Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happen in your game today/most recently?

Comments

• Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I had a little bit of time to play before Christmas dinner. I have a megahood, which means all the Maxis characters live in one world. I love it, because it adds a lot of fun to have them all interact with each other. I played the Bell household from Desiderata Valley. Hannah wanted another child, which ended up being twins! Malcolm and Nisha, they're super cute. Hannah's sister, Sharon, moved out, and got her own place. She was pregnant by one of her friends with benefits, Don Lothario, and wanted the freedom of her own home. Shortly after moving in, Sharon gave birth to her daughter, Janelle.
  • Options
    vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    @Cabelle1863 - The megahood sounds like so much fun. What a great idea for a future play idea! Sounds like a lot is going on with the Bell family at the moment :p
  • Options
    Well I managed to find a bit of time to play today. I was able to play the Spring rotation of the Spurrier family. Allison is working her way up to be a crime scene investigator and Tyler is a Deep Sea Excavator. They have one kid and one toddler. Dana turned into a kid this rotation and is a very active child. She loves sports and fitness in general. Lyndsey turned into a toddler and just mastered walking - up next is talking.

In other news - the eight families of Bearcreek are done having children now (unless there is an accidental child). The gender of the children is heavily skewed. They had a total of 12 girls to 7 boys. Guess there will be a lot of townie marriages with this first generation :p !
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    I recreated Ts1 neighborhood. Betty and Bob just had Brandi a few weeks ago. She's just aged to child. Bob has been working his butt off to try to get a promotion.They need the money to buy Brandi a bed. She's been sleeping with Betty the last few nights (she's obviously outgrown her crib). Poor Bob has been sleeping on the sofa.

And then things got interesting...last night Bob passed away in his sleep. He had the flu and had not been resting properly so that must have killed him. Now Betty and Brandi are broke and living on welfare...
  • Options
    SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    I recreated Ts1 neighborhood. Betty and Bob just had Brandi a few weeks ago. She's just aged to child. Bob has been working his butt off to try to get a promotion.They need the money to buy Brandi a bed. She's been sleeping with Betty the last few nights (she's obviously outgrown her crib). Poor Bob has been sleeping on the sofa.

And then things got interesting...last night Bob passed away in his sleep. He had the flu and had not been resting properly so that must have killed him. Now Betty and Brandi are broke and living on welfare...

I didn't know that adults could sleep in the same beds as children.

Sorry about Bob.
  • Options
    slynnskislynnski Posts: 2,316 Member

Brandi's 'Broke' without even needing to marry Skip! :D
  • Options
    I started an asylum challenge and played that all day today. So far 5 sims have died, leaving just three left, including the sim I am controlling. Her name is Erin, and her lifetime want is to reach the top of the architect career. She is making slow progress, unfortunately. It took her almost a sim week to find her job in the paper, and as many times she's been promoted, she's been demoted about half as much because I keep getting bad chance cards. I'm at 21 days already, and I don't think she's even halfway up the ladder yet. By the time I finish, I will probably have a negative score, but I don't care because I am having so much fun. :D
  • Options

I didn't know that adults could sleep in the same beds as children.

Sorry about Bob.

It may be a mod! I have ACR and Inteen installed :)
  • Options
    slynnski wrote: »
    I started an asylum challenge and played that all day today. So far 5 sims have died, leaving just three left, including the sim I am controlling. Her name is Erin, and her lifetime want is to reach the top of the architect career. She is making slow progress, unfortunately. It took her almost a sim week to find her job in the paper, and as many times she's been promoted, she's been demoted about half as much because I keep getting bad chance cards. I'm at 21 days already, and I don't think she's even halfway up the ladder yet. By the time I finish, I will probably have a negative score, but I don't care because I am having so much fun. :D

Lol I don't know what's the deal with chance cards lately! I only get bad ones too! The asylum challenge sounds like so much fun; I have to try it sometime! Be careful with those ghosts because they may scare your remaining sims to desth (specially those you're not controlling since their needs may be lower) lol
  • Options

Lol I don't know what's the deal with chance cards lately! I only get bad ones too! The asylum challenge sounds like so much fun; I have to try it sometime! Be careful with those ghosts because they may scare your remaining sims to desth (specially those you're not controlling since their needs may be lower) lol

