Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Reading Roundup - A Sims Stories Sampling *DISCONTINUED*

12346...Next

Comments

• Options
    Persefona711Persefona711 Posts: 356 Member
    Just wanted say thank you for your amazing job! I found here many amazing stories to read. And nice vacation! ^^
    qbDPpCu.jpg
  • Options
    mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    edited May 2016
    Thanks! That's what it is here for! As a librarian, I just want to spread the love of stories wherever I am, I guess! ^_^

And to everyone... HAPPY GEEK PRIDE DAY! Today is the day to revel in all your geeky fandoms and hobbies! I'm currently packing to head off to Anime Oasis, an anime convention only two hours away from where I live, in the lovely capital city of Idaho, Boise! This is its fifteenth year, and I've been attending for the last FOURTEEN YEARS. So that's how I'm showing my geeky pride! My BFF from California, Todd, is flying in on Friday to spend the weekend with me (he was featured in my blogaversary post) and we are quite excited, as a Japanese seiyuu will be in attendence this year, Asakawa Yuu (she provided the voice for the famous VOCALOID Luka, among many anime and game roles). I am looking forward to it. ^_^

I'm still going to attempt to get last week's Rosebud Challenge Reading Roundup done and posted today before I leave, since I got my short story for the Short Story Challenges for this month finished. My edition on geek culture is going to be EPIC! EPIC I TELL YOU! but... obviously since I'll be out of town, enjoying an anime con, I'm not going to be reading SimLit, so even though today is Geek Pride Day, it will be going up sometime in early June. It'll give you something to look forward to, mwahaha.
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • Options
    ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    Oooh @mastressalita I though I recognized her name - she is in Azumanga Diaoh, Hikaru no Go, and Love Hina. That was back when I was super cataloging my anime and writing out the names of voice actors!

So there's my Geeky admittance. I ultra catalog things for myself with all sorts of data even I don't really care about. At the time though I had word document for each anime, pictures, a description, categories that anime belonged to, character lists(with voice actors), each episode, if I had the manga as well and which ones I had...and so much more. I kind of miss that. I do the same with my 2000+books as well. :D
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • Options
    @ra3rei : I have spreadsheets that I can arrange via genre tags, hahaha! It's sad... I catalog at work, come home, and catalog my personal collections...

Is there a 12-step program for people like us?
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
  • Options
    MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    @ra3rei : I have spreadsheets that I can arrange via genre tags, hahaha! It's sad... I catalog at work, come home, and catalog my personal collections...

Sadly no

wishing you a fab vacation :)
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member

Why would you want to fix us?! Spreadsheets are the best!
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Edition #19: Do You Want to Be a Millionaire?
    Date: 05/22/16

Welcome to this last week's edition of Reading Roundup, where I sample selections of stories from the Stories and Legacies Index! This week, for Be a Millionaire Day, I'll be looking at Rosebud Challenges!

The Rosebud Challenge is a challenge for the Sims 4 based on unlocking the "Rosebud" achievement: gaining 1,000,000 simoleons in a single household! You can check out the rules for this rags-to-riches style challenge here, and though he by no means was actually playing the Rosebud Challenge, if you would like to see the achievement be met, James Turner's livestream Let's Play series, Road to $1,00,000 is a fun watch!

So without further ado, let's see if these Sims can make some bank!

Story: Letters from my Simself
    Simmer: @Charliimai
    Sims games featured: Sims 4
    Date of last update: 11/18/2015
    Total parts (completed): 14

Letters from my Simself is a completed Rosebud Challenge that stars the Simself Charlii Mai. The story is told through a series of letters from the Sim Charlii Mai to their creator, with several photos attached to the end of each letter showing her adventures as she goes from living like a bum in the park reduced to eating spoiled food to making a better life for herself as a scientist with a family and a home of her own. There are some really neat tips in here I never would've considered, as well as some failed ventures, making this a very interesting read for a quick journey through meeting that Rosebud achievement! (I also really like the letter background on the blog site... just gives it that little extra touch!)

