Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We Waited 4 THAT "Announcement"?

Comments

• GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,614 Member
    Goodywood wrote: »
    klovesjen wrote: »
    @SimGuruDrake

Since my thread was closed I'm posting in this one - I want to clarify that I was not blaming Sim Guru Drake for anything - she was simply the one who let us know there would be an announcement so I replied to her. I certainly meant no offence nor anything personal. I was talking to Maxis.

For me the issue is not that a restaurant pack were confirmed or the kids stuff pack.

It's the silence about major missing features that maxis just seems bent on not talking about, even though it seems to be hurting the games reputation, future etc, not to mention EA itself.

I didn't even want a video. I wanted to know what was going to be done about all the bugs, why all the silence, plans for the future for sims 4.

Will it continue to be developed in the same way it is now with the shallow and broken gameplay? Will toddlers be added? Is generations type content in the works? Will anything ever be overhauled?

That's where I was coming from, I thought lines of communication might open in that sort of way and they haven't.

It's nice to see what's coming - video isn't my favourite format especially when it's so fast you can barely see anything.

I certainly was not expecting a large detailed video about upcoming packs or expansions. More like a, "we are going to stop acting the ways that have been upsetting to so many people, and here's why we did act that way" announcement

:(

Edited because misspelled a word

Completely agree @klovesjen . The silence is so frustating.

Ditto @Goodywood & @klovesjen. I feel much of the same frustration. Players want to know what happened with the promise of "a strong foundation capable of fulfilling all your desires." They can continue to say until the end of time, "we cannot discuss future content." The questions about major missing features and other issues with Sims 4 will continue until they finally address them. It's simply the way it is. They can continue to go the "can't discuss future content" path, but for as long as they do, the issues they refuse to address will still spawn new threads, continue long and sometimes contentious discussion in current threads, and will haunt and negatively impact the success of Sims 4. Continued indefinitely, I have serious concerns that this distressing lack of communication over these issues could not only cause the early demise of Sims 4 (I've seen rumors there will be only 1 EP this year), that this could be IT for the Sims franchise.

Exactly.

It's so sad @Cabelle1863 - it's almost hurtful, I suppose.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    I literally see the same thing EVERY game.

The Sims 4 will be around for 6 years. Maybe even longer, if they decide to stick with it. We are 19 months in. Still plenty of time for Seasons, Pets, Supernaturals, Toddlers, Harry Potter, Blues Clues, Wizard of Oz, Choc Chip Pancakes to be added.

I hope it's not. :( I'm waiting for Sims 5 in the hope they'll make a proper game again.
  • Isa_MenezesIsa_Menezes Posts: 101 Member
    > @Schantal said:
    > By Schantal: "No people are complaining because it was WEEKS with nothing and then finally something comes and it gave us literally no more info than we already knew (people already suspected restaurants). By this time in the Sims 3 we already had FOUR EXPANSIONS plus countless store items and stuff packs..... Also, if the majority of people are upset by it then that means something is clearly wrong. You clearly don't play other games because if you did you would know that there is no other game out right now where the developers do this in this way......you seem to have a major problem (judging by all your posts that I have seen) with people who feel differently than you. You would get a major reality check if you went to ANY other gaming forum such as LoL or Archeage because let me tell you something the people there are BRUTAL, this is toddlers play (no pun intended) compared to that......"

Regarding an answer SimGuruDrake gave to you (in a topic which was closed), Schantal, she said: "We know this type of teaser will not please everyone. Just like we know not everything we release will please everyone. But it will please those who do care for this type of sneak peak into what is coming." (on the topic "WHAT THE FRIG, SIMGURUDRAKE?", open by Klovesjen, at the page 7 - last comment), I just think they should be more careful about the Simmers and what they think.

"We know this type of teaser will not please everyone"? Come on, guys! If you know it, improve a little more the "teaser"! Add an image, or two, I don't know! Or at least prepare people to what they'll really get as info!

When she says: "I asked the community for insight into what they would like to see for pre-announcement info, additionally I've looked through fan sites, reddit, watched live streams, and YouTube videos to get even more insight from the community about this. Based on my research, and comments that were made in response to my inquiry post, it came down to key things that they wanted to know: the type of pack, the theme of the pack, and around the time they can expect news for the pack."...

Well, It's sounds (to me) like she's saying: "I asked you, you said it to me, it's your fault if you're not happy!". Whatta...?!!! NOT the best way to deal with consumers, really!

I ask myself if they didn't think about the possibility of frustrating so many Simmers by posting a 15 seconds video, the teaser. If they cannot say more about the product, why not, at least, to say something like: "guys, next tuesday we'll show you a 15 second video, just a teaser about what is coming. It's not an announcement, but we think you'll love it!". A simpler approach, direct and respectful. And if "the hype" was high, It was not the fault of Simmers.

And I want to make clear that I have nothing against SimGuruDrake or anyone else here. But I believe that they need to change a bit the way they face the frustrations of Simmers and assume their responsibilities for that. I think it is necessary that their attitudes change a little (my suggestion is that they need to be clearer about what kind of information we'll get; and complete the base game first: where are the toddlers?). The same excuses all the time does not make Simmers happier...
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Like many I too did say - THat's it?" when the 15 secs was over - but then I also realized that is really all Guru Drake said it was - was just a little peek at some of the stuff they were working on. So technically, whether people are happy or not - they delivered what they said they would. Where we sort of want a tea party dinner discussion. LOL.

We can call it a small step for Simmerkind, in the right direction anyway.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I won't lie and say I wanted to see more than the sneak peak however SGD didn't say it would be a full on announcement. She said it would be some information that they were excited to share with us. Personally, I think it does more good for us because even though it's a small window of what we're to expect within the next three months, at least it shows us what to be prepared for. So that way if you have your heart set on this or that at least you know not to get on the hype train because it won't be released within that 2-3 month time frame. Now if these two packs aren't your cup of tea it might mean you need to wait just a little longer to see what will become of July-Aug or July-Sept or however they plan to do it.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • jujuwahjujuwah Posts: 96 Member
    edited April 2016
    Call me crazy but i think the reason why the sims 4 is nothing about family and all about party and individual life is because they're trying to push this new "agenda" of being an individual, think about it since the start TS has been ALL about family and it was highly successful, easily one of THE best simulator games no competition there.
    The aspect of the game was family and still is to us, why don't they want that back? why are they refusing giving us a family gameplay? why are they trying to push the individual party life? seriously why?
    anybody have a reason? did EA talk about why are they denying us the family gameplay? hell they don't even talk about it, it's like they're scared of something, how hard is it for them to tell us their reason for the lack of family gameplay? did they tell us give up losers there will be no family gameplay like it used to be just move on and party, Nah, they'd rather stay silent on the matter

We all know including EA people or whatever they're called that once they release Generations,Pet,SN,Season and many more things WE THE PAYING CUSTOMERS WANT they'd swim in money.
    Anyone here think this is a good business? when you're used to give your customers amazing chocolate cake for years till you opened your 4th shop people came asking for even more better chocolate cake or even the same they give you dry lemon cake instead and when you ask them why they just look at you with no explanation -__- "Hello, are you deaf? i asked what happened to the great chocolate cake why are you giving me a dry lemon cake?" No Answer. REALLY?!
    they don't even have the guts to tell us hey guys there will be no family gameplay no generations no toddler no nothing you want so deal with it. nah nah silence is better

i mean if they're not trying to promote the individual life there is no explanation, they won't answer because they can't say *whispers* "Well, the thing is our boss is trying to push a new agenda called individual party life" Nope, they'd stay quite and keep giving us crap which ironically we pay for it :D (not me thought, you can figure out how i play this sucky game)
    You would think with each series the game should get better and better and that was the case till sims 4 came with it's crappy poor poor poor so poor gameplay. does that make any sense to anyone here? raise your hand!

Hell even people who don't play the sims agree that the sims 4 sucks big time. but they're amazed by the graphics just like us.

i rest my case B)
    tumblr_o45xj6Y6ew1tkowr1o3_1280.jpg
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    edited April 2016
    I'm not being funny but what's the point of voicing your opinion if your gonna get argued about it and it's always the same offenders? Rediclous. tumblr_m6jw05jTRF1qkdh9eo1_500.gif
    giphy_1.gif
  • SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    Didn't we ask for news though.. yes it's short, yes it could've been longer, but they said that every few months we're getting a tease on what's to come, not a full-out trailer, just a tease. We asked for that, we asked if we could get a small hint every few months to see what's coming, I understand the complaining about the length, but seriously. We got something we asked for.

Also, Pets & Seasons take the most time in developing, as a "long time" simmer you should know that by now. They always take longer than two years, if not three, we all want those packs back but the amount of animations and other aspects take much longer than creating new dance moves. We still have atleast four more years of Sims 4, i'm pretty sure we'll see those back.

Not saying people shouldn't have their opinions, I understand some of you, being dissapointed with the "amount" of news, but for others seriously being mad at the Guru's, please re-read their messages and statements, because you're blowing this up.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    @jcp011c2 Interesting points.

As I said in another thread, there was a chance that we would have not known about the announcement anyway so this could have been a surprise and maybe received a bit better.

Then again we would have not known that toddlers where confirmed as 'not right now' and thus their could have been an outrage right now rather than last week

I think the toddler thing is a whole separate issue to be honest. Sometimes it's so hard to tell how much of the subdued fan reaction (I refuse to label them haters or negatives because they do have a right to their opinion as much as it may stress them out) is because of a lack of toddlers/what we're getting isn't toddlers, or that they actually are not impressed with what they see. Alas, until we get news of toddlers we cannot even begin to separate the issues with that. I just wonder how much of the reaction would be the same if we did have toddlers in the game....it's all so jumbled because of toddlers. :(

Interesting reply.

I do wonder how many players really want toddlers. I know there are some very strong toddler players who really do want them but there are also a small few who say they want toddlers and say they refuse to play TS4 until toddlers are added but it is those players who I see sharing pictures of TS4 saying how much they love the new worlds and features without evening mentioning toddlers.

Do some players say that they want toddlers because they actually want them? Or are some just jumping on the 'lets all hate EA' bandwagon?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited April 2016
    jujuwah wrote: »
    Call me crazy but i think the reason why the sims 4 is nothing about family and all about party and individual life is because they're trying to push this new "agenda" of being an individual, think about it since the start TS has been ALL about family and it was highly successful, easily one of THE best simulator games no competition there.

First of all, I am a hardcore family player and I'm all for family play. That being said, the original Sims game (TS1) was nothing about family play. As a mater of fact, it was the most "individualistic" game of them all.

- There were no family trees or family relations for that matter. Sims who lived in the same household were considered part of the same family, but that's pretty much it. Family relations were not recorded, nor the fact that two sims were married to each other.

- Parent-child relationships did not exist. There was no indication in game that a certain kid was someone's child.

- Of course there were no toddlers either. There were no elders, teens or young adults either. Children remained children forever and there was no dying of old age.

Of course, I am aware this was the first sims game and I enjoyed it a lot back in its day. I'm not complaining about Ts1 either or saying that the fact that Ts1 did not have toddlers justifies the lack of toddlers in TS4 (because it doesn't). But I just wanted to point out that the original sims game was Definitely not geared towards families. I'm glad that changed with Ts2, and I hope they keep including family content in TS4 (IMO restaurants and kids' stuff is a step in the right direction).
  • SimsFanatic2688SimsFanatic2688 Posts: 222 Member
    I'm pretty sure it was made quiet clear that the video wasn't going to be an announcement. We know the themes of the stuff coming up but other than that we know nothing else so it wasn't an announcement.
  • mmoblitzmmoblitz Posts: 479 Member
    The teaser matched the game, underwhelming. I thought teasers are supposed to leave you wanting more? It had the opposite effect on me.
  • ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited April 2016
    klovesjen wrote: »
    @SimGuruDrake

Since my thread was closed I'm posting in this one - I want to clarify that I was not blaming Sim Guru Drake for anything - she was simply the one who let us know there would be an announcement so I replied to her. I certainly meant no offence nor anything personal. I was talking to Maxis.

For me the issue is not that a restaurant pack were confirmed or the kids stuff pack.

