Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ideas at a Glance for Toddlers

Comments

• Options
    AlienMunchkin7AlienMunchkin7 Posts: 20 Member
    i hope there will be more choices for colures for the cots and other toddlers stuff :smile: and i hope there will be baby stuff and hope that the babies don't stay in the cot for much longer
  • Options
    AnelenayAnelenay Posts: 1 New Member
    I absolutely loved toddlers! I had the best time teaching them to walk and seeing them slowly grow up. Please, please bring back imaginary friends!

All of my toddlers grew up playing with imaginary friends, some even married them later on. I loved how adults couldn't see them and think the kid was going crazy :smiley: Those were my favourite moments in the Sims 3. I know quite a few people didn't like them, but I would love it if they were back. Please bring them back and make them an on/off option if possible for players that didn't really enjoy them.

Imaginary friends are an important part of a child's development and they are as much a part of real life so they should be a part of the game that simulates real life.

Sincerely, psychology student :blush:
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Another attempt to make an 'at a glance' summary!

Content
    There has been so many fantastic ideas for content to go alongside toddlers so I will try to sort them into different categories. There are wonderful pictures posted throughout the thread so please make sure to click through and see visual clues too! Many of the content will overlap categories but I will do my best to get some order!

General

Nap blanket-a blanket for laying on the floor so the tots can nap there

Toddler gate-to keep the tots from getting out alone

Toddler carry harness-for walking etc

Toddler reins

Sippy Cups

Night light/star projectors

Pack 'n' play for while out of the house-toy, sleeping mat and food

Diaper bag

Furniture

Toddler beds-little beds the toddler can use independently of care givers-a step up from cribs idea for Multi baby/toddler crib/ bed

Cribs-plenty of choices of traditional, modern and character based

Strollers-to take the toddlers out. Perhaps with a carry bag for taking care of tots while out of the house-maybe a sleep mat and a little toy etc

Walker-To help the little tots learn and for fun at the same time.

Playpen-indoor and outdoor versions and a few styles to fit with various decor

Sand box-hopefully available for use for all ages

Kiddy pool-little paddle pool for kids and tots to play in safely

High Chairs-self explanatory but some great ideas for ones which 'snap' to the table so caregiver can feed them from the table as they eat.

Kiddy chairs-mini versions for little tots!

Rocking chair-comforting for care giver and the tots

Changing table

Potty

Bouncers

Indoor swing for comfort

Toys

Tea sets for toy tea parties

Swings for tots as well as children

Rocking playground equipment

Clay enabled for tots

Art station-drawing, brick building etc but with ability to retain the art they create and display around the house

Instruments-xylophone, triangle etc

Kitchen playset

Bubble blowing

Floaties for pool

Learning toys

Stuffed animals

Dolls

Battery cars

Boxes to decorate for play

Sidewalk chalk

Balloons

Buildable puppet theatre

Mobiles

Seesaws

Merry go round

Trampolines

Toy phones

Play doh

Lego

Imaginary friends
  • Options
    Right I have updated the first page at the suggestion of @HappySimmer3 and will continue to make notes and add things as you come by and share :)
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    what about this interaction prepare toddler for little brother or sister arrival if the sim mom is pregnant with a new baby to avoid the unwanted sibling moddlet?
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
  • Options
    bethyGracebethyGrace Posts: 709 Member
    So, I've been thinking.

In TS1 & TS2, sims were born with "interests". Then in TS2, "hobbies" were added, with each sim having a natural inclination towards one in particular. I feel like these added a lot to the personalities of the sims.

This was kind of lost in TS3 and 4. Would it be possible, in an expansion pack or a game pack, to add this sort of thing back in? @SimGuruLyndsay ?

The reason I post it in this thread is because I'm thinking it would be cool if some interests were naturally given to the sims at birth, related to their trait(s). Then maybe they could develop while the sim is a toddler, child, teen, etc. Like has been suggested - playing with a musical toy could develop a music interest. Playing with crayons could develop an art interest. If a parent reads a sim kid a book about something, maybe that could develop an interest.