Story: The SIMple Life of Una Reign
    Simmer: @Charliimai
    Date of last update: 11/16/2016
    Total parts (active, ongoing): 15+

The SIMple Life of Una Reign is a Rosebud Challenge with a sci-fi twist! On the distant planet of Dersobu, the royal family had fallen on hard times: the Queen was unable to conceive an heir, leaving the King's sister, Wynona, challenging her brother for the throne. In a desperate move the King and Queen used artificial insemination of their DNA into a surrogate mother, hoping to birth an heir in secret. The plan was discovered, Winona planned a coup and seized the throne, but the surrogate and a guardian-bot managed to escape Dersobu to an uninhabited land. Now the child, Princess Una Reign, must start from nothing and make this new home, Prehistorica, into a place that the rebels on Dersobu can come and colonize. The chapters alternate perspectives, sometimes showing life on Prehistorica, which provide an event log from the guardian-bot, as well as first-person entries from Una Reign on her progress toward the colonization project, and sometimes showing life back on Dersobu, with the developments of the evil (but beautiful... I love the design of this Sim!) Queen Wynona and her plots to find the missing Princess and destroy her so she will no longer be a threat to her rule. This is a very unique spin on the Rosebud Challenge, and will likely appeal to both fans of history challenges (due to the primitive lifestyle of Prehistorica) and science fiction fans!

Story: To Be a Sim-illionaire
    Simmer: @cully_c
    Date of last update: 06/07/2016
    Total parts (ongoing): 61

To Be a Sim-illionaire features Farrah Bustamante, a distant cousin of the Corrigan Family from @cully_c 's Corrigan Legacy, who is going to be a millionaire. She currently only has an empty plot of land, but hey, she has a bin, and all millionaires start off with a bin! Narrated in the first-person by Farrah, there is a humorouos, snarky tone to the story that is absolutely hysterical, filled with some great fourth wall jokes, added captions beneath the photos for humorous effect, and just some really great and memoriable quotes (for example, Farrah describes her lack of success as a comedian in the entertainer career with "My jokes have as much impact to the world as a fart in a hurricane.") This is a wonderful laugh-out-loud read, with a character that is just bursting at the seams with personality from that lighthearted, humorous tone used throughout the chapters.

From the Archives:

Story: The Prospero Legacy: Rosebud Challenge
    Site: Simply Vanilla Sims
    Simmer: @ShadyLady_DQ
    Date of last update: 12/06/2015
    Total parts (discontinued): 56

The Prospero Legacy: Rosebud Challenge, though on hiatus, is a great introduction to the Rosebud Challenge, that goes through eight weeks, a day per chapter, with Rosabelle Prospero, an aspiring author who has moved to Oasis Springs without a Simoleon to her name but big dreams of earning a million of them one day. The story really highlights the focus of the challenge -- funds -- by showing how much Rosabelle starts each day with, how much she earns each day and from what activities, what items she purchases that deducts from her funds, and her ending funds each day, as well as what skills she is gaining on her journey. The story is told in a gameplay log format with several captioned photos for each chapter that follow Rosabelle throughout her day. (She also has impeccable taste, I might add... she thinks NPC librarians are hot. ^_~ )

Story: Rosebud Challenge
    Site: Eddie's Sims World
    Simmer: @Eddie Sims
    Date of last update: 12/30/2016
    Total parts (completed): 16

Rosebud Challenge is another Rosebud Challenge that is currently on hiatus, but a good introduction to the challenge. It has a few similarities in format to The Prospero Legacy: Rosebud Challenge, in that there is a really excellent summary of all the funds earned and spent throughout the chapters, and it also chronicles each day, though in this story the daily activities are compiled into a full week per chapter, except for the first day of the challenge. The story stars Darius Mooney, who after losing his parents as a child was raised in foster care. Moving around frequently and feeling he never had much security in his life, now as an adult, he wants to change the poverty and insecurity of his past and become a self-made millionaire (no Motherlode Bank loans for him)! A change for this challenge is that it is generational, with Darius's future children or grandchildren carrying on his dream of reaching a million Simoleons for the family. He moves to Willow Creek, where he meets the lovely Esther Browning, and not only works toward his goals of being a painter, but works towards winning her heart. The story is written in third-person novel format, with a rich and detailed portrayel of Darius's life.

That's it for this installment of Reading Roundup! As always, I would like to thank these authors for taking the time to submit their work to the Stories and Legacies Index! Join me in June, where in honor for a belated Geek Pride Day, I'll be looking at stories themed around geeky fandoms!
    Post edited by mastressalita on
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    CharliimaiCharliimai Posts: 1,773 Member
    @mastressalita Thanks for the mention, Enjoy the convention. (sorry just couldn't help myself I'm in a rhyming mood) :D
    Have a great time on Vacation :)
    cSXsPD.jpg

Read my Legacy story's or atttempt one of my Sims 4 challenges.
    Charlii Mai's Blogs and Challenges

Read All of my Latest stories all in one place.
    RainbowPlumbob (Wordpress)

• Options
    cully_ccully_c Posts: 655 Member
    Thank you once again for the mention! I am glad you have been enjoying the Sim-Illionaire story! It's becoming a legacy/rotational play/rosebud challenge hybrid story now!
  • Options
    SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    It is great to see you here at the Sims forums, Simsophonique!
    Hi darling ! Well believe me I am just registred to thank you for everything and the mention .A bit late my apologizes I ignored my Origin account could open me the door of the official forum.It's been years I did not visit it.You won't see me often .I am insecure to join a new community .I don't feel in my shoes already.
    I just wish to meet more people like you @mastressalita , people who enjoy the game, the whole community and bring positivity.Thank you for everything really for the love and for the passion of the reading and of the game.
    About the writting community ,I am not in my shoes .I kinda feel like a stranger around all the people with their great sims and their sophisticated stories. Mine lacks so much suspense,plot and great adventure , what we have to normally find out in litterature due to my basic English knowledge , just average .I just write a let's play story, so underrated in the community.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Edition #20: It's Chic to Be Geek! Pt. 1
    Date: 07/04/16 05/29/16 *time-travel, woo!*

Welcome to this edition of Reading Roundup, where I sample selections of stories from the Stories and Legacies Index! This week, for a very belated Geek Pride Day, I'll be looking at those stories that somehow find a place within geek culture, whether it be science fiction, anime, video games, a popular fandom, or just a story that features geeks in a prominent role!

What? Geek Pride Day was all the way back in May you say? I know, I know, first I was at Anime Oasis the weekend this edition was supposed to go up, getting my own geek on (and why no, there is absolutely no photo evidence of a certain Sim-cosplayer doing parapara dancing there... *shifty eyes*), and then the month of June became consumed with Sims Pride 2016... Yaaaaa... errr... You know what, this can be fixed! Quickly, to the TARDIS! This is nothing that a little breaking of the space-time continuum can't fix! (Because librarians only use Time Lord technology for the most important things!)

Story: The Chains of Lyra
    Simmer: @InfraGreen
    Date of last update: 07/15/2016
    Total parts (hiatus): 3

The Chains of Lyra is a sci-fi story set on Earth that follows the adventures of a group of four aliens that are stuck doing various jobs for interstellar diplomats. The story, written in novel format, is focused around Vega Ironstar de Lyra, daughter of a high-ranking immortal alien and a human father who is currently working with the Sixth Court of Antares and possesses limited mind-reading and clairvoyance. Originally stationed in Twinbrook, she has been relocated to Newcrest to meet up with her new team: Cadmium Jiang/Rust/Wolff (it's complicated), another Antarean/human mix that may not be the most intelligent but makes up for it in her magnetic personality; Willow Grave, daughter of a hybrid father and human father, athlete extraordinaire, and peacekeeper; and Samira Racket, daughter of an immortal (and a familiar face from InfraGreen's Eight Cicadas!) who is quite knowledgable on Antarean tech on Earth. The story is just getting started, so this is a great time to jump in and get aquainted with the cast! I can't wait to see where things are headed!

Story: Ironbound
    Site: munterbaconsims
    Simmer: @Munterbacon
    Date of last update: 05/29/2016
    Total parts (hiatus): 92

Ironbound is a sci-fi story that is set a decade after the end of a six-hundred year war. It follows Shaela Amaya, a Helsian warrior, who has been forced to live amongst the Helsian's long-time enemy, the Xaabosians, as their emperor's ward due to a peace treaty. Despite this she is friends with the emperor's daughter, Princess Leyva. As the princess's birthday approaches, and she must find a bond, she wants to choose Shaela, but knows because of the bad blood between their two races that she cannot, which could cause a rift in their friendship. However, much hinges on this one event, as different plots and various court intrigue are put into motion... This is a very addictive story! Written in novel format, the perspective varies from chapter to chapter, the plot moves along at a nice pace, and the chapters are a very managable length so you can really get drawn in and find yourself binge-reading without realizing it! The characters are intriguing (I love Nakaia!) and the visuals are astounding, with some very beautiful sets and Sims! A must-read for sci-fi fans!

