Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you feed your toddler?

What is easiest way to feed these little angels? I have my highchairs at the dining table and I usually click on it and select "feed sim" but it seems like it takes forever. Plus, I can't give them the food everyone else eats, I have to select from the toddler menu. There has got to be an easier way.

Comments

• Options
    Dayvon64Dayvon64 Posts: 493 Member
    I think you can give Toddlers what you eat, idk if it's restricted or not(like if they can't eat roast or tacos)but they can eat pizza. I always pick them up first them I set them down so that it doesnt take to much time. I also like the fact that other sims can eat toddler food which is a great break from normal food.
  • Options
    cynclacyncla Posts: 1,117 Member
    I put the little bear chairs in the kitchen ( find them in kids furniture section) instead of there highchairs. Toddlers can walk into the kitchen take a serving , like everyone else , and then climb up into the bear chair , or sit on the couch , to eat. Everyone can sit in those bear chairs , many times a parent will sit right beside the toddler sand eat with them.
  • Options
    ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    You can feed your toddlers any way you want, you are not restricted to the highchair. Make a saving of some food and have a toddler grab a plate just like a normal sim. They'll grab a plate and sit somewhere and eat it. Note they can't eat at the table, they'll eat on a couch.
  • Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    In the save I'm playing now it varies a lot. Put them all in high chairs then give servings of the group meal, leave food on the counter and let them grab and eat where they want or feed one a toodler meal in a high chair
  • Options
    JestinaJestina Posts: 1,609 Member
    High chairs are a deco time waster. I just put plates on the floor and they can feed themselves.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited January 2017
    The high chairs are buggy for me, and kind of time wasting.

I love that these toddlers are pretty self-sufficient in this department as long as there is cooked/made food around.

The easiest way is to just cook food for the tots, put the food on the counter on the floor, Call the tots to Meal, and then let the little horde of tykes stumble their way towards the counter to help themselves. They can take regular plates from the counters/floors by themselves, and can even take the plates with them to eat on a sofa---just like older sims can.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    High chairs are a whale of fail - I deleted mine. Then again, it was the same with TS3 high chairs.

I am not spending 32 years trying to feed multiple toddlers as Sims take them back out of the high-chairs at will, or give the toddlers something I don't want them to have.

No more high chairs for me - not ever.

I leave food out and the toddlers swarm on it.
  • Options
    You can cook that fruit-cake thing - the thing that other Sims bring to your house when you move in - the cake that Sims don't seem to be keen on.

That stuff does not go off - it doesn't need keeping in the fridge, so you can leave piles of it around your house and toddlers will find it when they are hungry.

Stick it everywhere, toddlers will find it.
  • Options
    ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    edited January 2017
    You can just leave food out & let them eat on the sofa.

:) I usually feed mine in a highchair because I love how it connects to the table now.
  • Options
    hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited January 2017
    Like everyone else said don't bother with the highchair, but I still keep one around. It allows my sims to grab food or drink for toddler from the fridge menu, then they'll just hand it to the toddler and that works. I also make many group meals and just leave them on the counter for the toddler to grab. they climb on the couch to eat which is cute, my toddler will watch the cooking channel with big sis while she eats. :)

Also keep fruit in their inventory, you have to prompt them to eat it, but it's a great way to give them a quick snack when they wake up hangry.

Oh the Halloween candy bowl doesn't work by the way. Toddlers don't interact with it. Too bad I wanted my toddler to sneak candy and then get all fussy later lol.
  • Options
    It would be funny if you could put toddlers on a lawn and let them graze like sheep.
  • Options
    WILDFLOWER1971WILDFLOWER1971 Posts: 211 Member
    awesome info new things i did not know. apparently reading up on the sims toddlers has come in handy before i play them.
    James 3:13
    Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom.

https://facebook.com/PiperSims4Gaming/?ref=bookmarks
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    I click on the high chair and pick something to feed them. The caregiver fixes the food and puts it there, then gets the toddler and puts him in the high chair.
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Since my sims are usually near the toddler already, I place them in the high chair first, if I served the food before it's to pack it for later.
    Morning meal is in the high chair while parents run around getting ready, afternoon meal is whatever wherever (on the couch, or milk if outside/in the bedroom), evening meal is same as the rest of the family, but in the high chair so they can join the conversation around the table.