Yes, at least two of those five sims were actually scared to death by the first sim's ghost. :D

My controlled sim has been scared quite a few times, but not enough to die, thankfully. And since she is a knowledge sim, it's a positive memory, not a bad one. :D

It does make maintaining needs trickier though. My sim will have near perfect needs near bedtime, then a ghost will scare her and tank some of them. So I go to tend to those needs, and in the process, give up the only remaining bed left in the asylum. It's sooo frustrating, but so fun. I suggest you try it!
  • Options

The chance cards I've been getting lately have also been awful. I'm always getting fired, demoted or losing simoleons. Must be something in the Sim water ;) !!
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Been a while since I have updated

Well almost all of the original Pleasantview Sims have passed away except Cassandra Goth, Brandi Broke and Malcolm Landgraab.

Most of the second generation have come out of college and married. Alexander Goth married Carrie Robbins (townie teen that was sent to college) I originally planned on him marrying Lucy Burb. When I moved Lucy, Beau Broke, Alexander and Carrie in the same dorm Beau decided to make his move and immediately flirted with Lucy and started the crush. I let them stay together. Their wedding will be today. Dirk and Lilith are married. Dustin and Angela are married.

College Drama

Dana Goth (dina and mortimers daughter) is still in school. She has been sleeping around but is in love with Frances J Worthington. Gillian Jacquet(Gilbert Jacquet and Beatrice(random townie) daughter) has been sleeping around as well but in love with Skip Broke(the surprise Brandi baby) Jase Armstrong has no intention of settling down and is sleeping with all the girls in the dorm, Dana, Gillian, Marsha Wyatt(rand college sim) and a few others.

Daniel Pleasant Jr. is sleeping with a few along with Dora one of the Tricou kids who will become a vampire. Nicolo Lothario (Nina and Don's son) sleeping with many. Jessica Burb(Lucy's sister) is happily dating Eddie Dunn (rand townie teen). Fiona (Don Lothario and Florence Delarosa daughter) is sleeping with a few even slept with Skip Broke once. She is in love with Jase Armstrong who may not ever settle down and Mark Ford(random teen townie) Mark is tired of watching her sleep around so he started a relationship with a dorm mate. Things got really interesting. I am curious to see how their story will end up.

Bella Dreamer(Cass and Darren's daughter) is in love with Mitch Indie. Mitch loves her but has a thing for Delilah Ofeefe. They have slept together once but Delilah is in love with Edwin Sharpe and wants to stay faithful to him now. Bella's younger brother Derek is secretly sleeping with one of her best friends and dormmate Vicki Huff(teen townie). He is truly in love with Hazel Woods but Hazel is in love with Malcolm Landgraab V(malcolm son). Hazel is going to be a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 star so the Landgraab family wants him to have nothing to do with her. We will see how that plays out. Marlene(Malcom's twin sister) has her hands full trying to keep Alton McKenzie from cheating on her. Max Factor is dating Bella's other best friend Opal Raymond(no drama and they are happy for now.)
  • Options
    @keekee53 It sounds like you have a teenage soap opera going on! I imagine it is a lot of fun for you to play. Keep us updated. :)
  • Options
    @keekee53 - Sounds like your Sims are thoroughly enjoying the WooHoo :D ! I don't think I'd be able to keep up with your Sims there is a ton going on...sounds super fun though I hope you keep updating. I enjoyed your story.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    I have just finished the Spring rotation of my eight families (hurrah)...

The Adams family is the last family in the rotation. Jarred is a Junior Executive at BearCreek Tug Boats and Leah works as a dance instructor and BearCreek Dance Studio. They are creative types so there is a lot of arts and music that goes on in the house. Both their children are now kids. Sabrina is the first born and enjoys pottery, sewing and crafts in general. Ian is the youngest and enjoys fantasy books and movies.

I'm now going to be moving onto the Summer rotation for each of the eight families. I will probably be focusing on each kids hobbies as well as building relationships with one another (we will see which ones develop crushes on one another and which ones get along). This and the next rotation will probably be fairly uneventful as it will just be 1st generation children growing up.

Up next is the Gannon family. They currently consist of one child and twin toddlers. The toddlers will be growing up into the next life stage during the summer rotation.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    oh I love to leave the thread and come back to see so many updates I have not been playing obsessively...like I would in the past heh, so nothing much has happened I'll have to supplement it with a story.

Don is a changed man, in not so many ways he doesn't believe it himself he's been enjoying work a little more doing well too, working on building his skills to prove he's reliable to the higher ups. Snagging a promotion, via a chance card, he comes home exhausted but it's a nice feeling. He spends a lot of time with Mortimer and Alexander becoming good friends with them, which is mostly odd as he could say he's used guys to get close to their girls in the past but for once he was looking to be friendly with them. While the money is already for Cassandra he hasn't let her pay for anything when he found out she was pregnant he was nervous. Thinking he should run while he could, then she smiled at him he told himself that being tied down was just getting to him he had every opportunity to invite over any one of his side ladies but he hasn't thought much about them since he married Cassie. Well that's not entirely true, he thought about inviting them over so he could break up with them they were used up past their prime. At least that's what he convinced himself of but for once he's happy right where he is, then Nathan was born, he worries about changing diapers hoping to avoid that but for what it's worth he adores his son, life is good and he doesn't even need an extra lady to make it work.

Here's hoping it stays that way.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    Small update because I never experienced this before...

Beau Broke and Lucy Burb married and went on an Island Honeymoon. They took a Helicopter tour. During the tour they found a map to a mysterious hut. So the next day they went to the hut and found a witch doctor. I never even knew there was a witch doctor or a secret place at the islands. The witch doctor was sad because he couldn't receive guests because everything was broken. Beau had high mechanical skills so he fixed everything. The witch doctor was pleased and gave him Mr Mickles a voodoo doll as a gift. So Beau is excited and wanted to be friends with the witch doctor so he tried to voodoo him into friendship. The witch doctor was not pleased and said he couldn't use his voodoo on him..LOL Beau lost some comfort and thank goodness he didn't die. That would have been tragic..lol

Anyways I wanted to share because this was totally new for me. Crazy this game still has surprises for me...
  • Options
    MingYangYoMingYangYo Posts: 362 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »

Beau Broke and Lucy Burb married and went on an Island Honeymoon. They took a Helicopter tour. During the tour they found a map to a mysterious hut. So the next day they went to the hut and found a witch doctor. I never even knew there was a witch doctor or a secret place at the islands. The witch doctor was sad because he couldn't receive guests because everything was broken. Beau had high mechanical skills so he fixed everything. The witch doctor was pleased and gave him Mr Mickles a voodoo doll as a gift. So Beau is excited and wanted to be friends with the witch doctor so he tried to voodoo him into friendship. The witch doctor was not pleased and said he couldn't use his voodoo on him..LOL Beau lost some comfort and thank goodness he didn't die. That would have been tragic..lol

Anyways I wanted to share because this was totally new for me. Crazy this game still has surprises for me...

Lol my sim got poison ivy while on a tour :D I haven't seen the witch doctor yet though
    Let me in I got a heart of gold

L2Oe8ie.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2016

That's so cool! I knew there was a witch doctor somewhere but I didn't know how to find it. My sims don't usually take the offscreen tours because I didn't see the point, but from now on tours will be a must in my sims vacations!
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    The tours are a lot of fun, even though they are off screen, the chance card is good as you can get skill points with them. And of course sometimes you get extra things like maps!

I love the sims 2 voodoo doll.
  • Options
    I take the tours, but once again, I always get bad chance cards and my sims will come back with their needs depleted :D
  • Options
    LOL before the Helicopter tour they went on a glass boat tour. It didn't go well at all. The boat got holes in it and they used gum and the fish ate the gum...lol The comfort and fun need were in the red when they got back...lol

I never used to have my Sims take tours but I am always curious to see what chance card I will get and how bad it will be. That is the beauty of Sims2. It can be so unpredictable.
  • Options

Very cool - I have never had a Sim introduced to the witch doctor!!
  • Options
    SleepycatDSLSleepycatDSL Posts: 271 Member
    You can dig up the maps too, if I remember right.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Yeah you can dig up maps and sometimes you can get them by plundering the captains cabin.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top