Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We Waited 4 THAT "Announcement"?

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    This is why I don't speculate or get hyped up when EA announces things in game patches because most times it's just a disappointment. I don't understand why Simmers have to post in these forums, ''what are we getting in the patch'' post, get all hyped up for nothing-seriously, it was a disappointment to me!-as usual from EA. Wait until EA goes to EAplay to announce maybe something bigger-who knows-I'll check back later.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    You will get more news about the packs on their announce date. These are simply an addition to our communications so you get a look ahead for whats to come. Example: You now know that between April - June you are confirmed to get a Restaurants themed Game Pack and a Kids focused Stuff Pack. In the teaser we also placed easter eggs for some free content that will appear in patches between April - June (I know people like to look through videos / images for additional hints at things so we thought it would be fun to sprinkle those in there to see who would notice what.)
    So the monsters under the bed could potentially be in a patch? Or maybe the fear emotion patch? Knowing my imagination, I probably could end up seeing things that aren't actually really there. XD
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    Arletta wrote: »
    Shearsy wrote: »
    I'm happy. They said they were going to tease us and I have been teased. They said they'll be continuing with the teasers and keeping us more informed so I can't complain. :) I'm glad EA have decided to be less secretive.

Oh and finally restaurants! They must of listened! Hopefully we can run our own or I have to admit I'd be really gutted.

This is what SG Drake said.

"Now that we have that out of the way, I’d like to give you something that is official and that I’ve been helping work on: On Tuesday, April 19, we will be providing you with a look at content to come to The Sims 4 in the next couple months. I will have more information for you about this then, but am excited for you to see what we have in store."

We did get a look at content but unless I missed it there wasn't "more information". Nothing about being teased. Maybe on Twitter? I don't know I don't post there.

You can find the "more information" here: forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/884785/a-look-ahead-for-spring-early-summer-2016#latest :)

Thanks SG Drake. I had seen that. That doesn't really add more information in the way a lot of players have been wanting. I, and others, thought there was to be a bit more of an open dialog communication.

Quick question: Why did you think there was going to be more of an open dialogue communication?

Maybe because I just can't see a 15 second video as communication. I guess I'm just used to the usual way of thinking of communication....it's an exchange of information.

When someone says "here look at this" they are showing me something. When Someone engages me in an exchange of news, ideas or other dialog we are communicating.

So......when someone says they want you to look at something, but the something isn't long enough, it's disqualified as information, for not being informative enough.

(I honestly didn't confuse myself with that at all. Dunno about anyone else)

• Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    I'm happy. They said they were going to tease us and I have been teased. They said they'll be continuing with the teasers and keeping us more informed so I can't complain. :) I'm glad EA have decided to be less secretive.

Oh and finally restaurants! They must of listened! Hopefully we can run our own or I have to admit I'd be really gutted.

"Now that we have that out of the way, I’d like to give you something that is official and that I’ve been helping work on: On Tuesday, April 19, we will be providing you with a look at content to come to The Sims 4 in the next couple months. I will have more information for you about this then, but am excited for you to see what we have in store."

We did get a look at content but unless I missed it there wasn't "more information". Nothing about being teased. Maybe on Twitter? I don't know I don't post there.

You can find the "more information" here: forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/884785/a-look-ahead-for-spring-early-summer-2016#latest :)

Thanks SG Drake. I had seen that. That doesn't really add more information in the way a lot of players have been wanting. I, and others, thought there was to be a bit more of an open dialog communication.

Quick question: Why did you think there was going to be more of an open dialogue communication?

Maybe because I just can't see a 15 second video as communication. I guess I'm just used to the usual way of thinking of communication....it's an exchange of information.

When someone says "here look at this" they are showing me something. When Someone engages me in an exchange of news, ideas or other dialog we are communicating.

So......when someone says they want you to look at something, but the something isn't long enough, it's disqualified as information, for not being informative enough.

Are we going to play I say something and you make it look like what you want it to say? Did you ever think of going into politics?
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    So, it was basically an announcement about an announcement then if it's just linking SGLyndsay's statement about sneak peeks. O.K. then, then I won't be waiting around for a blog or more 'news' about that sneak peak anytime soon.

You will get more news about the packs on their announce date. These are simply an addition to our communications so you get a look ahead for whats to come. Example: You now know that between April - June you are confirmed to get a Restaurants themed Game Pack and a Kids focused Stuff Pack. In the teaser we also placed easter eggs for some free content that will appear in patches between April - June (I know people like to look through videos / images for additional hints at things so we thought it would be fun to sprinkle those in there to see who would notice what.)

So if the Easter Eggs are going to be free content....we got the Tragic Clown. So we might be getting the monster under the bed, and a restaurant venue as free content. What do you guys think?
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    @AquaSimmer1212 no chance!
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Monster under the bed maybe...But I still feel like restaurants will be tied to the GP
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    Monster under the bed maybe...But I still feel like restaurants will be tied to the GP

But don't they always put the venues into the base game? Maybe, if you own the pack, then you can own the restaurant. But with the venue patch you can only visit them.

