Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why does the sims 4 get boring after awhile?

Comments

• Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    @Writin_Reg couldn't have said it any better!
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    @PHOEBESMOM601, that's one of them but I was referring to the interview he gave about TS4 being built as a single player off line game because of (his statement) the backlash of SC. Which he made that comment in late 2012 or 2013. It's on the net somewhere. Which BTW he is no longer with EA but moved over to Maxis' competition Zygna,
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    @Cinebar and @drake_mccarty

Are you two talking about this 2012 quote from the EA's Gibeau?

"We are very proud of the way EA evolved with consumers. I have not green lit one game to be developed as a single player experience. Today, all of our games include online applications and digital services that make them live 24/7/365."

I also saw another bit from him having to do with the need for on going content to fill in what was missing from the game.

Huh. So... that could as easily mean an in-game-accessed Community Gallery? Single-player but not only single-player. It doesn't quite reach as far as "as of our games are going to be online multiplayer now." I'm not saying that a multiplayer Sims prototype didn't exist and wasn't scrapped - though now I'm curious about what exactly is known for fact (not rumour) about that) - but that quote doesn't say what I've sometimes read people sum it up as. I'm surprised to read the actual words after what I'd read about them.

You also need to factor in that the quote was from 2012, before Sim City (2013) was released.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2016
    Cinebar wrote: »
    @PHOEBESMOM601, that's one of them but I was referring to the interview he gave about TS4 being built as a single player off line game because of (his statement) the backlash of SC. Which he made that comment in late 2012 or 2013. It's on the net somewhere. Which BTW he is no longer with EA but moved over to Maxis' competition Zygna,

Could you possibly be talking about the COO Peter Moore's little speeches. They are out there - but then he has several so not sure which one... and he is still with EA in fact was promoted even higher. LOL. He's like right under the CEO over all of EA. He was another one who seemed to support the Former CEO with everything going online back when J.R. was still CEO. But at least he realizes Simmers are not for a Sims online - we have proved that over the 8 various years and 4 attempts previously for them to try and push the online versions on us - we never would bite. I think their last version was not even up 6 weeks when they pulled it again. That one they called EA land. They were about as exciting as watching paint dry. LOL.

At times I think Peter is a bit confused when it comes to the sims games as sometimes he really doesn't make a lot of sense to me - it is as if he has really never played the game and bases his knowledge on maybe trailers or what is said at meetings and such - but through it all he does get us Simmers are a hard bunch and know what we like. So I believe it was easy enough for him to go with the flow and accept we don't want Sims online. Unlike his former boss - that much Peter gets. Even though I don't always agree to what he says and laughs when he says something in the way that tells me he doesn't really play the Sims - I still have always sort of liked Peter Moore for his more relaxed style and lacking in Suit mentality. But he seriously needs to play the Sims I think to actually get exactly what many of us are saying. You can tell though he is very much in the EA Games games though and obviously plays a lot of those. For a COO for the majority of EA Games I think he is alright, he just doesn't really know the Sims. I get that having several males in my own family that just does not get it - lol. Not saying it is a male thing - it just happens in my family the non-simmers are all males - although we do have a few male simmers too who shake their heads as much as I do when the non-simmers don't get it.

This article - lets you see he really does not understand us though -

http://ts4news.com/post/123576063617/peter-moore-of-ea-describes-simmers-as-a-very

As at the time we were complaining of the missing content when the Sims 4 was coming out and he took that to means we were thinking of a full game like Sims 3 with all eps and sps - when we weren't saying that at all.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    @Writin_Reg
    So from 2008 to 2012 (PK worked on TS4 until march 2012), TS4 was online and still in pre-prod.
    In May 2013 when it was announced, TS4 was already offline and in production.

Which means TS4 transitioned from online to offline sometime between March 2012 and May 2013, and went into production during that time too (though possibily not at the same time).

So it all points to Olympus having existed mostly in pre-production phase, when it was all about concepts and prototypes.
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    IT is boring because all they do is sit on the bed and talk all the time it is like they don' know how to do anything by themselves. The way they go to the bathroom really annoys me it is just plain stupid and even embarrassing. They hold their feet like little babies it is so stupid it insults my intelligence I would rather they run to the bathroom that is more normal.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    candy8 wrote: »
    IT is boring because all they do is sit on the bed and talk all the time it is like they don' know how to do anything by themselves. The way they go to the bathroom really annoys me it is just plain stupid and even embarrassing. They hold their feet like little babies it is so stupid it insults my intelligence I would rather they run to the bathroom that is more normal.

I have to agree with the bathroom waddle. Every time I see that.....even my big manly muscled Sims do it.....I just want to close the game.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    @Writin_Reg, no not Peter M. but Frank said because 'of the backlash' or rather how SC was received they decided TS4 would be single player and he said long after SC was released. I know, I have read Mr. Moore's comments many times in many different interviews. If you google ( I always promise myself I will bookmark a particular interview of Frank G, but never do) and look for Frank Gibeau The Sims 4 will be single player off line you will eventually locate the right article in detail. You may run across similar one but only one quotes the man word for word.
  • Options
    Mizz_Creative48Mizz_Creative48 Posts: 1,044 Member
    candy8 wrote: »

I have a mod to fix that so in my game they run
  • Options
    I think the bathroom waddle should have been a reserved animation for kids. At least that would make them seem like they aren't mini adults. That would have been a better idea.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Neia wrote: »
    @Writin_Reg
    So from 2008 to 2012 (PK worked on TS4 until march 2012), TS4 was online and still in pre-prod.
    In May 2013 when it was announced, TS4 was already offline and in production.

Which means TS4 transitioned from online to offline sometime between March 2012 and May 2013, and went into production during that time too (though possibily not at the same time).

So it all points to Olympus having existed mostly in pre-production phase, when it was all about concepts and prototypes.

Yep. Well this game was actually designed to be an online game from its inception. It was even rumored it was not supposed to even be the Sims 4 but an offshoot until it was decided to at least offer an offline mode - and then it suddenly became Sims 4. But how true that rumor is - I can't say as I have seen no proof one way or the other - but it does sound feasible seeing any of the other times they were making an online Sims game it was never one of the series and was always planned as a separate game. It is possible they thought they would be done with the online side game in plenty of time to start up the actual Sims 4 - but from my understanding some of the devs never really liked the looks of the game since 2010 and were saying even back then they wanted to redo it and even indicated they had which is why many of us said it was not just the fall of SC2013 that changed things - the work was already started from what I heard. In fact the game engine was even a different game engine then they started with.

There were actually 3 different Devs who wrote a bit about their experiences with the online version, but PK was the one interviewed twice. I don't think they ever interviewed Cal or the other guy - I think his name was Chin or something like that. it's been a long time - lol - They did have things on their web sites for a while - but had to take them down.

ETA one more thing OT Neia - just wanted to let you know there will be an earnings call conference on May 5th at 2 pm (PT) to review the 4th quarter that ended March 31. That is beside the Investors Day - May 17th early morning Conference call. When I talked to you last I just knew of the May 17 one - , but I got notice of the May 5th one and time just last week as you mentioned you were interested. LOL. OK - back on topic....

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited April 2016
    Cinebar wrote: »
    @Writin_Reg, no not Peter M. but Frank said because 'of the backlash' or rather how SC was received they decided TS4 would be single player and he said long after SC was released. I know, I have read Mr. Moore's comments many times in many different interviews. If you google ( I always promise myself I will bookmark a particular interview of Frank G, but never do) and look for Frank Gibeau The Sims 4 will be single player off line you will eventually locate the right article in detail. You may run across similar one but only one quotes the man word for word.

