Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lines of communication are opening up YAY!

Comments

• Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I wonder if we will know what content will come in May, June AND July. It would be odd if that "couple months" only meant May and June. I bet that if the announcement will include July, it will be about the next expansion pack :)
  • Options
    JenpantsJenpants Posts: 58 Member
    > @jackjack_k said:
    > @Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    >
    > I kind of feel like this decision was unplanned, and made as a result of the unrest of the fans.
    >
    > If so, good.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hopefully EA are letting them speak. I mean, the fact employees are scared of being fired from EA (EA are the ones who do the marketing for FB pages etc) for teasing content is just insane.

That's what happens when you sell your soul to the devil :pensive:
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    Maybe it's something big enough to reel me back to The Sims 4...I've been taking advantage of my The Sims 3 and becoming even more grateful for it since our losses with the 4th edition! Please give me news that will bring me back to The Sims 4....
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    I have never seen any other gaming company mistreat their customers in this way and the customers when given a pat just go jelly.. I am with RFlong as this is just another excuse and in my opinion the whole opening up is because the game isn't bringing in the revenue they had hope. The cash cow is drying up..( and there is those lawsuits, sorry I do read the news).

I have been lurking in the forums to see about any content that is actual gameplay and not some MMO and mobile app quests. It has been awhile since anything has come up. I have been reading updates to see if any bugs are getting fixed that has been too long in game. So this we are opening up says something totally different to me after years of hiding in the shadows (The game news and open non communications). And there is the business aspect of it all. If anyone knows business that in itself speaks volumes....

So, I will go back to lurking once a week and wait. But I do thank EA and Maxis for teaching me to appreciate other gaming companies that do communicate with their customers.. Because once I took it for granted.

• Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    That is how I feel as well gamekitten, that it seems like others are practically begging for some little piece of news like a dog begging for a bone, and then when they finally get some , it is like a drop of water has fallen on them in a desert, and they just can not wait for another drop of water, it is insane, I for one was almost like that, but then I figured it out, that they are making us wait so long to see what our reaction will be, I will say I am no longer going to fall for it, If this happens again where we do not hear anything, I will just go back to Sims 2 & 3 and play those for awhile again like I have been doing, and not give Sims 4 another thought the next time, I am not going to make myself sick with worry, just because EA and Maxis can not seem to say what is going on, they say its legal issues, I say Excuses, and by the way gamekitten, I just LUV that cute little picture you got there, she is so cute, made me smile, :).
  • Options
    snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    I'm happy to know that we will be getting SOMETHING. It's been far too long with no news.
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited April 2016
    I will be very mad if what @SimGuruDrake said has to be taken literally "content coming for the next couple of months". It NEEDS to include May, June & July. If July is included, I bet that that month they will release an expansion pack. If so, YESSSSS WE WILL KNOW THE THEME OF THE THIRD EP FINALLY!!! :lol:
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    I bet they are going to announce that they have an announcement. lol. Then don't tell us anything until June...well at least they announced they have something to say sooner or later...
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    I bet they are going to announce that they have an announcement. lol. Then don't tell us anything until June...well at least they announced they have something to say sooner or later...

I would say you were really underwhelmed with the news of an announcement but I think back to the ask a Guru threads and I completely understand.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    NatKingSimNatKingSim Posts: 757 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I kind of feel like this decision was unplanned, and made as a result of the unrest of the fans.

If so, good.

That's been happening a lot lately. Toddler discussion gets out of hand and we get a toddler idea thread stickied to the top by a guru. @Orchid13 vents her frustration with retail system and we get a thread about improving retail (though only performance and not new features)

But that's the way it should be. We should have some communication about our issues and have some idea about what's coming.

I'm not expecting much but knowing what's going to be happening the next couple months will be nice.

I agree with this!
    bI7Zx0.gif
    Download below
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Schantal wrote: »
    I kind of feel like this decision was unplanned, and made as a result of the unrest of the fans.

If so, good.

I don't think it was a coincidence that she decided to release this statement after the "leak" from Latom......

Actually she said she didn't want to release this info until next week with her excited gif like she said she would. And she also said that they had already planned to release info about upcoming packs before this mishap happened.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    I agree 100% as well, I do No CC now, I was into CC the first year, but that stopped when My game kept having to be reinstalled cause updates kept messing with the CC , so I do not count on CC to make My creations look good, I do it myself, then I can pat myself on the back and say good job you did well, I wont talk about the toddler issue, cause it only frustrates me, :) .
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    I agree 100% as well, I do No CC now, I was into CC the first year, but that stopped when My game kept having to be reinstalled cause updates kept messing with the CC , so I do not count on CC to make My creations look good, I do it myself, then I can pat myself on the back and say good job you did well, I wont talk about the toddler issue, cause it only frustrates me, :) .