Story: Island End
    Site: Look What We Started
    Simmer: @GaiaHypothesis
    Sims games featured: Sims 3
    Date of last update: 06/30/2016
    Total parts (completed): 150+ (Simblr format)

Island End is for fans of dystopian science fiction! The setting focuses on a society that has been "cultivated, split, segregated, and grown to uphold sectors for industrialized society"; the lower eschelons struggle to get by while the higher-ups reap the benefits of a mass scientific revolution. The story begins with a mysterious woman, Evelyn, finding herself in a gritty, industrial city, Victor, after waking up in a shipping yard in a container alone, only one of six escapees from the destruction of her home city, Juliett. She is met by Jonah, who takes her under his wing, and they form a relationship of sorts... but she is set on tapping toes with the powerful forces of Quintus and discovering what happened to her home. This story features a lot of action and intrigue, as the story unfolds bit-by-bit Simblr style, with each part featuring a small selection of amazing visuals that really showcase the setting followed by conversations about what is going on written in script-format between the characters. The story has very interesting world-building, and it's really easy to have to get caught up in a single sitting! Please be advised that this story is for mature readers, and features sexual situations, nudity, and violence.

Story: My Little Pony
    Site: Spacey Sims' YouTube Channel
    Simmer: @Spacey72659 (YouTube: Spacey Sims)
    Date of last update: 01/23/2017
    Total parts (active, ongoing): 3 gens

Let's get some fandom up in here, shall we? Any Bronies in the house? *raises hand with absolutely no shame* My Little Pony is a video Let's Play series that features Sims based on the characters from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and a rotational-style play. Originally the mane six were in a single household, and each episode focused on a different girl, while the others in the house were left (more or less) autonomous, but later in the series they were split into separate households. So if you have a favorite pony, you could just follow those episodes if you really wanted to... but why would you want to do that and miss out on all the rest of the fun? Each girl has her own aspirations and goals: Pinkie Pie owns a bakery and aspires to be a real party animal (but of course!), Fluttershy is working on mastering music for the entertainer career, Rainbow Dash wants to reach the top of the athletic career, Rarity owns a fashion boutique (and seems to really enjoy flirting with Don Lothario...), Applejack works on the Apple family farm raising that gardening skill, and Twilight Sparkle is an aspiring scientist. In addition to working on their aspirations, gameplay also heavily follows whims and, of course, making them all great friends! (I mean, this is MLP!) Many of the other ponies you are familiar with from the show make an appearance as well, such as the Cutie Mark Crusaders, the Apple family, Spike (as an alien! So cute!), and even Derpy and Doctor Whooves! (Confession time... Derpy is my Best Pony, and my nickname is "Derpy", hahaha!) There are also many speed build and CAS videos included as well. The series has just started with its second generation of ponies in Ponyville, so if you are a fan of MLP, make sure to check it out!

Story: Ocean Wild: A Sims 3 Stardew Valley Story
    Site: The Madness of Mr. Goth Tumblr
    Simmer: @ValoisFulcanelli
    Date of last update: 10/19/2016
    Total parts (hiatus): 18

We can't celebrate Geek Pride without video games! Ocean Wild: A Sims 3 Stardew Valley Story is based on the popular simulation game Stardew Valley, with characters lovingly recreated in Sims 3. The story is a "slow burn romance" between solitary writer Elliott and goth computer programmer Sebastian. The story is written in novel form but presented in short daily chapters, featuring a collection of absolutely gorgeous images before the written text. Other characters from the game are planned to make an appearance (a few already have)! Beautifully written with beautiful visuals that really capture the mood, this is a story that even if you haven't played Stardew Valley yet (like me... I own it, but given my addiction problems to the Harvest Moon franchise, I'm not letting myself install it at this point in time, hahaha!), but you enjoy boys' love romances (like me), then you can still entirely appreciate and enjoy this story! Please note this story is recommended for mature readers, as it features occassional swearing and sexual situations.

