Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ideas at a Glance for Toddlers

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who would like this hairstyle back? :)

hTSO1Kc.png

I love that <3
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    DarkenedSparrowDarkenedSparrow Posts: 216 Member
    I also want to see some toys I had/have seen/have used when I was little.

top-toddler-toys.jpg
    Courtesy of Teaching Talking. I ALWAYS had this thing, according to mom --- until I wanted a dragon-castle set.

wte_toddler_toys_03.jpg
    Mine was a small red one, but it's close.

63257-261x327-toy2.jpg
    If not the other two, then this. I guess I was interested in colors, back then. Still am; I draw.

I MIGHT draw something. Not sure, yet, because I have term finals this week.
  • Options
    Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member

hTSO1Kc.png

I love that <3

Me too! I'd really like a similar hairstyle for TS4 toddlers!
  • Options
    KitOnlyHumanKitOnlyHuman Posts: 2,586 Member
    @KitOnlyHuman thanks for that lovely reply-you articulated it much better than I could :)

You flatter me! Thank you for posting this topic. It's one near and dear to my heart considering I'm on my last of four toddlers IRL. =)

• Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    @DarkenedSparrow good luck and I'd love to see some player art here-no rush though studies are always first! <3
  • Options

hTSO1Kc.png

As an accessory, yes.
    Maybe the full thing; a lot of toddlers don't have long hair. :smile:

I don't think it could be an accessory (hat would be the right term). It would have to work with all the hairs for that, remember, not sure they could do that. But I don't see the issue with it being a normal hairstyle in which you can put hats on top.

That's true. In that case, I'd still like to see it in the game. :smiley:
  • Options
    @DarkenedSparrow good luck and I'd love to see some player art here-no rush though studies are always first! <3

Thank you so much!
    Also, I'll see what comes to mind. This thread's going to see a few more images from me, anyhow. :wink:
  • Options
    RARAWRARAW Posts: 863 Member
    edited March 2016
    I think that an extra slot should be earned after the toddler stage that should be carried on in the other life stages. Being a toddler it is a very challenging and important stage that can shape us who we are as adults. At least, I would like them to introduce some more traits that can compliment the toddler stage after it ends. If it ever does get released in the sims 4.

For example,

"Picky Eater": A Picky eater trait means the sim only likes certain foods and depending on the food option or what level it was made a certain food, that sim would eat it, or not eat it and get moodlets on it. (A challenging trait but to be honest, the sims 4 needs more challenges for me).

"Spoiled" trait: This sim likes to get what they want. They get the angry moodlet whenever they get rejected in romance/friendly advances, don't buy enough objects at a certain time, doesn't get promoted/get higher salary quick enough.

"Well mannered": When ever this sim uses mean (insults, mischievous etc) interactions or a sim uses those interactions on them they get really bad moodlets because it goes against their upbringing.

Etc.

tumblr_n5dt2fzXjY1s7xoeto1_500.gif
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Still loving all the great ideas - as well as so many who share and agree on so many wonderful things we want for our Sims 4 toddlers. Together - if we are heard anyway - I think the devs can make the best Sims toddlers yet if they even enact a third of these ideas - but OMG imagine if they did it all. It would blow us away. LOL. Love this thread. It makes me happy just to read everyones toddler list, their thoughts, just everything.

I don't think there is any other thread through out the Sims anywhere with so many simmers 100 per cent agreeing with just everything. LOVE it, love it, love it!

Keep it coming simmers -

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
  • Options
    AmyDamesAmyDames Posts: 353 Member
    The toddlers should have multiple dressing up options in CAS so that they can choose to dress as pirate superhero and princess at any time as they like to in real life!
    They should have sunglasses and accessories like bangles and little wooden necklaces
    Again incase it's missed the first time crawling up stairs until they can walk then walking up and down maybe with their hands sort of stretched out to look like they're balancing idk
  • Options
    They should be able to "try to grab frogs" investigate the rock collectables and pull up sim grown plants. Eat produce also raw and processed by a sim. Possibly weaning skill, with "fussy eaters as mentioned a few times" harder to wean. If they're not weaned they grow up tubby and if they are they grow up lean.

They should be able to rummage in wardrobes from GT, chew dolls from their sibling doll houses, rip up drawings from drawing tables and smash beakers on science tables to annoy sibling. They should be able to read abc books with child sibling also cuddle in lap on floor with them. Mentioned before pulling hair and blowing snot bubbles on. All for toddlers and child interactions.
  • Options
    There should be a venue that's pre made like a GTW venue only accessible via the phone that has sessions on a Saturday and Sunday 9am to 5pm where all the toddlers in the neighbourhood are taken by an adult/elder/teen from their household. Objects such as cafe for adults. Soft play area. Small Paddling pool. Swing set with added baby swings as well as normal for kids and up. Toddler arts and crafts area where they make small things to present to their parent/guardian.
    They should also have their own chairs (like my daughters fold up monkey chair with little ears on the side :) with various jungle animals on it
  • Options
    LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    I've read the entire thread but honestly can't remember if this was mentioned. I'd love for older sims to be able to use a washcloth and wipe a toddler's sticky face and hands after eating.
    I've read the entire thread but honestly can't remember if this was mentioned. I'd love for older sims to be able to use a washcloth and wipe a toddler's sticky face and hands after eating.