Are you talking about 4? That's another reason I don't rely on mods to fix things. I hate hunting down updates once or twice a month. I didn't really use mods in 3 till after it was finished.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I played Sims 2 with CC's, but had to stop because they were messing up my game as well. I still remember those big beautiful CC hats from Sims 2. I had downloaded a few of them. And when I went to make a sim wear one of those hats. Their hat, and their hair would disappear. So now I'm very reluctant to play The Sims with CC's anymore. And that's a shame because I have seen some really nice CC outfits and hairstyles that I really like. :(
  • Options
    Yes I was talking about Sims 4, I play CC on Sims 2 with no problems, but 4 always crashed My game, so until it is Fixed completely, I wont use CC no more in Sims 4.
  • Options

Are you talking about 4? That's another reason I don't rely on mods to fix things. I hate hunting down updates once or twice a month. I didn't really use mods in 3 till after it was finished.
    And this is why that I don't play with mods in The Sims anymore either. :(

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    gamekitten wrote: »
    I have never seen any other gaming company mistreat their customers in this way and the customers when given a pat just go jelly.. I am with RFlong as this is just another excuse and in my opinion the whole opening up is because the game isn't bringing in the revenue they had hope. The cash cow is drying up..( and there is those lawsuits, sorry I do read the news).

I have been lurking in the forums to see about any content that is actual gameplay and not some MMO and mobile app quests. It has been awhile since anything has come up. I have been reading updates to see if any bugs are getting fixed that has been too long in game. So this we are opening up says something totally different to me after years of hiding in the shadows (The game news and open non communications). And there is the business aspect of it all. If anyone knows business that in itself speaks volumes....

So, I will go back to lurking once a week and wait. But I do thank EA and Maxis for teaching me to appreciate other gaming companies that do communicate with their customers.. Because once I took it for granted.

Tbh I kind of agree with this.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    gamekitten wrote: »

How is opening up because of the sales on The Sims have dropped greatly these days an excuse? Even RF had admitted that they had read more into this than what was actually said in the official statement.

• Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    Just popping in to say 5 days to go!!!

Also to thank mostly everyone for keeping what was intended to be a positive thread positive :D
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    Yes it is nice to see more positive then negative on this thread, thank you as well, :) .
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    My guess is that it's the result of fewer and fewer people actually playing TS4. Since it's tied to Origin, they can easily track that.

This is the result of my communication with all of you and your desires to know what to expect. This isn't something that just happened in a day, it has been in the works and had always been planned to go out on that date :)

It would be nice if the team that works on the game could open the lines of communications though. You've said plenty of times you don't handle that area. I know many people appreciate you coming here, but some of us want direct information about the game and as long as you keep this same policy the problem wont get solved.

The thing I really wonder is if they will be opening 'the lines of communication' about important subjects such as toddlers too. I doubt it.

I don't even agree with the statement in the first place. I don't think SimGuruDrake is "opening the lines" of communication. She is doing the same thing all gurus have been doing on Twitter, but in the forums. We never get real information. They announce a SP a week before selling it, announce GPs two weeks before selling them. I won't even mention EPs , because they seem to have the most unorganized team working on them. It gets delayed, it has a thousand bugs, trailers are misguiding (GTW) , they don't seem to be about popular demand (GT was a risk) , we've had 2 expansion packs and only one included a decent world. I'm sorry but in GTW you can totally tell the game wasnt executed properly.

SPs are pretty good though. I feel like they have a good team working on them, but SPs can't, well, shouldn't be the game's strong suit.

It's always been like this in sims trailers for as long as I can remember. They had to start putting "not all video representative of actual gameplay" a the bottom of their trailers starting at seasons or supernatural because people were throwing fits talking about suing for false advertisement.

Get to work was extremely half baked, Definitely agree there. The game packs have all been amazing quality for great prices, but like you said a stuff pack shouldn't be the games strong suit, neither should a game pack.

Expansion packs should be what the game sells most of and should get most advertisement. But so far we've got a half baked expansion and one nobody asked for. However I will cut Get Together some slack because it wound up getting some of the best praise and reviews since packs from sims 2. It was a very successful pack, but the advertisement for it was awful.

Still if what I understood was correct they will announce all of their plans/content for the next couple months. That is a bold move and something we've all wanted like from sims 2 days. If i recall correctly you would always know the next expansion pack while the first was being worked on for sims 3, but I joined after showtime.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Expansion packs should be what the game sells most of and should get most advertisement. But so far we've got a half baked expansion and one nobody asked for. However I will cut Get Together some slack because it wound up getting some of the best praise and reviews since packs from sims 2. It was a very successful pack, but the advertisement for it was awful.

Not to nitpick or anything, but where are people getting this whole "best EP reception since TS2" bit from?

I've just looked up some reviews on it, and I'm seeing some TS3 EPs have not only sold more than it, but have gotten better reviews. Additionally, it seems bigger sites like IGN didn't even bother to review it, whereas they've reviewed many TS3 packs in the past.

Seems like it's more or less the same than anything else. I praise the developers for finally including some sandbox play content in TS4, but the EP itself wasn't that strong in my eyes.
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    My guess is that it's the result of fewer and fewer people actually playing TS4. Since it's tied to Origin, they can easily track that.

This is the result of my communication with all of you and your desires to know what to expect. This isn't something that just happened in a day, it has been in the works and had always been planned to go out on that date :)

It would be nice if the team that works on the game could open the lines of communications though. You've said plenty of times you don't handle that area. I know many people appreciate you coming here, but some of us want direct information about the game and as long as you keep this same policy the problem wont get solved.

The thing I really wonder is if they will be opening 'the lines of communication' about important subjects such as toddlers too. I doubt it.

I don't even agree with the statement in the first place. I don't think SimGuruDrake is "opening the lines" of communication. She is doing the same thing all gurus have been doing on Twitter, but in the forums. We never get real information. They announce a SP a week before selling it, announce GPs two weeks before selling them. I won't even mention EPs , because they seem to have the most unorganized team working on them. It gets delayed, it has a thousand bugs, trailers are misguiding (GTW) , they don't seem to be about popular demand (GT was a risk) , we've had 2 expansion packs and only one included a decent world. I'm sorry but in GTW you can totally tell the game wasnt executed properly.

SPs are pretty good though. I feel like they have a good team working on them, but SPs can't, well, shouldn't be the game's strong suit.

It's always been like this in sims trailers for as long as I can remember. They had to start putting "not all video representative of actual gameplay" a the bottom of their trailers starting at seasons or supernatural because people were throwing fits talking about suing for false advertisement.

Get to work was extremely half baked, Definitely agree there. The game packs have all been amazing quality for great prices, but like you said a stuff pack shouldn't be the games strong suit, neither should a game pack.

Still if what I understood was correct they will announce all of their plans/content for the next couple months. That is a bold move and something we've all wanted like from sims 2 days. If i recall correctly you would always know the next expansion pack while the first was being worked on for sims 3, but I joined after showtime.

I heavily disagree with you on Get to Work being halfbaked. It is in fact on of my favorite expansion packs in the sims from sims 1 to Sims 4, and its gameplay is somethign that I love playing with whenever I open the sims. My only wish is that they did a gamepack adding to the potential careers, and maybe giving us a Get to School pack, based on GTW.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    liliaeth wrote: »

I heavily disagree with you on Get to Work being halfbaked. It is in fact on of my favorite expansion packs in the sims from sims 1 to Sims 4, and its gameplay is somethign that I love playing with whenever I open the sims. My only wish is that they did a gamepack adding to the potential careers, and maybe giving us a Get to School pack, based on GTW.

You're free to disagree, I just do not like the goal orientated careers.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options

Not to nitpick or anything, but where are people getting this whole "best EP reception since TS2" bit from?

I've just looked up some reviews on it, and I'm seeing some TS3 EPs have not only sold more than it, but have gotten better reviews. Additionally, it seems bigger sites like IGN didn't even bother to review it, whereas they've reviewed many TS3 packs in the past.

Seems like it's more or less the same than anything else. I praise the developers for finally including some sandbox play content in TS4, but the EP itself wasn't that strong in my eyes.
    They are getting that from a matter of personal opinion. It wouldn't be any different than you would be saying that another Sims Pack was the best Sims Pack since Sims 2, and them disagreeing with you on that. If you had stated that.