Story: Project A.N.I.M.E.: A Sort of Prettacy
    Simmer: @IchigoUsagi
    Date of last update: 06/17/2016
    Total parts (discontinued): 4

Let's move onto another staple of geek culture, Japanese animation! This is a fandom I've been into for a long time (basically long before it was "cool" Stateside and very, very difficult to get!) so imagine my delight to discover a Prettacy story based on otaku culture! In Project A.N.I.M.E.: A Sort of Prettacy, Dr. Albinson has created the perfect anime waifu... except the V3 Sakura (you can call her Vivi!) didn't exactly turn out as planned, and the initial consumer feedback was quite negative. The only way to keep his project in develop without killing their budget? To breed the "undesirable features" out of the product, of course! Seems a legacy is in order! Vivi is still your typical genki anime girl, and she settles into the Prettacy founder role with gusto! What I absolutely love about this series is all the references and in-jokes that really hit home to a hardcore anime fan, with an ample dose of those Japanese terms that any otaku knows like the back of their hand really giving the story that extra bit of flavor (don't worry, there is an index provided for those that are otaku-speak illiterate; I, obviously, am not in need of it, heh.) Fans of anime definitely need to check this out, but even if you aren't, if you like Prettacies, give this one a look! It has such a unique and interesting angle!

Story: The Poindexter Legacy
    Simmer: @Trick
    Date of last update: 04/11/2016
    Total parts (discontinued): 28

Since this edition is all about Geek Pride, how about a story that features a bonified geek as a main character? The Poindexter Legacy is a legacy challenge that has the Geek trait as the exemplar trait for heirs! It begins with founder Edison Poindexter, who has just relocated to Windenburg after receiving a job at Omniscience. Not exactly owning a home to call his own yet, he has to rough it off the land for the time being, but he isn't too worried: "It may sound like a hard life, but I'm a nerd. Quantum physics is hard. High school was hard. Gym class was really hard. This is going to be a piece of cake." As Edison collects frogs for breeding experiments, mooches off his neighbors teh Bjergensens, settles into his job at Omniscience under his boss Hugh Seymour (a man that has to be seen to be believed!) building new contraptions with the help of his construction bot Sparky, and starts up a relationship with the hot bartender Wanda, he is well on his way to paving his own legacy. This is a legacy that oozes geek pride, from Edison's love of all things science and quest to contact alien life to arguing captains and quoting Monty Python with his firstborn. The story is written in novel format, in first person from Edison's perspective, and it just has such an excellent tone; comical with just the right about of snark when necessary! The images also have brief, comical captions as well. This legacy is a great read, because Edison is just such a delightful character!

Story: Storytown
    Simmer: @Chandier
    Date of last update: 05/05/2016
    Total parts (discontinued): 3

How about book fandom? It is no shock that fantasy and science fiction authors are staple guests at fandom conventions (I'm going to meet fantasy author Anne Bishop at a convention this coming September!), so here is a story that embraces the love of fantasy novels by creating a world filled with Sims based on various different fantasy book characters, Storytown! Each chapter is focused on a different household, so it reads a bit like a town rotation, and occassionally readers can vote on book characters to be added to the world! Currently featured are Garion and Ce'nedra Riva from David Eddings The Belgariad and The Malloreon, Catti-Brie and Wulfgar from R.A. Salvatore's Forgotten Realms novels, and Ramsey Bolton and Asha Greyjoy from George R. R. Martin's Game of Thrones, with plans to add J. K. Rowling's Harry Potter characters next! It is interesting to see how these characters have settled into new roles in their new homes in Newcrest, not to mention the friendships (and enemies...) they make amongst each other!

Story: Time Lord Challenge: The Librarian
    Date of last update: 08/11/2016
    Total parts (completed): 12 Doctors

Doctor Who is the longest-running science fiction television show, with a large fan following, and considered a staple of Geek fandom. The Time Lord Challenge for Sims 4 is based on the popular science fiction series; the premise of the challenge is to use a single Sim, and over the course of eleven regenerations (equaling twelve unique looks for the Sim and using all 36 traits over the course of those regenerations), you attempt to complete an aspiration for each regeneration. Before aging up from Adult to Elder, you must have earned enough reward points to purpose a Youth Potion to reset their lifespan. There are some other details, and if you are interested, I recommend you check out the official thread.

This video Let's Play Time Lord Challenge features the Librarian (Best. Time Lord. Name. EVER!!! Not that I'm biased or anything...), a Time Lord who's first aspiration is to become a Master Chef! He also lives in the customary bright blue TARDIS-inspired home, and his Companion is Madame Ethel, who has the trait combination of insane, creative, and gloomy, making her a really interesting personality to have around! He enjoys costume parties (and looks fabulous as a hotdog, I must say!) This is a long-running Time Lord Challenge, that has completed ELEVEN SEASONS! That means there is only one regeneration of the challenge left! Way to go Spacey! Each season has twelve parts, and there is a farewell clipshow for each librarian before the next season begins. This is a great series to watch season by season, enjoying all the different variety between the different Librarians!

Story: Time Lord Challenge: The Counsellor
    Site: Saffize's YouTube Channel
    Simmer: @Weathie (YouTube: Saffize)
    Date of last update: 07/08/2016
    Total parts (hiatus): 5 Doctors

This Time Lord Challenge is a video Let's Play series that features the Counsellor, a Time Lord who (originally) aspired to have a successful lineage, but had to break the rules a bit and switch to jokestar upon realizing the impossibilities of such given the timeframe. I love how the Counsellor was designed through randomization, and his bright blue TARDIS house, with tiny first floor entryway but the massive basement, is a nice touch as well. His first companion is Cha*na (forgive the asterisk, that's one of those silly words the forum will pluminate otherwise!), a hot-headed, ambitious, romantic... and also a single mother! The town is populated with a lot of celebrity Sims which really spice things up, in particular comedians given First's ambitions to make it in the comedy world; he befriends Charlie Chaplan, while things really heat up between Cha*na and Oliver Hardy! Can the Counsellor find love for himself as well in Liam Hensworth? And will John Cleese accept being the next Companion? (Man, now I just really wish John Cleese was actually a Companion on Doctor Who...) A cute farewell clipshow video ushers out each Counsellor before the next regeneration, and currently four regenerations have been completed and the fifth is in progress! Check it out!

Story: Travelers: A Pseudo-Sci-Fi Legacy
    Site: Gamer's Corner
    Simmer: @thuggishsplicer
    Date of last update: 12/25/2016
    Total parts (active, ongoing): 19

Travelers: A Pseudo-Sci-Fi Legacy begins its tale with Robert Buckhart, an orphan that, upon reaching adulthood, is ready to leave the orphanage where he grew up, attend college, and start a new life for himself. Little does he know that he's the beginning of a bloodline that is tied to changing the flow of time and preventing the extinction of the human race! The story changes perspective, focusing not only on Robert, but the family he never knew he had, and will follow this bloodline throughout future generations in thier adventures through different places and dimenions. The first chapter, which is split into several parts, focuses on Robert as he sets out into the world, attends college, settles down with his friends Julitta and Sean Brooks, starts a family, and focuses on becoming a great inventor (hmm... do I see a time machine in his future?) The second chapter has just begun, which switches perspectives to Robert's biological mother and brother, fleshing out Robert's background. A story about time that plays around with timelines and perspectives in a very interesting way!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Edition #20: It's Chic to Be Geek! Pt. 2
    Date: 07/04/16 05/29/16 *time-travel, woo!*

From the Archives:

Story: The Forgotten Doors: A TS4 Time Lord Challenge
    Site: commeuneplume: Sim Stories
    Simmer: @commeuneplume
    Date of last update: 07/16/2015
    Total parts (discontinued): 3

The Forgotten Doors is a Time Lord Challenge that features a Time Lady, the Door, who wakes in a room, where she is being cared for by a blue alien; she cannot remember who she is or why she is there, and her only clue is an envelope on the floor addressed to her that says "01.2596.44863.2" across the front, that contains a mysterious message inside. She is told from her alien caretaker, Teka, that she shouldn't leave the TARDIS (which appears as an abandoned bookstore... I love that detail! Go Go Chameleon Circuit!) for now, as repairs need to be done, so she takes to gardening in the back lot. I really loved the angle this Time Lord Challenge took in setting everything up, which was very unique, while providing a bit of mystery and intrigue that really made me curious about things to come! It's a bit of a shame that this story may have been discontinued... but I do think it is worth a look, since it shows how the Time Lord Challenge can be translated into a SimLit style!