ohhh nope that wasn't menation but its a good idea more so if they ate spaghetti and get it all over themelves :tongue:
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member

ohhh nope that wasn't menation but its a good idea more so if they ate spaghetti and get it all over themelves :tongue:

Like I mentioned before, I was one of those kids. :D Maybe wet wipes are in order?
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I want toddlers to hang in the ceiling fan like in The Sims 2 teaser trailer! OMG that would be so amazing and funny! :love::joy:
  • Options
    LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member

Like I mentioned before, I was one of those kids. :D Maybe wet wipes are in order?

pfttt i was one too or get chocolate all over my face XD ahhh the blackmail my parents have for that stuff.

yes that would be so cute ;v; either them accepting getting cleaned with them or get fussy when the teen or older try to wash it off
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    I'm not sure about toddlers hanging from the ceiling fan, but, sure would be awesome for teens to do so they could actually be teens in one way. :)
  • Options
    BooV7227BooV7227 Posts: 282 Member
    A few more things I'd like to see:

- A Costume category added to clothing, at least for toddlers and kids, but hopefully across all ages. That way you could set one or more costumes and a toddler may randomly change into it when you're not paying attention.
    ... My 2 1/2 year old daughter likes to throw on her sister's fleecy boots, my short-brimmed hat, and run around yelling "yee-haw" like she's a cowboy. I'd love to see my sim toddlers do something similar!

- If two kids /a kid & a toddler /an adult & a toddler could cuddle on the couch that would be beautiful.
    ... I love walking around the couch to see my 6yo nestled into the corner watching a show on the ipad, while my 2yo is asleep up against her shoulder.

- Consistent personalities. (Let's use child aspirations as an example)

... Toddlers with the Artistic Asp could have a special option to draw on the walls, special to this aspiration, to make it feel more distinct.
    They could be more likely to draw on themselves than the paper when finger-painting, and pavement chalk would hold more fun for them than the bike or sandbox or Lego blocks.
    [Also we need Lego blocks that can be built into various shapes depending on skills, similar to the remoldable clay ball. You can call them Armo blocks if you need to, we'll understand. ;) ]

... Toddlers with the Rambunctious Asp could do things like climb on a chair to hang onto the back and shake it; there would be a chance for it to tip over and make them cry.
    Or climb on the counter to turn on the faucet, making a puddle.
    Hide under the table between the chairs and giggle because they think they're invisible, then get stuck coming out. Etc.
    They would obviously be the toddlers with the most booboos, and no matter how often you clean them, there is always that one smudge of dirt somewhere that refuses to go away, lol.

... Toddlers with the Social Asp would be the talkers, the endless babblers that you may or may not understand, but they won't stop with chatter no matter how you ask or scold them.
    Needless to say, some parents would get a -1 Tense, "Needs a few minutes of quiet time. Where did that tablet go?" moodlet from it.

... Toddlers with the Whiz Asp would constantly pull books from the bookcase to look at the pictures, then stack them in such a way that they should fall over but don't.
    They would find the box of kleenex and take all of the tissues out, trying to see how it works.
    There would be some crossover with Social in that once they can Talk they ask "Why?" about everything.
    tCTe03l.png
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    Not sure if it has been mentioned but when toddlers are added (I remain very hopeful that they will be) I would love to be able to create mommy and me clubs (parent and me really) Where parents can get together with the wee ones and skills developed during that time would be at an increased rate, the tots would actually socialize with other tots giving them an early boost to developing friendships. The parent / toddler bond would be greater too. There should be play dates too!
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2016
    These are supercute and something my little 18 month old nephew loves so he can play with his lego's like his older friends can play with theirs. His mom runs a day care and they do not allow anyone 3 and under to play with the regular legos because of swallowing factor - so she went and bought some of these and some other toddler style building blocks - so everyone gets to have a little lego time every morning.

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-DUPLO-Creative-Toddler-Build/dp/B00A88DSJY

Amazon also has these which are quite popular amoung all the kids at the Day care and safe for toddlers who tend to throw them or bang them on the floor a lot. They hold up where regular ones would break - plus they are affordable - lol

https://www.google.com/search?q=Toddler+safe+tablets&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=Toddler+safe+tablets&tbm=shop

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    @BooV7227 A very good layout of how the current aspirations could work out with interactions. Maybe it would give the lil tikes a headstart in the child stage if they continue with such aspiration.

Tablets to keep quiet. Wow. Starting to feel old. For me, it was a Raffi Tape and The Smurfs on TV. :D
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    Tablets are fine and dandy for toddlers until you try and take them back