Just thinking about how the sims in TS4 could become more individual and dynamic... It could guide what books they read, what movies or TV channels they watch, what they talk about with other sims, and whether or not they get along with other sims. And it could influence their whims? It would create depth in the game.
  • Options
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    More crib choices, including colour variations for traditional cribs. I like the jail cribs, but I also like the toddler beds that toddlers can climb into and out of whenever. In TS2 I end up using a lot of CC for just cribs. I don't use 1-tile cribs unless I am doing a 3-tile twin set up, but I do use 1-tile changing tables. If we could have lots of 'normal' toddler things, like traditional rattles, sippy cups, baby powder, wipes, and nappy clutter. Also, it would be nice to take toddlers to cafes (and maybe if the next GP is restaurant-themed) and restaurants, so booths and high chairs would be necessary too. And toddlers should be able to get ailments if players have GTW--like rashes, belly aches, and non-threatening sicknesses that make them cry a lot and stress out their parents. But different sicknesses should be tied to a few specific traits and not the majority of them so that we don't have to go through the ordeal every single time we have a toddler and we can figure out which traits cause which sicknesses and use this for storytelling. The toddler should be stressed and should stress out the family with crying and tantrums.

OMG, speaking of illnesses and family play: please bring back grandma's comfort soup!
  • Options
    MekoSharkMekoShark Posts: 161 Member
    > @LosaruTaiyo said:
    > pixiejuice wrote: »
    >
    > Not sure if anyone has mentioned it, but separation anxiety is HUGE for toddlers. I used to love the TS2 thing where the toddler would "follow" their favorite adult around the house. But in TS4, with emotions now, the toddler could also (randomly, not all the time) get a sad moodlet if they can't see one of their parents.
    >
    > Also, can we have stair gates, please!? And also crafty toddlers that can break through them and climb the stairs anyway? (I totally see toddlers having a mischief skill.) This was literally my son's favorite thing to do at that age!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Eheh...Definitely tie that in with cribclimbers too (Again, yes, I was one of those.)
    >
    > I was also one of those that had a 'harness' as a child. Unlike the cute ones with monkeys and soft fabric today though, mine was the usual plain one that....Admit, Mom! It was a leash!...LOL
    Sharks need love too 🦈

• Options
    MekoSharkMekoShark Posts: 161 Member
    LULZ!
    Sharks need love too 🦈

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited March 2016
    So I hope that if toddlers return they get a fear emotion for the monster idea I posted earlier.

I also like the movie the Incredibles and with watching the Sims Freeplay video, having toddlers and other Sims with superpowers would be really cool. I think I'd want their pets with special powers too. So things like watching them fly, go invisible, have x-ray vision, move really fast, be really strong, and other things would be cool.

I really want cute carnival rides for them too like a merry go round, a kid train they can ride, petting zoo, tea cups, and a ferris wheel would be cool. I would love to see them go to the zoo and to the aquarium with their parents in hand or with strollers too. I really want them to interact with the community lots and the other lots with their parents and grandparents and friends and godparents. It would be cute to be able to have picnics and tea parties with toddlers too.

I also love Rugrats and Doctor Who, so I want toddlers to have a screwdriver to make their escapes with so that they can get into adventures and trouble.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    Swimming in the fountains would be great addition
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    If we get cars again along with car and booster seats, parents will be able to drive the cars. I hate how in Sims 3 sims only have the option of catching a cab when they have a little on in tow. So not realistic, and I really wish someone would make a mod to give you the option of driving of having your sim drive their own cars - but that's another discussion! lol

And bikes, adult bikes could have an accessory option to add a toddler chair to theirs so they can ride their bikes with the little one with them. Or even have an option to have the little ride attachment, so the little ones can still come along for a ride.

http://nateandrachael.com/gear-options-for-biking-with-kids/
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    I was bored and playing around with the doctor career for a bit last night. That thing they use for checking heartbeats would work perfect for ultrasound (referring back to a previous post talking about it). So it wouldn't be too difficult to move it down to a pregnant belly, guy or gal. Just change the pic on the tablet and have it usable outside the hospital and we're all set. (I have a general lot 'clinic'.)
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    I was bored and playing around with the doctor career for a bit last night. That thing they use for checking heartbeats would work perfect for ultrasound (referring back to a previous post talking about it). So it wouldn't be too difficult to move it down to a pregnant belly, guy or gal. Just change the pic on the tablet and have it usable outside the hospital and we're all set. (I have a general lot 'clinic'.)

ohhhhh that a good idea! i like that. it can also change the sound of the heart beat too to be a little faster
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Options
    edited March 2016

ohhhhh that a good idea! i like that. it can also change the sound of the heart beat too to be a little faster

Indeed. I know it's not exactly toddler per say, but would seem a bit more like a doctor to do than just feel a belly to tell if it's a boy or girl...or two or more...LOL

That and the little ones could be interested as well if there was a small pic or something.