Story: Let's Play the Sims 4: Get to Work X-Files
    Date of last update: 10/24/2015
    Total parts (discontinued): 67

Another fandom-based series, Let's Play the Sims 4: Get to Work X-Files is a video Let's Play that explores the detective and doctor careers from Get to Work in a cute and unique way: by theming the Sims and story around The X-Files! It features Scully and Mulder as roommates, though they don't know each other that well yet. Mulder is a detective investigating "weird alien phenomena" around town (I absolutely love the way Spacey adds "alien" into all the detective career descriptions and Mulder is convinced all the crimes going on are actually alien activity, hahaha!), while Scully is busy working her ranks up the doctor career and trying to convince Mulder that aliens aren't real... and is also keeping a big secret from her roommate. Remember... the truth is out there!

Story: Life After Riverdale
    Site: Sim-ply Awesome Stories
    Simmer: @swcheppes
    Date of last update: 09/06/2015
    Total parts (discontinued): 6

A Geek Pride celebration wouldn't be complete without the comic books! Life After Riverdale is a story based on the Archie comics series, which features the characters, now young adults and newly settled into Newcrest. Things are different now... Archie isn't seeing anyone, Betty and Veronica have become a whole lot closer with each other, and Jughead has fallen in love! Archie just wants a nice, low-key, drama-free life, but that is hardly how things turn out! This story is great, filled with lots of "stories within stories," more drama than you can shake a stick at, and plenty of love triangles (and quadrangles, and other... complications)! I really hope we get to see more adventures of the Riverdale gang in their new life in the future!

Story: Pixel Perfect: A Gamer's Legacy
    Simmer: Elocine
    Date of last update: 09/02/2014
    Total parts (completed): 82 (10 gens)

Pixel Perfect: A Gamer's Legacy is a completed ten generation legacy (this is especially notable as Elocine had terrible luck starting legacies prior, including four founder deaths in a row!) where all children born into the Pixel family are named after video game characters, whether they be famous, infamous, or downright obscure! (Are you gamer geek enough to recognize all the references?) The story begins with founder Princess Peach Pixel, an aspiring Leader of the Free World who has recently moved to Sunset Valley, and quickly finds that rather than having an interest in diminutive Italian men, she'd much rather settle down with attractive female tattoo artist Sue Scotch. Perhaps not the most ideal mate with her fears of commitment and dislike of nooboos, they are determined to make the relationship work out, and they end up starting a family together. The story is written in the first person with dialogue in script format, and occassionally includes short notes from the author about the "behind the scenes" game events. The story changes perspective often, and usually each chapter looks at the events going on from several Pixel family members eyes, which is one of the most endearing parts about this story... each child has so much personality, which really comes out in the writing! This is a fun legacy that is really fun to follow! If you are looking for a completed legacy challenge to sink your teeth into, check it out! And if you want more, guess what! Elocine has brought the Pixel's back recently to Sims 4 with Pixel Perfect Redux! There are currently five parts available of this new legacy challenge!

Story: The Pokemon Rainbowcy
    Simmer: missmiserie
    Date of last update: 05/12/2016
    Total parts (hiatus): 97 (7 gens)

The Pokemon Rainbowacy is a color-themed legacy challenge based around our favorite "Gotta Catch 'em All!" franchise (yes, before Voidcritters!) It begins with three Sims modeled after the starter Pokemon from the classic game -- Charmander, Squirtle, and Bulbasaur -- who are approached by Professor Oak with a proposition to be part of his Legacy Breeding Project, which would provide them with a home... except there is a catch. Only one starter can be the founder of said project! Thus it is put to reader vote, and the other two will be resigned to the terrible fates of having to babysit his grandson and collect dust in his lab... And if you can't tell yet, this story is absolutely hysterical, written in "ISBI style" with plenty of humorous commentary from the author and filled not only with tons of Pokemon in-jokes, but just has such a humorous tone that if you have lived under a rock since the 90s and know nothing about Pokemon at all, you could still love this story! (I absolutely love how the toddlers and children are given "adult" dialogue... I about choked reading their lines! Just so hilarious to see sentences like that attached to such cute faces...) Each generation is based after a color-themed after the towns in the game (Viridian, Pewter, Cerulean, Lavender, Vermilion, and Celadon have featured thus far, with Pallet as the "starter" generation), with the children being named and themed after a Pokemon of said color. You can even find themed Imaginary Friends and pets! (Yes, adorable Meowth kitten and Smeargle puppy! Waaa!) A must-read for Pokemon fans, or anyone who enjoys humorous, light-hearted legacies.

