Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why does the sims 4 get boring after awhile?

Comments

• Options
    Brody9962Brody9962 Posts: 272 Member
    I recently did a challenge that made the game fun for me! You should try The Sim Supply's One baby challenge, its really easy & basically seeing how long it will take you to get just one baby! It took me 40 minutes! But anyways, I found sims 4 boring for me after I completed ALL the available aspirations! With that being said....I really only play the sims 4 now when I get tagged in a challenge on youtube, You could probably even ask another youtuber to tag you in upcoming challenges! This might help make the game fun for you again! and.....If I get bored with a sim or a family, I kill em off too ;)
  • Options
    FeyonaFeyona Posts: 145 Member
    edited May 2016
    lovejess2 wrote: »
    It wasn't meant to be harsh I just don't understand this idea that what you want is more important than what others want. It's never that simple and then to see people constantly call maxis out on something that really isn't their fault it just gets to me.
    It gets to me too. If you could see a steamy discussion on another forum where I am actually really harsh against other harsh comments :D.
    That topic is about news in sims but people come to discuss why Sims 4 is bad and why people who write good things or just correct things are stupid (not smart). And everything is covered with normal words but you can clearly see between the lines how many times you've been called stupid (not smart). I might get points for that discussion since another person is a close friend of moderator :D so right now I'm being discussed right in the topic between two of them like it's totally okay.
    . But the difference is that every topic created for different people. I don't expect to see positive words here. It's like going to the shrink, cry about your job, wife/husband/kids and come back home feeling a little bit easier.
  • Options
    FeyonaFeyona Posts: 145 Member
    It is so funny that some pretty normal words are replaced with "plum". :)
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Brody9962 wrote: »
    I recently did a challenge that made the game fun for me! You should try The Sim Supply's One baby challenge, its really easy & basically seeing how long it will take you to get just one baby! It took me 40 minutes! But anyways, I found sims 4 boring for me after I completed ALL the available aspirations! With that being said....I really only play the sims 4 now when I get tagged in a challenge on youtube, You could probably even ask another youtuber to tag you in upcoming challenges! This might help make the game fun for you again! and.....If I get bored with a sim or a family, I kill em off too ;)

You should try his latest Super Sim challenge. :) Have a single Sim complete every aspiration, get all the reward traits, and I'm not even sure what else, lol. The million dollar one is fun too. My Sim is untentionally going after both just because it's how I played her to start, wanting to get everything lol. The only thing I don't do that he does in his challenges is keep aging on. I keep it off so everyone stays the same age. (He's already running out of townies to hang out with and will have to make new ones since they got too old.)
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I really don't understand why people are attacked simply because they declare they miss supernaturals ("how dare you consider a feature important that others don't care about at all!"). This atmosphere of "don't you dare saying anything not positive about this game" is becoming quite dominant lately.

Okay let's get things straight

1. I did not attack anybody she voiced an opinion I disagreed with so I commented about why I disagreed

2. Where is this victim card mentality coming from it's like every thread I see there are people who keep waving it in the air anytime someone disagrees with them seriously you are on the internet it happens and it could be so much worse.

3. I want supernaturals and I want to see others get it as well but you cannot hold it against EA that they are unable to release it at this point of time since they are doing way worse things to the game.

4. I do not defend EA at any given moment you see I give credit when credit is due. I don't like EA as a company (they ruined Battlefront) but i'm not going to dislike them for the sake of it since I see no difference in them than any other major corporation.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited May 2016
    carson133 wrote: »
    Well, Get Together made the game a lot more fun for me! Playing around with clubs and stuff is really fun.
    Plus, I like mixing up how I play, sometimes I play rotationally, sometimes I just play legacy wise.

All you have to do to have fun is do what you find fun. Just like the Sims games before!
    Get Together made the game a bit more fun for me too. It felt like the first pack that actually made the Sims smarter, so I liked that. I still hope the AI in the base is improved a bit too especially with memories.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    ZourinZourin Posts: 29 Member
    The Sims 4 dies off for me hard after a few days.

80% of the time is spent on jobs, needs, and routines. This was significantly improved when I realized it pays off to bag Iron Bladder and Antiseptic early, constantly take vacation days, playing hooky, and abuse the Energetic moodlet for essentially every task besides Woohoo related adventures. Even then, there's only so many hours in a day, and sims are frustratingly slow to commit to a task, even slower completing them, and still require heavy micromanagement so they don't ditch work, 🐸🐸🐸🐸 themselves, and/or die of starvation because they were listening to music.

This makes 'free time' valuable unless you turn off aging. Leave it on, and you may end up with a character really hitting their stride and suddenly hitting Elder stage. Worse, you can wind up an Elder still wrapping up aspirations like Serial Romatic (ew), or having no chance of completing aspirations like Fabulously Wealthy. Turn aging off, and you wind up with a teenager or young adult with nothing to challenge you. You're either pulled out of 'the zone' early, or you're left unchallenged. This is just looking at "long" lifespan settings. I look at the "normal" lifespan setting like adopting a pet that will both go through puberty and die of old age before I get home with it.
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    lovejess2 wrote: »
    carson133 wrote: »
    Well, Get Together made the game a lot more fun for me! Playing around with clubs and stuff is really fun.
    Plus, I like mixing up how I play, sometimes I play rotationally, sometimes I just play legacy wise.

