Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post game issues

Comments

• Options
    KitsunechanwKitsunechanw Posts: 112 Member
    ugh this is so umb- i used to be able to post- anyways- wth is up with the highchairs= i have a highchair for my toddler- so i click on the ridge to serve her food from the fridge- but the option to give karli food is blanked out and says- highchair is required. like bro there is a highchair like right there- in the same room as you. what
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,614 Member
    ugh this is so umb- i used to be able to post- anyways- wth is up with the highchairs= i have a highchair for my toddler- so i click on the ridge to serve her food from the fridge- but the option to give karli food is blanked out and says- highchair is required. like bro there is a highchair like right there- in the same room as you. what

Hello
    Simmers have been having issues with using the high chair, This thread has suggestions on feeding toddlers
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/909978/how-do-you-feed-your-toddler

Try selling the fridge and the high chair and buying new ones then see if the issue remains.
  • Options
    TS4ChristyTS4Christy Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello, new member here! I just made my account not too long ago and I'd like to share a silly glitch that I have been noticing rather frequently. If someone has already covered this glitch, I profusely apologize.

I bought The Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff pack a while ago and I've run into a peculiar glitch that isn't game breaking or annoying in any way whatsoever but I doubt that it is something that is supposed to happen. Of course, since I've bought The Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff pack, that means I have a child sim in my family. I originally thought this glitch was just a personality quirk with my specific sim but apparently it's happening to all sim children in my game. It revolves around child sims with beds and monsters. Whenever my child sim, wakes up she screams and does the "monster under the bed" animation, no matter if there is actually a monster or she's just casually waking up. It's quite silly actually and I do have recorded video evidence if I'm allowed to post it for poof. Again, I originally thought this was just a quick with my particular sim child since I've read posts about some sims giggling in their sleep while others do not. I'm not sure if the developers of the game went into detail on giving specific sims special quirks but I've seen a few users on the platform comment on how their sims have different sleeping patterns than others. With that being said, this may or may not be a glitch, it likely is a glitch since all child sims in my game play the same animation and scream when they wake up. It is quite peculiar indeed.

TL;DR: Child sims in TS4KRS scream when they wake up, as if a monster has appeared under their bed despite there being no monster.
  • Options
    TS4Christy wrote: »
    Hello, new member here! I just made my account not too long ago and I'd like to share a silly glitch that I have been noticing rather frequently. If someone has already covered this glitch, I profusely apologize.

I bought The Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff pack a while ago and I've run into a peculiar glitch that isn't game breaking or annoying in any way whatsoever but I doubt that it is something that is supposed to happen. Of course, since I've bought The Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff pack, that means I have a child sim in my family. I originally thought this glitch was just a personality quirk with my specific sim but apparently it's happening to all sim children in my game. It revolves around child sims with beds and monsters. Whenever my child sim, wakes up she screams and does the "monster under the bed" animation, no matter if there is actually a monster or she's just casually waking up. It's quite silly actually and I do have recorded video evidence if I'm allowed to post it for poof. Again, I originally thought this was just a quick with my particular sim child since I've read posts about some sims giggling in their sleep while others do not. I'm not sure if the developers of the game went into detail on giving specific sims special quirks but I've seen a few users on the platform comment on how their sims have different sleeping patterns than others. With that being said, this may or may not be a glitch, it likely is a glitch since all child sims in my game play the same animation and scream when they wake up. It is quite peculiar indeed.

TL;DR: Child sims in TS4KRS scream when they wake up, as if a monster has appeared under their bed despite there being no monster.

Hello @TS4Christy
    Try placing a "Coolala Defender Light" on the bedhead wall of the children and see if that helps. This light helps to prevent monsters appearing and it may help with your issues also,even though there isn't any monsters . The light needs to remain on all night.
    Also, reading to the children before going to bed can help.

Other simmers have been posting about the nightmares on these threads
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/909285/so-many-nightmares
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/909311/the-toddler-nightmares-make-me-sad
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/908894/awwww-toddlers-can-have-nightmares
  • Options
    CassieRoseCassieRose Posts: 14 New Member
    Today in my Sims game, my mainly played sim got really heavy. When eating normal amounts of food, just one plate when she's hungry, she widened up quickly. This happened over a couple of days, her weight gain, but she has only been eating one regular plate. It now has happened to more sims and I now have to watch them closely and make them stop eating before they're done.

Whew! Thanks for the much needed help!

Cassie
  • Options
    CassieRose wrote: »
    Today in my Sims game, my mainly played sim got really heavy. When eating normal amounts of food, just one plate when she's hungry, she widened up quickly. This happened over a couple of days, her weight gain, but she has only been eating one regular plate. It now has happened to more sims and I now have to watch them closely and make them stop eating before they're done.

Whew! Thanks for the much needed help!

Cassie

Hello @CassieRose
    I am sorry that you are having this issue.
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if it continues to occur with the sims.
    If the issue still remains, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

If you continue to find it occurring, try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.