Story: Project Unity
    Simmer: @camimh
    Date of last update: 01/02/2017
    Total parts (active, ongoing): 39 (3 seasons)

Project Unity is a science fiction story that is set nearly four hundred years into the future. This is a story that will appeal to Star Trek fans, or anyone that enjoys shipboard sci-fi, as it follows the crew of Unity. Once the Unity contained only Project Unity leader James Hunt and twenty-four survivors of an invasion of the Quuvari, an alien race that slaughtered the majority of mankind and enslaved the rest, making the ship a life boat for the human race. That was three-hundred years ago. Now expanded and called the Ark, the ship is home to fifteen hundred people, and the story follows the adventures of the crew of this mobile human colony. The story is written in novel format and split into seasons; the first two seasons are completed with eighteen chapters each, and the third season has just started! The site also has a lot of fun bonuses, like information about the ship, a character log of all the unique aliens, and other historical records! This is a great read for your shipboard sci-fi needs!

That's it for this installment of Reading Roundup! As always, I would like to thank these authors for taking the time to submit their work to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    OMG your write ups of my LPs is just making me feel all squishy inside. Thank you so much for mentioning them & I just love how you summarized them <3
    (Also, I have ALLTHEFEELS now bc X-Files in in there. I loved that one so much!)
  • Options
    @Spacey72659 : So many of your LPs were just so perfect for the Geek Pride theme!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    @mastressalita I was confused which topics are comment-friendly or not.
    I've checked most of the stories. That was a great lot! XD
  • Options
    TheoriesOfHappinessTheoriesOfHappiness Posts: 1,126 Member
    i can't believe i haven't noticed this thread! this is so cool, love hearing all the thoughts and seeing recommendations for stories i might have overlooked on the index previously! can't wait for the next roundup! :)
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    Came upon this thread thanks to a link of @thuggishsplicer 's. You're doing an amazing job, @mastressalita classifying all the stories! :D
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    Thanks guys! I'm always glad when people find new reading material because of this thread, because that is the entire intention! I've been a bit bogged down (my daily chronic migraine condition tends to do quite badly in the hot summer months) which is why I haven't had much time to pull together some new roundups in a while (I was shocked how long it took me to do my Geek Pride edition... granted, it was very worth it, some excellent reading material there!) I am definitely hoping to get some horror/mystery/supernatural themed editions out in October though! (That's my favorite month, so...) And hopefully prior to then, I want to get a few "rewind editions" out where I do some of the stories that fit previous themes but were added to the Stories and Legacies Index after the original editions went up (for example, Prettacies that listed with the S&LI after the posting of the Prettacies! edition of Reading Roundup).
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    Take care! :)
    Migraine is beastly - I had it after an accident, when they injected medicine directly into my spine. The airbubbles caused really severe migraine when they reached my brain, wich was as soon as I raised up a little from bed. Luckily it was a "mechanically' induced state, and it vanished when the bubbles resolved after about a month or so...
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    That seems hard! Get better soon @mastressalita !
  • Options
    xoxJennxoxxoxJennxox Posts: 406 Member
    @mastressalita I don't know how I missed this thread! Thanks for the mentions wayyy back in the ISBI and Backwards ISBI readings.

I hope you feel better soon.
    Origin ID xoxJennxox
    Jenn's Junkyard - Current Stuff
    Tart ISBI -Completed 12/12/2016
  • Options
    cshanercshaner Posts: 2,620 Member
    This is a great thread!! Book marking for when I'm caught up with my current story to get recommendations for next read! Thanks @mastressalita !!
    covensig800x200.jpg?w=676
    SimFluence - Where Sims Influence the Story
    Blood that Binds: A Vampire Coven Challenge Updated 04/22/2017
    Life Under Construction: A Drifter Challenge House 001 Completed 1/29/17 | Orphan Challenge: Harkins Family Completed 11/12/16
    Origin ID: cshaner07