Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ask a question/ Answer a question

Comments

• Options
    SimiLovaSimiLova Posts: 1,123 Member
    A. Fave type of supernatural? Tie between vamps, fairies, witches and genies.

Q. Most creative way one of your sims has died?
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    A: I have only ever had one of my own Sims die - he was repairing a stereo on my say-so, got shocked, and resumed the repair on his own initiative while I was out of the room on another Sim. But the best Sim death I have seen was from a non-upgraded fireplace in a highrise in Bridgeport at a celebrity party - three guests died before the firefighter could make it up the elevator. Everyone else was panicking and peeing themselves. Those who survived all thought it had been the best party, ever.

Q: Have you ever had your Sim strike up a romance not of your choosing?
  • Options
    SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    A: Yes. I put a stop to that nonsense immediately.

Q: Do you move premades from one world to another?
  • Options
    AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    A: No, but that is a good idea. :smile:

Q: If you could add another expansion pack for the sims 3, which theme would you choose?
  • Options
    SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    A: Yes - they are a lot of fun.

Q: Have you ever played/completed a challenge?
  • Options
    ArielGrintArielGrint Posts: 50 Member
    A: I've tried, but never actually completed them!

Q: In legacies\challenges, do you tend to marry in actual townies\service NPCs, your own CAS sims, or the playable premades and their descendants?

A: I pretty much always create my own sims for my sims to marry haha :) The only time that I had my sim marry actual townies & service NPCs was when I had a "Black Widow" sim who went through husbands at a rate of about 1 in every 3 days, so creating new husbands for her was simply unsustainable :D

Q: If you could take anything from one of the previous games & carry it over to Sims 3, what would it be? It could be an object, lot, town, game mechanic, profession, sim, etc. Personally I would love to have a little "magic town" like Sims Makin' Magic had with its unique style, exclusive characters, fun challenges & bartering for ingredients, but I would also love to see kitten & puppy displays for pet stores like in Sims 2 so you could go to the store and buy a pet you want(making one in CAS) rather than have to choose from ones up for adoption/having to go through complex ways of adding them to existing families by creating a pet and an extra sim and moving them in
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    A: I'd love some of the romantic interactions from Sims 2, like these:

023_zpsbcf90097.jpg

007b_zps318e8769.jpg

0015_zps14e2e303.jpg

0016_zps3931d7a3.jpg

snapshot_81d112e4_81d8254e_zps4c9f3da1.jpg

Or the way they present or hand over a baby to another sim.

Baby2_zps1zl5qab4.jpg

(or the baby itself for that matter ;))

Q: What would you prefer, CASt or a spectrum of preset, matching colours?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    A: CASt, I am a bit OCD and very picky about colours, I have to be able to pick that perfect shade I want, lack of CASt in Sims 4 is one of the major reasons I haven't bought it yet

Q: Have you ever gotten angry at your sims(not the game itself, but the actual sims) and why?

@JoAnne65 those screenshots are awesome, I wholeheartedly agree with you on this one! And you also reminded me how awesome Bon Voyage was - while I love World Adventures, I wish there were also some "leisure holiday" locations&activities for Sims 3 so that my honeymoons aren't all about tomb raiding haha :)
  • Options
    A: No, because he became a Fairy/Ghost hybrid, which was awesome. His brand-new, just-asked-to-go-steady boyfriend, however, was completely devestated, brooded for days, and I have still not been able to get them back together. This is actually the only Sim of mine who has died - I am kind of a control-freak, and also get attached.

Q: What is the most surprising, accidental & unplanned change in your Sims' story that you have ever just gone, "Okay - I guess the story is this, now?" and rolled with?
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited March 2017
    A: That time when a sim I had created and put in the game to be my sim's future spouse, entered the room like this:

Sacha00106.jpg

Me: "what... is she wearing...., she's not... is she?"
    Yes she was, pregnant (mind you, she had been in the game for about three days here). And the father turned out to be my sim's (the confused guy seen on the back here) elderly bachelor uncle, brother of his mom. I rolled with it, my sim married her anyway and raised his little cousin ;) He also raised his sister by the way, because a few days earlier when he had visited his parents, there was a similar surprise:

Sacha00096.jpg

Who's that baby :o Oh, my old parents appear to have had some fun with consequences :D I in fact regret things like this don't happen anymore.

Q: Did you ever play a sim who maxed out every skill there is?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
    edited March 2017
    A: Euhm, yes. But I didn't make her myself. Bakc in the Dutch sims3 community there was someone who clearly had a lot of fun making a sim max all skills in the game at that time and all the challenges accompanying it (those sims were millionaires by the way, and their houses were full of collected stuff) and he made those downloadable and i played with them. Not for long though, a sim who maxed out everything but literally EVERYTHING is kinda boring.

Q: Have you ever had a case of incest in your game, due to mods or disappeared relationships?
  • Options
    A: Yes, but it happened while I was playing another household (meaning it was not my idea, I just discovered it later). It was Bessie Clavell (after Buster died)+Cyclon Sword (as YA). She also had something with one of my created sims, he is also YA. Creepy and funny at the same time, in my opinion.

Q: which sims book seems like something you would like to read in real life?

• Options
    A: Not exactly. I tend to play households that function as sort of boarding school, like 6 kids/teens with young adult/adult to supervise and provide guidance after school. Over time, the relationships bars are increasing, so they can be good friends. But other than that I preffer to keep every sim mainly with his age group.

Q: Have you ever created a sim for celebrity? If yes- who was it?
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    A: When Sims 2 just came out, the first Sims I have created in that game were Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson, who in my story were husband and wife :) For a while every new game I started were those two(I would tweak them over time but the general look stayed the same, I still remember Emma having that base game shoulder length wavy hair since my reference was Prisoner of Azkaban). I mostly come up with my own characters or try to recreate characters from books/movies/games rather than actual actors, so for example instead of just having Eva Green I'd create Miss Peregrine or Vanessa Ives. I don't do it very often, I think last "existing character" I created was Alistair from Dragon Age games

Q: When you create Sims in CAS, they don't have a family tree beyond the characters that you create along with them and they start the game with a bit of money on their bank account to get them settled. Do you come up with a story as to why they don't know their parents and how they got the money? If so, what is your most common or most awesome explanation to this? Do you come up with a background story in general?

@KaikoMikkusu Yes, I have indeed created my simself for my profile pic with the Sims 4 demo, I think there is still a topic here somewhere where me & a few others were discussing how to make the demo work well on our Macs :)
  • Options
    A: The basic story is that they are young adults, new in town and have a family somewhere.
    I usually come up with the backround story afterwards, during the game, and than add other family members (either in CAS- like a new household, or with nraas cheat). I feel like the story evolves and revealed as I play, as I know the charecter better (even I am the one that created it).

Q: How many sims have you created so far? (I mean sims that you actually played with for a while, and not just created for testing or something)
  • Options
    A: I virtually never play pre-mades, so no. Also, if I am making a new household, Teen is as young as I tend to create. Unpopular, I know, but baby/toddler/child end of the age spectrum is easily my least favorite.

Q. How many generations have you ever created together in the same household to start?
  • Options
    No, though I have made "tribute" Sims of fandom / RL historical characters. I should upload and share my Sim version of Aleister Crowley - he came out well. xD

Do you decide your Sims' orientation for them, or let them decide?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top