"Nooboo?"

"Nooboo"

"Mamama yumyum nooboo?"

"Wha? Nono!"

:D
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

• Options
    LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member

Indeed. I know it's not exactly toddler per say, but would seem a bit more like a doctor to do than just feel a belly to tell if it's a boy or girl...or two or more...LOL

it still goes towards babies and toddlers :smiley: doctors should give toddlers and children lollis too for if they were good during the doctors visit ;v; i think they should add a little play area for toddlers of the mother or father or sibling is getting checked up by the doctor or where children can play in that area too. they should do that at the police station too if the suspect has a child (toddler or baby) they should be placed in an area till either the other parent, teen sibling or grandparent. even a roommate or trusted friend comes and picks them up.

i agree with @husseinandali that either swimming or even splashing in the fountain would be cute. i always see it in a large fountain downtown in my city or the kids walked around in the fountain with their little short legs rolled up.

i hope for clothing that they have little llamas,Gnomes and freezer bunnys :smiley: you can never have enough of those things in the sims. toddler sound carry little blankys around and teddy bears while toddling around with their thumb stuck in their mouths. they should have wagons if you want to carry toddlers that way instead of strollers plus you can put more then one toddler into the wagon

Baby-Wagon-Umbrella-Train2.jpg
    dd8520aa9cf50575914477d8559859b9.jpg
    3700_IMG_Hero_1.jpg

then there are the 2 in ones that are a car and wagon

pTRU1-13174566_alternate1_enh-z6.jpg

8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Options
    crockatailcrockatail Posts: 312 Member
    Hats for little boys and little girls.
  • Options
    meepweepmeepweep Posts: 309 Member
    Idk if this being in an announcement thread or gurus acknowledging is a clue to it being featured in the future but I hope so! Maybe it's going to be in a generations type expansion.. One can dream.

One thing I've thought about is toddlers having aspirations. Would it work like it does for kids? Maybe there would only be one possible aspiration like learning to walk, talk and go on the potty. Or two, where the counteraspiration would be a toddler doing mischevious mean things and not learning any of it. That could be pretty fun :)
  • Options
    MaddannaMaddanna Posts: 127 Member
    I don't know if any one mentioned this before but I think they should introduce a family check up system for those who have GTW.
    *households pick a specific doctor to assign to them
    *Expecting moms do ultrasounds and get feedback on their pregnancy.
    *Todds get their shots and checkups just as any family member. ( gets lollipop (child too) for good behaviour in the end)
    *Todds can have joyful or terrifying moodlets for doctors.
    *Docs get weirded out checking up on alien todds and Sims (lol)
  • Options
    Maddanna wrote: »
    I don't know if any one mentioned this before but I think they should introduce a family check up system for those who have GTW.
    *households pick a specific doctor to assign to them
    *Expecting moms do ultrasounds and get feedback on their pregnancy.
    *Todds get their shots and checkups just as any family member. ( gets lollipop (child too) for good behaviour in the end)
    *Todds can have joyful or terrifying moodlets for doctors.
    *Docs get weirded out checking up on alien todds and Sims (lol)

Unless now the doctor was an alien. :D Could probably get a "Familiar moment" moodlet or something...lol
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

• Options
    qrlcodeqrlcode Posts: 532 Member
    edited March 2016
    I'd like to see teens (and kids?) be able to "offer to babysit" their toddler siblings and for the parents to "force [them] to babysit." The parents either could go off-lot similar to how they disappear for work, or the babysitter could take their sibling out to other lots like the park.

ETA: I just thought of something else I would absolutely love - what if the cowplant found toddlers adorable? Like, it would be a new toddler-only interaction between the child and plant. The toddler could "pet" the plant and it would purr or something ridiculously cute like that.
  • Options
    PandaSpiritPandaSpirit Posts: 127 Member
    This isn't really about toddlers, more about pregnancy. I would love more interactions for couples besides just feeling the baby. Idk.. I feel like they never gave us options with pregnancy. I think we should get back the option to talk and hear the baby, maybe add a new interaction like kissing the tummy. Just a thought.
    445.png
    The best time to wear a striped sweater, is all the time.
    One with a collar turtle neck!!! That's the kind!!