Yeah - I had already seen his too, I get the EA news and video links right to my email when they come out - and I laughed at it seeing I had already heard they had started changing things well before the fiasco that was SC2013 had came out. I was just baffled by him saying that seeing he was considered the top person overall of Maxis as well as the EA Mobile at the time. I recall a couple months before SC came out it was already being said that Sims 4 would not be online only after Tons of us had said if there was no offline mode we were not even thinking about Sims 4. So it was rather confusing at the time. Of course when SC came out and had no offline mode we began going nuts again wondering why on earth there was no offline mode - and then people started speculating they just told it Sims 4 would have a offline to shut us up. Believe me Sims 4 has been in trouble with a lot of us Simmers for long before all the toddler and car missing issues happened. Those were just the last straw by then.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    edited April 2016
    lovejess2 wrote: »
    I had answered about the challenges awhile back, I do not do them anymore, cause I feel they are Fixed, same people or same type of people win them all the time, ones with CC, I have No CC after 1st yr.I hate when people say they are not CC , but they have Poses in them, I say They are CC, Poses are CC not No CC, I feel like it is who you know is how you Win, and I for one do not know many, so why should I bother to do them anymore, Most of the people I knew in Sims 4 have quit the game, cause they Hated it.

Wait are you talking about modeling competitions?

No I am talking about making a character creation for challenges in Sims 4.

I've never heard of them before but if you are just making a sim why would you need to pose them?

That is what I have been trying to figure out since day 1, there are people in the Sims 4 game that are going crazy with adding Poses in the game, Why? I have no clue why, but I do not use them they are CC, I only use the ones in the game, and that is why I will never be named a winner of challenge, cause like I said it is who you know, I am happy that People I do know in the game really Like My stuff just the same, so challenge be you know, :)

Do you have a link to one of these competitions i'm a bit curious to see how they work.

Posing is very popular if you do modeling in the sims since it allows you to be more creative with your pictures so that's one of the reasons it was such a big deal for Sims players. I am assuming you create sims do you have a username? Personally I never use the gallery as I've heard alot of people have trouble with using it so I use a a more safer alternative and just have a blog.

Yes I have always used the Gallery, with No Problem, the only Problem I have had with it, is when EA loses My Creations due to updates and such, good thing I keep them in other folder's , since the first time I lost many, My Name in Gallery is same as on Forum, so easy to find me, thanks, oh another thing, I am in the middle of re-adding My No CC back in cause last time I had to take everything out to fix gallery, My CC stuff won't be put back until game is fixed big time, so only No CC in there , again thanks.
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    @Writin_Reg
    Thanks for the info !
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    You could do what I did, bulldoze all the lots, remove all the families and build your own sims world from scratch, one sim and building at a time. Its been quite a distracting and fun venture, and I have a couple challenge sims living in my world now, but so many empty lots still that I'm trying out more of the gallery builds and even tried building myself, and found out that I'm not too bad a builder! You never know.

For the record, I don't use mods or CC in my games, and I've never been bored of the content? I don't know maybe I'm slow to discover things in games. I'm still looking over every inch of Windenburg right now and finding tons of new things! Have yet to see the cows though. :( They are there right? (did see some ducks! ^_^)

Well...sort of. You can't change the position of the lots. You can't change the lay of the land in the terrain, everything is as flat as a pancake. You can't change anything except the individual houses. So it's not much of a challenge for some of us.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    HyunHeeHyunHee Posts: 390 Member
    edited April 2016
    Ninoochat wrote: »
    I came into this thread to find ideas to make my game less boring. What did I find? People bickering at each others, ts3 vs ts4, the same 10 pictures being quoted 5 times in a row and people asking why this thread is still open.

2/10 will not visit again.

ikr! I find this so annoying ._. *sighs* people...
    2vc864m.jpg

• Options
    carson133carson133 Posts: 35 Member
    Well, Get Together made the game a lot more fun for me! Playing around with clubs and stuff is really fun.
    Plus, I like mixing up how I play, sometimes I play rotationally, sometimes I just play legacy wise.

