The Sims 4 Is Coming To Xbox One and PlayStation 4! Read the blog for more info.

Rosebud Challenge - Can you become a Sim-Millionaire? - EuphorialQueen

EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 4,091 Member
Rosebud Challenge - Can you become a Sim-Millionaire? - EuphorialQueen
Rosebud Challenge - Can you become a Sim-Millionaire?
In Sims 4 is an achievement called Rosebud with the following goal:
'Gain 1,000,000 Simoleons in a single household'
That is the idea behind this challenge.
Using the basic guidelines from RIMS (Rain In My Shoes) the challenge begins with a Sims with no visible means of support.
The Sim(s):
Fresh household with Zero skills.
Life span on Normal.
No more than two per household. *Edit: More can be added later. See below.
Preferably Young Adult.
Can be your own or from the gallery.
Please give credit when using the creations of someone else.
Aspirations and traits are up to you.
Choose wisely as they will be fending for themselves for a while.
The Lot:
Nothing but a mailbox and maybe a trashcan (which will have to be bought).
*Edit: 30 September 2014 - You may buy an Outdoor trashcan before reducing funds to Zero.
Indoor trashcans cannot be emptied without an outdoor one.
Size is up to you but I am starting on my favorite 30x20 size.
* Clarification/Starting Funds:
Once moved into Empty lot must set starting funds to Zero.
This can be achieved by using the money cheat described below.
Cheats to reduce funds:
Money ###”–Set’s funds to exact number
Sims.modify_funds +/-###” –Adds or subtracts value from current funds
Example: “Money 25000″ or “Sims.modify_funds +500”
This would be the only cheat allowed with exception of glitches.
Glitches = can use TestingCheats True in the event of a true glitch.

Improving the Lot:
Build your own or use one from the gallery.
*Must be Empty to start!
Note: This is your home thru the challenge.
Warning: the more 'stuff' the higher the bills.
Go slow at first so your Sim will not have to starve or go without power/ water.
Update:
Earning Money:
You can Collect, Fish, Smooze, Garden or play for tips (if skill is high enough).
Jobs:
Get to 500s §500 (Five hundred Simoleons) before getting a job. Consider it like an application fee.
Housing and spouse/move in another Sim:
Requires walls, a door and a window. Plumbing of at least one toilet and a sink. Fridge for quick meals. Sleep spot for each Sim. Would you move in with a person living on an empty lot?
Adding a Roommate or Spouse:
Must have enclosed space as described above. Only the bathroom would require full enclosure.
Must add Roommate via 'Ask to Move In' action. If you really have your eye on a special Sim in the Gallery they can be added to your population but NOT directly to your lot. You can add them to either an existing household, an empty lot (they can fend for themselves) or to the 'Not in this World (homeless) population. This Sim cannot be played to add funds etc until added to your household.
Must add Spouse to your current lot. You may want to add as a Roommate via 'Ask to Move In' action first.
You can decide if they will stay or go at that point.

Potential amendments
Added 30Sept2014
Known Issue Rambunctious Scamp (Child Aspiration) with action 'Play on Jungle Gym While Playful' is not met.
Issue was added to Sims 4 Official Bug List.
Temporary work around: Open cheat panel using control shift C and type in the command:
Aspirations.complete_current_milestone
This will complete that level of the aspiration.

***Thread at EA Answer HQ - Just saw another possible solution.
Go to park while playful and play on the Shipinstead of the Jungle Gym.
~
Clarification in answer to question asked:
Q. Do you purchase a trashcan before setting funds to zero or after? (Great question LadyGee)
A. Since mailbox and trashcan are standard issue (Sims 3 they are included with each lot) you can buy one before reducing funds if you want.
Be sure it is one of the outdoor ones.

@ImaginingMystic suggested some variations to the #RosebudChallenge in her Let's Play on YouTube.
--
Added 25 October 2015
Rosebud Extreme: Suggested by @ImaginingMystic
No household member can have a job.
All funds must be earned by collecting or creating.
Painting, Writing Books, Writing Songs or Crafting Items are allowed.
Sims added to household must bring in Zero Simoleons.
If the added Sim has a job they must quit immediately.
--
Post edited by EuphorialQueen on

Comments

• EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 4,091 Member
    edited October 2014
    This challenge will be hosted at The Sims Creators' Consortium
    This is a work in progress since the game is still new to everyone.
    Added 11 October 2014:
    What I learned testing this challenge: Adding in random order
    Plan ahead for multiple generations.
    Keep number of Sims in the household at a manageable number for each generation.
    More Sims means more food and resources consumed and less bankroll.
    Remember to concentrate on making as much income as possible per generation.
    More possessions means higher bills.
    Keep only the minimum items / aspiration rewards needed and sell the rest.
    Higher quality beds, plumbing, appliances and computers will contribute to your success.
    Gardening is very time intensive and requires a lot of work.
    Scout out where to find a few choice items to harvest in the wild and keep gardens small to supplement recipes and sell for income.
    The topiary object can be used to gain gardening skills.
    Potions and extra traits can be your friend - if you earned them you can use them.
    Save a few Simoleons (and space) on Baby/Kid items. Unless adopting a baby a crib is automatically supplied by the game.
    Once the baby becomes a child the crib can be sold.
    edited October 2014
    How to track family net worth.
    In Live mode open the Options Menu at top right of the screen. (...)
    Select Achievements
    From the list on the left choose Wealth & Collecting
    The Rosebud achievement will show your financial worth and progress toward the goal.
    how_to10.jpg
    Reserved
    Reserve
    I have been playing this a couple of (real life) weeks. My founders died of old age which under Normal lifespan is approximately 60 Sim days. Their children now have Teenagers who will soon be young adults. So far finances are at §121,669 cash on hand plus lot value §185,390 for §307,059 Net Value. They are about one third of the way to the Million Simoleon goal.
  • FloorRaisinFloorRaisin Posts: 1,340 Member
    This looks like a fun challenge! I bet the bills get pretty horrific. :D
    edited October 2014
    LOL.... Yes by now the bills are around 9k. They were closer to 10k but I sold a lot of personal and household inventory and that brought the bills back down. It is a financial juggling act that is for sure. And even though at times a bit frustrating I'm having a great time figuring this out. I am hoping more will give this a try. I am actually learning new things about Sims4 and am plotting new strategies to do this again.
    Added another B) Rosebud Challenge story to the list.
    Skipstad Rosebud Challenge - Volvenom
  • BUTTONSGINGERBUTTONSGINGER Posts: 5,341 Member
    This challenge is so much fun! I am loving every minute of it! Thank you Euphorial Queen for creating this challenge.