All you have to do to have fun is do what you find fun. Just like the Sims games before!

I would do that IF they would actually add in My Gothic stuff, like Vamps and werewolves and such, Those are what I use to play in My games. Supernatural stuff, But since they have not bothered to add any of that yet, I have to keep on waiting as usual, I hope I won't have to wait forever.

It hasn't even been two years and your judging maxis for not releasing one pack you want early. How about just being patiently and actually allow them to take the time they need for a pack that demands alot of work and against other packs is not exactly on top of the most requested list.

For your information I did not even name Maxis nor EA, all I did was say what Pack and stuff I want, and I do not cry the Victim Card ever, I am a adult and can take care of myself with no problem, And thanks everyone else for sticking up for Me though, it was very nice of you, I am just tired of waiting for the packs that I want for Sims 4, So what is the Big deal of Me saying so? , Like you lovejess2, I am entitled to My own opinions, thank you.
  • Options
    thegummybear13thegummybear13 Posts: 310 Member
    Simple it has no soul.Iv'e put up with it long enough and i hate challenges.
    tumblr_o2lz9mNWaj1sbr6who1_400.gif

• Options
    I have said it before, I do not do challenges anymore, cause in My opinion they seem Fixed, and I say that because it seemed to me the same people won them and they had CC Poses in them, I do not have any CC poses, or use CC of any kind after the 1st year, so therefore I would Never win. so why bother doing them again.
  • Options
    thegummybear13thegummybear13 Posts: 310 Member
    That's another thing im not adding mods or cc to any sims game to change it ugh just do the job and release decent games.
    tumblr_o2lz9mNWaj1sbr6who1_400.gif

• Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    I have said it before, I do not do challenges anymore, cause in My opinion they seem Fixed, and I say that because it seemed to me the same people won them and they had CC Poses in them, I do not have any CC poses, or use CC of any kind after the 1st year, so therefore I would Never win. so why bother doing them again.

I know you keep saying this but I'm not sure if you realize that not all challenges are competitions. Some people aren't talking about competitive challenges but about the general challenges that people set for themselves to play, like the Asylum Challenge or 100 Baby Challenge.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    I was talking about the Challenges in the Sims 4 game that everyone kept asking Me to do for gallery, I told them there and now here, that I will not be doing anymore of them, thank you.
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    I was talking about the Challenges in the Sims 4 game that everyone kept asking Me to do for gallery, I told them there and now here, that I will not be doing anymore of them, thank you.

Ah, ok. Well, it's too bad you feel like they're fixed these days. Maybe someone will put one together some time that doesn't make you feel that way.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    Brody9962 wrote: »

isn't that the saddest description of a fun game :worried:

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    HyunHeeHyunHee Posts: 390 Member
    killing off sims is quite fun actually ;) xD
    2vc864m.jpg

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    @Carson133, your statement saying all you have to do to have fun is do what you do before in the other Sims games...not possible. Sorry, but for me it's not. Until it is I will find this game extremely lacking and subpar to the others and that is even leaving out Expansions from the other games. I have about five play styles and none of them are being satisfied in this game. I may have more and probably haven't considered those play styles but expectations that were met in the other games that can't be found in this one. I will leave it at that.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    chensaytaylorchensaytaylor Posts: 700 Member
    Because the game is not quite...well.. it is just not quite. I liven it up by playing game challenges. I am currently doing the 100 baby Challenge... and a rotational game where I have 30 households... so the extra rules liven it up a bit :)
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    killing off sims is quite fun actually ;) xD
    It is. >:) I popped in the more dangerous fires mod and boom my Sims started lighting up like matches.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    chensaytaylorchensaytaylor Posts: 700 Member
    It will get better with more expansions....but try a challenge :)
  • Options
    GucciGucci Posts: 12 New Member
    Eh. Just got off it right now. Had to restart my game cause of the continuous lag that came out of no where. After you restart your game it gets instantly BORING. I don't like buying expansion packs cause I feel like that content should've already been in the game from the jump. I'm not giving them anymore obey till I feel like they deserve it lol.
  • Options
    GucciGucci Posts: 12 New Member
    Gucci wrote: »
    Eh. Just got off it right now. Had to restart my game cause of the continuous lag that came out of no where. After you restart your game it gets instantly BORING. I don't like buying expansion packs cause I feel like that content should've already been in the game from the jump. I'm not giving them anymore obey till I feel like they deserve it lol.

*Money lmao
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Gucci wrote: »

You might also want to wait till you can play on settings that don't cause lag. Most of the lag we see reported in the Tech category here is a result of playing on a relatively low-spec computer - the game demands a lot from both CPUs and GPUs.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    It will get better with more expansions....but try a challenge :)

I actually see two directions on this thought. There are the people who play with "the stuff" you get in packs and are happy until they get bored with the content and want something new. Then there are the people who think just getting new "stuff" does not fix what they feel is a shallow game experience. Challenges and packs cannot always fix everything.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright