Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We Waited 4 THAT "Announcement"?

Comments

• BeatrixKiddo00BeatrixKiddo00 Posts: 11 New Member
    I'm sure I'll buy it because I'm OCD like that. But I am still really missing not having supernatural creatures like witches, vamps, etc. That and pets! I really loved Sims 3 but my game grew so bloated after so many generations and families that it's unplayable.
  • kphillips2977kphillips2977 Posts: 135 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    I literally see the same thing EVERY game.

The Sims 4 will be around for 6 years. Maybe even longer, if they decide to stick with it. We are 19 months in. Still plenty of time for Seasons, Pets, Supernaturals, Toddlers, Harry Potter, Blues Clues, Wizard of Oz, Choc Chip Pancakes to be added.

Oh no Blues Clues! I just had serious flashback of my children making me watch that and sing along with them XDD

Look only if the original Steve is in it. I had that flashback too lol...

There's a non-original Steve?!?

Sadly yes :( steve retired or w/e and then another guy took over. Lucky for me after he took over my kids lost interest in the show XD
    [img][/img]001701c.gif

• BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I've just written a carefully thought out reply to the "you guys asked for no silence, and this is what you do to the gurus?" thread, that is equally relevant here but I don't want to double-post myself.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • allieb312allieb312 Posts: 305 Member
    No. We waited for that 'Teaser Trailer' .
  • MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member

The Sims 4 will be around for 6 years. Maybe even longer, if they decide to stick with it. We are 19 months in. Still plenty of time for Seasons, Pets, Supernaturals, Toddlers, Harry Potter, Blues Clues, Wizard of Oz, Choc Chip Pancakes to be added.

Oh no Blues Clues! I just had serious flashback of my children making me watch that and sing along with them XDD

Aww I liked Joe.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,859 Member
    edited April 2016
    Did you know...that a teaser trailer is just that..it's meant to tease. The Star Wars teaser trailer dropped and stated "this December". No exact date mentioned (though it's somewhere online if you want to find it, it's NOT in the teaser trailer.) Considering that what we got yesterday was for a quarter rather than a year of information, I think the teaser trailer just showing what is due for the quarter is appropriate. It gives you a theme and you know what quarter it is in. Anything more than that could lead to broken promises and more forum uproar.

I'd much rather have this than the silence. More information is always appreciated, but this IS what we've got for the teasers....you can either be upset about it or you can be at peace knowing you'll know more on everything shown in the next three months. It actually matters little to anyone else how much self imposed stress and drama someone else is willing to put themselves through, but here we all are commenting on it anyways.

And this comes from someone who is definitely not in love with the Sims 4 and does feel let down by it....no rose colored glasses here. I have seen the truth tea. I just would rather sit back and drink it relaxingly.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @jcp011c2 Interesting points.

As I said in another thread, there was a chance that we would have not known about the announcement anyway so this could have been a surprise and maybe received a bit better.

Then again we would have not known that toddlers where confirmed as 'not right now' and thus their could have been an outrage right now rather than last week
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg

As I said in another thread, there was a chance that we would have not known about the announcement anyway so this could have been a surprise and maybe received a bit better.

Then again we would have not known that toddlers where confirmed as 'not right now' and thus their could have been an outrage right now rather than last week

I think the toddler thing is a whole separate issue to be honest. Sometimes it's so hard to tell how much of the subdued fan reaction (I refuse to label them haters or negatives because they do have a right to their opinion as much as it may stress them out) is because of a lack of toddlers/what we're getting isn't toddlers, or that they actually are not impressed with what they see. Alas, until we get news of toddlers we cannot even begin to separate the issues with that. I just wonder how much of the reaction would be the same if we did have toddlers in the game....it's all so jumbled because of toddlers. :(
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • MissyScabtreeMissyScabtree Posts: 81 Member
    I'm just now seeing the new video. I was so excited for them to finally announce something, but from what I seen it doesn't make me anticipate the new packs. Hopefully there will be more info as it gets closer for the packs to release :3

I've been so bored with S4 lately, I've been playing S3 and trying to complete challenges in the meantime.
    "Silence is the most powerful scream."
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »

I think the toddler thing is a whole separate issue to be honest. Sometimes it's so hard to tell how much of the subdued fan reaction (I refuse to label them haters or negatives because they do have a right to their opinion as much as it may stress them out) is because of a lack of toddlers/what we're getting isn't toddlers, or that they actually are not impressed with what they see. Alas, until we get news of toddlers we cannot even begin to separate the issues with that. I just wonder how much of the reaction would be the same if we did have toddlers in the game....it's all so jumbled because of toddlers. :(

I really agree with this. I find myself being a real negative-nancy about up coming packs due to lack of toddlers and I'm not even a family player!
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    klovesjen wrote: »
    @SimGuruDrake

Since my thread was closed I'm posting in this one - I want to clarify that I was not blaming Sim Guru Drake for anything - she was simply the one who let us know there would be an announcement so I replied to her. I certainly meant no offence nor anything personal. I was talking to Maxis.

For me the issue is not that a restaurant pack were confirmed or the kids stuff pack.

It's the silence about major missing features that maxis just seems bent on not talking about, even though it seems to be hurting the games reputation, future etc, not to mention EA itself.

I didn't even want a video. I wanted to know what was going to be done about all the bugs, why all the silence, plans for the future for sims 4.

Will it continue to be developed in the same way it is now with the shallow and broken gameplay? Will toddlers be added? Is generations type content in the works? Will anything ever be overhauled?

That's where I was coming from, I thought lines of communication might open in that sort of way and they haven't.

It's nice to see what's coming - video isn't my favourite format especially when it's so fast you can barely see anything.

I certainly was not expecting a large detailed video about upcoming packs or expansions. More like a, "we are going to stop acting the ways that have been upsetting to so many people, and here's why we did act that way" announcement

:(

Edited because misspelled a word

She didn't say there was going to be an announcement. She said we were going to get a look at what was coming over the next couple of months. That is what we got. Whether you like that or not is up to you.

They cannot talk about future content. They've said this implicitly, repeatedly. That isn't going to change, teaser trailer aside, which we'll get every 2 or 3 months. It's been said (and I can't be bothered to find little snippets at the moment) that they won't tell us what they're working on (it was more said in regards to toddlers) but won't say they're not going to do <feature> either. We won't know until the quarter until they release the teaser trailer for it (if they don't quit doing them because they're getting reactions like this everytime). So yes, the silence will continue.

Bugs happen. They'll fix some and introduce others. Some will get reintroduced along the way. Some they'll never fix (at least from prior experience)

Somebody decided silence was best. It doesn't seem to be changing, beyond the teasers and occasional conversation on the forums. Please note: In no way am I knocking the gurus for this. If I were them I'd want to tear my hair out and draw lots for who gets to go tell somebody whatever is coming isn't what they wanted.

See above about toddlers and generation content.

Doubtful. It depends on what you want overhauled, I guess.

You can play them again and again. Even pause them to see bit by bit. Videos are cool like that.

They're never going to explain or apologise for the silence and lack of news and any upset caused by it. There's little point hoping they will.

This is in no way stating you shouldn't state your opinion. I am for the most part a helpful (if sarcastic) person. I like to answer if I know the answer. I'm also way too cynical and logical for my own good. I apologise for any offence I've caused in this post.
  • DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member

There's a non-original Steve?!?

Sadly yes :( steve retired or w/e and then another guy took over. Lucky for me after he took over my kids lost interest in the show XD

Serious flashback! When I was child I used to love Blues Clues. I also remember being so upset that the original Steve left the show that I stopped watching it and never did afterwards.
  • mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    edited April 2016
    Arletta wrote: »
    They're never going to explain or apologise for the silence and lack of news and any upset caused by it. There's little point hoping they will.

just to give an idea why silence like this happens with most AAA companies:

1. Your workers are likely working on more features than will ever be in the finished product. A lot of the things break irreparably, other things get simplified and changed based on in-house tester feedback. If a feature is more than 3 months away, it's likely far from finished. If you announced it and later down the line it got changed from what was advertised you are going to get some seriously angry customers. you don't want that.
    2. Laws were already mentioned by sim gurus. They can not announce any paid content that will not be done by the time the quarter is over and they can pretty much not announce any free patches at all that are not coming out immediately.
    3. Copyright issues, especially if you're still applying for copyright for songs that you're re-recording in simlish, or name of your product. If anything is still up for consideration announcing it will get you into trouble.
    4. Lastly any competition lurking nearby. If they catch a glimpse of what you're doing and do it better and earlier you tend to sell less. That's why a lot of products even enter betas and are still under NDA agreements.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Schantal wrote: »
    geekchic96 wrote: »
    I agree with you whole-heartedly! I have been playing this game since I was a kid so The Sims holds a special place in my heart! But just everything so far that has been happening with this particular iteration has just got me shaking my head. You'd think EA would learn by now on how to market their games correctly and what to do and not to do. This teaser/announcement/whatever it is was, in my opinion, was unnecessary it could have easily been said in a few tweets and screenshots. They could have also told us released this video ages ago or told us this information a lot sooner without being vague and cryptic about what the packs were.

They just came up with this way of releasing teaser so they couldn't have "done it a lot sooner". That's what teasers are vague and cryptic. I swear people complain they aren't getting any news, they get some, and they still complain.

All of that tiny bit of information that was in the video could have easily, like I said, been put out in a tweet by the official sims 4 twitter months ago. We should not, as paying costumers, wait months just for a teaser. And I was not saying that the teaser was being vague and cryptic the gurus on twitter were with their hashtag game.

And about your little dig at me for complaining, I have not once come on this forum and complained about the lack of news because honestly I don't care that much and even if I did @AquaSimmer1212 I am free to complain as much or as little as I want because I am providing feedback on a game that I have spent a lot of money on and that I want to see be successful.

First of all I never said YOU personally were complaining. I said people, whether or not you added yourself to that group was up to you. Which you obviously did, so good for you.

First of all I don't want any type of praises from you. Second of all that complaining that you seem to dislike so much is what makes things good Endless praises aren't what make improvements to any product at all. Which is the main reason why Get Together was delayed because of peoples complaints. It was improved because of them. Just think about that next time before you start making snide remarks about complaints.

There's a difference between complaining about a 2+ minute launch trailer and a 15 second teaser trailer. And I didn't make any snide remarks as you say, but w.e. think what you want. I really don't care.

There is no difference at all @AquaSimmer1212 none. 2 minutes, 2 hours, 15 seconds it doesn't matter. People are expressing their dissatisfaction and/or their praise no matter what. Last time I checked there was no rule on what a paying customer could expresses their feedback on. And a snide remark is when you make an underhanded statement in an indirect way about someone that is mocking or derogatory and I quote
    I swear people complain they aren't getting any news, they get some, and they still complain.

Are you done? Because I am with this conversation. Bottom line is, people shouldn't be complaining about something they asked for just because it was exactly how they envisioned it to be. End of discussion.

Lol, so you basically go off on others for expressing their opinion of being upset and then you get mad when they respond to your rude posts? Ok, that makes total sense..... ;) .

And your point of bringing up old stuff makes sense because?? I never got mad at her responses. I was simply trying to explain to her that people were complaining about something they wanted in the first place. I don't care if people complain, but I don't see a point in complaining about something you wanted.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

And your point of bringing up old stuff makes sense because?? I never got mad at her responses. I was simply trying to explain to her that people were complaining about something they wanted in the first place. I don't care if people complain, but I don't see a point in complaining about something you wanted.
    Number rule of the internet. Complaining about complaining will always end in a viscous cycle of negativity.

Anyway as the forum rules say: "- No Flaming. No Trolling. Flaming is intentionally posting hurtful, insulting, or harassing messages to others. Trolling is deliberately posting sarcastic, off topic, or rude remarks in order to incite a fight on the boards. Take the high road and be polite. Respect others even if their opinions differ from yours. If you disagree with someone, you are free to do so politely, but please don't make it personal."
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    Scobre wrote: »

Number rule of the internet. Complaining about complaining will always end in a viscous cycle of negativity.