All you have to do to have fun is do what you find fun. Just like the Sims games before!
    Origin ID: carson133
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    For "me" it can get boring after awhile because I am unable to play the way I prefer.
    One of the things that contributes to it ( for me, I am not speaking for others, so this is not a matter of "right or wrong"), is the constant loading screens, which takes away immersion.
    Yes, I do like how we can wander around outside of our property/yards, but I didn't expect, in this day & age of technology, for a game to "go backwards"... :s

For every few things I like, there are things I don't. :*
    I guess it's a good thing I own all the Sims games, though when I try to bounce back & forth between versions, I get lost with controls all over again. :s
    One of the biggest things I miss, is how REAL the water looked in Sims 3. It made me have Sims stay in water activities way longer than I do now.
    (besides we can't go into ocean in Sims 4 anyway).
  • Options
    FeyonaFeyona Posts: 145 Member
    For me it gets boring because of lack of options to play the way I want. I was lucky to start playing Sims 2 a year after its release so there were a bunch of EPs to add to the base game. I was super bored with Sims 2 when EA release "Hobbies" and "Apartment life". Right now I am getting bored due to the lack of ways to play and I'm afraid that I will quit it sooner than EA finally add toddlers.
  • Options
    carson133 wrote: »
    Well, Get Together made the game a lot more fun for me! Playing around with clubs and stuff is really fun.
    Plus, I like mixing up how I play, sometimes I play rotationally, sometimes I just play legacy wise.

All you have to do to have fun is do what you find fun. Just like the Sims games before!

I would do that IF they would actually add in My Gothic stuff, like Vamps and werewolves and such, Those are what I use to play in My games. Supernatural stuff, But since they have not bothered to add any of that yet, I have to keep on waiting as usual, I hope I won't have to wait forever.
  • Options
    lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member

I would do that IF they would actually add in My Gothic stuff, like Vamps and werewolves and such, Those are what I use to play in My games. Supernatural stuff, But since they have not bothered to add any of that yet, I have to keep on waiting as usual, I hope I won't have to wait forever.

It hasn't even been two years and your judging maxis for not releasing one pack you want early. How about just being patiently and actually allow them to take the time they need for a pack that demands alot of work and against other packs is not exactly on top of the most requested list.
  • Options
    edited May 2016

It hasn't even been two years and your judging maxis for not releasing one pack you want early. How about just being patiently and actually allow them to take the time they need for a pack that demands alot of work and against other packs is not exactly on top of the most requested list.

It has been about 2 years, and its a long time for Me, and Yes I can judge Sims 4 anyway I wish to, that is My god given Right, thank you, Sept of this year is 2 years, to long to wait for any Pack I want, never mind just 1 I am waiting for.
  • Options
    FeyonaFeyona Posts: 145 Member

It's a little bit harsh. No doubt that it requires a lot of time, money, human resources ti develop each feature, even the simplest object. But by the end of the day it's the forum where people share their opinions and this topic specifically about why people quit playing. By default it's not a positive topic, people share their frustrations so no need to judge other people opinions specifically in this topic. In my humble opinion. I would say the same to a person who writes bitter things in the topic where people share why they love The Sims 4.
  • Options
    lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    Feyona wrote: »

It's a little bit harsh. No doubt that it requires a lot of time, money, human resources ti develop each feature, even the simplest object. But by the end of the day it's the forum where people share their opinions and this topic specifically about why people quit playing. By default it's not a positive topic, people share their frustrations so no need to judge other people opinions specifically in this topic. In my humble opinion. I would say the same to a person who writes bitter things in the topic where people share why they love The Sims 4.

It wasn't meant to be harsh I just don't understand this idea that what you want is more important than what others want. It's never that simple and then to see people constantly call maxis out on something that really isn't their fault it just gets to me.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Feyona wrote: »

It wasn't meant to be harsh I just don't understand this idea that what you want is more important than what others want. It's never that simple and then to see people constantly call maxis out on something that really isn't their fault it just gets to me.

She wasn't calling out Maxis at all, she just voiced concern for wanting a pack she will pay for, and support Maxis/EA in doing so.

There is a line where one goes too far to defend EA.