It's the silence about major missing features that maxis just seems bent on not talking about, even though it seems to be hurting the games reputation, future etc, not to mention EA itself.

I didn't even want a video. I wanted to know what was going to be done about all the bugs, why all the silence, plans for the future for sims 4.

Will it continue to be developed in the same way it is now with the shallow and broken gameplay? Will toddlers be added? Is generations type content in the works? Will anything ever be overhauled?

That's where I was coming from, I thought lines of communication might open in that sort of way and they haven't.

It's nice to see what's coming - video isn't my favourite format especially when it's so fast you can barely see anything.

I certainly was not expecting a large detailed video about upcoming packs or expansions. More like a, "we are going to stop acting the ways that have been upsetting to so many people, and here's why we did act that way" announcement

:(

Edited because misspelled a word

Completely agree @klovesjen . The silence is so frustating.

Ditto @Goodywood & @klovesjen. I feel much of the same frustration. Players want to know what happened with the promise of "a strong foundation capable of fulfilling all your desires." They can continue to say until the end of time, "we cannot discuss future content." The questions about major missing features and other issues with Sims 4 will continue until they finally address them. It's simply the way it is. They can continue to go the "can't discuss future content" path, but for as long as they do, the issues they refuse to address will still spawn new threads, continue long and sometimes contentious discussion in current threads, and will haunt and negatively impact the success of Sims 4. Continued indefinitely, I have serious concerns that this distressing lack of communication over these issues could not only cause the early demise of Sims 4 (I've seen rumors there will be only 1 EP this year), that this could be IT for the Sims franchise.

Exactly.

It's so sad @Cabelle1863 - it's almost hurtful, I suppose.

The thing is you're taking it as a personal slight, if it's hurtful. You really think they sit there during the brainstorming sessions and say "I know, let's offend as many simmers as possible by not putting in toddlers and not addressing their questions when they ask"? I doubt it. It's not meant personally. It was a business decision, made for all manner of reasons, none of which were to upset as many of the customers as possible.

Yes, the silence will cause more threads. That doesn't mean that people knowing full well that they'll never answer should make more and expect answers. That's you shouting into the wind. You have to accept that there will never be an answer forthcoming.

As for it being the demise of The Sims. Sincerely doubtful. After all, the absence of a lifestage doesn't appear to be. There's no reason that nobody answering their questions about said absence would be. It seems to be that it's a finiancially viable product. We all know that for reasons known only to the person involved that most people, even with objections, purchase the product anyway.

• ValandisValandis Posts: 2,008 Member
    I honestly believe if they distributed more surveys to more players of different ages, they'd get a more accurate idea of what the majority of simmers want. Everyone have been asking since The Sims 3 about more family play and non-party stuff and they kept going back to the party party party. I'm glad we're getting the children stuff pack and a dinner GP but I have no idea why they keep/kept focusing on that.

I'm bothered by the fact that they have been silent for so many weeks now about anything. I'm happy we got the teaser but that's not what I wanted. I thought we were getting a long News Post as to why they're using this "strategy" with news and announcements. Instead it's just "We're going to start with these short teasers every now and then" with no reason as to why.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Like many I too did say - THat's it?" when the 15 secs was over - but then I also realized that is really all Guru Drake said it was - was just a little peek at some of the stuff they were working on. So technically, whether people are happy or not - they delivered what they said they would. Where we sort of want a tea party dinner discussion. LOL.

We can call it a small step for Simmerkind, in the right direction anyway.
    I agree with that and now to see if that little openness can turn to bigger things. I am not disappointed with what was put out because it is just a game and sure I have a lot of time invested in this series but I also have time invested in other series as well and if this series is not hopping or happening I move to the next one like next month with Doom and, Overwatch and Battleborn.

Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited April 2016
    I'm a 10+ year "veteran" to this franchise and I'm not disappointed at all so please speak for yourself.

More importantly though; what does someone's length of time spent with the franchise have to do with anything? I don't believe someone who has been with the franchise from the beginning should be seen as being any more important than someone who only joined with TS2 / TS3 / TS4.