Anyway as the forum rules say: "- No Flaming. No Trolling. Flaming is intentionally posting hurtful, insulting, or harassing messages to others. Trolling is deliberately posting sarcastic, off topic, or rude remarks in order to incite a fight on the boards. Take the high road and be polite. Respect others even if their opinions differ from yours. If you disagree with someone, you are free to do so politely, but please don't make it personal."

I wasn't trying to start a fight or being rude...but that's how they made it out to be. But I don't care anymore. I'm gonna take my nice self and talk to others who understand what I'm saying. And thanks for blaming me for this Scobre :/

Suddenly this thread got all scary_popcorn.gif
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    Suddenly this thread got all scary_popcorn.gif

Lol B)

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited April 2016

I wasn't trying to start a fight or being rude...but that's how they made it out to be. But I don't care anymore. I'm gonna take my nice self and talk to others who understand what I'm saying. And thanks for blaming me for this Scobre :/
    I wasn't blaming. There just has been a lot of tension on forums past few days. More like reminding and I know no one is perfect. I've had my moments of frustration too, so no worries. I just figure it's kind of pointless to stress on the opinions of others. We can't change what others think. Each person is unique and has their own likes and dislikes. Pretty much we are all Simmers and should feel welcomed to post on forums, that's all. Honestly all it looks like to me is reading two people disagreeing with each other, that's all.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    Scobre wrote: »

I wasn't blaming. There just has been a lot of tension on forums past few days. More like reminding and I know no one is perfect. I've had my moments of frustration too, so no worries. I just figure it's kind of pointless to stress on the opinions of others. We can't change what others think. Each person is unique and has their own likes and dislikes. Pretty much we are all Simmers and should feel welcomed to post on forums, that's all.

I don't know why I try sometimes. But now I know better....

• Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Yesterday was soooo lame
    21mbz47.jpg
  • GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,612 Member
    @SimGuruDrake

Since my thread was closed I'm posting in this one - I want to clarify that I was not blaming Sim Guru Drake for anything - she was simply the one who let us know there would be an announcement so I replied to her. I certainly meant no offence nor anything personal. I was talking to Maxis.

For me the issue is not that a restaurant pack were confirmed or the kids stuff pack.

It's the silence about major missing features that maxis just seems bent on not talking about, even though it seems to be hurting the games reputation, future etc, not to mention EA itself.

I didn't even want a video. I wanted to know what was going to be done about all the bugs, why all the silence, plans for the future for sims 4.

Will it continue to be developed in the same way it is now with the shallow and broken gameplay? Will toddlers be added? Is generations type content in the works? Will anything ever be overhauled?

That's where I was coming from, I thought lines of communication might open in that sort of way and they haven't.

It's nice to see what's coming - video isn't my favourite format especially when it's so fast you can barely see anything.

I certainly was not expecting a large detailed video about upcoming packs or expansions. More like a, "we are going to stop acting the ways that have been upsetting to so many people, and here's why we did act that way" announcement

Completely agree @klovesjen . The silence is so frustating.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    Goodywood wrote: »
    @SimGuruDrake

Completely agree @klovesjen . The silence is so frustating.

Ditto @Goodywood & @klovesjen. I feel much of the same frustration. Players want to know what happened with the promise of "a strong foundation capable of fulfilling all your desires." They can continue to say until the end of time, "we cannot discuss future content." The questions about major missing features and other issues with Sims 4 will continue until they finally address them. It's simply the way it is. They can continue to go the "can't discuss future content" path, but for as long as they do, the issues they refuse to address will still spawn new threads, continue long and sometimes contentious discussion in current threads, and will haunt and negatively impact the success of Sims 4. Continued indefinitely, I have serious concerns that this distressing lack of communication over these issues could not only cause the early demise of Sims 4 (I've seen rumors there will be only 1 EP this year), that this could be IT for the Sims franchise.