Weird how everyone dislikes the high chair, I find it so much faster to use than watching the toddler wobble away to the nearest chair. Pick, set, serve, and you're done.
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    edited January 2017
    In the high chair cause I'm a #GoodDad and teach my toddler good eating habbits! :kiss:
  • Options
    happyopi wrote: »
    Since my sims are usually near the toddler already, I place them in the high chair first, if I served the food before it's to pack it for later.
    Morning meal is in the high chair while parents run around getting ready, afternoon meal is whatever wherever (on the couch, or milk if outside/in the bedroom), evening meal is same as the rest of the family, but in the high chair so they can join the conversation around the table.

Weird how everyone dislikes the high chair, I find it so much faster to use than watching the toddler wobble away to the nearest chair. Pick, set, serve, and you're done.

My game has bugs with that chair, it feels like. The adult sims seem to cancel or not respond to the high chair commands, or they complain about it, like something is in the way of the high chair even when there is nothing there.

I have six tots (originally 7) and one adult, so I don't like the time it takes to get each of them into the buggy high chairs and deal with all of that, lol. I'll wait for another patch to fix that first.
    (She/her)
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    ^ Do you have your high chair against a wall ? My sims prefer accessing it through the back, so I always leave space behind it.
  • Options
    MarleyTheWizardMarleyTheWizard Posts: 962 Member
    toddlers can also access leftover from the fridge
    I Sometimes Tweet About The Sims 4
    Gallery ID: MarleyTheWizard
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    happyopi wrote: »
    ^ Do you have your high chair against a wall ? My sims prefer accessing it through the back, so I always leave space behind it.

Ah, I'll have to check that. (I have deleted the high chairs, but I'll buy some again to check.)

Question, @happyopi (and anyone else who can answer): is it possible to have high chairs right next to each other while connected to a table?

I have a lot of toddlers, lol.
    (She/her)
  • Options
    MarleyTheWizardMarleyTheWizard Posts: 962 Member
    @bunny-🐸🐸🐸🐸 they seem to "slide in" like regular chairs, so I think they can
    I Sometimes Tweet About The Sims 4
    Gallery ID: MarleyTheWizard
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,598 Member
    edited January 2017
    I'm giving up on the high chair. It drives me mad. It takes so freakin long to get the toddler in and fed - often the toddler will randomly get taken out again before the food comes, then the food will get placed on a different high chair, then the toddler gets put in the wrong chair etc etc. And then when I finally do get said toddler into correct chair with correct food, the darling little tyke immediately chucks the food on the floor and ends up still starving :D

So, yeah, no more darn high chairs.

My last toddler meal, he ate it sat on the floor, right next to the pile of goo he had previously chucked there :p
  • Options
    MysanMysan Posts: 111 Member
    I stock up a buffet table and let them feed themselves.
  • Options
    Marley V wrote: »
    @bunny-🐸🐸🐸🐸 they seem to "slide in" like regular chairs, so I think they can

Oh, ok. I'll try the high chairs with that family again later today or tomorrow, then. I wonder if I am just having some more bugs or something. (I have a bug where sim kids and adults were often late to school/work, too.)
    (She/her)
  • Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    I used the highchair for a bit when toddlers first released, but now I find myself having them grab a plate and eat wherever they want, especially if I have more than one toddler in the house. I still use the highchair occasionally, but like others have said, it's a hassle to use when they're constantly being taken out by someone else while you're getting their food.
  • Options
    WyrrenWyrren Posts: 724 Member
    I usually use a high chair. But if they are starving I'll just have them grab a serving of whatever the family is eating.

Toddler's are also magical. They can grab food through walls!

yvbF6hz.png

XGwput7.png
    Origin ID: Wyrren