Guys I feel like there has to be more than just maybe 2 easter eggs in the video. And SimGuruTrev there was stuff we might not have caught.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    Xavy_CatXavy_Cat Posts: 350 Member
    I have set my exceptions pretty low for Sims 4, just to keep me from getting to hyped over what's to come. That way when anything I actually look forward to is released it's a pleasant surprise.
    ms-gif-sims%201_zps4784kijd.gif
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member

Are we going to play I say something and you make it look like what you want it to say? Did you ever think of going into politics?

ROFL. No, in both respects. It's late and I'm beyond tired. I understood what you meant and I know what I meant, just didn't articulate it correctly. I'm as done as I am going to be, anyway.

• Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member

I think the monster under the bed will be patched in since it's shown with a bed we already have. If so, a fear trait would be cool, and perhaps the brave trait? I like this feature/interaction for kids.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    Some people are acting as if this Teaser doesn't give us any information yet we got the theme for the upcoming GP and SP, we got some hints towards upcoming Patch Content(The Tragic Clown having been one) and we got a bit of a look at new gameplay, objects and CAS Parts to come.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member
    Yeah it's disappointing to not know more after weeks if anticipation but I always try and look on the brightside. A sneak peek gives you *some* idea of what's coming in the next 2-3 months to plan ahead.
    I'm still eager and frustrated by the lack of any comment on toddlers etc but at least it's better than the absolute silence we have had since early Feb....
  • Options
    pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    I would totally love to have the coward and brave traits back that we had from TS3!
  • Options
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    Some people are acting as if this Teaser doesn't give us any information yet we got the theme for the upcoming GP and SP, we got some hints towards upcoming Patch Content(The Tragic Clown having been one) and we got a bit of a look at new gameplay, objects and CAS Parts to come.

We did get some information. It shows some things that might get patched in and it shows some things that are going to be for sale. Yet the players waiting for fixes for some things are still in the dark.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    The teaser was meant to inform us about the GP and SP themes. They could have simply said GP=restaurants, SP=kids pack. They chose to give us a teaser with hints about possible free patch stuff. Stop complaining.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,971 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    The teaser was meant to inform us about the GP and SP themes. They could have simply said GP=restaurants, SP=kids pack. They chose to give us a teaser with hints about possible free patch stuff. Stop complaining.
    You just opened a can of worms that you cannot even close.

Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2016
    This is why I don't speculate or get hyped up when EA announces things in game patches because most times it's just a disappointment. I don't understand why Simmers have to post in these forums, ''what are we getting in the patch'' post, get all hyped up for nothing-seriously, it was a disappointment to me!-as usual from EA. Wait until EA goes to EAplay to announce maybe something bigger-who knows-I'll check back later.

EA retweeted the "announcement" 15 sec trailer we got on their tweeter page anyway. EA did at least mention Sims 4 somewhere. They do not usually mention Sims 4 on EA news seeing it is MAXIS news. LOL - scroll down a bit to April 19th

https://twitter.com/EA

Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    bethlebellebethlebelle Posts: 139 Member
    It is a bit naff as we would say in Yorkshire, and my 15-year-old nerd self would have been infuriated with this offering. As an adult and after 7 years of disappointment from EA (basically from TS3 onwards), I just don't expect anything from them, and now I'm no longer disappointed (it's a sad way to have to look at it because I love to fangirl, but with EA that's just not possible). It's a good job, because the fact that they have only released 2 actual expansion packs in 2 years is laughable. I just go with the flow now. I'll be honest and say restaurants doesn't particularly interest me but if they do it right it could be great. A kids' SP is much more down my alley though, so I'll be interested in hearing more about that eventually.
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    It really is not your, or anyone's place, to tell others to "stop complaining".
    (and it's not your site.)

I think the 15 second trailer was a bit short, perhaps 30 seconds would've been better?
    :*
    Or they didn't want to reveal too much. :/
    I miss the days of more marketing hype for things, it gave more anticipation for what was ahead. :p
    But of course, it's just my view on things, so I don't need anyone telling me it's wrong, or "Stop", etc...
    If anything needs to "Stop", it's telling others to stop, just because you don't like or agree.
  • Options

I'm not sure who you were talking to and if it was me how about we make a deal. You can put a roof over my head, pay my bills and say you'll be responsible for my needs and then you get to tell me what I can say and not say....okay?

PS.....several recent Guru posts remind us all we can complain about the game but not the posters.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member

I'm not sure who you were talking to and if it was me how about we make a deal. You can put a roof over my head, pay my bills and say you'll be responsible for my needs and then you get to tell me what I can say and not say....okay?

PS.....several recent Guru posts remind us all we can complain about the game but not the posters.
    I guess they were adressing everybody here complaining? The post doesn't exactly explain to me why though. They could have done this, they did that, stop complaining? Doesn't make sense to me but this last week there's a vibe here that doesn't make sense to me anyway. The "hey I've chosen to be thrilled and excited and so should everybody else and if you don't you're wrong and ungrateful" vibe.
    5JZ57S6.png