Here is my founder:
    09-20-10.jpg
    untitl19.jpg
    Hello. My name is Daphne Quigley. I'm a young adult of the normal lifespan and my life is just flying by, I mean seriously, how am I suppose to get anything accomplished at this blinding fast rate? What? Yes, I know, I know. I am wasting time. Forgive me.  See the cute little guy standing beside me, look quick because I am selling him as fast as I can. Why, you ask? Because, I was put on an empty lot in Oasis Springs with ZERO Simoleons. That's why. Wait, it gets better..... What's my goal? It's to "Gain 1,000,000 Simoleons in a single household". It's true. Funny, I swear I hear giggling. Really, are you laughing at my misfortune??? Can someone tell me who thought this up??? Oh,noooooo...you'll just sit there giggling yourself silly while I struggle through this so called life of mine. Enjoy.

Original challenge link:
    Rosebud Challenge - Can you become a Sim-Millionaire?

Follow Daphne's adventure here:
    Roses Are Red, Plumbobs Should Be Green
    Hello BG & Daphne g025.gif
    I have been following your adventures and you are doing quite well.
    Hello EQ :D

Daphne is collecting and selling as fast as she can! Here is what her "house" looks like. :p
    09-21-14.jpg
    Bed, toilet, trashcan and a lemon tree.  
  • kiwi84kiwi84 Posts: 877 Member
    This sounds great, I love starting out with zero funds and work my way up :) Just a quick question, when you have reached 500 simoleons, and you get job, I can use the money, or do we get rid of them since they where a application fee?
    Start with Zero but all Simoleons earned can be either spent or accumulated. In short ... make as many Simoleons as possible and spend them wisely. Just have fun! I hope you will share your progress. I learn a lot from the experience of others. ;)
    Hello Kiwi84 :D I hope you share some of your progress !

Been playing a fwe hours, will share later when I get the photos and writing done :)
    Added 06 October 2014
    How to track family net worth.
    In Live mode open the Options Menu at top right of the screen. (...)
    Select Achievements
    From the list on the left choose Wealth & Collecting
    The Rosebud achievement will show your financial worth and progress toward the goal.
    how_to10.jpg
    edited October 2014
    @ Euphorial Queen Oooooooooooo...I didn't know that! Thank you EQ <3

Good grief! Look how close you are to the goal :o (*)
    kiwi84 wrote: »
    Been playing a fwe hours, will share later when I get the photos and writing done :)
    Awesome, I can't wait to see your update :D
  • Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,200 Member
    edited October 2014
    Bookmarked. This is SO helpful. I had no idea. Thank you so much. There is just so much to learn about this game.

Great challenge by the way. I love to play this way. I am going to try this very soon. Thanks for updating it for Sims 4. Love it!!
  • InaMac69InaMac69 Posts: 1,239 Member
    I love this challenge <3 Can't wait to see more :D Thanks for the tips EQ <3
    I have been playing a while yesterday, and I am suprised of how well I did in the beginning :)

My sim Ruby Red

10-05-14_3-47nbspPM_zps67aaede6.png

She was lucky in her first day findings, frogs and treasures made her get up to 484 simoleons, so by the nest day she could join a career

10-05-14_3-51nbspPM_zpse10fc916.png

This was after 1 days work since she managed to get a promotion first day :)

10-05-14_8-16nbspPM_zpsc1268672.png

She is in the criminal career, so she dosen't make much money unless she has a promotion.

I felt like she was getting promotions to fast, so I decided to build her a house before actually buying her a shower, and proper kitchen. Now it isn't as easy to get promotions anymore since she is level 5.

10-05-14_8-29nbspPM_zps7f374efc.png
    edited October 2014
    @Glimmer50 You are welcome. Thank you for stopping by. I hope you enjoy the challenge. :D
    edited October 2014
    @InaMac69 *Blush* You are too kind. I love all your gorgeous/handsome Sims and I am glad you joined in on the challenge.
    @Kiwi84 Looks like you and Rose Red are moving right along. I tried the Criminal career and was having trouble trying to be Mean to so many Sims :P
    My other obstacle was when I finally met the 500s goal and got a job I had to wait Four Days before my first day of work! I was afraid the bills would get me before my first paycheck.
    ;)
    Glimmer50 wrote: »
    Bookmarked. This is SO helpful. I had no idea. Thank you so much. There is just so much to learn about this game.

Great challenge by the way. I love to play this way. I am going to try this very soon. Thanks for updating it for Sims 4. Love it!!

Yea! Hope you share your attempt here soon :D