If you have Cool Kitchen stuff pack, you could have them eat the "Taste of Diet" icecream to lose weight.
  • Options
    biomassdragonbiomassdragon Posts: 5 New Member
    Hi again. I've been having some issues with creating a new family to play as. I downloaded some CC for them but then had an issue once I moved them into their first lot. Once I click the play button the screen just keeps on loading, it doesn't freeze or anything, like the music is still playing and the tips keep showing up, but it never stops loading. I immediately got rid of the CC and tried it again, no luck. It can't be my old CC/mods because I didn't have this problem before. Then I started a completely new family and the same issue happened. I also repaired the game and deleted my cache folders, still no help. If anyone knows the solution to this problem, please let me know.
  • Options
    Hi again. I've been having some issues with creating a new family to play as. I downloaded some CC for them but then had an issue once I moved them into their first lot. Once I click the play button the screen just keeps on loading, it doesn't freeze or anything, like the music is still playing and the tips keep showing up, but it never stops loading. I immediately got rid of the CC and tried it again, no luck. It can't be my old CC/mods because I didn't have this problem before. Then I started a completely new family and the same issue happened. I also repaired the game and deleted my cache folders, still no help. If anyone knows the solution to this problem, please let me know.

Hello @biomassdragon
    Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem.

If the issues remain, try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    Start a new game and test to see if the issue occurs with that new game,
    Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" or "options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music "folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders that have the same name.
    Don't put back the old mods folder. Instead, place your cc/mods into the newly generated mods folder. Then test to see if that helps.
  • Options
    sheepsalousheepsalou Posts: 3 New Member
    I have tried to find answers to this question in many places, but am going to try my luck here;

Recently, I was having some strange bugginess, likely related to CC. So, I downloaded Mod Conflict Detector and found unrelated content that was mostly just duplicates...I opened up the game and not much changed. What would happen is the game would lag and get choppy and lag some more, then finally, FREEZE.

I then did what I had heard was a good thing to do which is disable CC/mods and restart to see how the game performed then. and it did, it was boring and dull but totally fine.

sooo, I used S4S to go through my entire folder/subfolders of CC (a hefty amount, but not a literal ton or anything), I mostly used S4S to look at each piece of CC to determine whether I really needed it anymore, I deleted quite a bit. So I went into the game, re-enabled CC/mods, and then restarted. What happened was.....horrifying, and unexpected...I didn't realize; but every single family had defaulted to base game sim. Meaning they had no CC, no skin, nothing. I'd say 99% of my entire sims world (every world, every household) went straight back to basegame and in some cases, had no lower half, were nude and bald. Is this something reversible, or?

I've already gone through a handful of families and redone them to my memory, though very far from their original glories. Just curious if this is all due to disabling mods and then re-enabling?
  • Options
    sheepsalou wrote: »
    I have tried to find answers to this question in many places, but am going to try my luck here;

Recently, I was having some strange bugginess, likely related to CC. So, I downloaded Mod Conflict Detector and found unrelated content that was mostly just duplicates...I opened up the game and not much changed. What would happen is the game would lag and get choppy and lag some more, then finally, FREEZE.

I then did what I had heard was a good thing to do which is disable CC/mods and restart to see how the game performed then. and it did, it was boring and dull but totally fine.

sooo, I used S4S to go through my entire folder/subfolders of CC (a hefty amount, but not a literal ton or anything), I mostly used S4S to look at each piece of CC to determine whether I really needed it anymore, I deleted quite a bit. So I went into the game, re-enabled CC/mods, and then restarted. What happened was.....horrifying, and unexpected...I didn't realize; but every single family had defaulted to base game sim. Meaning they had no CC, no skin, nothing. I'd say 99% of my entire sims world (every world, every household) went straight back to basegame and in some cases, had no lower half, were nude and bald. Is this something reversible, or?

I've already gone through a handful of families and redone them to my memory, though very far from their original glories. Just curious if this is all due to disabling mods and then re-enabling?

Hello @sheepsalou
    By removing the cc files from your game, the sims that were originally wearing the cc would be missing that cc content. That is why the sims look like how they do. Also, you may have deleted meshes which need to be installed for other cc items to appear.
    Also, if you saved the game whilst the cc/mods option was disabled, you would have saved the game with the sims wearing no cc.
  • Options
    CassieRoseCassieRose Posts: 14 New Member
    Thank you so much for helping me out. I think it's working. May I delete the Mods folder?
  • Options
    CassieRose wrote: »
    Thank you so much for helping me out. I think it's working. May I delete the Mods folder?