Seasons and Pets have historically always been one of the later expansion packs introduced so the fact they haven't been done yet doesn't automatically mean we're never going to see them. You might argue the frustration of having to re-buy content time and time again (and yeah, I find it frustrating at times - where other games innovate, introduce new gameplay and tell new stories with each iteration EA in general seems to stagnate) but this is what we as simmers knowingly sign up for at this point as it has been that way since TS1.
  • FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    edited April 2016
    Ugh.... It wasn't supposed to be an announcment in the first place- the guru's clearly said that it would show us the future of the series, which it did. Why do you keep hyping yourselves up for no reason? It is the very reason you were so disappointed in the first place.
  • ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited April 2016
    > @Schantal said:
    > By Schantal: "No people are complaining because it was WEEKS with nothing and then finally something comes and it gave us literally no more info than we already knew (people already suspected restaurants). By this time in the Sims 3 we already had FOUR EXPANSIONS plus countless store items and stuff packs..... Also, if the majority of people are upset by it then that means something is clearly wrong. You clearly don't play other games because if you did you would know that there is no other game out right now where the developers do this in this way......you seem to have a major problem (judging by all your posts that I have seen) with people who feel differently than you. You would get a major reality check if you went to ANY other gaming forum such as LoL or Archeage because let me tell you something the people there are BRUTAL, this is toddlers play (no pun intended) compared to that......"

Regarding an answer SimGuruDrake gave to you (in a topic which was closed), Schantal, she said: "We know this type of teaser will not please everyone. Just like we know not everything we release will please everyone. But it will please those who do care for this type of sneak peak into what is coming." (on the topic "WHAT THE FRIG, SIMGURUDRAKE?", open by Klovesjen, at the page 7 - last comment), I just think they should be more careful about the Simmers and what they think.

"We know this type of teaser will not please everyone"? Come on, guys! If you know it, improve a little more the "teaser"! Add an image, or two, I don't know! Or at least prepare people to what they'll really get as info!

When she says: "I asked the community for insight into what they would like to see for pre-announcement info, additionally I've looked through fan sites, reddit, watched live streams, and YouTube videos to get even more insight from the community about this. Based on my research, and comments that were made in response to my inquiry post, it came down to key things that they wanted to know: the type of pack, the theme of the pack, and around the time they can expect news for the pack."...

Well, It's sounds (to me) like she's saying: "I asked you, you said it to me, it's your fault if you're not happy!". Whatta...?!!! NOT the best way to deal with consumers, really!

I ask myself if they didn't think about the possibility of frustrating so many Simmers by posting a 15 seconds video, the teaser. If they cannot say more about the product, why not, at least, to say something like: "guys, next tuesday we'll show you a 15 second video, just a teaser about what is coming. It's not an announcement, but we think you'll love it!". A simpler approach, direct and respectful. And if "the hype" was high, It was not the fault of Simmers.

And I want to make clear that I have nothing against SimGuruDrake or anyone else here. But I believe that they need to change a bit the way they face the frustrations of Simmers and assume their responsibilities for that. I think it is necessary that their attitudes change a little (my suggestion is that they need to be clearer about what kind of information we'll get; and complete the base game first: where are the toddlers?). The same excuses all the time does not make Simmers happier...

She did. It's not verbatim, but the leak from The Sims Latin America happened, Thursday last week. People were building up to a full blown 'They aren't working on toddlers' which is what he'd said, more or less. On one of the threads that was complaining about it, she said something along the lines of:

It's not official unless it comes from EARS (she meant the leak). Next week, on the 19th, we'll give you a look at what's coming up in the next couple of months. It was supposed to be a surprise.

That was it. Nowhere did she say we were going to get full disclosure about what's happening with TS4 or why things had happened as they had. A day later there was a two or three threads all hyping 'the announcement', that it was going to be big and answer all our questions. All put out there by simmers. It was entirely the fault of simmers.

They're never going to be clearer about the sims 4 than they are right now, barring the teaser trailers. They can't talk about future content. Full Stop. The End. They've said it repeatedly. They've emphasised it plenty. People aren't listening. There's a difference.

• HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    I just wanna wake up and forget I was even addicted, loved or played this game.... the plum it would save me.
  • TessaLee74TessaLee74 Posts: 278 Member
    <iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/51638781?title=0&byline=0&quot; width="640" height="480" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>
    <p><a href=" and Stephen - I hog the ground</a> from <a href="https://vimeo.com/user10243346">matthew edginton</a> on <a href="https://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p&gt;
  • DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,761 Member
    JasonSim16 wrote: »
    I have seriously been trying to hang in there with my favorite game franchise ever...but it's starting to get disheartening. We'll see what the "Restaurant Pack" has to offer but it's starting to seem like the same things are being offered with slightly different animations. I am starting to give up on seasons, not to mention pets and toddlers. I suppose they're doing what's best for their company but it's just a little let down to 10+ year veteran Simmers. :-/
    geekchic96 wrote: »
    I agree with you whole-heartedly! I have been playing this game since I was a kid so The Sims holds a special place in my heart! But just everything so far that has been happening with this particular iteration has just got me shaking my head.

I agree with you both. I've playing this game for 15 years (omg) and It has a special place in my heart, especially since it's the only in-depth game I really play. I agree with the OP in that the same things are being offered. I mean, restaurants?? I feel like that could have been added in to GTW. I'm excited for the idea of a kids themed pack that appears to bring back the idea of monsters under the bed and more attention to family play.
    @geekchic96 you commented that they are just doing whats best for their business model, and that's true. I also wonder if I've just aged out of the demo who plays the game and they are trying to lure new money (younger players) into the franchise which is why I'm finding it harder and harder to relate to new EPs :/
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    @jcp011c2 Interesting points.

As I said in another thread, there was a chance that we would have not known about the announcement anyway so this could have been a surprise and maybe received a bit better.

Then again we would have not known that toddlers where confirmed as 'not right now' and thus their could have been an outrage right now rather than last week

I think the toddler thing is a whole separate issue to be honest. Sometimes it's so hard to tell how much of the subdued fan reaction (I refuse to label them haters or negatives because they do have a right to their opinion as much as it may stress them out) is because of a lack of toddlers/what we're getting isn't toddlers, or that they actually are not impressed with what they see. Alas, until we get news of toddlers we cannot even begin to separate the issues with that. I just wonder how much of the reaction would be the same if we did have toddlers in the game....it's all so jumbled because of toddlers. :(

Interesting reply.

I do wonder how many players really want toddlers. I know there are some very strong toddler players who really do want them but there are also a small few who say they want toddlers and say they refuse to play TS4 until toddlers are added but it is those players who I see sharing pictures of TS4 saying how much they love the new worlds and features without evening mentioning toddlers.

Do some players say that they want toddlers because they actually want them? Or are some just jumping on the 'lets all hate EA' bandwagon?

There's no doubt in my mind that there are some players who, as you said, just jumped on "just because".....but that shouldn't negate the players who desperately miss them.

Personally the only time I hitched a ride was to support the people who do want toddlers....for my games....I don't know if I'd ever use the toddler stage. The one exception would be if they decided to make toddlers much more interactive....more like TS2. With TS3 i played with them a few times and then got the "is that all there is" feeling and aged them up.

This game has a lot more problems than a missing life stage.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited April 2016
    I don't play families in this game all that much maybe one family with one kid now, since I can't stand the Sims don't care the baby is about to have a birthday like in the other games. I'm sure I would have more families in my game if there was a toddler stage. I know I would. However, toddlers aren't going to fix my problems with traits don't matter to personality(yes they might to a goal) and or reactions etc. Not enough.

And Sims playing musical chairs, and keep doing things for fun though fun is full, bother me more than the missing life stage right now. The lack of memory, critical thinking of the AI, I don't need my Sim to do something over, and over and over again to make me believe it's simulating life. No, people whose fun is full, and social is full actually don't engage in those things for awhile. I want the AI fixed more.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,452 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Isn't it great? They did give us something and we did want to know something. :mrgreen:

It was more of an announcement for an upcoming announcement. But, as some have said, at least it was something. Basically, they threw us a bone. A bare bone at that. (Trying very hard here not to get too negative, don't wish to be 'Debbie-Downer', you know?)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/