Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

the toddler nightmares make me sad

por little things it is very lifelike though

Comments

• Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Aw, me too. And when they cry! :cry:
  • Options
    carlymichellecarlymichelle Posts: 3,402 Member
    i dont have kids but i have read night terrors etc are common in toddlers in real life too
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Yeah, these toddlers tuck on the heart-strings eh. I make the adult sims rush over to hug and comfort them. Poor wee things with their tears. :love:
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    JestinaJestina Posts: 1,609 Member
    I hope it's not one those things that auto wakes the adults in the household, because that's annoying. The sims that make money have priority over the sims that don't.
  • Options
    WerewolfBanditWerewolfBandit Posts: 32 Member
    Mine started having nightmares after I divorced the parents... that was a huge mistake. Every time he wakes up and goes into his mom's room at night crying, it breaks my heart. :'(
  • Options
    lyralyra Posts: 420 Member
    Does comforting them make the 'sad' moodlet go away, in your experience?
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Jestina wrote: »
    I hope it's not one those things that auto wakes the adults in the household, because that's annoying. The sims that make money have priority over the sims that don't.
    Lol. It's not auto exactly. The little tykes wander their way into the parents bedroom and cry at them to wake them up. In theory, you might be able to take control of the toddler yourself and send the poor little crying thing back to bed, without it waking anyone. I never tried that.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    notetoself00xnotetoself00x Posts: 499 Member
    My toddler had 2-3 nightmares every single night, but I began to read her to sleep every night for about 7 sim days now, and not one single nightmare :)
  • Options
    JRBearJRBear Posts: 190 Member
    lyra wrote: »
    Does comforting them make the 'sad' moodlet go away, in your experience?

Not for me so far... I haven't noticed yet if it shortens the time for it, though. I'll watch for that next.
  • Options
    JRBearJRBear Posts: 190 Member
    Comfort shortens the sad time when used.
  • Options
    MirichaMiricha Posts: 470 Member
    It's heartbreaking. I'm so glad my toddler (only got one in-game so far) seems to have stopped having them, poor little thing. I like how it's a realistic touch but I do feel so bad for them.
    수리수리마수리 수수리 사바
    my new simblr
    lWAXrDZ.png
  • Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    My toddlers no longer have bad dreams since I plastered the walls with those night-lights that keep the bed monster thing away - try adding a few of those things.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    My toddlers no longer have bad dreams since I plastered the walls with those night-lights that keep the bed monster thing away - try adding a few of those things.

So the night lights work with toddlers, too? Nice! :smile: (I have a ton of tots having nightmares at the moment.)
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options

So the night lights work with toddlers, too? Nice! :smile: (I have a ton of tots having nightmares at the moment.)
    I don't know if they were meant to - but it worked for me.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited January 2017

I don't know if they were meant to - but it worked for me.

Well, here's hoping they work. I'll try putting some today in the big household with the many tots and see what happens.

For some reason, the one toddler skill I am having a hard time with is the Thinking Skill (?). My tots managed to level up their walking and talking and imagination skills very fast and with little problems on their own, but the Thinking skill feels a bit more trickier to get done because I have so many tots....
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    In addition, I used 2 per toddler and additional one near their potties - just incase there is a monster in a potty.

Originally I had 1 per toddler and they had nightmares.
  • Options
    carlymichellecarlymichelle Posts: 3,402 Member
    plop im about to recolour the toddler nightlight and put it up on my thread once im done xxx
  • Options
    papersuitcasepapersuitcase Posts: 838 Member
    Comfort and hug those little sweeties!
  • Options
    Some people won't have this option as the light is not a base game light.
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Mine started having nightmares after I divorced the parents... that was a huge mistake. Every time he wakes up and goes into his mom's room at night crying, it breaks my heart. :'(

OMG! :cry::cry:
  • Options
    I wonder what happens when a toddler witnesses a death or a murder?

Can you bring the father back (just invite him round) and have the mother kill him in front of the toddler or drown him or something? Just to see what happens.

But make sure the toddler witnesses it.
  • Options
    King4510411King4510411 Posts: 2,056 Member
    Triplis wrote: »
    Lol. It's not auto exactly. The little tykes wander their way into the parents bedroom and cry at them to wake them up. In theory, you might be able to take control of the toddler yourself and send the poor little crying thing back to bed, without it waking anyone. I never tried that.

@Triplis That doesn't work. They can't go to sleep because of the nightmare. It's just like the monster under the bed for the children. They won't go back to sleep right away without waking everyone in the house first
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member

Actually it's pretty unavoidable...they will wake up in the middle of the night and wake up one of the parents.
    Fortunately there is no penalty in this game like there was in previous games...(especially TS2) where it would take forever for the Sim to get into gear, and they had a bad moodlet from not enough rest.

It's actually not much of a problem at all for a Sim to get up put the tyke back in bed and still get a good nights rest.
    I have three toddlers and it's pretty much impossible to synchronize them like you could in earlier games...you have to be able to adapt on the fly,
  • Options
    ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    I believe it was patched in some few months ago so you should have it.
  • Options
    Zafireria wrote: »
    I believe it was patched in some few months ago so you should have it.
    Oh, I thought it came with the kids stuff pack thing.