Hello @CassieRose .
    If you have any mods/cc in the mods folder, and the issue has been fixed by moving the mods folder to the desktop, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem. Put one item or batch in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.
    After your mods/cc have been returned to the new mods folder, then the old mods folder you have placced on the desktop can be deleted.
  • Options
    GaelicCatGaelicCat Posts: 6 New Member
    Hiya. I'm having problems with half walls next to a roof. I'm trying to build a chimney. I have a bungalow so it's 1 story, so I built walls on the ground floor for the chimney, and on the 2nd floor next to the roof I tried to put a half wall because a full wall was too high. Each time the "room" closes with the half wall and the roof, the game completely freezes. Music still plays and the mouse still moves but you can't do anything, not even Alt+Tab out to close it. I managed to force it to close using the Task Manager by going through Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    I replicated this problem 4 times. First time by accident. Second time deliberately to check it wasn't just a one off. Third time I tried to move the roof back and draw a room with the half wall which worked. I then dragged one part of the roof in and it was ok, but it froze when I pulled the second part of the roof in. Fourth time I turned off my Mods folder and it still crashed.

I can't post an image so if you want to see the house use this: i.imgur.com/qIiEYTI.jpg

• Options
    edited March 2017
    GaelicCat wrote: »
    Hiya. I'm having problems with half walls next to a roof. I'm trying to build a chimney. I have a bungalow so it's 1 story, so I built walls on the ground floor for the chimney, and on the 2nd floor next to the roof I tried to put a half wall because a full wall was too high. Each time the "room" closes with the half wall and the roof, the game completely freezes. Music still plays and the mouse still moves but you can't do anything, not even Alt+Tab out to close it. I managed to force it to close using the Task Manager by going through Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    I replicated this problem 4 times. First time by accident. Second time deliberately to check it wasn't just a one off. Third time I tried to move the roof back and draw a room with the half wall which worked. I then dragged one part of the roof in and it was ok, but it froze when I pulled the second part of the roof in. Fourth time I turned off my Mods folder and it still crashed.

I can't post an image so if you want to see the house use this: i.imgur.com/qIiEYTI.jpg

qIiEYTI.jpg

Hello @GaelicCat
    Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try lowering the graphics settings and see if that helps.

If the issues remain, try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
  • Options
    I managed to get it to work. I moved the end of the front roof forwards a square so that the half walls were not intersecting it. I guess it has a problem connecting with 2 roofs at the same time. Once I had drawn it I moved the roof back again and it didn't freeze :)

This is the house now.

i.imgur.com/LUMbsDc.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    I managed to get it to work. I moved the end of the front roof forwards a square so that the half walls were not intersecting it. I guess it has a problem connecting with 2 roofs at the same time. Once I had drawn it I moved the roof back again and it didn't freeze :)

This is the house now.
    LUMbsDc.jpg

Hello
    It is great that the issue has been fixed and the game isn't freezing :) Your home design is very nice!
  • Options
    Thanks @Rosemow :) I am trying to build this neighbourhood in the same style as the background houses as a little challenge for myself :blush:
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Thanks @Rosemow :) I am trying to build this neighbourhood in the same style as the background houses as a little challenge for myself :blush:

Hello @GarlicCat :) That sounds very nice! It will be a very nice neighbourhood for the sims in your game to enjoy living in :)
  • Options
    ryuumaxwellryuumaxwell Posts: 5 New Member
    Since apparently even if you've been a member for years you still can't make threads.... I'm having an issue since city living where my sim eats at a food stall, learns the recipe, but then it never comes up in the food options for 'have/serve' (have lunch, serve lunch, etc). I did notice they're in the 'cook' menu, are they just not available in the normal meal menu?
  • Options
    Also! Since installing the vampires pack, all my toddlers are born with vampire eyes, and even using the cheat cas.fulleditmode I can't change their eye colors.
  • Options
    Since apparently even if you've been a member for years you still can't make threads.... I'm having an issue since city living where my sim eats at a food stall, learns the recipe, but then it never comes up in the food options for 'have/serve' (have lunch, serve lunch, etc). I did notice they're in the 'cook' menu, are they just not available in the normal meal menu?

Hello @ryuumaxwell
    They may just be available under the "cook" option. so that that they are not limited to a particular meal type. They are available to be cooked all through the day by choosing the cook menu option.
  • Options
    Also! Since installing the vampires pack, all my toddlers are born with vampire eyes, and even using the cheat cas.fulleditmode I can't change their eye colors.

Hello
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issue is still there. If it has helped with the issue, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem.
    Simmers have been finding that the issue is caused by eye cc that they have. Some eye cc haven't been updated since the toddler patch.
  • Options
    Thank you @rosemow
    I tried calling tech support and they told me to just make a forum post... Alas.
  • Options
    Thank you @rosemow
    I tried calling tech support and they told me to just make a forum post... Alas.

Hello
    There is usually a blue new discussion button at the top right hand side of the screen in the forum sections. But new discussion threads have been restricted for new members. You are unable to start a new thread until you become a full member, even if previously you were able to start a new thread . This has been brought in as a result of spambots.
    You need to have 50 points and 30 posts before you can become a full member and can then post pictures, have a signature, edit posts , post links and change your profile picture.This thread explains about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know

• Options
    Thank you again! I will try that - I did recently install a bunch of eye cc. Alternately it seems to work fine for everything above toddler, so I can just modify once they hit child... I'll muck about some more with my cc.