
  • Options
    MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    @DoloresGrey Lovely wedding, I really like the matching dresses and the black and white theme :)
    Bob looks a bit off in that striped hoodie among formally dressed guests tho :smiley:
    Toddlers are adorable, Esme especially so <3

Answering your question about Ivy the single mom.
    Ivy felt very lonely alone in a huge house especially in winter when she couldn't do much outdoors.
    So one winterfest she seduced Father Winter, this contunied for a few following years and resulted in three babies.
    I never moved him in because wanted him to keep the job, and then Ivy became extremely busy with a big garden, career and three kids.
    She didn't have time for dates and Father Winter didn't come to help often enough, so they somehow just drifted apart completely.
    Luckily now Ivy has older kids to take care of the younger ones, the garden is nearly self-sufficient with Patchy's help (the cowplant keeps dying but it's either that or it keeps chewing on the kids, Freya specifically gets eaten regularly).
    So she can rediscover romance again with Simeon :)
    ljJWtYq.jpg
    Surprisingly, teen Noel spends most of his time with little Bishop, he seems to really enjoy being a big brother.
    mZq2dQq.jpg
    As a kid he took zero interest in his toddler sister.
    I also make sure Bishop spends enough time with Simeon.
    dUMCLC9.jpg
    "This book says magic - sounds fake but ok..."
    Bishop is in for one big surprise when he's older :D

@Keidra Beautiful couple and cute fluffy Minerva! Without a sorting hat hard to tell what kind of magic suits your Spellcaster better, so I guess it's normal that they are figuring it out on the go :)

@AlwaysAsking As someone who moved several times across the country in the past few years, I can feel you on that mess situation :/
    Hope you sort it out soon!
    Of course it's me who dress up everyone in the household's color. Color-coding households is my kink haha :D
    Btw normally jetskis should end up in inventories :)

@GrumpyGlowfish Wow, that's one spooky family, I love it! The voodog looks awesome!

@sarabeth2984 Hope your life gets easier and happier soon! :kissing_heart:
    Yeah, I love that there are brooms and wands of different designs, nice customization touch for different spellcasters!

• Options
    WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    What hasn't happened?

unknown.pngunknown.png

Was stuck with Curse of Hostility and had 5 people hate me and now have a Bad Rep :disappointed:

Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    My sim had Grimmie's kid the other day (they kinda clicked when they met after Simeon's passing xD ). I wasn't really expecting anything, but felt a bit disappointed when I realized he's just an ordinary kid whose father happens to be the Grim Reaper. :P
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    WolfNate wrote: »
    What hasn't happened?

unknown.pngunknown.png

Was stuck with Curse of Hostility and had 5 people hate me and now have a Bad Rep :disappointed:

Your Neville seems to have skipped the awkward childhood phase and gone straight for dashing Neville of DH!
  • Options
    WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    @Smellincoffee DH? Deathly Hallows? Also btw it was unintentional making him but hey not complaining. And yes the glowfrog is named Trevor.
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top